Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 6,581 through 6,600 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    Participant

To Jodi and Gene! Does it not say that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God? Does that go only for us Humans? I don't think so, it goes for Jesus too. His body died and and what glory is it that He had before. He was certainly not flesh. He was in Heaven with the Father and He came forth from the Father, and is His only begotten Son. He emptied Himself and took on the form of a servant and became a man. If He was flesh in the beginning in John 1:1 why would Scripture have to say that
    He became flesh in verse 14. The Apostle's did not recognize Him, and neither did Maria Magdalene
    and She thought it was the Gardner. , after His resurrection. If He would have had the same fleshly body they would have recognized Him. With Thomas He materialized into the man He was to prove to Him that it is Jesus…No you are so wrong…..:(:(
    And not to speak of all the other Scriptures. That's all Jodi and Gene, you simple can't grasp it.
    Angel do that too. We had a miracle with Tiffany when She at age 2 stood on top of a Grill located on the second floor Balcoony of their Apartment, and jumped down. Cindy seen Her do it and screamed and some neighbors came running and seen two man leave the scene. Nobody knew who they were. Cindy took Tiffany to the Hospital and there was not a scrach on Her. We believe that those man were Angels that had materialized themself. Miracles still happen.
    Irene
    Irene:laugh: :laugh:

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 03 2010,12:57)
    WJ………..Jesus is (NOT) a SPIRIT BEING, He has a BODY as Angles His soul did not see corruption (soul = a body +spirit)The only a (SOUL) can be destroyed is (IN) the GRAVE or DEATH of the BODY. And if left that way they simply will parish and never exist.  What you are failing  to understand is that the Spirit of GOD was Speaking (through) Jesus But Jesus was never a spirit being (meaning without a body) Not when he was alive nor Now. The only spirit (Being) is  GOD HIMSELF, and He can co-habit the bodies he gives us, no other, IMO.

Jodi is  very accurate and has posted Many, many scriptures to back up her point of view. You and teraricca and Irene,  have produce no scripture that shows what she is saying is wrong.  IMO

peace and love………………gene

Gene,

You have no credibility anymore because you reduced the Father to lesser importance than what Jesus did. Jesus said that eternal life is to know that Father. You said that eternal life is greater than knowing the Father. Please stop trying to fool people. You are not devoted to the Father.

We have your number now.

thinker

kerwin
    Participant

Irene,

You must have flesh to be resurected after all Adam did not become a living soul until his flesh was animated.  

In scripture a human spirit(soul) without flesh is referred to as a ghost.  Becomming a ghost is death and not the resurection.

Why deny the resurection?

terraricca
    Participant

all
    let just say that the scriptures tell us;

1)Christ was the word descended in the form of men,
    2) Christ give up his body of flesh and his spirit return to God like it is for all of us;
    3)Christ was resurrected by his father,as the being he was before,but with more glory;
    4)Christ said he will come back ,but he will not come back as man,he died ones for all,and will never again ,
    5)Christ has received power to make war to the wicket and nations included Satan,this time it is not his father who will do the miracle and the fighting for him;
    IT WILL BE CHRIST HIMSELF WHO HAS RECIEVED THE POWER IT IS A DIFFERENT CHRIST NOW.
    NOT A MAN.AND HE HAS AN ARMY OF ANGELS WITH HIM.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 03 2010,20:42)
    Irene,

You must have flesh to be resurected after all Adam did not become a living soul until his flesh was animated.  

In scripture a human spirit(soul) without flesh is referred to as a ghost.  Becomming a ghost is death and not the resurection.

Irene……..Kerwin has it right, A SOUL= A BODY + SPIRIT , the Spirit in the body is what animates the body. When we die the body corrupts in the grave, the Spirit goe back to him who gave it. That is it nothing more of us remains, we have no thoughts, “For when a man dies His thoughts Parish, that is it we are totally dead. And if GOD left us without giving us a New body and adding Spirit back into it we simply would never exist any more. AS Jesus said GOD can destory (BOTH) BODY and SOUL (IN) the GRAVE. Because a Soul can not exist without a Body. IMO

peace and love to you and Georg…………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 03 2010,20:15)

WJ………..Jesus is (NOT) a SPIRIT BEING, He has a BODY as Angles His soul did not see corruption (soul = a body +spirit)The only a (SOUL) can be destroyed is (IN) the GRAVE or DEATH of the BODY. And if left that way they simply will parish and never exist.  What you are failing  to understand is that the Spirit of GOD was Speaking (through) Jesus But Jesus was never a spirit being (meaning without a body) Not when he was alive nor Now. The only spirit (Being) is  GOD HIMSELF, and He can co-habit the bodies he gives us, no other, IMO.

