Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 6,561 through 6,580 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    Participant

Jodi! Do you know what glory Christ has today. He is seated at the right hand of the father, right? The Father is Spirit, and to be with the Father you have to be Spirit also right? Then in
    John 17:5 Jesus says this:” And now O Father glorify Me together with Yourself with the glory I had with you before the world was.” He was a Spirit being then and is now.
    Rev.3:14 and Col. 1:15-17 tells us that He was the firstborn of ALL creation. Is that good enough for you, I doubt it.
    John 6:38 I have come down from Heaven, not to do My own will, but the will who send Me.” Who send Jesus and who's will does He want to do. And where did He send Him from, Heaven. It was the Fathers will Jesus was doing.
    John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham I am.” Not that He is the great I Am, but that He was before Abraham was born He was. And read the rest of the story.
    John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Jodi these Scriptures are not hard to understand if, if I mean if you have an open mind. IMO if you don't understand such easy Scriptures, I question even if God has given you His Holy Spirit so you can understand. Without God you cant. I do not want to offend you, however I just can't see what else these Scriptures could mean. And if you say they mean something else, and not what they say, then you are interpreting those Scriptures…..

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 03 2010,05:05)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 03 2010,02:42)
    huh?

terraricca, I don't get you?

What on earth are you here for?

If I am in error PROVE it through scripture. Stop with your lame posts that focus on ME. If you are here to defend the word of God, then give it.

DEFINE the GLORY of Christ using scripture.

Scripture shows us directly that the glory Jesus received was the glory spoken to David that someone of his seed would be a son unto YHWH and would be made into an Eternal King. Jesus was the man of David's seed who's FLESH DID NOT SEE CORRUPTION, and Jesus fulfilled the PROMISE that was in the beginning with the Father.IN the WORDS of the Father, before time began, the Father declared Eternal Life unto man, and Jesus is the first of many brethren that received that GLORY that was IN the BEGINNING with the Father.

terraricca, stop mumbling and show specifically where I am in error and back it up with scripture.

Jodi……….He can't because there are not scriptures that dispute what you have posted , I Believe He is Here for Only One purpose and that is to disrupt the furtherance of the Truth of GOD.

What you have posted is the Truth and whosoever has ears to hear will and those who don't simply can't understand it anyway.

He has done nothing but accuse people every sense He has been Here, because the ignorance in Him does not comprehend what is being said. IMO

Peace and love to you and your Sis………………gene

Gene And why are you here? Certainly not to learn from others. I don't know what nationality terraricca is, but you go into another country and try to learn their language. Believe me I was there, and it is not easy. So how about having a little compassion on that person. Also I think what She is saying that you and Jodi interpret the Scriptures and do not go by the way they are written, and with that I agree.
    Irene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Mar. 03 2010,05:14)
    Jodi!  Do you know what glory Christ has today.  He is seated at the right hand of the father, right?  The Father is Spirit, and to be with the Father you have to be Spirit also right?   Then in
    John 17:5 Jesus says this:” And now O Father glorify Me together with Yourself with the glory I had with you before the world was.”   He was a Spirit being then and is now.  
    Rev.3:14 and Col. 1:15-17 tells us that He was the firstborn of ALL creation.  Is that good enough for you, I doubt it.
    John 6:38 I have come down from Heaven, not to do My own will, but the will who send Me.”  Who send Jesus and who's will does He want to do.  And where did He send Him from, Heaven.  It was the Fathers will Jesus was doing.  
    John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham I am.”   Not that He is the great I Am, but that He was before Abraham was born He was.  And read the rest of the story.
    John 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Jodi these Scriptures are not hard to understand if, if I mean if you have an open mind.  IMO if you don't understand such easy Scriptures, I question even if God has given you His Holy Spirit so you can understand.  Without God you cant.  I do not want to offend you, however I just can't see what else these Scriptures could mean. And if you say they mean something else, and not what they say, then you are interpreting those Scriptures…..

Irene are you saying that the glory of Jesus is that he is a Spirit Being?

What does that mean?

Do you believe that Jesus has a BODY?

Irene the scriptures you keep repeating you DEFINE from your OWN MIND, you NEVER use other scripture to back up your understanding. I have DEFINED the scriptures you have given through an ABUNDANCE of OTHER scriptures. You ignore those scriptures, and IMO understand the ones you give under a totally carnal view.

