PENTECOST

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    journey42
    Participant

This is what Pentecost means to me, from the information provided in the scriptures.

The day of Pentecost was the day the holy spirit got poured out on to believers, to display the power of the spirit and for a sign to the Jews who believed not.

The Jews thought that these men were drunk with a new wine. Witnessing with their eyes, they still could not see.

The holy spirit as we know is the Spirit of Truth. The holy spirit teaches us the deep things of God, and it guides us to all truth.

On the same day Jesus was resurrected, he went to his father, and by the evening time, that same day, met with his apostles in Galilee. He breathed the holy spirit on to his apostles. This happened BEFORE the day of Pentecost. (John 20:22)

Now the holy spirit reveals all truth, and helps us to understand the Word of God. The more we read and study, and obey, the holy spirit grows inside of us.

Now most of us with the holy spirit do not go around speaking in different languages, or showing miraculous signs from heaven, but the truth dwells in us and grows. The holy spirit in a man is not obvious to the outside world.

The day of Pentecost was the holy spirit displaying it’s POWER This particular gift was evident, not all the gifts were displayed, but this gift, God speaking through one. It was for a witness against the Jews, and a sign for the gentiles watching who could understand in their own language the message straight from God.

This miraculous event that happened on the day of Pentecost was prophesied by Joel. This prophesy was played out in real life that day, an exhibition of what the Holy Spirit can do and was prophesied to happen again in the last days before the coming of Christ. The day of Pentecost was a snippet of what will be repeated again. A real life exhibition.

Because Joel prophesied of this same event and said it will happen in the LAST DAYS, before the great and notable day of the Lord.

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the LAST DAYS, saith God, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.

Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit: and they shall prophesy.

Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that SAME HOUR what ye shall speak.

Matthew 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Acts 2:19 And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:

Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord came.

SUN TURNED TO DARKNESS – 4th trumpet
    Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon,, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

The wonders in heaven and the signs in the earth beneath are revealed in revelations.

SIGNS IN THE EARTH BENEATH – 1ST TRUMPET
    Rev 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and FIRE mingled with BLOOD, and they were cast upon the EARTH: and the third part of trees was BURN’T up, and all green grass was burn’t up. (Smoke comes from fires)

2ND TRUMPET
    Rev 8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain BURNING with FIRE was cast into the sea, and the third part of the sea became BLOOD.

WONDERS IN HEAVEN – 3RD TRUMPET
    Rev 8:9 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from HEAVEN burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers and upon the fountains of waters.

IN THAT SAME HOUR – WHAT HOUR?
    Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that SAME HOUR what ye shall speak.

Rev 17:12 And the 10 horns, which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings ONE HOUR with the beast.

Not a literal hour, but during this short space.

So what happened on the day of Pentecost, was prophesied by Joel that it would happen In THE LAST DAYS before the 2nd coming of Christ, and these signs that are in the heavens, and on the earth, are an indication of time frame when the repeat of PENTECOST will happen. God’s will pour out his HS, displaying it’s power when the 10 kings receive authority for ONE HOUR.

This same HOUR will be when the Mark of the Beast is being introduced, and God will give a final warning to the world through his servants by filling them with the power of the HS….and will do it just like he did on the day of Pentecost, with a bang.

journey42
    Participant

I only just realised the connection of the scriptures last night regarding pentecost. I have been studying the scriptures for 30 years now, and never realised what I just wrote. We never stop learning. We never know it all, but knowledge gets added.

This proves to me, that it doesn't matter how long one has been studying for, but if we seek, we shall find.

Thank you Ed, for bringing Pentecost to my attention, I have learn't something new and rejoice in the spirit.

God's using us all to sharpen each other. I love the way he works.

