Omnipresent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….we are not like the animals because the spirt (intellect) of an animal does not assend up to Him who gave it, as mans does.

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit (intellect) in man and the inspiration of the ALMIGHTY give them understanding.

Ecc 3:21….> Who knows the spirit of man that goes upward, and the spirit of the beast that goes downward to the earth?

Pro 20:27…> The Spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Mans Spirit is the light in Him and it belongs to GOD and Returns to Him when He dies, as scripture shows brother. IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 27 2009,17:21)
    Hi KW,
    The breath of God is neither His soul nor His Spirit any more than ours is.

You must be reborn from above to share the Spirit of God.

Till we are reborn we are as the animals with our own spirit only. Eccl, Rom8,

Unless we find the fountain of waters of eternal life in Jesus[jn7] our natural life ends at death [jas2] till we are raised at the Judgement.

You took what I said way too literally.  I doubt God even breaths since he does not have living flesh as we know it.  That is speculative since we not told whether or not God breaths and I do not consider finding out important.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    What is wrong with believeing what is written rather than what we can own by understanding?
    No natural man has the Spirit of God and the fruit proves it.
    You must be reborn of the Spirit of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……. YOU say (NO) “natural” man has the spirit from GOD right? and their fruit prove it, SO when a “natural” man goes to work and provides for his family and takes care of his children and helps his friends , is that all evil fruit to you, and GOD has nothing to do with it, You are greatly in error on this one brother. (ALL) Spirit is from GOD both GOOD AND EVIL, Spirit is (INTELLECT)or THOUGHT Not a Person. WORDS (ARE) SPIRIT either good or evil but they Still (ARE) SPIRIT brother. And (ALL) Spirit in a person goes Back to who gave it in the first place. The only difference between the GODLY and the UNGODLY is the GODLY have something added to them (THE INTELLECT OF TRUTH) (HOLY SPIRIT) Which gives us the ability to understand or see the Truth from existing good and evil intellects or Spirits. Those who have it have a greater since of awareness. The word of GOD is HIS personal intellect of truth and wisdom expressed by words through his messengers and given to us, and HIS Spirit of truth enables us to understand it. It's all a gift and a (WORK) of (ONE GOD)> IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So the righteous behaviours of natural men prove they all have the Spirit?

Nonsense.
    You have left truth way behind.

Read Romans and you will see it means the law is still written on their conscience.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    If God lives in everyone already by His Spirit then God is of sin and Jesus did not need to come.
    Wake up before it is too late as both these consequences of your follies are dangerous.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,02:19)
    Hi KW,
    What is wrong with believeing what is written rather than what we can own by understanding?
    No natural man has the Spirit of God and the fruit proves it.
    You must be reborn of the Spirit of God.

2 Corinthians 3:6(NIV) reads:

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Personally I prefer to live but if you wish to choose death then what can I do to prevent you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    In what way does not finding written that all men already have the Spirit of God consign me to death?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,08:43)
    G,
    So the righteous behaviours of natural men prove they all have the Spirit?

Nonsense.
    You have left truth way behind.

Read Romans and you will see it means the law is still written on their conscience.

Nick…….All have SPIRIT in them , I did not say (THE SPIRIT) meaning HOLY SPIRIT,  did I, but scripture say the Spirit return to God who gave it. so to deny it belongs to GOD is to deny scripture. There is both good and evil spirit (intellect or thought). And men do both good and evil in there lives.

peace and love…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Is all spirit actually the Spirit of God?

ECCEcclesiastes 3:21
    Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Rom8
    Romans 8:16
    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And what of evil spirits?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,08:44)
    Hi KW,
    In what way does not finding written that all men already have the Spirit of God consign me to death?

To put your faith in what is written instead of in the One who spoke it is foolishness and will lead misinterpreting the scripture.

Proverbs 14:12(KJV) reads:

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

God does not always speak plainly and to assume he does is deceiving.  Why do you think Jesus spoke in parables.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….get it in your head i am not saying all have the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD IN THEM. BUT all (ARE) given SPIRIT or they could not even think or form thoughts or talk. GOD enlightens (every) man coming into the world. He gves them Spirit. As I said along time ago you do not know what SPIRIT (IS)> IMO

peace and love brother………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Should we rather listen to you?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,09:06)
    G,
    If God lives in everyone already by His Spirit then God is of sin and Jesus did not need to come.
    Wake up before it is too late as both these consequences of your follies are dangerous.

NIck ……ALL spirit is of from God , God himself is spirit and he is in all things , how do you think he is omnipresent and Knows all thoughts in everyone. There is not one thought that is hidden from Him good or evil. More then living in everyone he also lives in everything that exists in his whole creation even the animals; life is GOD HIMSELF. WE both live and have our being in him. IMO

Yes Jesus did need to come because GOD is also JUST and sin had to be atoned for. IMO

love and peace to you…………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,12:39)
    Hi KW,
    Should we rather listen to you?

I believe I said listen to God and do not be deceived by the letter of scriptures.  You should listen to Him no matter how He chooses to speak and what tools He chooses to speak with.

Here are some critical points according to what I have learned.

Who is God and what does he want of His people?

There is more but that is a start.  What are your suggestions?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ April 28 2009,17:43)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,09:06)
    G,

NIck ……ALL spirit is of from God , God himself is spirit and he is in all things , how do you think he is omnipresent and Knows all thoughts in everyone. There is not one thought that is hidden from Him good or evil. More then living in everyone he also lives in everything that exists in his whole creation even the animals;  life is GOD HIMSELF. WE both live and have our being in him.  IMO

Yes Jesus did need to come because GOD is also JUST and sin had to be atoned for. IMO

love and peace to you…………….gene

G,
    Your new age teachings about God being life do not fit with our bible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Rather than beginning with man's theology we should start with the written evidence.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You say
    “Nick……….get it in your head i am not saying all have the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD IN THEM.”
    Then you say

” More then living in everyone he also lives in everything that exists in his whole creation even the animals;”

So some of God's Spirit is holy and is not in everything and some is not holy and is??

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 28 2009,12:56)
    Hi KW,
    Rather than beginning with man's theology we should start with the written evidence.

So is God only testified of in writing or is He everywhere?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Lots of people think God speaks to them but many of their fellow inmates think they are Napoleon or Mussolini so it is necessary to have a solid reference point and the scriptures are that for us. The Spirit does not speak of His own initiative but refers us back to the teachings of scripture which Jesus told us were the solid rock.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account