Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 6,001 through 6,020 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    banana
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2009,04:46)

Quote (banana @ Dec. 21 2009,12:41)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 21 2009,17:20)

Quote (thethinker @ Dec. 16 2009,12:02)

Quote (david @ Dec. 16 2009,16:40)
    Wickipedia notes the following:

“Some scholars have defended the translation, to some degree.[24]”. . . .
    “24.  Alan S. Duthie stated that the “Jehovah's Witnesses' NWT, which is certainly not 'filled with the heretical doctrines' …even though a few aberrations can be found. …Some have to condemn out of hand any version made by Jehovah's Witnesses…because they must be full of heresies…It is true that there are some heretical doctrines to be found in NWT (eg. the incoherent polytheism in Jn.1:1,… but the percentage of the whole Bible thus affected… does not reach even 0.1% of the whole, which is very far from 'full'. How To Choose Your Bible Wisely, Alan S. Duthie. pp. 30, 216. Jason BeDuhn stated “While it is difficult to quantify this sort of analysis, it can be said the NW[T] emerges as the most accurate of the translations compared.” Truth in Translation: Accuracy and Bias in English Translations of the New Testament, 2004 p.163; J. D Phillips stated, “You have done a marvelous work…”; Allen Wikgren referred to it as “Independent reading of merit”; Benjamin Kedar , “ I find my feeling repeatedly confirmed that [the OT] reflects an honest endeavor to achieve an understanding of the text that is as accurate as possible….Giving evidence of a broad command of the original language … I have never discovered in the New World Translation any biased intent to read something into the text that it does not contain.”; S. Maclean Gilmore, “The New Testament edition was made by a committee….that possessed an unusual competence in Greek.” The Andover Newton Quarterly, September 1966 Vol. 7, #1 p. 25,26; C. Houtman , in discussing translator bias stated “the [NWT] of the Jehovah's Witnesses can survive the scrutiny of criticism” Nederlands Theologisch Tijdschrift #38 1984 p.279-280; William Carey Taylor stated the NT of the NWT contains “considerable scholarship” The New Bible Pro and Con, 1955 p.75; Edgar Goodspeed, Robert M. McCoy, Steven T. Byington, Alexander Thompson, James Parkinson, and Thomas N. Winter also give favorable mention of the NWT.”
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki….tnesses

David,
    The source on Wikipedia says that the NWT contains “heresies” (plural) and gives “incoherent polytheism” as one example. I fail to see how you are comforted by this.

Isn't it because of your polytheism that WJ raked you over the coals last time? Admit it David. The JW's are polytheistic and so is their translation. You think this is a small matter?

And the claim that there is “never” any biased attempt in the NWT is absolutely outrageous. I showed the bias of the NWT translators a long while ago here. I will duplicate it for you below:

Heaven Net friends,
    Titus 2:13 is a direct assertion that Jesus Christ is God,

Looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Note this grammatical rule right from the textbook,

If two substantives are connected by kai and both have the article, they refer to two different persons or things; if the first has the article and the second does not, the second refers to the same person (Syntax of the New Testament Greek, University Press of America, p.76).

The textbook gives Titus 2:13 as an example of this rule,

προσδεχόμενοι τὴν μακαρίαν ἐλπίδα καὶ ἐπιφάνειαν τῆς δόξης τοῦ μεγάλου θεοῦ καὶ σωτῆρος ἡμῶν Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ

I put the article which comes before “great God” in bold for you. And I also put the Greek “kai” in bold. There is no article before “Savior”. This means that the substantatives “great God” and “Savior” (Jesus Christ) are ONE AND THE SAME.

This is right from the textbook!

Yet the New World translation inserts a second definite article before the word “Savior” to make a distinction between God and Savior.

While we wait for the happy hope and glorious manifestation of the great God and of [the] Savior of us, Christ Jesus

There is no second definite article before “Savior”. The NWT translators inserted the second article in brackets thus exposing their true agenda.