And Ed, if you can provide scripture to disprove the connection revealed, then we will have to dig deeper.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Wake-up and everyone else,

Why it's important to know the seven feasts of God is because in them there is the recording of the Gospel:

1. The Passover (Pesach) – Nisan 14-15 (Leviticus 23:5)……………………Passover is the feast of (יה) YÄ's Salvation.
    2. Unleavened Bread (Chag Hamotzi) – Nisan 15-22 (Levi.23:6) ………Unleavened Bread is Jesus, the bread of life.
    3. First Fruits (Yom Habikkurim) – Nisan 16-17 (Leviticus 23:11)………..First Fruits is resurrection or victory over death.
    4. Pentecost (Shavu’ot) – Sivan 6-7 (Leviticus 23:16) …………………………Pentecost is “God’s Spirit” given to indwell in man.
    5. Trumpets (Yom Teru’ah) – Tishri 1 (Leviticus 23:24)…………………………Trumpets is our proclamation of liberty through faith.
    6. Atonement (Yom Kippur) – Tishri 10 (Leviticus 23:27)………………………is Jesus’ atoning sacrifice for our sins upon () a cross.
    7. Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) – Tishri 15-22 (Lev.23:34) ………………is the Feast of our ingathering unto The LORD our GOD.

Chanaukah symbolizes repentance, which is the rededication of life unto the LORD our GOD (יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm).

1) Jesus fulfills the passover, dying for the sins of mankind.
    2) Eat the passover seder (of unleavened bread)
        represents our belief that Jesus was sinless.

This point ends the first half of the 70th week (of years) recorded in Daniel 9:24-27.

3) Jesus is resurrected as the first fruits unto God.
    4) God’s “HolySpirit” given to indwell in man.

The Apostles complete the second half of the 70th week (of years) recorded in Daniel 9:24-27 by starting the…

5) The proclamation of faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice,
    6) which made the atonement for our souls (Lev.17:11),  
        bringing us into right standing with The LORD our God.

The Apostle Paul (Shaool) and others in the Church, bring the message of YHVH's salvation to the world. (Isaiah 49:6)

The first six of these feasts are already fulfilled; do you agree so far?

Before we go further in this study, I want to find out if we're in agreement so far? (Amos 3:3)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Pastry
    Participant

Journey42

Are you telling us that Jesus ascended to heaven twice?

Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Act 1:9 ¶ And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Georg

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,16:45)

Why it's important to know the seven feasts of God is because in them there is the recording of the Gospel:

1. The Passover (Pesach) – Nisan 14-15 (Leviticus 23:5)……………………Passover is the feast of (יה) YÄ's Salvation.
    2. Unleavened Bread (Chag Hamotzi) – Nisan 15-22 (Levi.23:6) ………Unleavened Bread is Jesus, the bread of life.
    3. First Fruits (Yom Habikkurim) – Nisan 16-17 (Leviticus 23:11)………..First Fruits is resurrection or victory over death.
    4. Pentecost (Shavu’ot) – Sivan 6-7 (Leviticus 23:16) …………………………Pentecost is “God’s Spirit” given to indwell in man.
    5. Trumpets (Yom Teru’ah) – Tishri 1 (Leviticus 23:24)…………………………Trumpets is our proclamation of liberty through faith.
    6. Atonement (Yom Kippur) – Tishri 10 (Leviticus 23:27)………………………is Jesus’ atoning sacrifice for our sins upon () a cross.
    7. Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) – Tishri 15-22 (Lev.23:34) ………………is the Feast of our ingathering unto The LORD our GOD.

Chanaukah symbolizes repentance, which is the rededication of life unto the LORD our GOD (יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm).

1) Jesus fulfills the passover, dying for the sins of mankind.
    2) Eat the passover seder (of unleavened bread)
        represents our belief that Jesus was sinless.

This point ends the first half of the 70th week (of years) recorded in Daniel 9:24-27.

3) Jesus is resurrected as the first fruits unto God.
    4) God’s “HolySpirit” given to indwell in man.

The Apostles complete the second half of the 70th week (of years) recorded in Daniel 9:24-27 by starting the…

5) The proclamation of faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice,
    6) which made the atonement for our souls (Lev.17:11),  
        bringing us into right standing with The LORD our God.

