Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 6,481 through 6,500 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Jodi

Seems like I agree with you up until the “and wen time came to go back to his father victorious of is offering ,he took back his position what was rightfully his the WORD at the right hand of God.”

When Jesus was on earth did he remember his previous life in immortality?

When you say Jesus went back, what was he when he went back to the Father? No longer a man?

When you say “victorious of his offering” are you speaking of the offering of a pre-existant creature coming down to be a human and die?…..or are you speaking of a man offering himself for his brethren?

Why does scripture say that Jesus Christ was SENT, with no mention that it was actually an immortal creature who was sent to become Jesus Christ?

If Jesus was a normal man who grew up normally, what part of him then do you consider to be the pre-existent spirit that previously sat at the right hand of God?

Thanks, Jodi

Jodi
    God is spirit so is Christ ,now what part you think was going to the right side of his father?his spirit

the scriptures ;2Ti 1:10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

the scriptures are saying that wen men dies is body turn to dust and the spirit return to God who has given it ,

so wen Christ died his body was dead but no were it says that the spirit dies,it just return to God who has given it.

and that why Christ turn to his father and also says all as been accomplished.
    somewhere it says in the scriptures that Christ pray to his father to give him back the place were he was before.

terraricca
    Participant

WJ

you start to take the words out of my mounth

thanks

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2010,15:32)
    WJ

you start to take the words out of my mounth

thanks

T

Welcome!

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 21 2010,06:45)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 20 2010,14:29)
    WJ……….God is the FATHER of All of US, Pray this way “OUR FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN.”…….>. What part of that don't you understand.

Gene

Really! Then why did Jesus say the Devil was their Father!

How can God be the Father of someone who is not his son?

Where is the scripture for this? What does children of the “Wicked One” mean? Matt 13:38

WJ

WJ………So you again disagree with Jesus telling us to pray to (OUR FATHER) Who is in Heaven, Heres another for you to distort, “IF YOU (BEING EVIL) (existing in an evil state) know how to give good gifts to your childern, How much more will (YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER) GIVE THEM THE GIFT OF THE SPIRIT THAT ASK”. WJ what you are forgetting is that GOD the FATHER said (HE) CREATED the world and (EVERYTHING IN IT) So He is indeed the FATHER of all the earth and everything in it, including your SATAN, Is he not also called a SON OF GOD. READ JOB. When are you people going to stop distorting the truth to fit you false dogmas.IMO

terraricca
    Participant

gene

WJ do not disagree with you he just point out you only have said half truths,and then twist the scriptures in you own view,and then go and hide behind the words of Christ,in saying;When are you people going to stop distorting the truth to fit you false dogmas.IMO

you are just made you above all ,no scriptures just bids and pieces and your big interpretation.

AND WE ARE THE DISTORTED ONES? THINK AGAIN GENE LOOK IN THE MIRROR ARE YOU GOD???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terraricca………WJ , like you, quote (ONE) scripture and try to make it say what in fact it does not say> I have posted counter scriptures to what He said, Why doesn't He answer it, because he can't properly and then you come along and try to, and say I am hiding behind Christ, Did He not say if the word i am telling abide in you, Then we are the childern of GOD. I twisted none of what i Posted it is you that accuse people and try to twist their words. If i am wrong post the scriptures to prove it not just mouth off with accusations following what is influencing your so-called “FREE” WILL mind. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

gene

you hardly quote scriptures because they do not meet your requirment ,so you use only and frequently portion of scriptures to mean your ideas,

look at your quote just above this one no scriptures this is typical from you.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 20 2010,05:07)
    Jodi

how was Jesus anointed by the spirit of God and what is the spirit of God in the case of the anointing of Jesus into the messiah ????

Jesus was anointed at the river Jordon.

Luke 3: 21  When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened.  22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”  23 Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli,

Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,  To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;

Acts 10:37  That word, I say, ye know , which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached ;  38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good , and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.  39  And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:   40  Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly  ;  41  Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

2 Timothy 1:6  Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.  7  For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,  9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,  10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.  14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16  Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Acts 2:22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know–  23  Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken  by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death;  24  whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.  21  For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 5:18 Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.  19  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous. 20  Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,  21 so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,   31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32  This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.  33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.  34  For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,  35  Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” '   36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

The Messiah was known to be the man that would come and establish God's Eternal Kingdom. Jesus was the only man who remained without sin due to the measure of God’s Spirit that was given to him, which is ultimately what created him to be the Messiah.  Because Jesus was born into Adam’s punishment as the rest of us, he had a body that would die. However, because he lived a life without sin, God could not hold him to this punishment and therefore raised him from the dead.  In the death of Jesus came the death of the enmity that existed between man and God, that enmity was the carnal mind. God’s Spirit working in Jesus caused Jesus to be of a new mind, the mind that follows perfecting God’s Will. The life of Jesus represented the man that through God’s Spirit could be a perfect man. Jesus gives us justification, for God can do the same for us, and scripture speaks clear of this in Ezekiel,