TO ALL: DAVID ACTUALLY THINKS THAT “INCOHERENT POLYTHEISM” IS A SMALL MATTER

thinker

Jack

Interesting, they added the article in 2 Peter 1:1 which also is proof of Jesus Deity!

Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained a faith, held in equal privilege with ours, by the righteousness of our God and [the] Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1 NWT

Seems thy like adding both the “indefinite” and “definite” article when it suits them. Yep Bias!

Keith

W.J. 2 Peter 1:1 does not prove the deity of Christ.  It says this
    2 Peter 1:1 SIMON PETER, a Servant and Apostle of Jesus Christ;  To those who have obtained like precious Faith with us by the righteousness of our God and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. HELD IN EQUAL PRIVILEDGE IS NOT IN THAT VERSE, YOU ADDED THAT.
    Tell me how does that state that Christ is deity.
    That Bible that you have,  if that what it says then it was added to it to deceive many.
    Co. 1:15
    Rev. 3:14 all say that Jesus was the firstborn of all creation and had a beginning.
    Also John 1:1 does.  In the Beginning…..
    I do know that John 1:1 and Hebrew 1:8 tells us that Jesus is a God.  MANY ARE CALLED gODS IN ANCIENT TIMES.  But Jesus never claimed to be the God that is above all in Ephesians 4:6
    And by Jesus own words in
    John 14: 28 He says that “My Father is greater then I.”
    We have several Bibles and neither one says what yours does.  That is really unfair to say the least, and dangerous, to those who added it.
    Jesus never existed always, He had a Beginning.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene

Before you make accusations, please be sure you know what you are talking about.

Read my post again.

The translation I quoted is the NWT, the JWS Bible who converted you away from Trintarianism.

Your beef is with their translation and not mine.

But I do not expect you will correct them for they led you away from the truth of Trinitarianism!

WJ

No W.J. the J.W. have not taken me away from believing in the trinity. It is what we proved that is wrong with it. It is a man made doctrine and not of God.
    Also I have no beef with a Human being. It is Satan that gets us in trouble. If I said something wrong I am sorry. But as far as the trinity doctrine is concerned, we already learned that when we were in the W.W. Church of God. It was there that we for the first time read the Bible and understood. The trinity is no where to be found in the Bible and the Father is greater then all. There are several Scriptures that prove the trinity wrong.
    Peace and Love Irene

Quote (banana @ Dec. 21 2009,17:21)
    [But as far as the trinity doctrine is concerned, we already learned that when we were in the W.W. Church of God.  It was there that we for the first time read the Bible and understood.  The trinity is no where to be found in the Bible and the Father is greater then all.  There are several Scriptures that prove the trinity wrong.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene

There is no such thing as a scripture that proves the Trinity wrong but only your own interpretation of it.

Wasn't it you that said a JW showed you that John 1:1 was translated “a god” and you accepted them and decided their was no Trinity?

Maybe I have you mixed up with Mandy, and if so, I oppologize. I do know how to oppologize when I am wrong!  :)

WJ

banana
    Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 21 2009,17:31)

David,
    The source on Wikipedia says that the NWT contains “heresies” (plural) and gives “incoherent polytheism” as one example. I fail to see how you are comforted by this.

–thinker

Aren't you ashamed when you do things like this?  Pick one word out?

The actual quote said:
    the “Jehovah's Witnesses' NWT, which is certainly not 'filled with the heretical doctrines' …even though a few aberrations can be found. …Some have to condemn out of hand any version made by Jehovah's Witnesses…because they must be full of heresies…It is true that there are some heretical doctrines to be found in NWT (eg. the incoherent polytheism in Jn.1:1,… but the percentage of the whole Bible thus affected…

The quote says that any version made by JW's have to be condemned “out of hand” to be “full of heresies.”  
    If you're not familiar with the expression “out of hand” Thinker, it means that they had to reject it at once, instantly, not because it actually had heresies, but because it was by JW's.