The Apostle Paul (Shaool) and others in the Church, bring the message of YHVH's salvation to the world. (Isaiah 49:6)

Before we go further in this study, I want to find out if we're in agreement so far? (Amos 3:3)

God bless

Hi Edj.

thank you for that,I am not too much into these feasts for they are celebrated by the israelites only.And they are a shadow of things to come.

The passover is fulfilled,Jesus died and resurected.
    Then pantecost the receiving of the Holy spirit,but not to all;
    only the apostles.For this was Jesus promise fulfilled (john 16:6.7.) he was addressing the apostles only. this part I dont agree with you saying that the crowd received the holy spirit also.

When the apostles started preaching ,the crowd heard their own language spoken in their ears.The holy spirit was not given to the crowd.

Paul was quoting Joel 2:28–32. this is of the very last days,during the 7 trumpets.
    Verse10.The earth shall quake before them:The heavens shall tremble:The sun and the moon shall be dark,and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

The feast of tabernacles is the gathering to God; this will only happen in the 1000yr reign.(zech14:16–21.)not today.

There is no holiness in the gatherings today,but divisions.
    And the 70 wks in daniel: you say that up to christ is the first 35 wks, and now the preaching is the last 35wks:
    How did you come to this conclusion? 35WKS=2000YRS+?

Hi EDJ.Do you believe ,the phisical kingdom is now? not after the coming?

God bless.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………There are seven Holy Days. They are relevant to GOD'S plan and Will for this Earth and Mankind.

1…………..The Passover..> Pictures the Passing over of our sins , It was originally a type of the deliverance of the Israelites from bondage of Egypt (a type of Sin) by God and was pointing to Jesus and  God  sacrificing him for the sin of the world and the applying the blood to the door posts.. This symbolically is represent by us applying Jesus Sacrifice to ourselves, the Lamb of GOD< Jesus the Christ.

2…………..The Days of unleavened Bread ……> this is a time period of ceasing from eating (taking to ones self) leavening (Sin is A TYPE of Leavening, it is what puffs up) So the Isrealites were prohibited from eating any thing with Leaven in it, (That which puffs up) (SINING)

3…………..Day of Pentecost….> Means count Fifty, it is also called the “Feast of First Fruits” and it does look forward to the First resurrection of all those who have had their sins forgiven then by the blood of Jesus Christ and have applied his life to themselves for their deliverance and Forgiveness. Because it is “BY GRACE YOUR HAVE BEEN SAVED, NOT OF WORKS LEST YOU BOAST”.

4…………..Feast of Trumpets…..> The intervention of God into human affairs and this announcement is given by a trumpet, “He (Jesus) shall decent with the voice of and archangel and the blast of a trumpet” , and the dead (IN) Christ shall rise this is the First PHYSICAL RESURRECTION to take place outside of Jesus Christ himself.

5…………> Atonement , (AT-ONE-MENT) This is where the First Fruits of the resurrection from the dead become alive and one with GOD and Jesus.

6…………> Feast of Tabernacles……….The largest of the Harvests it is call the FEAST of the end gathering it's the Big Harvest of the earth Both in Physical terms and Spiritual terms, This takes place at the end of the Millennial  reign of Jesus and the Saint on this earth. When the Dead in General are raised to be Judged by what they have done in their lives. Takes place at the end of the thousand year reign of Jesus and the Saints on this earth.

7…………> The LAST GREAT DAY………..> This is Where the Almighty GOD Comes and takes over this earth , this is where Jesus turns  (HIS) Kingdom over to GOD the FATHER and  GOD says it is finished, over, and behold I Make (ALL) thing New, His Seven Thousand year Plan has been completed at this point in time . This is where The Almighty GOD creator of Heaven and Earth Tabernacles with all  Mankind forever. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………………………………………………gene

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Jan. 07 2012,18:38)
    Journey42

Are you telling us that Jesus ascended to heaven twice?

Act 1:3   To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:  

Act 1:9 ¶ And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.  

