Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 3,641 through 3,660 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

If you don't believe Eph 1:4-5 what else you believe my friend what more specific thing you want?.

I was thinking that you are arguing with me on this one :
    “They nullify the love God has for us even before we are born”.

I have already told you will not give credit to anybody else. I have not seen you any time you appreciated me.
    Thanks for that.

Please don't bother me further with this type of attitude.
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Have you compared other versions to see if your one is comparable?
    We are not here except to find truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You have abused me and now you want praise from me?
    Keep on the path of truth and love and we will get along fine.

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,16:38)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,15:30)
    Hi not3,
    The child fathered by God was JUST LIKE US!

He was “made” like us in every way, yet even the disciples wondered, “….What manner of man this is?”.  He was without sin.  He did not have an earthly father.  He communicated and was intimately (spiritually/physically) connected to the Almighty while on earth.

Ya, just like us.   :;):

Jesus is the firstborn of many brother's.  We will follow him.  But before we do, we will receive our adoption.  Jesus never had to be adopted because his nature was the NEW CREATION.

Imo,
    Mandy

Mandy! Where does it say that Jesus was the firstborn of many Brethren?
    Col. 1:15 ” He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.”
    Rev. 3:14 ” These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God.”
    And Jesus created all, in order to that He had to be there in the beginning.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    verse 2 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made.
    verse 14 and the Word became man and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten Son of the Father full of grace and truth.
    He was flesh, as a man, but spiritually He was like the Father, and not at all like us.
    That is the only way God could save mankind from eternal death. If He would be all like a man, He too would have sinned IMO. But since Jesus knew what was at stake He did not sin. Are we not glad that He did not. I am very glad and thankful for all.
    Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Irene,

I got that wrong. I was thinking of Hebrews where it says, “In brining many sons to glory….should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering……so Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers….” Heb. 2:10

But that is not the same thing as saying the “firstborn of many brothers”. Sorry I was mistaken.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God created everything through Jesus. God tells us he did this alone. We are not sure if Jesus was with him. We read that the “word” was, but I think it might be a mistake to translate “word” into “Jesus.” IMO

He was flesh, as a man, but spiritually He was like the Father, and not at all like us.

Well, I believe something close to this. I believe Jesus is the new creation and therefore yes, he did operate on a higher level of spiritual awareness than we are capable of. He was a divine man at birth. We have to be re-born into this status.

Have a good night, I'm heading to bed early. I have a test at the hospital in the morning and I should get my rest. It's not a big deal, they are monitoring me. Prayers are always appreciated though. :)
    Love,
    Mandy

Irene
    Participant

Mandy! My Prayers are with you. Have a good nights sleep.
    Peace and Love Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 03 2008,15:33)
    Hi GM,
    You have abused me and now you want praise from me?
    Keep on the path of truth and love and we will get along fine.

At least it pained you which is not an insult, now imagine others including me how many times you have given pain by asking mindless questions and simply negating their views. Is it what you follow being the moderator?
    I'm sorry for if I have said any thing unwanted or caused pain to you.
    Adam

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 03 2008,17:57)
    Hi Irene,

I got that wrong.  I was thinking of Hebrews where it says, “In brining many sons to glory….should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering……so Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers….” Heb. 2:10

But that is not the same thing as saying the “firstborn of many brothers”.  Sorry I was mistaken.

God created everything through Jesus.  God tells us he did this alone.  We are not sure if Jesus was with him.  We read that the “word” was, but I think it might be a mistake to translate “word” into “Jesus.”  IMO

Well, I believe something close to this.  I believe Jesus is the new creation and therefore yes, he did operate on a higher level of spiritual awareness than we are capable of.  He was a divine man at birth.  We have to be re-born into this status.

Have a good night, I'm heading to bed early.  I have a test at the hospital in the morning and I should get my rest.  It's not a big deal, they are monitoring me.  Prayers are always appreciated though.  :)
    Love,
    Mandy

Mandy! I think you are mistaken when it comes to the Word or Spokes word of God. In verse 4 it says
    ” In Him was life and the light was the light of men.”
    verse 5 ” And the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it.”
    You also can't explain Col 1:15-10 any other way except the way it is written otherwise it is you're interpretation.
    The same with Rev.3:14
    You really need to take a good look at this. IMO
    Peace and Love Irene

Not3in1
    Participant

The light shining through the darkness – yes there is no denying that God was in Christ – that Jesus was of God. That “light” is unmistakable. But it certainly doesn't mean he preexisted with God. In my opinion, if there is more than one way to interpret a scripture then it is not clear and therefore open to various meanings.

We've already chatted about Col. 1:15. Irene, that verse has been interpreted so many different ways. Just choose whichever fits your theology the best. :;):

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Irene,

I got that wrong.  I was thinking of Hebrews where it says, “In brining many sons to glory….should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering……so Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers….” Heb. 2:10

But that is not the same thing as saying the “firstborn of many brothers”.  Sorry I was mistaken.

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    You are not mistaken here is the verse in Romans 8:29

29 “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren”

Jesus is the first born of many brothern to be followed in future.
    Love to you
    Adam

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 27 2008,15:10)
    So you believe all these and say that Jesus was also an angel?

Angel not only refers to the spiritual beings who carry out God’s commands, it refers to the office one holds as delivering messages from God.

Both Jesus and John the Baptist are called angels.

gollamudi
    Participant

They are messengers of God this is what you want to say?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

gollamudi……you got it right the word angle can mean messenger it's the same word.

peace brother…..gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes brother, thanks we have to wait and see what our brother T8 believes.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 04 2008,00:58)

Hi Irene,

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    You are not mistaken here is the verse in Romans 8:29

29 “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren”

Jesus is the first born of many brothern to be followed in future.
    Love to you
    Adam

AH – HA! I knew I had read it somewhere. Thanks a million bro. You know I've been lacking on my study. But those scriptures have a way of staying with you even though you haven't read them for awhile.

Thanks, Adam.
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

You are welcome Mandy, God has given me grace to remember these verses at the same time I use my marked Bible so that I can easily get the desired verse.

How about sharing more on your new understanding on 'preexistence'?
    Love to you
    Adam

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi All,
    This is my favourite topic please share some thing on Jesus' preexistence.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…. i don't even know why a person would want to see Jesus as a preexisting being in the first place. There is no (specific) statement that says he preexisted as a being of some kind. But there are scriptures that describe him as the (SECOND) Adam and Peter says He was foreordained (BUT) was Manifested in our time. Why can't people Just believe that, it answers the subject completely. Peter would not have used the word foreordained if He was meaning Jesus preexisted.

peace brother………..gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks for sharing on this topic brother Gene, let us wait and see what others say on this belief we have.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The existence of the Word with God matters as it reveals the loss he suffered to save mere men.
    Many would want him just to have been a specially chosen man guided and moulded to fill the bill.

Viewing 20 posts - 3,641 through 3,660 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account