David, but is it just one word?
    2Peter 1:1 by your Bible is not what it says in our Bibles.
    you added “held equal privilege with our….” if that is what is in your Bible it was added. But I do agree with you that some that your Organization believes is true, like the preexisting of Jesus. One of your people told us about it.
    Peace and Love Irene

banana
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2009,09:24)

Quote (banana @ Dec. 21 2009,17:21)
    [But as far as the trinity doctrine is concerned, we already learned that when we were in the W.W. Church of God.  It was there that we for the first time read the Bible and understood.  The trinity is no where to be found in the Bible and the Father is greater then all.  There are several Scriptures that prove the trinity wrong.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene

There is no such thing as a scripture that proves the Trinity wrong but only your own interpretation of it.

Wasn't it you that said a JW showed you that John 1:1 was translated “a god” and you accepted them and decided their was no Trinity?

Maybe I have you mixed up with Mandy, and if so, I oppologize. I do know how to oppologize when I am wrong!  :)

WJ

No my friend, the Bible says this in
    Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all,who is above all and in us all.  
    By Jesus own words in
    John 14:28 …for my Father is greater then I.”
    Exd 8:10   And he said, To morrow. And he said, [Be it] according to thy word: that thou mayest know that [there is] none like unto the LORD our God.  
    Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  
    Isa 40:13   Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or [being] his counsellor hath taught him?  
    Isa 40:25 ¶ To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.  
    Isa 45:18 ¶ For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else.  
    Isa 46:9   Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; God, and [there is] none like me,  
    Mar 12:32   And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:  
    1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  
    1Cr 8:5   For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)  
    1Cr 8:6   But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.  

1Cr 14:33   For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.  

There is absolutely nothing in these Scriptures that indicate there are three persons in one.
    Also if the Holy Spirit would be a person then He would be the Father of Jesus.  Not true.  
    Also there are Scriptures that show us that the Holy Spirit is God the Fathers Spirit.

No the J.W. have never told us anything except the preexisting of Jesus. It was Mr. Armstrong. And I am for ever thankful to Him for that. Even so they too had many wrong doctrines, but it was there were we learned to read the Bible.
    Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

hi all
    if you don't believe the scripture given to you to show that there is no trinity in God then you are a liar because God can not be a liar it must be you.
    Irene, show the most important ones,and remember the Word can not be broken,if you do you have to explain all the contradictions.

terraricca
    Participant

this go s for you to WJ

banana
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 22 2009,11:02)
    this go s for you to WJ

Thank you, I have no idea if W.J. will agree with us or not. I think He is probably just going to ignore all the Scriptures given. When we were in the Catholic Church we believed in the trinity too. Thanks be to God that He let us see all the truths that He did show us. In vain do they worship me, Scriptures say.
    Math. 15:9 “But in vain they do worship me, teaching for the doctrine the commandment of men.”
    The trinity is a man made doctrine by Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian. It is said that the trinity is his best achievement to Christianity. He was born to Pagan Parents in A.D. 155 in Carthage Africa.
    Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

hi Irene
    i was born in a very catholic famely ,by the time i was 10 years old, the priest teaches us that marie was the mother of God ,so i left up my finger for a question,he allowed me to talk and ask “how come marie a women can be the mother of God, who has no beguining ,and create all things.he dismist me at ones,i never whent back.

you Irene ,you can bring a horse to water but you can not make him drink it,he has to do that.so is WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TO ALL……….2Ths 2:4 …> who opposes and exalts himslef above all that is called GOD, or that is worshiped; so that he (AS GOD) sits in the temple of GOD, being exhibited that He is GOD.

Now who do we know that now Sits in the temple of GOD, is that not Jesus and is he not being displayed as GOD himself and worshipped as very GOD.

The man of SIN is not a real person it is a LIE , a FALSE IMAGE of Jesus being Portrayed as VERY GOD. It say because they recieved (NOT) the Love for the Truth that GOD would send them a strong delusion in order for them to believe A LIE, and thats the LIE , that Jesus is GOD himself. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

hi gene
    2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    this is what Paul said,try to understand what Paul says first ,br
    break it up in sections understand what he said and what he don't say,Jesus said relatively the same thing in his,Mat 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand,everyone of Jesus stories are fundamental to understand the scriptures,just like Isaiah is ,and others,you cant understand nothing unless you look at all.