Georg

Hi George

You can only get resurrected once. Ascending means TO GO UP. What do you make of these scriptures?

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, TOUCH ME NOT; for I am NOT YET ASCENDED TO MY FATHER: but go to my brethren, and say unto them. I ASCEND unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God and your God.

John 20:18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord and that he had spoken these things to her.

John 20:19 Then THAT SAME DAY at EVENING, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be with you.

John 20:20 And when he had so said, he showed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad when they saw the lord.

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as MY FATHER HAS SENT ME even so send I you.

John 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, RECEIVE YE THE HOLY GHOST:

John 20:26 And AFTER EIGHT DAYS again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Acts 1:2 Until the day in which he was TAKEN UP, AFTER THAT he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

Acts 1:3 To whom also HE SHOWED HIMSELF ALIVE after his passion by many infallible proofs, BEING SEEN OF THEM FORTY DAYS, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the HOLY GHOST is COME UPON YOU: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things while they beheld, he was TAKEN UP: and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Acts 1:10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, TWO MEN STOOD by them in WHITE APPAREL;

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is TAKEN UP from you into heaven, shall COME IN LIKE MANNER as ye have SEEN HIM GO INTO HEAVEN..

journey42
    Participant

Hi George

So yes, Jesus ascended into heaven twice.

The first time at his resurrection….Mary saw him before he ascended as a witness that he was risen from the dead,
    and he told her not to touch him till he has seen the Father….

then he returned that same day at evening time and showed himself to his apostles….and they were allowed to touch him, because he had already been to the Father…

he breathed on to his apostles the Holy Spirit

eight days later, he showed himself to Thomas
    and Jesus stayed here for forty days, teaching the appostles

On the 40th day, the apostles displayed the power of the Holy Spirit on day of Pentecost.

Then they witnessed Jesus ascending into heaven.

So yes, he ascended twice.
    but was only resurrected once.

Let me know if you disagree.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 08 2012,02:37)
    Hi Edj.

And the 70 wks in daniel: you say that up to christ is the first 35 wks, and now the preaching is the last 35wks:
    How did you come to this conclusion? 35WKS=2000YRS+?

God bless.
    wakeup.

Hi Wake-up, I said 1/2 of the 70th week.

THE SEVENTY WEEKS OF DANIEL 9:24-27 EXPLAINED.

The time line, regarding this, starts at 15:25 through to 52:30.
    Please listen all the way to the end count I have given you; OK?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 08 2012,02:37)
    Hi EDJ.Do you believe ,the phisical kingdom is now? not after the coming?

Hi Wake-up,

God's kingdom is “Spiritual” and God's Kingdom is here.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,16:45)

Hi Wake-up,

in addition to whatever else you want to say, WILL YOU PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS?

God bless

journey42
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 07 2012,15:12)
    This is what Pentecost means to me, from the information provided in the scriptures.  

The day of Pentecost was the day the holy spirit got poured out on to believers, to display the power of the spirit and for a sign to the Jews who believed not.

The Jews thought that these men were drunk with a new wine.  Witnessing with their eyes, they still could not see.

The holy spirit as we know is the Spirit of Truth.  The holy spirit teaches us the deep things of God, and it guides us to all truth.

On the same day Jesus was resurrected, he went to his father, and by the evening time, that same day, met with his apostles in Galilee.  He breathed the holy spirit on to his apostles.  This happened BEFORE the day of Pentecost. (John 20:22)

Now the holy spirit reveals all truth, and helps us to understand the Word of God.  The more we read and study, and obey, the holy spirit grows inside of us.  

Now most of us with the holy spirit do not go around speaking in different languages, or showing miraculous signs from heaven, but the truth dwells in us and grows.  The holy spirit in a man is not obvious to the outside world.

The day of Pentecost was the holy spirit displaying it’s POWER  This particular gift was evident, not all the gifts were displayed, but this gift, God speaking through one.  It was for a witness against the Jews, and a sign for the gentiles watching who could understand in their own language the message straight from God.