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Do we not have proof that the above is true through our belief in Jesus Christ? Was Jesus not the man who walked perfectly in God's statutes through having God's Spirit put in him? God forgives our sins because Christ gives us justification (for Jesus is proof of what God can accomplish in man), and God purifies us from no longer being able to sin in the day He gives us that which was given to Jesus and what is spoken of in Ezekiel.  Jesus Christ sits in heaven in full unity with the Father, meaning he has no carnal mind or corruptible body that wants to draw him away with sinful temptation.  Jesus sits in heaven being of perfect mind and perfect body listening and learning being prepared by God for the day he comes down to be King over God’s Eternal Kingdom.

terraricca
    Participant

Jodi

your scriptures can not be denied ,but as for you comment it does not reflect the scriptures.

sorry Jodi this is false teachings
    your comment below;
    Do we not have proof that the above is true through our belief in Jesus Christ? Was Jesus not the man who walked perfectly in God's statutes through having God's Spirit put in him? God forgives our sins because Christ gives us justification (for Jesus is proof of what God can accomplish in man), and God purifies us from no longer being able to sin in the day He gives us that which was given to Jesus and what is spoken of in Ezekiel. Jesus Christ sits in heaven in full unity with the Father, meaning he has no carnal mind or corruptible body that wants to draw him away with sinful temptation. Jesus sits in heaven being of perfect mind and perfect body listening and learning being prepared by God for the day he comes down to be King over God’s Eternal Kingdom.

————–
    If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
    Rene Descartes
    ——————————————————————————–

Report this post to a moderator

Jodi Lee
    Participant

NO scripture speaks of Jesus going back to being some sort of creature he was before he was Jesus Christ.

Jesus IS STILL Jesus Christ!!

The PERSON who sits at the right hand of God IS Jesus Christ the MAN who's flesh did not see corruption. The PERSON who sits at God's right hand is a human being with incorruptible flesh. The PERSON who sits at God's right hand is NOT a one of a kind creature who was human for awhile, but IS the firstborn of MANY brethren.

The Son of Man is coming down to build God's Eternal Kingdom. The Son of Man is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who we are clearly told is STILL a MAN, and is STILL of the seed of David.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Acts 7:56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Revelation 22:16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Acts 17:31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne,   31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32  This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.  33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

Romans 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear  the image of the heavenly Man.

Ephesians 4:13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

A MAN was ordained to be a savior not some immortal creature was ordained to become a human being and then become a savior.

A MAN received THE PROMISE that existed in the beginning, the Holy Spirit that gives eternal life.

Jesus Christ was raised an immortal human. No scripture states that Jesus Christ was raised going back to something he was before.

The glory we are specifically told that was in the beginning with God that existed in His WORDS was eternal life to human beings. Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of these WORDS.

Acts 13:22 And when He had removed him, He raised up for them David as king, to whom also He gave testimony and said, 'I have found David  the son of Jesse, a man after My own heart, who will do all My will.'   23  From this man's seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior–Jesus–  24  after John had first preached, before His coming, the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. 25 And as John was finishing his course, he said, 'Who do you think I am? I am not He. But behold, there comes One after me, the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to loose.'  26 Men and brethren, sons of the family of Abraham, and those among you who fear God, to you the word of this salvation has been sent.

In the beginning there existed no creature that would become Jesus Christ. In the beginning existed the word of salvation. This word of salvation was told unto David about a man of his seed that would be a savior. Jesus Christ was SENT, for Jesus Christ was the WORD that existed in the beginning in a form of a PROMISE, as scripture DIRECTLY TELLS US.

To see or hear the word Jesus Christ and then think of him as some immortal creature that existed before heaven and earth was created, and to then think of this creature  as temporarily becoming a man, is PURE ANTI CHRIST DOCTRINE.

When we see the word, or hear the word Jesus Christ we should think of the PROMISE that was in the beginning with God, and then we should think about how God fulfilled this promise in the MAN who He resurrected from the dead, Jesus Christ.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

The Son of God who sits at God's right hand IS (not was) the PERFECT MAN, Jesus Christ!!

Matthew 26:64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Mark 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Spirit: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your

David was not speaking of some pre-existing immortal creature, but the man that would come and be of his seed, whom God promised that his flesh would not see corruption.

Mark 14:62 Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

Mark 16:19  So then, after theLord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.  33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.   For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand,  35  Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” '   36“Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Acts 5:30  The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree.  31  Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

Romans 8:34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Ephesians 1:19  and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power  20  which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,

Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Hebrews 10:12 But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

1 Peter 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us–baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,  22  who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

1 Corinthians 15:14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.  15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up–if in fact the dead do not rise.  16  For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen.  17  And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!  18  Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.  19  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.  20  But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

…..42  So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.  43  It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.  44  It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.  