Scripture tells us that the FLESH of Jesus did not see corruption, that his flesh was made incorruptible.

Do you just not believe these scriptures? Jesus showed his disciples that he was flesh and bones and he preceded to eat and drink with them. They then saw him rise up and go into the heavens. NO scripture speaks of Jesus changing once again into some “Spirit Being.”

Scripture still declares that Jesus is the offspring of David and that he is the Son of Man.

Do you just not believe these scriptures?

Scripture does not state that eternal life to man means man will be changed into some other spirit creature, it tells us that man will be changed from a corruptible body to an incorruptible body.

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 02 2010,14:10)

They then saw him rise up and go into the heavens. NO scripture speaks of Jesus changing once again into some “Spirit Being.”

Jodi

If he is not also a Spirit being then how can he live inside of you?

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, “HOW THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU“, except ye be reprobates? 2 Cor 13:5

How are you going to explain this one away?

Blessings WJ

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Hebrews 10:12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

1 Peter 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us–baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,  22  who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32  This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.  33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.  

CLEAR AS DAY IRENE, the person who sits at the right hand of God is made of FLESH. It was not by the flesh however that Jesus sits at the right hand of God it is because of the Spirit of God that was placed in the flesh!!

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

We cannot find within ourselves, within our flesh and blood bodies, a means to make us righteous and receive immortality. The Spirit of God must be worked in us renewing our minds making them not of a natural mind of men but of a spiritual mind of God.  

1 Corinthians 15:41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.  42  So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.  43  It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.  44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.  45  And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”  The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.  46  However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.  47  The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord  from heaven.  48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.  49  And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear  the image of the heavenly Man.  50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

Matthew 16:17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

How would flesh and blood reveal anything? Flesh and blood represents the man thinking through a natural mind. 1 Corinthians 15:50 has nothing to do with what type of bodies we will have in the resurrection, or rather what type of bodies we cannot have. We were just specifically told what type of bodies we would inherit, incorruptible bodies, and Jesus Christ was RAISED as was promised without his flesh not seeing corruption. Jesus we are directly told was raised with flesh and bones. 1 Corinthians 15:50 is telling us what Paul had already explained before in the following-

1 Corinthians 2:10  but to us did God reveal them through His Spirit, for the Spirit all things doth search, even the depths of God,  11 for who of men hath known the things of the man, except the spirit of the man that is in him? so also the things of God no one hath known, except the Spirit of God.  12 And we the spirit of the world did not receive, but the Spirit that is of God, that we may know the things conferred by God on us,  13 which things also we speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Holy Spirit, with spiritual things spiritual things comparing,  14 and the natural man doth not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for to him they are foolishness, and he is not able to know them, because spiritually they are discerned;

Romans 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.  6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.  7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.  8  So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.  9  But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

The Natural Man, the man of carnal mind, the man who thinks according to flesh and blood, CANNOT INHERIT the Kingdom of God, it is the Spirit that gives life, the flesh profits us nothing. We must be born of the Spirit and be renewed in our minds.

To not be IN the flesh represents that you are not thinking in the flesh, but you are thinking according to the Spirit of God because the Spirit of God is in your flesh causing you to not think with a fleshly mind.

No matter what we will always be created creatures given a body as God desires. But we cannot think like a created creature and inherit eternal life, we must become like minded with God and think with a righteous heart full of God's wisdom and truth.

Ephesians 4:20  But you have not so learned Christ,  21  if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:  22  that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,  23  and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,  24  and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 02 2010,14:31)

44 It is sown a natural body, “it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and “there is a spiritual body“.

Jodi

Did you purposly overlook that part? Jesus body which did not see corruption is now a Glorified Spiritual Body which cannot die any longer!

Who shall change our vile body“, that it may be fashioned “like unto his glorious body“, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. Phil 3:1

Corruptible mortal flesh shall not inherit the Kingdom of God! 1 Cor 15:50

You are teaching half truths because Jesus is not sitting at the Fathers right hand with a mortal flesh body but a Glorified Spiritual body!

Blessings WJ

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 03 2010,06:53)

44 It is sown a natural body, “it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and “there is a spiritual body“.

Jodi

Did you purposly overlook that part? Jesus body which did not see corruption is now a Glorified Spiritual Body which cannot die any longer!