This miraculous event that happened on the day of Pentecost was prophesied by Joel.  This prophesy was played out in real life that day, an exhibition of what the Holy Spirit can do and was prophesied to happen again in the last days before the coming of Christ.  The day of Pentecost was a snippet of what will be repeated again.  A real life exhibition.

Because Joel prophesied of this same event and said it will happen in the LAST DAYS, before the great and notable day of the Lord.

Acts 2:17   And it shall come to pass in the LAST DAYS, saith God, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh:  and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.

Acts 2:18   And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit:  and they shall prophesy.

Matthew 10:19   But when they deliver they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak:  for it shall be given you in that SAME HOUR what ye shall speak.

Matthew 10:20   For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Acts 2:19   And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:

Acts 2:20   The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord came.

Rev 8:12   And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon,, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

The wonders in heaven and the signs in the earth beneath are revealed in revelations.

Rev 8:7   The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and FIRE mingled with BLOOD, and they were cast upon the EARTH:  and the third part of trees was BURN’T up, and all green grass was burn’t up. (Smoke comes from fires)

2ND TRUMPET
    Rev 8:8   And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain BURNING with FIRE was cast into the sea, and the third part of the sea became BLOOD.

Rev 8:9   And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from HEAVEN burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers and upon the fountains of waters.

Matthew 10:19   But when they deliver they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak:  for it shall be given you in that SAME HOUR what ye shall speak.

Rev 17:12  And the 10 horns, which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings ONE HOUR with the beast.

So what happened on the day of Pentecost, was prophesied by Joel that it would happen In THE LAST DAYS before the 2nd coming of Christ, and these signs that are in the heavens, and on the earth, are an indication of time frame when the repeat of PENTECOST will happen.  God’s will pour out his HS, displaying it’s power when the 10 kings receive authority for ONE HOUR.

This same HOUR will be when the Mark of the Beast is being introduced, and God will give a final warning to the world through his servants by filling them with the power of the HS….and will do it just like he did on the day of Pentecost, with a bang.

Hi Ed,

You wanted to discuss Pentecost with me.

You haven't acknowledged what I wrote yet.

What say you?

Pastry
    Participant

journey42

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, TOUCH ME NOT; for I am NOT YET ASCENDED TO MY FATHER: but go to my brethren, and say unto them. I ASCEND unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God and your God.

I do see why you believe what you said; however, I am not convinced that is what it means.
    Because, what would have been the reason for him to ascend twice?

Hbr 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

This I believe happened what you read in Acts 1:9, because

Hbr 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

How was Jesus being “made” so much better than the angels?

Jhn 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Having life in himself means, being immortal, just as the Father always has been.
    The angels have eternal life, but they are not immortal.
    Jesus is now a divine being, his countenance is as bright as the sun.

Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength.

Remember what happened to Paul when Jesus appeared to him?

Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, [even] Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

If Jesus had received his reward the first time he ascended, he could not have appeared to any one again; and if he did not receive his reward; then what was the purpose of him ascending?

Jesus ascended on the 40th day; Pentecost was on the 50th day.
    btw, I was not talking about his resurrection.

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 08 2012,22:15)

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 07 2012,15:12)

The Jews thought that these men were drunk with a new wine.  Witnessing with their eyes, they still could not see.

The holy spirit as we know is the Spirit of Truth.  The holy spirit teaches us the deep things of God, and it guides us to all truth.

On the same day Jesus was resurrected, he went to his father, and by the evening time, that same day, met with his apostles in Galilee.  He breathed the holy spirit on to his apostles.  This happened BEFORE the day of Pentecost. (John 20:22)

Now the holy spirit reveals all truth, and helps us to understand the Word of God.  The more we read and study, and obey, the holy spirit grows inside of us.  

Now most of us with the holy spirit do not go around speaking in different languages, or showing miraculous signs from heaven, but the truth dwells in us and grows.  The holy spirit in a man is not obvious to the outside world.