Acts 2:31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

Luke 24:39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

The person who sits at God's right hand is a MAN of incorruptible flesh and bones. Scripture directly tells us that it is a MAN that sits at God's right hand. Jesus Christ received the position of sitting at God's right hand,  NOT BECAUSE he went back to being some other creature that had such a position before, but because of WHO he was MADE into by God, the first Perfect Man. This man was with God in the beginning in God's Word as a promise of someone to come. The person made unto us as a Master and Christ, Jesus the Immortal MAN, sits at the Father's right hand.

terraricca
    Participant

Jodi

i am right your comments do not fit the scriptures;To see or hear the word Jesus Christ and then think of him as some immortal creature that existed before heaven and earth was created, and to then think of this creature as temporarily becoming a man, is PURE ANTI CHRIST DOCTRINE

The person who sits at God's right hand is a MAN of incorruptible flesh and bones. Scripture directly tells us that it is a MAN that sits at God's right hand. Jesus Christ received the position of sitting at God's right hand, NOT BECAUSE he went back to being some other creature that had such a position before, but because of WHO he was MADE into by God, the first Perfect Man. This man was with God in the beginning in God's Word as a promise of someone to come. The person made unto us as a Master and Christ, Jesus the Immortal MAN, sits at the Father's right hand.

anyone can see who you represent by your comments .

Jodi Lee
    Participant

So just by you saying so terraricca, makes it so?

Why don't you explain directly how the scriptures I posted do not fit with what I have said, and show directly how they fit with what you believe?

I say the Son of Man sits at God's right hand, that is DIRECT SCRIPTURE

I say that a MAN sits at the right hand of God, that is DIRECT SCRIPTURE.

I say that Jesus was resurrected with incorruptible flesh, that is DIRECT SCRIPTURE.

I say that Jesus was resurrected with flesh and bones, that is DIRECT SCRIPTURE.

So how is it that I am wrong again?

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2010,07:40)
    Jodi

i am right your comments do not fit the scriptures;To see or hear the word Jesus Christ and then think of him as some immortal creature that existed before heaven and earth was created, and to then think of this creature  as temporarily becoming a man, is PURE ANTI CHRIST DOCTRINE

The person who sits at God's right hand is a MAN of incorruptible flesh and bones. Scripture directly tells us that it is a MAN that sits at God's right hand. Jesus Christ received the position of sitting at God's right hand,  NOT BECAUSE he went back to being some other creature that had such a position before, but because of WHO he was MADE into by God, the first Perfect Man. This man was with God in the beginning in God's Word as a promise of someone to come. The person made unto us as a Master and Christ, Jesus the Immortal MAN, sits at the Father's right hand.

anyone can see who you represent by your comments .

terrarrica!   Jesus did exist as a Spirit Being before the world was.  Col. 1:15-17 tells us that.  also Rev. 3:14 He is the firstborn of all creation.  No flesh and blood can inherit the Kingdom of God.  Jesus emptied Himself and became a Man, and then He Himself said that He wants that state He was in, back.
    John 17:5  “And now O Father glorify Me together with Yourself with the  glory I had with You before the world was.  What glory was that.  He was born of God, Spirit Being.  Again NO FLESH AND BLOOD WILL EVER INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD…….i DON'T THINK THAT OUR HEAVENLY FATHER CAN LOOK AT FLESH.  NOT ONLY THAT NO FLESH CAN LOOK AT GOD JEHOVQAH AND LIVE……
    IMO you better think this through…Jesus was not some kind of freak.  And Jesus had to become like us, with all of our weakness in order to die for us.  He knew were He came from and that is why He did not sin.  If He would not be like that He would have sinned.  Why?  Because ALL HAVE FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD.  It took someone like Jesus who knew what was at stake not to sin.
    Also in John 1:1 The Word was with God and was God. Then in verse 14 He became flesh. That Scripture would not be necessary to say if He was a flesh already. But He was not…. He was born of the Father who was a Spirit being.
    Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Jodi Lee,

Your last post is well argued as are some of the ones just previous to it. They may all be but I have only read a couple.

Elizabeth
    Participant

To all

The way you all keep going with this question, you soon can ask him in person.

Georg :D

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 22 2010,10:18)
    Jodi Lee,

Your last post is well argued as are some of the ones just previous to it.  They may all be but I have only read  a couple.

Thanks Kerwin,

I really appreciate hearing that.  :)

terraricca
    Participant

Jodi

you are not guided by the spirit of God ,but by your won spirit and understanding.

Group: Regular Members

The Son of God who sits at God's right hand IS (not was) the PERFECT MAN, Jesus Christ!!

Matthew 26:64 Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

how can man see in heaven from the ground ???
    were is the seat of God so that we know what is the right side of God ?

please answer those questions for me

terraricca
    Participant

Irene

the comment was from Jodi read what i say on the bottom of that quote,

i don't know how you guy's do to fram other quotes so i copy them,sorry

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2010,15:03)
    Jodi

you are not guided by the spirit of God ,but by your won spirit and understanding.

Group: Regular Members

how can man see in heaven from the ground ???
    were is the seat of God so that we know what is the right side of God ?

please answer those questions for me

Why are you adverting from the main point, which is, scripture declares that it is the Son of Man that is sitting at the right hand of God.

You said, “and wen time came to go back to his father victorious of is offering ,he took back his position what was rightfully his the WORD at the right hand of God.”

SHOW your scriptures that support your view of the above statement. Your good at throwing around accusations that I'm this or that, but your responses are truly inept in proving how I am wrong.

Viewing 20 posts - 6,481 through 6,500 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account