Who shall change our vile body“, that it may be fashioned “like unto his glorious body“, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. Phil 3:1

You are teaching half truths because Jesus is not sitting at the Fathers right hand with a mortal flesh body but a Glorified Spiritual body!

Blessings WJ

Read what I said again WJ,

I didn't say mortal body? I have always clearly stated that Jesus has an immortal body!!

I didn't purposely overlook a part that I highlighted!

I understand that the flesh of Jesus did not see corruption. God can make flesh not deteriorate and die, but be full of His Spirit of life.

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32  This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.  33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

The glorious body is a body of flesh that cannot die but is immortal. Jesus rose from the dead with FLESH and BONES did he not?

terraricca
    Participant

huh?

If I am in error PROVE it through scripture. Stop with your lame posts that focus on ME. If you are here to defend the word of God, then give it.

Scripture shows us directly that the glory Jesus received was the glory spoken to David that someone of his seed would be a son unto YHWH and would be made into an Eternal King. Jesus was the man of David's seed who's FLESH DID NOT SEE CORRUPTION, and Jesus fulfilled the PROMISE that was in the beginning with the Father.IN the WORDS of the Father, before time began, the Father declared Eternal Life unto man, and Jesus is the first of many brethren that received that GLORY that was IN the BEGINNING with the Father.

terraricca, stop mumbling and show specifically where I am in error and back it up with scripture.

Jodi……….He can't because there are not scriptures that dispute what you have posted , I Believe He is Here for Only One purpose and that is to disrupt the furtherance of the Truth of GOD.

What you have posted is the Truth and whosoever has ears to hear will and those who don't simply can't understand it anyway.

He has done nothing but accuse people every sense He has been Here, because the ignorance in Him does not comprehend what is being said. IMO

gene and Jodi

all what you have been doing is setting up your views of what you believe ,breaking the scriptures over and over again,i try to show you what was wrong in your believe and faith ,but you return to me and others with saying that you are right,
    since i can not show you the scriptures the way they are ,
    i show you that what you believe is only in your mind not in scriptures,

my intention is not to destroy but to open your eyes,if it is possible.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 03 2010,07:15)

huh?

gene and Jodi

all what you have been doing is setting up your views of what you believe ,breaking the scriptures over and over again,i try to show you what was wrong in your believe and faith ,but you return to me and others with saying that you are right,
    since i can not show you the scriptures the way they are ,
    i show you that what you believe is only in your mind not in scriptures,

my intention is not to destroy but to open your eyes,if it is possible.

What exactly have you SHOWN me?

Setting up my OWN views?

Give me an example of a view that I have and show me through scripture how it is in error?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 03 2010,06:20)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 02 2010,14:10)

They then saw him rise up and go into the heavens. NO scripture speaks of Jesus changing once again into some “Spirit Being.”

Jodi

If he is not also a Spirit being then how can he live inside of you?

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, “HOW THAT JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU“, except ye be reprobates? 2 Cor 13:5

How are you going to explain this one away?

Blessings WJ

WJ,

Could you explain how it is you believe Jesus can be IN a person?

How does your understanding fit with,

John 14:19  “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.  20  At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

2 Corinthians 2:20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.  21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22  who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,  6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.  7  For he who has died has been freed from sin.  8  Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,  9  knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.  10  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.  11  Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What do these scriptures MEAN to you WJ?

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.  3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,  4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.  5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.  6  For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.  7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.  8  So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.  9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.  10  And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.  11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. 12  Therefore, brethren, we are debtors–not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.  13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.  14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.  15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”  16  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,  17 and if children, then heirs–heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

2 Corinthians 13:4 For though He was crucified in weakness, yet He lives by the power of God. For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you.  5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?–unless indeed you are disqualified.  6  But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.

2 Corinthians 3:4  And we have such trust through Christ toward God.  5  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,  6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Old Covenant, the Letter, killed. The Old Covenant proved that the flesh profits nothing, it is the Spirit that gives Life, thus the New Covenant we see lives IN Jesus Christ, for he is proof that the Spirit does in fact bring life unto man.

1 Corinthians 15:49  And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

The anointed man….the perfected man…. the heavenly man, dwells in me for it is the Father's promise that I too receive the glory Jesus has received. Jesus is IN me because I am a JOINT HEIR WITH HIM in the gifts of the Father's Spirit. Jesus is IN me because I will be as he is!!