The day of Pentecost was the holy spirit displaying it’s POWER  This particular gift was evident, not all the gifts were displayed, but this gift, God speaking through one.  It was for a witness against the Jews, and a sign for the gentiles watching who could understand in their own language the message straight from God.

This miraculous event that happened on the day of Pentecost was prophesied by Joel.  This prophesy was played out in real life that day, an exhibition of what the Holy Spirit can do and was prophesied to happen again in the last days before the coming of Christ.  The day of Pentecost was a snippet of what will be repeated again.  A real life exhibition.

Acts 2:17   And it shall come to pass in the LAST DAYS, saith God, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh:  and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.

Acts 2:18   And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit:  and they shall prophesy.

Matthew 10:20   For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Acts 2:19   And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke:

Acts 2:20   The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord came.

Rev 8:12   And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon,, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Rev 8:7   The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and FIRE mingled with BLOOD, and they were cast upon the EARTH:  and the third part of trees was BURN’T up, and all green grass was burn’t up. (Smoke comes from fires)

2ND TRUMPET
    Rev 8:8   And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain BURNING with FIRE was cast into the sea, and the third part of the sea became BLOOD.

Rev 8:9   And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from HEAVEN burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers and upon the fountains of waters.

Rev 17:12  And the 10 horns, which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings ONE HOUR with the beast.

So what happened on the day of Pentecost, was prophesied by Joel that it would happen In THE LAST DAYS before the 2nd coming of Christ, and these signs that are in the heavens, and on the earth, are an indication of time frame when the repeat of PENTECOST will happen.  God’s will pour out his HS, displaying it’s power when the 10 kings receive authority for ONE HOUR.

Hi Ed,

You wanted to discuss Pentecost with me.

You haven't acknowledged what I wrote yet.

What say you?

Hi journey42,

You appear to understand the fulfillment of Prophecy,
    that is: what you see as being fulfilled. It is the stuff you
    are putting off into the future, that you missed the fulfillment of.

So will you please answer my question (the first post on this page)?

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ED J……….. I also tend to agree with Journey42 on this brother, The Great and Notable Day of the LORD (GOD ALMIGHTY) does not come until the end of the Millennial reign of Jesus and the Saints on this earth. At the end of the thousand year reign comes those seven trumpets of GOD. IMO

peace and love …………………………………………………….gene

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Jan. 08 2012,22:40)
    journey42

John 20:17   Jesus saith unto her, TOUCH ME NOT; for I am NOT YET ASCENDED TO MY FATHER: but go to my brethren, and say unto them.  I ASCEND unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God and your God.

I do see why you believe what you said; however, I am not convinced that is what it means.
    Because, what would have been the reason for him to ascend twice?

Hbr 1:3   Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;  

This I believe happened what you read in Acts 1:9, because

Hbr 1:4   Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.  

How was Jesus being “made” so much better than the angels?

Jhn 5:26   For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;  

Having life in himself means, being immortal, just as the Father always has been.
    The angels have eternal life, but they are not immortal.
    Jesus is now a divine being, his countenance is as bright as the sun.

Rev 1:16   And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength.  

Remember what happened to Paul when Jesus appeared to him?

Act 9:17   And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, [even] Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.  

If Jesus had received his reward the first time he ascended, he could not have appeared to any one again; and if he did not receive his reward; then what was the purpose of him ascending?

Georg

Greetings George

Christ received his reward as soon as he was resurrected from the dead. Everlasting life. But the full reward of his power, glory & authority will be displayed at his second coming for the whole world to witness.

I believe the reason for Christ to ascend twice is simple.

There needed to be a witness that he rose from the dead, and that he had not yet been to the Father. Mary is the first witness.

And Mary took this witness and message to the apostles, that Christ would return in the evening and meet them in Galilee.

So the next witness, was the apostles that same day, he appeared to the 11 apostles. But this time, he had already been to the Father, so the apostles were witnesses that Christ rose from the dead, ascended to his Father, and now was back to prove to them that he lives.

He breathed the Holy Spirit on to them that day.

