Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 3,181 through 3,200 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    John was sent from God as all the prophets were.
    None of them claimed what Jesus did.

John 6:38
    “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick I am not yet become GM now I am only a DGM

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    Press on sis! I'm encouraged!!
    Love,
    Kathi

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 08 2008,21:46)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 08 2008,18:19)
    I'm beginning to think that Jesus had to be “other” than us and perhaps preexistent as well.

Jesus didn't sin.  I know the theory goes that we can be like Jesus if we only try…..but believe me I've tried not to sin – it's just not my nature.  :;):   So I'm thinking maybe God really did need an incarnation/man to come down and do the job considering no real human/man could?  

Sure, that puts Jesus a little out of reach for us, but let's face it, how many folks can walk like Jesus did anyway?  I know of no one.  Perhaps it's the idea of Jesus and his messages that we are to strive for (love one another, give to the poor and so on), not to actually attain what Jesus was on earth.  I mean, hello, he didn't sin…..how can we attain that?  I think it's more frustrating to think we can be like Jesus (we just set ourselves up to fail), rather than to believe Jesus was fundamentally different and so we can only hope to live as he did.  

After all, man did screw things up.  Maybe God really did come down in the form of some incarnation/transfer/light-filling vessel to save our a**'s?

I'm really starting over here.  I've got my studies out and a new piece of paper.  I think I've been missing something……

Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    What happened to you my Sis? Why do you suddenly change to 180 degrees? Who told that we can be like Jesus if we try? How can you expect that you can be like Jesus by trying? Jesus was without sin because God the Father was in Him by Spirit. “That's why Jesus told my father is in me”. Not that God himself incarnated as Jesus that is 'Oneness' belief. See Heb 2:14-18, he was made like us in all respects to be tempted like us and to taste death. He was also flesh and blood like you and me. Don't let your understanding stray away from this truth my Sis. You need not become like Jesus in all respect just believe what God did in Jesus. That's all that faith saves us from the second death. Jesus is our high priest who is also a man-mediator between that one God and us. If you want to become like Jesus by yourself you can never become and you will end in failure as you have rightly told. It doesn't mean that you have to prove Jesus' pre-existence for that.
    Think on these lines gothrough this topic from beginning till the end you will find how God was revealing things in a clear manner.
    Love to you
    Adam

:laugh:

Adam, I told you not to put too much stock in what I say. I am searching. And searching means you are not sure of your core beliefs yet. I grew up with a set of core beliefs but this forum has challenged all of that. I am beginning to sort through some things as of recent. This has been a 5 year Trek for Truth for me…..

And I'm trying on some new interpretational glasses…. We'll see what I come up with. Thanks for your prayers.

Love,
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

That's nice my Sis, I know God will guide you in everything according to His will and purpose. Do continue to share those new revelations.
    Love to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You should eat the bread from heaven.
    John 6:33
    For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,08:31)
    Hi GM,
    For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Nick……good advice you should take it. I will clear up a lot of your confusion you have.

IMO………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Jesus is the bread from heaven.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..I know that, whats your point? when Jesus said that he was showing that Jesus needs to be personally taken to ourselves i know that. What your point. I believe every thing Jesus said and have quoted it here many many many times. I believe He was God the Father Lamb sacrifice for my sins. So whats your point.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    He is from heaven

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 09 2008,12:34)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,08:31)
    Hi GM,

Nick……good advice you should take it. I will clear up a lot of your confusion you have.

IMO………..gene

Gen  Can you read? It says that He CAME FROM HEAVEN, HE CAME FROM HEAVEN.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mrs…..Jesus did come from heaven he was the (SECOND ADAM) He was in the plan of God who is in Heaven from the foundations of the earth (BUT) was manifested (Brought forth as came into existence) in our time Said Peter and i think He would have known if Jesus preexisted don't you. So that does mean he was in the plan of God who is in the heavens, so he was from heaven. Because that where God planned Him From.