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 02 2010,15:10)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 03 2010,06:53)

Jodi

Blessings WJ

Read what I said again WJ,

I didn't say mortal body? I have always clearly stated that Jesus has an immortal body!!

I didn't purposely overlook a part that I highlighted!

I understand that the flesh of Jesus did not see corruption. God can make flesh not deteriorate and die, but be full of His Spirit of life.

The glorious body is a body of flesh that cannot die but is immortal. Jesus rose from the dead with FLESH and BONES did he not?

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 02 2010,15:10)

Jodi

Okay! Then what part of Jesus “HAS” an Immortal body?

You seem to imply that Jesus is nothing but flesh!

But you do see that his body is a Spiritual body now don't you?

Blessings WJ

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 02 2010,17:48)
    WJ,

Could you explain how it is you believe Jesus can be IN a person?

Jodi

Why do you answer a question with a question? Why can you not once in your life reply to a scripture without a 1000 words and scriptures that hardly relate?

Is the Father in Jesus, is Jesus in the Father?

So by your conclusion it looks like you do not believe Pauls words that Jesus was in him and in us.

Do you believe this scripture…

How about this…

Know ye not that “ye are the temple of God“, and that “the Spirit of God dwelleth in you“? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, “which temple ye are“. 1 Cor 3:16, 17

Do you not believe that God dwells in the Temple? If not then how is our bodys his Temple?

What purpose is our bodys being called the Temple of God if he does not dwell in them?

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and “we will come to him and make our home with him“. John 14:23

Do you not believe his words here or will you somehow explain away that it is not litteral but they live in us by a promise or something like that?

Blessings WJ

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 03 2010,06:10)

Jodi!  Do you know what glory Christ has today.  He is seated at the right hand of the father, right?  The Father is Spirit, and to be with the Father you have to be Spirit also right?   Then in
    John 17:5 Jesus says this:” And now O Father glorify Me together with Yourself with the glory I had with you before the world was.”   He was a Spirit being then and is now.  
    Rev.3:14 and Col. 1:15-17 tells us that He was the firstborn of ALL creation.  Is that good enough for you, I doubt it.
    John 6:38 I have come down from Heaven, not to do My own will, but the will who send Me.”  Who send Jesus and who's will does He want to do.  And where did He send Him from, Heaven.  It was the Fathers will Jesus was doing.  
    John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham I am.”   Not that He is the great I Am, but that He was before Abraham was born He was.  And read the rest of the story.

Jodi these Scriptures are not hard to understand if, if I mean if you have an open mind.  IMO if you don't understand such easy Scriptures, I question even if God has given you His Holy Spirit so you can understand.  Without God you cant.  I do not want to offend you, however I just can't see what else these Scriptures could mean. And if you say they mean something else, and not what they say, then you are interpreting those Scriptures…..

What does that mean?

Irene the scriptures you keep repeating you DEFINE from your OWN MIND, you NEVER use other scripture to back up your understanding. I have DEFINED the scriptures you have given through an ABUNDANCE of OTHER scriptures. You ignore those scriptures, and IMO understand the ones you give under a totally carnal view.

Scripture tells us that the FLESH of Jesus did not see corruption, that his flesh was made incorruptible.

Do you just not believe these scriptures? Jesus showed his disciples that he was flesh and bones and he preceded to eat and drink with them. They then saw him rise up and go into the heavens. NO scripture speaks of Jesus changing once again into some “Spirit Being.”

Scripture still declares that Jesus is the offspring of David and that he is the Son of Man.

Scripture does not state that eternal life to man means man will be changed into some other spirit creature, it tells us that man will be changed from a corruptible body to an incorruptible body.

Jodi! Now I do know that the Spirit of God is not with you, when you have to ask me if Jesus is Spirit now!!!!! That is what He is now, He became flesh John 1:14 and then He became what He was before, Spirit. John 17:5
    If you can't understand such simple thing, how can you understand anything else. But I really can't expect anything else from you or Gene for that matter. Neither one of you don't believe in Satan being a Devil and a Spirit. A fallen Angel it says. Good luck in the future and learn from others. I did and I am glad I did. When you deny Scriptures, God cannot give you more of His understand of those Scriptures. It is sad and as simple as that…..
    Peace to you and yours, you need it, Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ………..Jesus is (NOT) a SPIRIT BEING, He has a BODY as Angles His soul did not see corruption (soul = a body +spirit)The only a (SOUL) can be destroyed is (IN) the GRAVE or DEATH of the BODY. And if left that way they simply will parish and never exist. What you are failing to understand is that the Spirit of GOD was Speaking (through) Jesus But Jesus was never a spirit being (meaning without a body) Not when he was alive nor Now. The only spirit (Being) is GOD HIMSELF, and He can co-habit the bodies he gives us, no other, IMO.