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 21 2009,19:02)
    this go s for you to WJ

t

{{{{{BRRRRR}}}}} I am scared!

Get real. You guys can't even get past Matt 28:19.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in “the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost“:

Singular name for three persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and all having the definite article proving there are three distinct persons.

You do believe in the three don't you?

Bingo! Trinity! So you believe in a Trinity, you just don't see them as “One”!

Now all you have to do is read the scriptures that claim..

The Father is God.

Jesus is God.

The Holy Spirit is God.

Then try to prove that the three are not “One” and also try and prove that we have more than “One Spirit”!

The contradictions are with you and the Arians and Unitarians.

Once you think you have this one licked then maybe you can move up to John 1:1, or John 20:28, or Isa 9:6, or Heb 1:8 or 2 Peter 1:1 or Titus 2:13, of Jude 1:4, 5 or Rev 1:8, or Phil 2:6-8 or Heb 1:10 or 1 John 5:20, or John 1:18 or Acts 20:28 and the many others that imply Jesus equality with the Father, and the Holy Spirit as a seperate person from the Father.

“But they refused to pay attention; “STUBBORNLY THEY TURNED THEIR BACKS AND STOPPED UP THEIR EARS“. Zech 7:11

He answered and said unto them, “Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, BUT TO THEM IT IS NOT GIVEN“. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. “***THEREFORE SPEAK I TO THEM IN PARABLES***: BECAUSE THEY SEEING SEE NOT; AND HEARING THEY HEAR NOT, NEITHER DO THEY UNDERSTAND“. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, “BY HEARING YE SHALL HEAR, AND SHALL NOT UNDERSTAND; AND SEEING YE SHALL SEE, AND SHALL NOT PERCEIVE“: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and “THEIR EYES THEY HAVE CLOSED; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, AND SHOULD UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, AND SHOULD BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL THEM“. Matt 13:11-15

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

hi WJ
    i am not scared why should you ?
    like i told you before, i am willingly to accept your view, but only if you explain all the scriptures who do not declare the trinity,but the (contraire mon frere)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 22 2009,01:21)
    hi WJ
    i am not scared why should you ?
    like i told you before, i am willingly to accept your view, but only if you explain all the scriptures who do not declare the trinity,but the (contraire mon frere)

:D   :D  :D

I was being sarcastic toward your empty threats that somehow I am a liar and God was maybe gonna strike me down!

:D

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

hi WJ
    unless you deal with people who do not know there God and Christ their savior ,their is no way to support the trinity,and i know you will not pick up the glove of challenge to explain clearly why so many scriptures are against the trinity.

banana
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2009,17:05)

this go s for you to WJ

t

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in “the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost“:

Singular name for three persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and all having the definite article proving there are three distinct persons.

The Father is God.

Jesus is God.

The Holy Spirit is God.

Then try to prove that the three are not “One” and also try and prove that we have more than “One Spirit”!

Once you think you have this one licked then maybe you can move up to John 1:1, or John 20:28, or Isa 9:6, or Heb 1:8 or 2 Peter 1:1 or Titus 2:13, of Jude 1:4, 5 or Rev 1:8, or Phil 2:6-8 or Heb 1:10 or 1 John 5:20, or John 1:18 or Acts 20:28 and the many others that imply Jesus equality with the Father, and the Holy Spirit as a seperate person from the Father.