IMO…..peace to you and your Mrs…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Does manifested mean BROUGHT INTO EXISTENCE?

david
    Participant

The Bible and not human reason clearly bears out numerous times that Jesus, the “only begotten son,” “whose origin is from early times” did have a pre-human existence.

He “emptied himself and took a slave’s form and came to be in the likeness of men.”

God “prepared a body for him,” and so he “became flesh.”

Jesus spoke of “the glory that [he] had alongside [God] before the world was.”

He repeatedly said things like: “I have come down from heaven” and that he “descended from heaven,” and “from God I came forth and am here.”

He spoke of “ascending to where he was before.”

He said “I am from the realms above” and “not from this world.”

Before Abraham existed “I am” or “I have been,” he said.

He is the “beginning of the creation by God” and the “firstborn of all creation.”

And all things “were created through him.” And “he is before all things.”

It was “through [Jesus that] he [God] made the system of things.”

In the beginning, God said: “Let US make man in OUR image.” Jesus was in the beginning and “with God.” “This one [The word, Jesus] was in the beginning with God.” And “All things came into existence through him.”

david
    Participant

PHILIPPIANS 2:5-8
    “Keep this mental attitude in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God. No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and came to be in the likeness of men. More than that, when he found himself in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient as far as death, yes, death on a torture stake.”

Use whatever translation you like.

(–We are to have the attitude that Christ had, (who humbled himself and became obedient as far as death.)
    –We are to have the attitude Christ had, who despite “EXISTING IN GOD’S FORM”
    –Emptied Himself
    –Took on a “slaves form,” “the likeness of men,” “in fashion as a man.”)

david
    Participant

JOHN 17:5
    “So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.”

Is Jesus here talking about being turned back into a plan?

david
    Participant

I'm beginning to think that Jesus had to be “other” than us and perhaps preexistent as well.

–Mandy.

What? You're now considering the possibility that just maybe he was pre-existent. Interesting.

Jesus didn't sin. I know the theory goes that we can be like Jesus if we only try…..

I've never heard of this theory. True, Jesus was “without sin.” But the Bible says that just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned. (Rom 5:12) Hence, we need the Ransom.

So I'm thinking maybe God really did need an incarnation/man to come down and do the job considering no real human/man could?

And yet, if Jesus had not “became flesh” a real human, the ransom would not have balanced out. Jesus became the last Adam, and paid the price for what the first Adam did.

I mean, hello, he didn't sin…..how can we attain that?

We can't.

I'm really starting over here. I've got my studies out and a new piece of paper.

Just wondering how that went

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ June 09 2008,17:12)
    Just wondering how that went

:laugh:

It's a continual process, David. It hasn't “went” anywhere yet. I'm still studying.

And yes, I am considering that I have been wrong all this time. It's refreshing to hear, isn't it? :;):

Have a good night,
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

I appreciate that Mandy,
    May God continue to guide you in His truth to bring blessing to many people through you.
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,16:49)
    Hi GB,
    Does manifested mean BROUGHT INTO EXISTENCE?

Nick….My Webster universal dictionary, says that manifested means to show clearly. And obviously that can mean brought into existence. Why would it be put that way, because He was not shown clearly before, why because He was not in existence then, but was only ordained to be, in the plan of God to come into existence. Don't you think Peter and the other apostles would Know if He preexisted and would have made the very clear to all of us.

Have you ever ask yourself why is all this preexistence stuff so vague and never Specific. Surely a thing like Jesus preexisting as a being would have been made very clear by the apostles, and we would not be having this conversation if it were.

What i have noticed is that every thing given has to have some forcing of the text to make it come out that he preexisted as a being. And if He did what was his name and what did he do and why is his preexistent activity not mentioned in the old testament at all.

The lack of answers to these questions cause me to doubt his preexistence activity and not to mention there would be no reason for God to Do that, because taking and ordinary Human being would full fill better His plan for all man kind, a truly second Man ADAM.I believe this whole concept of Jesus preexisting his berth breaks down the (SOVEREIGNTY) of ONE GOD. And stems from the trinitarian ideologies.

this is just my opinion that all…………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 3,181 through 3,200 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account