New World translation inconsistencies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

TO ALL:

Why does the NWT translate “ego eimi” (I am) in reference to Jesus inconsistently:

John 8: 24, 28, 58; 13:19:

8:24: For if you do not believe that I am [he], YOU will die in YOUR sins.”

8:28: Therefore Jesus said: “When once YOU have lifted up the Son of man, then YOU will know that I am [he],

8:58: Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been.”

13:19: From this moment on I am telling YOU before it occurs, in order that when it does occur YOU may believe that I am [he].

Please note that the NWT translates “ego eimi” correctly in all verses but John 8:58 where they change it to the perfect “I have been.”

Hmmmm…. Do you think that the translators were hiding something?

In the NWT this verse, Isaiah 43:10, reads, “‘YOU are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none.’” Jesus uses the very same phrase of Himself in John 13:19, which explains how His revelation of the future would aid the disciples to have true faith in Him; for only God can know the future. It likewise explains why the Jews reacted as they did when Jesus used this phrase in 8:58; for only God has always existed. It also explains why the soldiers who would have no knowledge of the Hebrew Scriptures would fall back on the ground when Christ identified Himself as the very I Am; for only God’s own presence could cause this involuntary reaction. In each instance those who heard Jesus recognized that He was God, or that He was claiming to be so.

When we review the entire record of John’s use of this phrase, the NWT’s inconsistency is strikingly evident, as is the utter futility of its attempt to hide this truth. The NWT does not mistranslate ego eimi in these other instances. In John 8:24 the NWT has “I am [he].” In John 13:19 and 18:5–6 the same translation appears. By attempting to hide this truth in just one instance, the translation testifies to its own inconsistency and its true purpose. When we approach the disputed text by first examining verses in which the NWT accurately renders the phrase so as to view the text in a wider context, we can avoid much of the argumentation and defense that Witnesses offer and can present the truth clearly to them.

Titus 2:13 & 2 Peter 1:11: JESUS “OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR”:

Another excellent example of how one can actually use the errant or strained translations of the NWT to the advantage of the truth is found in the Bible’s description of Jesus as our “God and Savior” in Titus 2:13 and 2 Peter 1:1. In both instances we have an example of a syntactical7 formula in the Greek language known as Granville Sharp’s Rule, and once again, as soon as grammar enters most conversations, those involved will be looking to move elsewhere very quickly. In addition, Witnesses who are better read can always find a translation here or a scholar there to provide support for the NWT rendering. As with the previous example, however, when we take a wider approach we not only can demonstrate the bias and error of the NWT, but we can give a memorable testimony to the truth as well.

Compare the NASB and the NWT on these passages:

Titus 2:13:        “…looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus” (NASB).

“…while we wait for the happy hope and glorious manifestation of the great God and of [the] Savior of us, Christ Jesus” (NWT).

2 Peter 1:1:      “…by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (NASB).

“…by the righteousness of our God and [the] Savior Jesus Christ” (NWT).

The NWT clearly seeks to put as much distance as possible between the terms “God” and “Savior,” while the NASB equates the two, describing one person, Jesus Christ, as both “God and Savior.” The Watchtower Society, which denies the deity of Christ, obviously cannot describe Him as “God and Savior,” so a wide variety of arguments have been developed to substantiate their translation; again, however, context allows the believer to establish the truth without first obtaining a degree in Greek syntax.

The context of the passage in Titus 2 indicates that only one person is in view: Christians are looking for the appearing, the coming, of Jesus Christ. The sentence continues into verse 14 with only one person, Christ, in view. He “gave Himself” to “purify for Himself” a people. This language is reminiscent of the redemptive work of Jehovah with reference to Israel (e.g., Ps. 130:7–8; Ezek. 37:23; Exod. 19:5), but here it is speaking of the work of Jesus Christ in particular. There is simply no reason to insert a gratuitous and unnatural reference to the Father into the middle of this passage unless your real reasons have nothing to do with the context or language but everything to do with your theology, as is the case with the NWT.