Jodi is  very accurate and has posted Many, many scriptures to back up her point of view. You and teraricca and Irene,  have produce no scripture that shows what she is saying is wrong.  IMO

peace and love………………gene

Gene,

You have no credibility anymore because you reduced the Father to lesser importance than what Jesus did. Jesus said that eternal life is to know that Father. You said that eternal life is greater than knowing the Father. Please stop trying to fool people. You are not devoted to the Father.

We have your number now.

thinker

Thinker …..> please show where what i posted there makes the Father lesser then Jesus. Thinker you are so intent on discrediting me you cant even understand what i have written. I have never said GOD the FATHER is Less then Jesus, I have alway Said there is no Greater the GOD the FATHER, He is (ABOVE ) (ALL)

Thinker………try this before committing on what someone says try to think about what the complete context of what is written, instead of trying desperately to try to find some way to twist up what is said, calm-down and think about what is written OK.

peace and love to you and yours…………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Irene,

KW

you most before all things have the love for God in your heart,
    or there will be no resurrection fore you,

flesh means nothing,God and Christ means everything.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Mar. 03 2010,20:11)
    To Jodi and Gene!  Does it not say that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God?  Does that go only for us Humans?  I don't think so, it goes for Jesus too.  His body died and and what glory is it that He had before.  He was certainly not flesh.  He was in Heaven with the Father and He came forth from the Father, and is His only begotten Son.  He emptied Himself and took on the form of a servant and became a man.  If He was flesh in the beginning in John 1:1 why would Scripture have to say that
    He became flesh in verse 14.  The Apostle's did not recognize Him, and neither did Maria Magdalene
    and She thought it was the Gardner. , after His resurrection.  If He would have had the same fleshly body they would have recognized Him.  With Thomas He materialized into the man He was to prove to Him that it is Jesus…No you are so wrong…..:(:(
    And not to speak of all the other Scriptures.  That's all Jodi and Gene, you simple can't grasp it.
    Angel do that too.  We had a miracle with Tiffany when She at age 2 stood on top of a Grill located on the second floor Balcoony of their Apartment, and jumped down.  Cindy seen Her do it and screamed and some neighbors came running and seen two man leave the scene.  Nobody knew who they were.  Cindy took Tiffany to the Hospital and there was not a scrach on Her.  We believe that those man were Angels that had materialized themself.  Miracles still happen.
    Irene
    Irene:laugh: :laugh:

Irene,

Once again you have failed to show the scriptures that state Jesus changed into some other sort of creature sometime AFTER he received incorruptible flesh.

Irene the FLESH profits us nothing, meaning that our flesh and blood cannot cause us to inherit the kingdom of God. Man must receive God's Spirit.

You DENY the words of Paul, you deny the Book of Acts and Luke,  and define 1 Corinthians 15:50  according to your OWN understanding, an understanding that bears NO FRUIT.

Romans 8:8  So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.  9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.  10  And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.  11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

The people who were “not in the flesh”, were actually still very much in the flesh as far as their bodies were concerned, it was their MINDS that were “not in the flesh”. Serving flesh does not cause us to inherit eternal life, serving God's Spirit does. If we serve the Spirit we are promised to receive life into our mortal bodies, meaning our flesh is changed into incorruptible flesh.

Do we need to be changed into some other sort of creature before we can enter God's Kingdom, is that what God REQUIRES of us? :O

NO!

The NT teaches us we must DENY the service of our flesh and seek to serve God, for serving our flesh and blood will not bring us into entering the Kingdom of God. That is what 1 Corinthians 15:50 is telling us.

In the Beginning was the WORD of God, which was in the form of a PROMISE of salvation/eternal life unto men. This WORD became flesh in Jesus Christ. This WORD was with God when He formed heaven and earth, for YHWH ALONE created heaven and earth and He created it for the coming savior, the MAN Jesus Christ. This WORD was with God when He made promises to the fathers, such as Abraham and David, telling them of a future man who would bring blessing to every nation. This WORD was with God when HE SPOKE to such prophets as Isaiah and Daniel. Then as previously mentioned, this WORD of God became flesh, it was no longer a PROMISE, it was a fulfilled promise.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Is it the same as with Elijah and John?
    Jesus seemed to call John Elijah yet John denied that he was.
    The Spirit of that was on Elijah was also on John, while the spirit of prophecy=testimony of Jesus=word, was as Jesus?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Matthew 1:21  And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”  22  So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:  23  “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,”  which is translated, “God with us.”  

The FATHER spoke to the prophets and they prophesied about a coming Messiah.

The Messiah, SPOKEN about by the prophets having received the WORDS from the Father, BECAME FLESH!!

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 03 2010,10:41)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 02 2010,17:48)
    WJ,

Could you explain how it is you believe Jesus can be IN a person?