He met up with Thomas 8 days later (John 20:26)

Acts 1:3 says that Christ was seen of his apostles for forty days after he showed himself alive.

On the day of pentecost, the Appostles, witnessed Jesus ascending to his father.

Nobody witnessed this the first time he ascended. He only told Mary not to touch him, because he hadn't been to his Father yet. So he was going to his father real soon, now, she only witnessed his words, but didn't witness him ascending.

And later that same day he let his apostles touch his hand, so this means that he had already been to the Father.

So it was all for a witness, and also for the purpose of giving his apostles the Holy Spirit personally as promised, and teaching them for 40 days.

Another thing to consider is that once one is changed to spirit, they can go back and forth to heaven as many times as they like. Jesus may of showed himself to the apostles for 40 days, but what's to say that he didn't travel back and forth to heaven during that time. He only revealed himself ascending the last time….but we don't know for sure that he traveled back and forth because it doesn't say. He may of or he may not of.

Also, can you please show me where it says in the scriptures that the day of Pentecost was on the 50th day, because I've searched the scriptures and can't find it, and may of missed it.

kind regards
    Journey

journey42
    Participant

Hi Ed

The passover was for the Israelites.

Numbers 9:5 And they kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the first month at even in the wilderness of Sinai: according to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so did the children of Israel.

Exodus 12:27 That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

The apostles celebrated the passover, as they were still under the Law.

Jesus took part also in the passover because he was obedient to his Father unto death.

Jesus did not break one commandment.

The passover, was in remembrance of all the Israelite boys who got spared during the days of Egypt.

What I don't understand fully yet, is if Jesus became that passover, then why was he killed? For that is not what the passover represented.

but I cannot refute what the scriptures say, that Christ was that passover.

1 Corinthians 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

But we know Christ was resurrected and conquered death.

So this can only mean to me that Christ took on the sins of the whole world, and died in their place. And the passover takes on a new meaning. Not spared, but killed.

And if Christ was persecuted, then the saints have to follow suit. To take on this new meaning of the passover, with a new twist to it? To die at the hands of the unrighteous, for the sake of the righteous (our Father, and our Lord, and all our brethren)?

Now with the old passover meaning, like those who were spared in Egypt, these scriptures come to me

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

So to me this looks like those with the seal of God will not be touched by the angels pouring out the wrath of God during this 5th trumpet. They will be spared, as in the days of Egypt. Just like the passover.

and this one

Rev 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshiped his image.

So again, those without the mark of the beast will not be touched. Only those with the mark. Same as the passover. They will be spared.

This is all I understand at the moment, trying to work things out in my head from the scriptures.
    Maybe you can educate me if I've missed something? I am happy to learn.

blessings

journey42
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 09 2012,16:00)
    Hi Ed

The passover was for the Israelites.

Numbers 9:5   And they kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the first month at even in the wilderness of Sinai: according to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so did the children of Israel.

Exodus 12:27   That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

The apostles celebrated the passover, as they were still under the Law.

Jesus took part also in the passover because he was obedient to his Father unto death.

Jesus did not break one commandment.

The passover, was in remembrance of all the Israelite boys who got spared during the days of Egypt.

What I don't understand fully yet, is if Jesus became that passover, then why was he killed?  For that is not what the passover represented.

but I cannot refute what the scriptures say, that Christ was that passover.

1 Corinthians 5:7   Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

But we know Christ was resurrected and conquered death.

So this can only mean to me that Christ took on the sins of the whole world, and died in their place.  And the passover takes on a new meaning.  Not spared, but killed.

And if Christ was persecuted, then the saints have to follow suit.  To take on this new meaning of the passover, with a new twist to it?  To die at the hands of the unrighteous, for the sake of the righteous (our Father, and our Lord, and all our brethren)?

Now with the old passover meaning, like those who were spared in Egypt, these scriptures come to me

Rev 9:4   And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

So to me this looks like those with the seal of God will not be touched by the angels pouring out the wrath of God during this 5th trumpet.  They will be spared, as in the days of Egypt.  Just like the passover.

and this one

Rev 16:2   And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshiped his image.  