Being only part of the opening lines of an epistle (or “letter”), 2 Peter 1:1 does not have the kind of contextual support we find surrounding Titus 2:13. The epistle of 2 Peter as a whole, however, provides a powerful example of the inconsistency of the NWT and its blatant theological bias. Compare a transliteration of the Greek text of the last phrase in verse 1 (“…our God and Savior, Jesus Christ”) with the text only 10 verses later:

tou theou hemon kai soteros Iesou Christou (v. 1)

tou kuriou hemon kai soteros Iesou Christou (v. 11)

These phrases are grammatically and syntactically identical, with only one variation: the Greek term theou (the genitive singular form of the word “God”) in verse 1 over against the term kuriou (the genitive singular form of the word “Lord”) in verse 11.

The NWT gives itself away by translating the phrase in verse 11 correctly: “…our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” In fact, we likewise find identical grammatical constructions in 2 Peter 2:20 and 3:18 that the NWT translates correctly. The only reason for the NWT’s rendering in 2 Peter 1:1 is clear: their theology demands it and precludes the correct rendering. By starting with 2 Peter 1:11, then examining 2:20 and 3:18, and moving back to 1:1, we can demonstrate the theological bias of the translation, hopefully laying the foundation for further discussion of the specifics of the passage.

http://www.equip.org/article….slation

thinker

terraricca
    Participant

hi TK
    the scriptures teaches that God and Christ are two beings not one as in the trinity seeing in this way is not a contradiction to the spirit of Christ.
    the you see it i believe ,you make one scripture go against another one for what reason?????
    the truth cannot be divided.or does it???????????????????????

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 18 2009,06:17)
    hi TK
    the scriptures teaches that God and Christ are two beings not one as in the trinity seeing in this way is not a contradiction to the spirit of Christ.
    the you see it i believe ,you make one scripture go against another one for what reason?????
    the truth cannot be divided.or does it???????????????????????

t,
    You answered TK on the wrong thread.

thinker

terraricca
    Participant

hi Tinker
    no its the right one just answer the questions

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 18 2009,06:36)
    hi Tinker
    no its the right one just answer the questions

I am more interested in David answering the inconsistencies in his NWT translation. If you wanted me to answer then why did you address TK?

thinker

terraricca
    Participant

my mistake sorry thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

TO DAVID:

Where are you?

thinker

david
    Participant

Hi Thinker, as for the “savior” scriptures, why not discuss them in one of the many “savior” threads I created just for you? (Is it because you like to hurl accusations but not actually discuss?)

The truth of course, is, the NWT renders each word far more consistently than most translations. Because of this, it is often accused of being too literal, and hard to read. (It is a study Bible.)

Why does the NWT translate “ego eimi” (I am) in reference to Jesus inconsistently:

THINKER, FIRST, you seem to be creating the false idea that translators don't do this all the time, thousands of times in each Bible.

It's a fact that most words in Greek or Hebrew are translated in more than one way, depending on the context, etc.

Please do not create the false argument that it is “inconsistent” to do so. If such was the case, I know with certainty that you would find the NWT is far more consistent than the vast majority of Bibles. (They tend to use fewer meanings and try to have each word represent another words to the best of their abilities, and where they can do so.)

I will discuss the “I AM” thing here, and pretend like it hasn't been discussed 48 times already on this forum. (I'm starting to think each scripture like this should have it's own section.)

Really, this “I AM” thing…I could create another “title confusion trick” thread devoted to this.

It's the same old trick. Problem with this one, as with almost every other one, is that others ….and in this case NUMEROUS OTHERS have said: “I am.” In the Bible I would imagine HUNDREDS of people used that expression.
    Were each of them cleverly indicating they were part of the trinity, as Jesus was?
    It was very clever of Jesus (and these others) to contain their secret message in a sentence that seems to say something completely different, by using the most common verb on the planet, regardless of language! Very clever indeed!

I just thought of something hilarious. Because I've had this conversation before, (many times on here) I was going to suggest you find one of those conversations… SEARCH IT…. How many times do you think we have used the phrase “I am” on this forum? Bazillions? Maybe only millions.

What are the chances that Jesus at some point would utter the words “I am”?

And if you look at the phrase, it was a question of AGE, not IDENTITY.

Yes, this is the exact same trick. I think I shall start another “title confusion trick” thread on this subject. In the meantime, start here:

It is the exact subject you discuss. The NWT and “I am.”

http://examiningthetrinity.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-am-part-1.html

KangarooJack
    Participant

David said:

Hi Thinker, as for the “savior” scriptures, why not discuss them in one of the many “savior” threads I created just for you?  (Is it because you like to hurl accusations but not actually discuss?)