Jodi is very accurate and has posted Many, many scriptures to back up her point of view. You and teraricca and Irene, have produce no scripture that shows what she is saying is wrong. IMO

peace and love………………gene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Mar. 03 2010,12:18)

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Mar. 03 2010,06:10)

What does that mean?

Jodi!  Now I do know that the Spirit of God is not with you, when you have to ask me if Jesus is Spirit now!!!!!  That is what He is now, He became flesh John 1:14 and then He became what He was before, Spirit.  John 17:5
    If you can't understand such simple thing, how can you understand anything else.  But I really can't expect anything else from you or Gene for that matter.  Neither one of you don't believe in Satan being a Devil and a Spirit.  A fallen Angel it says.  Good luck in the future and learn from others.  I did and I am glad I did.  When you deny Scriptures, God cannot give you more of His understand of those Scriptures.  It is sad and as simple as that…..
    Peace to you and yours, you need it, Irene

John 17:5  And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Sorry Irene, this scripture does not state that Jesus is no longer a man, that he is some other sort of spirit creature. You are putting your OWN idea into it.

Why do you DENY this scripture IRENE?

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.32  This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.  33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

Jesus was a man who received eternal life in his flesh. His Spiritual body is a body of flesh and bones that cannot die, it is incorruptible for God's Spirit dwells in it. Jesus RECEIVED the PROMISE.

Acts 13:23  From this man's seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior–Jesus–

Irene why do you deny God's promise and His fulfillment of that promise?

Did God not promise that out of David's FLESH God would raise up a savior…an Eternal human King?

The glory of Jesus is NEVER shown in scripture to be Jesus being raised with incorruptible flesh and then sometime after that turning into some other sort of spirit creature. The glory Jesus RECEIVED was the promise of which God MADE BEFORE TIME BEGAN, which was not to turn human beings into other creatures, but make human beings immortal.

Irene, show me one scripture that shows Jesus changed into something else after he received the PROMISE of incorruptible flesh!!

Irene, do you believe that the Son of Man is returning?

Irene, do you believe that Jesus is still the offspring of David?

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 02 2010,20:57)
    The only spirit (Being) is  GOD HIMSELF, and He can co-habit the bodies he gives us, no other, IMO.

Gene

Is there a scripture that says God is the “only spirit being”?

So you do not believe that Jesus dwells in your body which is the Temple of God, or the Body of Christ?

Does Jesus dwell in his Body, the Body of Christ his people or not?

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 03 2010,13:35)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 02 2010,20:57)
    The only spirit (Being) is  GOD HIMSELF, and He can co-habit the bodies he gives us, no other, IMO.

Gene

Is there a scripture that says God is the “only spirit being”?

So you do not believe that Jesus dwells in your body which is the Temple of God, or the Body of Christ?

Does Jesus dwell in his Body, the Body of Christ his people or not?

WJ

hi gene and WJ

gene says that god co-habit in us, it is the same with Christ,

i would like to know this is posible,unless you are quoting the scriptures word for word not really understand it???

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    This is the paradox of our N.T that Jesus is portrayed more than a mere man and he shares honour with God. This is the concept which is foreign to Jewish religion. Hope you will realise this dilemma on Jesus' nature.

Love and peace to you
    Adam

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ Mar. 03 2010,11:01)
    Hi brother Gene,
    This is the paradox of our N.T that Jesus is portrayed more than a mere man and he shares honour with God. This is the concept which is foreign to Jewish religion. Hope you will realise this dilemma on Jesus' nature.

Love and peace to you
    Adam

It depends on whether or not you properly understand what the New Testiment is teaching.

Of course the modern Jews may not believe what God states as they fail to believe with other things.

Quote (gollamudi @ Mar. 03 2010,00:01)
    Hi brother Gene,

Love and peace to you
    Adam

GM

It was not at all foreign to the 12 Apostles including Paul.

They were all Jews and Paul was a Hebrew of the Hebrews trained by the best of Judaism in his day!

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 6,561 through 6,580 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account