Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 3,601 through 3,620 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    He was like us in all ways except sin.
    It was only at the age of 30 that his clean vessel was filled with the treasure.

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification and for bringing up the vessel thread – it's good, I'm reading it now.
    Mandy

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,10:37)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2008,09:00)
    NH believes the scripture that says “God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself”, yet he says that the Father never left heaven.

I guess it matters whether or not he believes that God took over Jesus' body OR if he just filled him with his Spirit to do good works like he fills every believer.  

God did not possses Jesus.  He allowed Jesus to have life in himself just as God has life in himself.  Vessel or no vessel – Jesus lived life here on earth as Jesus – although he was used of God.

Mandy

But NHs words is God is in Christ. Yet he says the Father is not. Now you say the Spirit of God lives in us. Well again by his own words he is saying the Spirit is God.

:)

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,10:39)
    Yes, Nick this makes complete sense.
    I was worried that your belief system called for a Jesus that actually was a literal vessel for God to come to earth in.  In other words, Jesus was really not a man in his own right, he was an incarnation of God Almighty.

??? ??? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2008,10:58)

NH believes the scripture that says “God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself”, yet he says that the Father never left heaven.

I guess it matters whether or not he believes that God took over Jesus' body OR if he just filled him with his Spirit to do good works like he fills every believer.  

God did not possses Jesus.  He allowed Jesus to have life in himself just as God has life in himself.  Vessel or no vessel – Jesus lived life here on earth as Jesus – although he was used of God.

Mandy

But NHs words is God is in Christ. Yet he says the Father is not. Now you say the Spirit of God lives in us. Well again by his own words he is saying the Spirit is God.

Hi WJ,
    The Spirit is the Spirit of God.
    You have your spirit so why is the hard to grasp?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,11:02)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2008,10:58)

Mandy

Hi WJ,
    The Spirit is the Spirit of God.
    You have your spirit so why is the hard to grasp?

OK

So you admit the Spirit is God!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The Spirit is of God just as your spirit is of you.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,11:10)
    Hi WJ,

NH

You just dont get it.

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    I do not get the added rationisations of men?
    I agree.
    Is your spirit of you?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,08:43)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 30 2008,14:02)
    Jesus was called 'Son of God' at his birth in fact he was also to be called 'Immanuel' which means God will be with humans. If we take this literally we have to believe in 'God's incarnation as human' which we don't agree saying that God can not become mortal man and he is not a son of man

If Jesus is “God with us”, why do we have to believe in incarnation automatically?  I say that we do not.

A son of a father is someone quite literally who is a “chip off the old block” as the saying goes.  For instance my brother looks just like my father.  It's uncanny the way he moves, talks and walks like my Dad.  In fact, when my Dad died, a lot of my aunts and uncles found great comfort in having my brother around…….they said it was like having my father around…..they said it was like my father was still with us.

Hi Mandy,
    I think again we are going into that endless discussions. I agree with you on God has not taken any incarnation in Jesus infact my post was meaning that only. I was only trying to convey you that Jesus was called son of God at his birth not that he literally taken some fleh and blood from God his Father I mean what you say human sperm. There only I differ with you since God can not possess any thing that is mortal in nature.

Please see 1 Tim 6:16

16 “who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, and whom no human being has seen or can see. To him be honor and eternal power. Amen”

and also Rom 1:23

23 “and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for the likeness of an image of mortal man or of birds or of four-legged animals or of snakes”

How clearly Paul says in both places that you can not imagine God the invisible and immortal in resemblence with human beings. So I believe Jesus' relationship with his Father God was not in flesh and blood but in Spirit which has been given at his birth directly from God. I also believe God anointed Jesus at Jordan with the Spirit of Christ to do public ministry and to do preach good news to people. This is where Nick quotes 'God was in Jesus by the anointing of the Holy Spirit'.

Hi WJ, If the Spirit of God was in Jesus it doesn't mean God has to leave heaven and live in human Jesus. Is He not living in you as the Spirit? Do you think God has left heaven physically and living in you? God is Spirit He is omnipresent and can be present  every where at any point of time. He can fill all of us simultaneously without physically leaving His throne in heaven. Your understanding of God leaving heaven is some thing of primitive nature.

Peace to all
    Adam

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2008,11:13)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,11:10)
    Hi WJ,

NH

You just dont get it.

:(

The “Spirit” is WHO God is.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Jesus called him the Heavenly Father.
    He said we should pray to him there.

It is His throne and we and all creation is too small to contain Him.

2 Chronicles 6:18
    But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Adam,

There only I differ with you since God can not possess any thing that is mortal in nature.

What the Father passed on to his Son was not “mortal” in nature, it was “divine” in nature – the only nature God the Father has! :)

So I believe Jesus' relationship with his Father God was not in flesh and blood but in Spirit which has been given at his birth directly from God.

It's your choice, of course, to believe as you see fit. But Jesus was not born of the will of a man, he was conceived of God Almighty. When you are conceived, you share the nature of your parents. Both of your parents pass on to you their genetic codes….

I also believe God anointed Jesus at Jordan with the Spirit of Christ to do public ministry and to do preach good news to people. This is where Nick quotes 'God was in Jesus by the anointing of the Holy Spirit'.

Yes, just as Nick says that God can use any of us as vessels like he did Jesus. However there is a huge difference between “us” and “Jesus”, do you know what it is? God the Father – FATHERED Jesus! :;): We have to be adopted. Does this make sense to you?

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The child fathered by God was JUST LIKE US!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,15:30)
    Hi not3,
    The child fathered by God was JUST LIKE US!

He was “made” like us in every way, yet even the disciples wondered, “….What manner of man this is?”. He was without sin. He did not have an earthly father. He communicated and was intimately (spiritually/physically) connected to the Almighty while on earth.

Ya, just like us. :;):

Jesus is the firstborn of many brother's. We will follow him. But before we do, we will receive our adoption. Jesus never had to be adopted because his nature was the NEW CREATION.

Imo,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Yes he was completely changed by his anointing at the age of 30.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,16:40)
    Hi not3,

So you say…..

But the Magi saw and knew something different about him from the day of his birth!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

not3in1….Mandy when Jesus told us how to pray, He used the words (OUR) Father, didn't that include us also as God's Children to. I read a paper once on this and it brought out that God can not reproduce Himself, Because if He did that person would have had to exist forever and if he produced him then obviously he would not have been in existence as long as the one Who produced Him. So He concluded that the only way anyone could be a child of God was by Adoption. Any way that what it said i personally am not sure.

Peace to you…………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,16:46)

Hi not3,

So you say…..

But the Magi saw and knew something different about him from the day of his birth!

Hi not3,
    They knew from their study of the heavens where and who he was. Otherwise just a normal human baby wrapped in a shawl.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,16:56)

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 01 2008,16:46)

Hi not3,

So you say…..

Hi not3,
    They knew from their study of the heavens where and who he was. Otherwise just a normal human baby wrapped in a shawl.

:laugh:

Normal human babies wrapped in shawls do not have “hosts of angels” announcing their births!

Viewing 20 posts - 3,601 through 3,620 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account