David,
    I started this thread BEFORE you started the savior threads. It is about the NWT's inconsistencies in translation.

David:

The truth of course, is, the NWT renders each word far more consistently than most translations.

This is obviously not the case. The rendering of ego eimi as “I have been” in John 8:58 is a good case in point. The NWT translators rendered ego eimi literally everywhere else but John 8:58 exposing their Christological bias.

David:

THINKER, FIRST, you seem to be creating the false idea that translators don't do this all the time, thousands of times in each Bible.

It's a fact that most words in Greek or Hebrew are translated in more than one way, depending on the context, etc.

So what in the context in John 8:58 requires ego eimi to be translated in a non literal fashion? Answer: Nothing in the context requires this. The rendering “I have been” was totally based in presupposition because a literal rendering seriously threatened that presupposition. Come on David. Show us why the context requires ego iemi to be rendered “I have been.”

David:

It's the same old trick.  Problem with this one, as with almost every other one, is that others ….and in this case NUMEROUS OTHERS have said: “I am.”  In the Bible I would imagine HUNDREDS of people used that expression.
    Were each of them cleverly indicating they were part of the trinity, as Jesus was?

How many others said, “If you believe not that I Am you shall die in your sins?” And did others say “I have been.” Your explanations are quite silly David.

David:

And if you look at the phrase, it was a question of AGE, not IDENTITY.

So Jesus meant that if they did not believe that He was a certain age they would die in their sins? Come on!

23 And He said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins.”

28Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am, and that I do nothing of Myself;

Christ's I AM statements in 23 & 28 clearly refer to His identity and does not  mystically and magically change meaning in verse 58. You insinuate that men will die in their sins because they do not believe that Christ is of a certain age. Ridiculous!

David:

Because I've had this conversation before, (many times on here) I was going to suggest you find one of those conversations…  SEARCH IT….  How many times do you think we have used the phrase “I am” on this forum?  Bazillions?  Maybe only millions.

Your treatment of ego eimi is just as silly now as bazillions of times before. Jesus was saying that if they did not believe WHO HE WAS  (Identity) that they would die in their sins of which you are in danger.

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker………But we know who Jesus is , he is the son of Man born by Mary and Having recieved GOD'S Spirit became a son of GOD even as we are who have Gods Spirit in them, We know he died for the sins of the world, we know he was brought into existence at his berth on earth , we Know he is the offspring of King David, we Know he was the Lamb of GOD, we Know he spoke the words of GOD our and OUR FATHER, as well as HIS GOD and HIS FATHER. What does (I AM) have to do with making HIM A GOD? I AM is mentioned thousands of times in scripture and simply means (its me) and nothing More , trying to transpose that I am to where GOD told Moses to say I AM that I AM, has sent him and connecting that to Jesus is Just another Trinitarin Trick to push there false Doctrine of the trinity.

gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 30 2009,04:24)
    thinker………But we know who Jesus is , he is the son of Man born by Mary and Having recieved GOD'S Spirit became a son of GOD even as we are who have Gods Spirit in them, We know he died for the sins of the world, we know he was brought into existence at his berth on earth , we Know he is the offspring of King David, we Know he was the Lamb of GOD, we Know he spoke the words of GOD our and OUR  FATHER,  as well as HIS GOD and HIS FATHER. What does (I AM) have to do with making HIM A GOD? I AM is mentioned thousands of times in scripture and simply means (its me) and nothing More , trying to transpose that I am to where GOD told Moses to say I AM that I AM, has sent him and connecting that to Jesus is Just another Trinitarin Trick to push there false Doctrine of the trinity.

gene

Gene,
    It's not just “I AM.” It's “BEFORE Abraham was I AM.”

Get it now?

