Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 2,281 through 2,300 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    God did 26 years ago.
    Now He reminds me of scripture.
    You should not teach about outside scripture.
    Not a good sign.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2008,18:05)
    Hi Oxy,
    God did 26 years ago.
    Now He reminds me of scripture.
    You should not teach about outside scripture.
    Not a good sign.

Nick, from the conversations we've had I am led to believe that you were born again 26 years ago, not baptised in the Holy Spirit.

26 years ago eh? That makes you my little brother. I received Christ 5 May 78. :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Jan. 21 2008,15:17)
    Nick, I have had similar discussions with a number of people. I have learned that those who have not been baptised in the Holy Spirit, evidenced by the gift of tongues and other miracles, will deny the person of the Holy Spirit, whereas those who have been baptised in the Holy Spirit and have the gifts of the Spirit, including tongues, recognise the person of the Holy Spirit.

Hi Oxy.

With all respect, where is this written?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 21 2008,19:35)

Nick, I have had similar discussions with a number of people.  I have learned that those who have not been baptised in the Holy Spirit, evidenced by the gift of tongues and other miracles, will deny the person of the Holy Spirit, whereas those who have been baptised in the Holy Spirit and have the gifts of the Spirit, including tongues, recognise the person of the Holy Spirit.

Hi Oxy.

With all respect, where is this written?

Hi t8, obviously I was talking of experiences/conversations with other people, so no, you won't find those conversations in the Bible.

However, I believe the following Scripture backs up my post.

Act 2:4 And they were all filled of the Holy Spirit, and began to speak in other languages, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:17 “And it shall be in the last days, says God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.

Act 19:6 And as Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Was speaking of his personal experience of people T8….he expressed a subjective opinion. You are allowed to do that here right?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2008,17:11)
    Hi Oxy,
    So God send HIS SPIRIT.
    He calls it MY SPIRIT in Jl2.
    But you think it is another person??

I don't see what the problem is Nick.  God sent His Son, God also sent His Holy Spirit.  

Nick, I have had similar discussions with a number of people.  I have learned that those who have not been baptised in the Holy Spirit, evidenced by the gift of tongues and other miracles, will deny the person of the Holy Spirit, whereas those who have been baptised in the Holy Spirit and have the gifts of the Spirit, including tongues, recognise the person of the Holy Spirit.

Hi Oxy,

1 Corinthians 2:10, 11

……but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

Here in Corinthians, God likens his Spirit unto our spirits. Meaning, only our spirits know our own minds. LIKEWISE, only God's Spirit knows his mind. Our spirits know our minds. This does not sound like *another person* to me.

Regarding being baptized and filled with the Spirit, and even receiving gifts, this has happened to me, however I have never known *another person* as the Holy Spirit even when I was a Trinitarian! I've only known God's Spirit – his personal spirit (as our spirits are our personal spirits as Corinthians testifies to).

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 21 2008,18:05)
    Was speaking of his personal experience of people T8….he expressed a subjective opinion. You are allowed to do that here right?

Sure you can expres your opinion. So long as

I have learned that those who have not been baptised in the Holy Spirit, evidenced by the gift of tongues and other miracles, will deny the person of the Holy Spirit, whereas those who have been baptised in the Holy Spirit and have the gifts of the Spirit, including tongues, recognise the person of the Holy Spirit.

isn't taken as gospel.

Proclaimer
    Participant

If the Father is the Father of all Spirits and he is a spirit, then the Holy Spirit as another person makes 2 Spirits that are suppose to be God.

In other words, it isn't scriptural.

Ephesians 4:4-6
    There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

There is one Spirit, not 2 Spirits in this context.