So again, those without the mark of the beast will not be touched. Only those with the mark.  Same as the passover.  They will be spared.

This is all I understand at the moment, trying to work things out in my head from the scriptures.
    Maybe you can educate me if I've missed something?  I am happy to learn.

blessings

Can somebody tell me please,

Is it just my screen, or is the font size on my previous post getting smaller and smaller?

I have a new computer and trying to work it out.

Thanks.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 09 2012,13:02)

Georg

Greetings George

Christ received his reward as soon as he was resurrected from the dead.  Everlasting life.  But the full reward of his power, glory & authority will be displayed at his second coming for the whole world to witness.

I believe the reason for Christ to ascend twice is simple.

There needed to be a witness that he rose from the dead, and that he had not yet been to the Father.  Mary is the first witness.

And Mary took this witness and message to the apostles, that Christ would return in the evening and meet them in Galilee.  

So the next witness, was the apostles that same day, he appeared to the 11 apostles.  But this time, he had already been to the Father, so the apostles were witnesses that Christ rose from the dead, ascended to his Father, and now was back to prove to them that he lives.

He breathed the Holy Spirit on to them that day.

He met up with Thomas 8 days later (John 20:26)

Acts 1:3 says that Christ was seen of his apostles for forty days after he showed himself alive.

On the day of pentecost, the Appostles, witnessed Jesus ascending to his father.

Nobody witnessed this the first time he ascended.  He only told Mary not to touch him, because he hadn't been to his Father yet.  So he was going to his father real soon, now, she only witnessed his words, but didn't witness him ascending.

And later that same day he let his apostles touch his hand, so this means that he had already been to the Father.

So it was all for a witness, and also for the purpose of giving his apostles the Holy Spirit personally as promised, and teaching them for 40 days.

Another thing to consider is that once one is changed to spirit, they can go back and forth to heaven as many times as they like.  Jesus may of showed himself to the apostles for 40 days, but what's to say that he didn't travel back and forth to heaven during that time.  He only revealed himself ascending the last time….but we don't know for sure that he traveled back and forth because it doesn't say.  He may of or he may not of.

Also, can you please show me where it says in the scriptures that the day of Pentecost was on the 50th day, because I've searched the scriptures and can't find it, and may of missed it.

kind regards
    Journey[/quote]
    ————————————————–

Jesus, as all the angels, already have eternal life; what Jesus did not have was, immortality.

Luk 24:36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace [be] unto you.  

Remember, they were in a locked room.

Luk 24:37   But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.  

Why did they think they had seen a spirit (ghost)?
    First; they did not recognize him.
    second; he had come in, but not through the door.

Luk 24:38   And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?  

third; that is why he sowed them his hands and feet.
    Jesus had to take on the form of a man, as a spirit they would not have been able to see hm.

Luk 24:39   Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.  

Luk 24:40   And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them [his] hands and [his] feet.  

The day of Pentecost; feast of weeks (7 weeks)

Lev 23:10   Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:  

Lev 23:11   And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.  

“””the morrow after the sabbath”””  Sunday morning, the Sabbath after the passover.

Lev 23:15 ¶ And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:  

Lev 23:16   Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.  

Georg

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Jan. 09 2012,16:03)
    Can somebody tell me please,

Is it just my screen, or is the font size on my previous post getting smaller and smaller?

I have a new computer and trying to work it out.  

Thanks.

Hi Georgie,

That happens because you switch the order of the “HTML Code” you used, for example

This way it won't happen…   {B}{color=blue} njcoiehoieoi {/color}{/b}

This way it WILL happen…   {B}{color=blue} njcoiehoieoi {/b} ↔ {/color}

Note: [] must be used instead of {}

This way it won't happen…   {B}{color=blue} njcoiehoieoi {/color}{/b}

This way it WILL happen…   {B}{color=blue} njcoiehoieoi {/b} ↔ {/color}

You can also fix it with {size=2} See I fixed it here

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account