Btw, the trinitarian doctrine does not need to be “pushed.” Trinitarian truth reigns.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ Dec. 29 2009,12:41)

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 30 2009,04:24)
    thinker………But we know who Jesus is , he is the son of Man born by Mary and Having recieved GOD'S Spirit became a son of GOD even as we are who have Gods Spirit in them, We know he died for the sins of the world, we know he was brought into existence at his berth on earth , we Know he is the offspring of King David, we Know he was the Lamb of GOD, we Know he spoke the words of GOD our and OUR  FATHER,  as well as HIS GOD and HIS FATHER. What does (I AM) have to do with making HIM A GOD? I AM is mentioned thousands of times in scripture and simply means (its me) and nothing More , trying to transpose that I am to where GOD told Moses to say I AM that I AM, has sent him and connecting that to Jesus is Just another Trinitarin Trick to push there false Doctrine of the trinity.

gene

Gene,

Get it now?

Btw, the trinitarian doctrine does not need to be “pushed.” Trinitarian truth reigns.

thinker

Jack

Good point!

WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Dec. 30 2009,04:41)

Gene,

Get it now?

thinker

Hi thinker

The standardized translation of ‘I am that I am’ can be proven to be wrong;
    yet the N.W.T. (JW's) version of the Bible has this phrase (אהיה אשר אהיה) translated correctly.

Exodus 3:14 in the N.W.T.: …“I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE”…

The AKJV linguists successfully translated the phrase אהיה into “I WILL” hundreds of times in the “Old Testament”.
    The AKJV translators also added words (which they italicized) to aid in translational differences;
    they did this practice throughout the bible so as to NOT corrupt it!

The AKJV linguists should have translated אהיה אשר אהיה into “I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE” (“Will be”=63 and “YHVH”=63);
    this can be proven! The phrase ‘i am’ cannot be translated back into Hebrew; for it ‘i am’ is the product of man.
    ‘i am’ has now turned into the false god of religion! Let’s see what the N.W.T. says in Ezek. 28:2.

N.W.T. Ezek. 28:2: …“For the reason that your heart has become haughty, (Psalm 18:25-27)
    AND YOU KEEP SAYING, ‘i am' a god. In the seat of god” (emphasis mine)…

This sounds remarkably eerily like what it says in 2Thess.2:4.

N.W.T. 2Thess.2:4 “He (‘i am’) is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone
    who is called God=63(YHVH=63) or an object of reverence,
    so that he (i am) sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god.”

The AKJV bible was completed and in the public's hands in 1611.
    The AKJV bible is going to bring about satan's final defeat!

AKJV John 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world (i am) is judged.
    The prince of this world is 'i am'(satan; the son of perdition).

AKJV 2Thess.2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,
    except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    AKJV 2Thess.2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God=63(YHVH=63),
    or that is worshipped; so that he as (i am)God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he(satan) is God.

AKJV 2Thess.2:8 And then shall that Wicked (i am) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth (Rev.19:15),
    and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan (Mark 13:6)
    with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;
    because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

What lie did they believe?

AKJV Romans1:23-25 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,
    and to birds(the rapture), and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness
    through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:Who changed the truth of God into a lie,
    and worshipped and served the creature(Jesus) more than the Creator(YHVH), who is blessed for ever. Amen.

'The devil's trick'; 'i am'=23! (AKJV Psalm 102:11-13)

AKJV Mark 13:6 For many shall come in my(Christ's) name,
    saying, I am; and shall deceive many. (Romans 1:25 / John 6:15)

God’s Name יהוה is written exactly 6823 times in the Hebrew Masoretic Texts. See how the
    Gematria value of Ιησους Χριστоς=2368 Ē-Ā-Soos Chrĭstŏs (Jesus Christ in Greek)
    bears a striking resemblance to the number of times God’s Name is used in the Hebrew Masoretic Texts.

the wall Jesus died to abolish (Eph.2:14), is illustrate as this dichotomy: [6823] and [2368].

“Trinitarian”?            and          “non-Trinitarian”!
                6823             and            2368

“Trinitarian”                           “non-Trinitarian”      
     New god=68 'i am'=23?            'i am'=23 NOT JAH=68!
             (AKJV Gal.2:20)                      (AKJV Psalm 68:4-5)

AKJV Deut.3217 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not,
    to (i am) new gods that came newly up (Rev.13:1), whom your fathers feared not.

AKJV Rev.13:11 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea,
    having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads (i am) the name  of blasphemy.

Daniel 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he (i am) corrupt by flatteries:
    but the people that do know their God (YHVH) shall be strong, and do exploits .  