Jodi

Why do you answer a question with a question? Why can you not once in your life reply to a scripture without a 1000 words and scriptures that hardly relate?

Is the Father in Jesus, is Jesus in the Father?

So by your conclusion it looks like you do not believe Pauls words that Jesus was in him and in us.

Do you believe this scripture…

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, “HOW THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU“, except ye be reprobates? 2 Cor 13:5

How about this…

Know ye not that “ye are the temple of God“, and that “the Spirit of God dwelleth in you“? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, “which temple ye are“. 1 Cor 3:16, 17

Do you not believe that God dwells in the Temple? If not then how is our bodys his Temple?

What purpose is our bodys being called the Temple of God if he does not dwell in them?

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and “we will come to him and make our home with him“. John 14:23

Do you not believe his words here or will you somehow explain away that it is not litteral but they live in us by a promise or something like that?

Blessings WJ

WJ,

Everyone on this forum often asks questions back along side their response, I didn't realize this was a problem for you.

Talk about exaggerating!! 1,000 words!  ???

I asked you three questions and I used four sentences in my response to the numerous scriptures I gave.

SHOW ME how what I said in my last post goes against the scriptures you have given?

God is in me and I in Him. Jesus is in me and I am in him. The words that Jesus spoke were the words of his Father, those words are said to be SPIRIT and LIFE, those words are IN me, for I believe them and live by them.

John 5:38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.

John 8:37 “I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

I asked you questions because I totally don't understand your original question, which was “If he is not also a Spirit being then how can he live inside of you?.”

I don't get the reasoning of why it would be that Jesus would have to be a Spirit being, to have to be able to be inside me?

DEFINE Spirit Being? and tell me WHY you think Jesus would HAVE to be such to be able to be in me? Please!

Elizabeth
    Participant

Irene,

kerwin Jesus was the Word of God, before He became a man. He is the firstborn of all creation. He emptied Himself and then He became flesh. He never was flesh in Heaven where He came from. All Scriptures given already. So you believe that flesh went into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father? No. He was the firstborn of all, Angelic Beings and Humans. I have never denied the resurrection of Jesus, where in the world did you get that from….What I do say is that the flesh body did not go to Heaven after His resurrection. How come that the Apostles and Maria Magdalene did not recognize Jesus? To show Thomas that it was Jesus He had to materialize. So Thomas could see it was Jesus. Flesh and Blood cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven. And neither will any of us. You, Gene and Jodi should really study these Scriptures that t8 and I have given you all. But no, how….Prove all things and I have. Jesus never was just a mere man IMO God had to send someone like Jesus to give all the opportunity to be saved. By Faith in Christ it is a free gift from God. Scripture Ephesians 2:6-10

Peace and Love Irene

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 03 2010,17:12)

WJ,

Jodi

Why do you answer a question with a question? Why can you not once in your life reply to a scripture without a 1000 words and scriptures that hardly relate?

So by your conclusion it looks like you do not believe Pauls words that Jesus was in him and in us.

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, “HOW THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU“, except ye be reprobates? 2 Cor 13:5

How about this…

Know ye not that “ye are the temple of God“, and that “the Spirit of God dwelleth in you“? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, “which temple ye are“. 1 Cor 3:16, 17

Do you not believe that God dwells in the Temple? If not then how is our bodys his Temple?

What purpose is our bodys being called the Temple of God if he does not dwell in them?

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and “we will come to him and make our home with him“. John 14:23

Do you not believe his words here or will you somehow explain away that it is not litteral but they live in us by a promise or something like that?

Blessings WJ

WJ,

Everyone on this forum often asks questions back along side their response, I didn't realize this was a problem for you.

I asked you three questions and I used four sentences in my response to the numerous scriptures I gave.

SHOW ME how what I said in my last post goes against the scriptures you have given?

God is in me and I in Him. Jesus is in me and I am in him. The words that Jesus spoke were the words of his Father, those words are said to be SPIRIT and LIFE, those words are IN me, for I believe them and live by them.

John 5:38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.

John 8:37 “I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

I asked you questions because I totally don't understand your original question, which was “If he is not also a Spirit being then how can he live inside of you?.”

I don't get the reasoning of why it would be that Jesus would have to be a Spirit being, to have to be able to be inside me?

DEFINE Spirit Being? and tell me WHY you think Jesus would HAVE to be such to be able to be in me? Please!

Jodi

These are simple yes or no questions!

Is Jesus inside of you or not? 2 Cor 13:5

Is your body the Temple of God? 1 Cor 3:16, 17

If so then does God live in your Body as a Spirit being?

Now how do you explain this scripture?

