Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 2,401 through 2,420 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So you say the Word is the spirit of the son. But there are no spirits in scripture that are not beings.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2008,09:55)
    Hi 94,
    So you say the Word is the spirit of the son. But there are no spirits in scripture that are not beings.

Hi Nick:

Please elaborate.

Thanks

942767 How can you say that Proverb 8:22-30 speaks of wisdom? What is wisdom? Was it wissdom that created all in the beginning Co. 1:15….. I don't think so. Neither was it wisdom in Proverbs. I heard that before, but if you have a James Moffatt transcription of the Bible it explains it somewhat better.
    God the Father is all wise and it is a part of God's Character. And Jesus was and is all wise too, since He has the Fathers wisdom and His Character also.
    John 1:1, Col.1:15-18, Rev.3:14 and Proverb 8:22-30 all teach us that Jesus preexsisted His birth as a man by Maria. The Father said that He would send His Son into the World, were did He send Him from?
    John 17:5 says ” And now O Father glorify Me together with Yourself, witrh the glory which I HAD WITH YOU BEFORE THE WORLD WAS. HE WAS THERE IN THE VERY BEGINNING WITH THE FATHER, AS A SPIRIT BEING, NOT JUST A THOUGHT IN THE FATHEWRS MIND.

He gave up that glory and became man.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Mar. 03 2008,11:07)
    942767 How can you say that Proverb 8:22-30 speaks of wisdom? What is wisdom? Was it wissdom that created all in the beginning Co. 1:15…..   I don't think so. Neither was it wisdom in Proverbs. I heard that before, but if you have a James Moffatt transcription of the Bible it explains it somewhat better.
    God the Father is all wise and it is a part of God's Character. And Jesus was and is all wise too, since He has the Fathers wisdom and His Character also.
    John 1:1, Col.1:15-18, Rev.3:14 and Proverb 8:22-30 all teach us that Jesus preexsisted His birth as a man by Maria. The Father said that He would send His Son into the World, were did He send Him from?
    John 17:5 says ” And now O Father glorify Me together with Yourself, witrh the glory which I HAD WITH YOU BEFORE THE WORLD WAS. HE WAS THERE IN THE VERY BEGINNING WITH THE FATHER, AS A SPIRIT BEING, NOT JUST A THOUGHT IN THE FATHEWRS MIND.

He gave up that glory and became man.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Hi Mrs:

All Wisdom proceeds from God.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 03 2008,10:22)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2008,09:55)
    Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

Please elaborate.

Thanks

Hi 94,

Show me any mention of spirit in scripture that does not belong to a being.

The son has his own spirit, as all men do, and he gave it up in death at Calvary

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit.”
    I agree.
    Then tell us about the Spirit of Christ in Rom 8 and Phil1 .
    Rom8
    ” 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. “
    Phil1
    Philippians 1:19
    “For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,”

Do they refer to the Holy Spirit?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2008,11:43)
    Hi 94,
    You say
    “The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit.”
    I agree.
    Then tell us about the Spirit of Christ in Rom 8 and Phil1 .
    Rom8
    ” 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. “
    Phil1
    Philippians 1:19
    “For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,”

Do they refer to the Holy Spirit?

Hi Nick:

My understanding is that the spirit of Christ is the anointed Word of God dwelling in us because we are walking in obedience to God's Word. The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, our Father, dwells in us when we are striving to obey His Word.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by F31 his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The foregoing verse refers to the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. As you can see from this verse, the Holy Spirit is different than Christ. God raised Jesus Christ from the dead by His Spirit.

, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by F31 his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Christ died and his spirit left him

Mt27
    50Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

You have not expounded the verses given in Phil 1 and Rom 8

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….. i believe when it talkes about the Spirit (of) Christ, it speaking of the Spirit of the annointing, it was the Spirit Jesus had in Him, and it's the same Spirit of God in Us as was in Jesus, if a person has it. The scripture that you quoted, could have been written this way,< Now if any man have not the Spirit of the Annointing, he is none of HIS , All who have the annointing in them are heirs and joint heirs with Jesus .

IMO……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,
    I agree.
    The Spirit of God is not divided.
    But what was given to Christ is shared with us in him.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2008,12:21)
    Hi 94,
    Christ died and his spirit left him

Mt27
    50Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

You have not expounded the verses given in Phil 1 and Rom 8

Hi Nick:

I showed you by the scripture Romans 8:11 that the Holy Spirit is God's Spirit and that the Spirit of Christ are not one and the same.  The Spirit of Christ is the anointed Word of God.

What more is there to say about this?
    19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matt 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

The Spirit of Jesus Christ is the Word of God.

The spirit of Christ did leave Jesus when he died and went to God, but that same spirit dwells within him now that is alive.  When we die our spirit will also go to God, and will be reunited with our soul in our new spiritual body.  The Word of God was with God in the beginning.  When we die, the Word of God that is within us as our spirit goes to God, but through this spirit of holiness God raised Jesus from the dead and raises us from the dead as well.

God Bless

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Whose voice is coming out of heaven?

Luke 9:34-36
    35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!”

NASU
    Luke 3:21-22
    22 and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, ” You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

Just wondering but I say it's the Father's voice because He is calling Jesus His Son, if you think that it isn't can you please support that with scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    If Jesus says that only he has heard the voice of His Father then what was manifested to men was not the voice of God as heard in heaven but a voice given that can reach the ears of puny humans.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Rom8
    ” 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. ”

So to you this says we are in the Spirit[of God or Christ?] if the Spirit of God dwells in us but if another spirit, the Spirit of Christ, does not dwell in us, we do not belong to God???

Confusion

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2008,13:07)
    Hi 94,
    Rom8
    ” 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. ”  

So to you this says we are in the Spirit[of God or Christ?] if the Spirit of God dwells in us but if another spirit, the Spirit of Christ, does not dwell in us, we do not belong to God???

Confusion

Hi Nick:

I showed you verse 8:11 which states:

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by F31 his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

The Spirit of God our Father dwells in us as our helper when we have been born again and and are keeping His commandments that have come from Him through our Lord Jesus Christ.

No confusion. Although you are trying to confuse me.

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    I ask you again to reveal Rom 8.9 for us.
    Thanks

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say

“Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by F31 his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

TRUE THE SPIRIT IN CHRIST RAISED HIM AND WILL RAISE US

The Spirit of God our Father dwells in us as our helper when we have been born again and and are keeping His commandments that have come from Him through our Lord Jesus Christ.

TRUE THE SPIRIT OF GOD GIVEN TO CHRIST FLOWS ALSO TO US

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

TRUE WE MUST FEED ON HIS TEACHINGS

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

TRUE CHRIST NOW LIVES IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD AND WE ARE BECOMING ONE WITH HIS SOUL?

Lightenup
    Participant

OT:6195
    Hi Nick,
    This is the Hebrew for prudence:
    `ormah (or-maw'); feminine of OT:6193; trickery; or (in a good sense) discretion
    (Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright  1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Also, Christ is more than the wisdom of God. He is the only Begotten Son of God.
    God Bless us as we seek, K

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Yes wisdom is but one of the gifts of the Spirit of Christ.
    1Cor 12
    3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14For the body is not one member, but many.

Participant

Nick:

TRUE CHRIST NOW LIVES IN THE SPIRIT OF GOD AND WE ARE BECOMING ONE WITH HIS SOUL?

You are trying to confuse the issue.  The scripture states:

HE HATH BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON

Viewing 20 posts - 2,401 through 2,420 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account