“But they refused to pay attention; “STUBBORNLY THEY TURNED THEIR BACKS AND STOPPED UP THEIR EARS“. Zech 7:11

He answered and said unto them, “Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, BUT TO THEM IT IS NOT GIVEN“. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. “***THEREFORE SPEAK I TO THEM IN PARABLES***: BECAUSE THEY SEEING SEE NOT; AND HEARING THEY HEAR NOT, NEITHER DO THEY UNDERSTAND“. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, “BY HEARING YE SHALL HEAR, AND SHALL NOT UNDERSTAND; AND SEEING YE SHALL SEE, AND SHALL NOT PERCEIVE“: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and “THEIR EYES THEY HAVE CLOSED; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, AND SHOULD UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, AND SHOULD BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL THEM“. Matt 13:11-15

WJ

W.J. I have given you several Scriptures that prove the trinity wrong, yet you go by one Scripture that says only The Father and the Son and it should say, the Fathers Holy Spirit. It contradicts all other Scriptures that I gave. Why is it that you ignore them…..Again is the Holy Spirit Jesus Father?
    John 1:1 does not prove the trinity. Just that He is the Word and God, even Satan is called God and so many mighty men were called in Ancient times, God.
    Same with John 20:28 and Hebrew 1:8
    God is a title. God the Father is our God that is above all other. Just to say a few. I am not about to do more nonsense.
    Irene

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 22 2009,01:33)
    hi WJ
    unless you deal with people who do not know there God and Christ their savior ,their is no way to support the trinity,and i know you will not pick up the glove of challenge to explain clearly why so many scriptures are against the trinity.

T
    Why did you ignore my post on Matt 28:19?

Have you read both Trinity threads? If not then I suggest you start for I have made a lot of post on this sight and most were probably in the Trinity threads.

But Ok, why don't you give me one scripture that deproves the Trinity!

We will start there.

WJ

Quote (banana @ Dec. 22 2009,05:10)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2009,17:05)

this go s for you to WJ

t

The Father is God.

Jesus is God.

The Holy Spirit is God.

WJ

W.J.  I have given you several Scriptures that prove the trinity wrong, yet you go by one Scripture that says only The Father and the Son and it should say, the Fathers Holy Spirit.  It contradicts all other Scriptures that I gave.  Why is it that you ignore them…..Again is the Holy Spirit Jesus Father?
    John 1:1 does not prove the trinity.  Just that He is the Word and God, even Satan is called God and so many mighty men were called in Ancient times, God.
    Same with John 20:28 and Hebrew 1:8
    God is a title.  God the Father is our God that is above all other. Just to say a few.  I am not about to do more nonsense.  
    Irene

Irene

Your scriptures do not disprove the Trinity.

For the same is said about Jesus. Jesus is above all isn't he?” Jesus is at the right hand of the Father and not beneath him isn't he?

The contradictions you have with Matt 28:19 and others is because of your own false doctrine!

Read Matt 28:18 and it might give you some perspective on Matt 28:19!

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 22 2009,17:00)
    hi gene
    2Th 2:3  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    2Th 2:4  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    2Th 2:5  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    2Th 2:6  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    2Th 2:7  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    2Th 2:8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    this is what Paul said,try to understand what Paul says first ,br
    break it up in sections understand what he said and what he don't say,Jesus said relatively the same thing in his,Mat 13:13  Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand,everyone of Jesus stories are fundamental to understand the scriptures,just like Isaiah is ,and others,you cant understand nothing unless you look at all.

T ………….I have studied 2 Ths 2, and posted it, see the thread (THE MAN OF SIN) WHAT i was doing is condensing it to it's conclusions . Fact is the man of sin is a (false) image of Jesus being a GOD was started at the council of Nacia in the year of 325 AD,,,it was when the Pagan Emperor Constantine accepted Christianity as a STATE Religion of the Romans and the term HOMOUISOUS or GOD OF GOD DOCTRINE was officially Church DOCTRINE. THIS TEACHING TURNED JESUS FROM AN ORDINARY MAN INTO A GOD MAN, Read my post on the NAN OF SIN.

terraricca
    Participant

hi gene
    i agree with you on this to me as well it is Constantin from 2thes;2

terraricca
    Participant

hi WJ
    Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
    Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
    Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
    you sure that this will be your base on your believe of the trinity????????????

Viewing 20 posts - 6,001 through 6,020 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account