This scripture clearly shows that the Father and Jesus makes their home in us!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 04 2010,03:28)

peace and love………………gene

Gene,

We have your number now.

thinker

Thinker …..> please show where what i posted there makes the Father lesser then Jesus. Thinker you are so intent on discrediting me you cant even understand what i have written. I have never said GOD the FATHER is Less then Jesus, I have alway Said there is no Greater the GOD the FATHER, He is (ABOVE ) (ALL)

Thinker………try this before committing on what someone says try to think about what the complete context of what is written, instead of trying desperately to try to find some way to twist up what is said,  calm-down and think about what is written  OK.

Gene,

You always play like you didn't say it. I said that Jesus reveals the Father which is the greatest gift. You said that eternal life is the greatest gift. Then WJ and I both showed you that eternal life is knowing the Father. So when Jesus reveals the Father He gives the greatest gift. He gives eternal life too.

But you would rather reduce the Father to lesser importance because you don't want to admit that Jesus gives the greatest gift.

thinker

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Psalms 2:7 “I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

and the WORDS of the Father became FLESH!!

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 03 2010,23:26)

Irene,

KW

you most before all things have the love for God in your heart,
    or there will be no resurrection fore you,

flesh means nothing,God and Christ means everything.

I am not going to certain of what you declare with such confidence as it may be both the wicked and righteous are resurrected on judgment day though the wicked will be destroyed once more by being thrown into hell.

Matthew 10:28(KJV) reads:

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

kerwin
    Participant

Irene wrote:

I have never denied the resurrection of Jesus, where in the world did you get that from.…

I admit that Satan is devious in his deception but in denying that Jesus was resurrected in the flesh you are denying he was resurrected at all for the difference between a living human being and that same human being as a living ghost is the flesh.  A living ghost is a dead person.

Life is in the blood even as it is written:

Leviticus 17:11(NIV) reads:

For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Irene wrote:

Flesh and Blood cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

And yet we are told in scripture that flesh and blood might have entered the third heaven by the very same teacher that made the statement you quote in part.  The rest of the scripture states “nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.:”

Irene wrote:

2 Corinthians 12:2(NIV) reads:

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.

We also know that the Garden of Eden is in the third heaven which means that the flesh and blood creatures that dwell in it are also there, as it the tree of life.

Paul is correct that the perishable flesh and blood does not  inherit the kingdom of heaven.  It is imperishable flesh and blood that inherits it and that is why the quick and the dead are transformed in a blink of an eye.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Mar. 04 2010,09:36)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 04 2010,03:28)

peace and love………………gene

Gene,

We have your number now.

thinker

Thinker………try this before committing on what someone says try to think about what the complete context of what is written, instead of trying desperately to try to find some way to twist up what is said,  calm-down and think about what is written  OK.

Gene,

You always play like you didn't say it. I said that Jesus reveals the Father which is the greatest gift. You said that eternal life is the greatest gift. Then WJ and I both showed you that eternal life is knowing the Father. So when Jesus reveals the Father He gives the greatest gift. He gives eternal life too.

But you would rather reduce the Father to lesser importance because you don't want to admit that Jesus gives the greatest gift.

thinker

Thinker ……..See that is what you and WJ both do you not only force the bible texts to try to make it say what in fact it does not say, but you carry that trait in you over to even what I and Other say. Trying to make a Case by twisting what we are saying. I have never (SAID) NOT IMPLIED That GOD the FATHER is LESS than Jesus , Just the other way around Jesus is Less than the Father He even Said He wasn't I could quote that for you but you would continue to even twist What Jesus said to meet You TRINITARIAN dogmas.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 04 2010,09:28)

WJ

WJ……….I big thing you left off on your quote and that is where Jesus His teachings were not (HIS). But from the FATHER, seems you have a dilemma to sort out.

If you understood that GOD (IS) Spirit and He was IN Jesus and Is in all who Have HIS Spirit , it might help solve your dilemma you find yourself in. Jesus has a Body He is not (a SPIRIT) Being. ONLY GOD the FATHER IS a SPIRIT BEING. And He can be in (ALL) and Trough (ALL) no one else can, He was (IN) Jesus as Jesus PLAINLY Said. When are you going to accept what is written as written, instead of changing it to meet you TRINITARIAN TEACHINGS, Why keep forcing the text to make it say what in fact it does not say?

peace and love……………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 04 2010,09:28)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 03 2010,17:12)

WJ,

Jodi

How about this…

Blessings WJ

WJ,

Jodi

These are simple yes or no questions!

Is Jesus inside of you or not? 2 Cor 13:5

Is your body the Temple of God? 1 Cor 3:16, 17

If so then does God live in your Body as a Spirit being?

Now how do you explain this scripture?

WJ

WJ

is this verse to be taken literaly or in a alegory way ?or both?

If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and “we will come to him and make our home with him“.[/color] John 14:23

Viewing 20 posts - 6,581 through 6,600 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account