Son of Light
    Participant
    acertainchap
    Participant

John 10:28-29

28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

to all…….> i believe God is Spirit and all things came from that spirit, rather good or evil. Your spirit, Jesus' spirit,or anyone else's spirit came from that one source, and when our bodies die the spirit returns to Him who gave it. The question we maybe we should be talking about is what is Spirit. There are some interesting things said about spirit in the bible that seem to indicate it is intellect and is expressed by words. Jesus said the (words) I am speaking are Spirit and (they are life), and He said God was a Spirit, and again “in the beginning was the (word) and the (word) was with GOD and the (word) was GOD. It seems to imply if we have the Spirit in us then God is also in us. Jesus said the Father was in Him, and we are told in another place He had the fullness of the Spirit. It's almost like we are vessels and God can pour Himself into us. Remember when He said “I shall pour forth of my Spirit upon your sons and daughters. We are also compared to temples in which God can Dwell In. I am not sure if it's when we receive His words or we receive the awareness of truth that enables us to recognize God's truth expressed through His words. I believe it's the latter case.
    This is a very interesting subject……Peace to all…..gene

Son of Light
    Participant

I agree Gene.

I usually get called decieved whenever I discuss this.

Nick in particular thinks I am wishful thinking or wanting to be God.

I just am stating what I believe the evidence to be saying.

We are sons of God. Our spirits came from him. A spark of his nature is inside us and wants to be reconciled with him.

We have followed after the principalities and powers of the world. But God will adopt us back.

RECONCILIATION

that word by its very nature implies sometime in the past we were in unity, then we weren't and then we were again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    The Father of spirits, the Living God, is the source of all living things and all creation. That creation includes the spiritual beings that some falsely worship. We are not from among them existing in a previous realm before being enfleshed but rather we are sons of God through the breath He gave Adam.
    The spirit given us of the breath of God belongs to God and returns to him but our future hope is to inherit the earth ever alive with all the men of God in the eternal Spirit of God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Good to hear from you again on HeavenNet, bro Gene. Your posts are always so well thought out. I appreciate your point of view very much.

I also believe that we are hard-wired with something that only God can fill. We are essentially “missing” something until he fills that space. I remember the day it was filled in me! I've never been the same……even in my wandering…….he is still with me! :)

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 22 2008,18:29)
    Hi SOL,
    The Father of spirits, the Living God, is the source of all living things and all creation.  That creation includes the spiritual beings that some falsely worship. We are not from among them existing in a previous realm before being enfleshed but rather we are sons of God through the breath He gave Adam.
    The spirit given us of the breath of God belongs to God and returns to him but our future hope is to inherit the earth ever alive with all the men of God in the eternal Spirit of God.

How does the spirit God gives us enter into us?

Adam it was breathed. Still came from God, directly in fact.

Is it a NEW spirit created out of nothing in the womb?

I don't think so because it RETURNS to the Father who gave it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    I believe what was given to Adam is passed on, perhaps at conception.

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (Son of Light @ Jan. 22 2008,19:17)
    How does the spirit God gives us enter into us?

Adam it was breathed.  Still came from God, directly in fact.

Is it a NEW spirit created out of nothing in the womb?

I don't think so because it RETURNS to the Father who gave it.

Ecclesiastes 12-7

7 Then shall the adust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Matthew 10:20
    For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Remember what John the Baptist said, “I baptize you with water to repentance, but he (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”

This wasn't fulfilled until Jesus ascended back to heaven. John did not say that Jesus would send the Father, but the Spirit of the Father, that is the Holy Ghost. Jesus never sends the Father, the Father sends Jesus, but Jesus does send the Holy Spirit and identifies him as distinct from the Father. Jesus also said to baptize in the name of all three persons. So always distinguish all three persons. That is the gospel of the New Testament.

Steven

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mr Steve,
    The Verse you quote in matt 28 is said to be written as
    'baptising in my name..”
    by Eusebius who had a copy of the original in his library.

Jesus said he proceeded from God but the Spirit proceeds from God.
    He also referred to the Spirit as the Spirit of the Father.

Mr. Steve
    Participant

Hi Mr Steve,
    The Verse you quote in matt 28 is said to be written as
    'baptising in my name..”
    by Eusebius who had a copy of the original in his library.

Jesus said he proceeded from God but the Spirit proceeds from God.
    He also referred to the Spirit as the Spirit of the Father.

Nick;

That's all true but Jesus also referred to the holy spirit as a person many times, almost twenty times.

Steven

Viewing 20 posts - 2,281 through 2,300 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account