Ed J (AKJV Hebrews 11:34 / Daniel 11:18)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 03 2010,19:42)

Quote (thethinker @ Dec. 30 2009,04:41)

Gene,

Get it now?

thinker

Hi thinker

The standardized translation of ‘I am that I am’ can be proven to be wrong;
    yet the N.W.T. (JW's) version of the Bible has this phrase (אהיה אשר אהיה) translated correctly.

Exodus 3:14 in the N.W.T.: …“I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE”…

The AKJV linguists successfully translated the phrase אהיה into “I WILL” hundreds of times in the “Old Testament”.
    The AKJV translators also added words (which they italicized) to aid in translational differences;
    they did this practice throughout the bible so as to NOT corrupt it!

The AKJV linguists should have translated אהיה אשר אהיה into “I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE” (“Will be”=63 and “YHVH”=63);
    this can be proven! The phrase ‘i am’ cannot be translated back into Hebrew; for it ‘i am’ is the product of man.
    ‘i am’ has now turned into the false god of religion! Let’s see what the N.W.T. says in Ezek. 28:2.

N.W.T. Ezek. 28:2: …“For the reason that your heart has become haughty, (Psalm 18:25-27)
    AND YOU KEEP SAYING, ‘i am' a god. In the seat of god” (emphasis mine)…

This sounds remarkably eerily like what it says in 2Thess.2:4.

N.W.T. 2Thess.2:4 “He (‘i am’) is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone
    who is called God=63(YHVH=63) or an object of reverence,
    so that he (i am) sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god.”

The AKJV bible was completed and in the public's hands in 1611.
    The AKJV bible is going to bring about satan's final defeat!

AKJV John 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world (i am) is judged.
    The prince of this world is 'i am'(satan; the son of perdition).

AKJV 2Thess.2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,
    except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    AKJV 2Thess.2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God=63(YHVH=63),
    or that is worshipped; so that he as (i am)God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he(satan) is God.

AKJV 2Thess.2:8 And then shall that Wicked (i am) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth (Rev.19:15),
    and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan (Mark 13:6)
    with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish;
    because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

What lie did they believe?

AKJV Romans1:23-25 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,
    and to birds(the rapture), and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness
    through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:Who changed the truth of God into a lie,
    and worshipped and served the creature(Jesus) more than the Creator(YHVH), who is blessed for ever. Amen.

'The devil's trick'; 'i am'=23! (AKJV Psalm 102:11-13)

AKJV Mark 13:6 For many shall come in my(Christ's) name,
    saying, I am; and shall deceive many. (Romans 1:25 / John 6:15)

God’s Name יהוה is written exactly 6823 times in the Hebrew Masoretic Texts. See how the
    Gematria value of Ιησους Χριστоς=2368 Ē-Ā-Soos Chrĭstŏs (Jesus Christ in Greek)
    bears a striking resemblance to the number of times God’s Name is used in the Hebrew Masoretic Texts.

the wall Jesus died to abolish (Eph.2:14), is illustrate as this dichotomy: [6823] and [2368].

“Trinitarian”?            and          “non-Trinitarian”!
                6823             and            2368

“Trinitarian”                           “non-Trinitarian”      
     New god=68 'i am'=23?            'i am'=23 NOT JAH=68!
             (AKJV Gal.2:20)                      (AKJV Psalm 68:4-5)

AKJV Deut.3217 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not,
    to (i am) new gods that came newly up (Rev.13:1), whom your fathers feared not.

AKJV Rev.13:11 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea,
    having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads (i am) the name  of blasphemy.

Daniel 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he (i am) corrupt by flatteries:
    but the people that do know their God (YHVH) shall be strong, and do exploits .  

Ed J (AKJV Hebrews 11:34 / Daniel 11:18)

ED J,

You totally missed the point. The NWT does not consistently translate “ego eimi” in John 8:58 as Jesus used it in reference to Himself in that discourse. The NWT translators show their anti-Christ bias. This was my point.

thinker

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 03 2010,21:46)
    ED J,

You totally missed the point.

thinker

Hi ThinkingMan,

Here is “the” “Title” of 'your' thread!
    New world translation inconsistencies, Translators betray themselves

'The devil's trick'; 'i am'! (AKJV Psalm 102:11-13)

AKJV Mark 13:6: For many(like thinker) shall come
    in my(Christ's) name, saying, I am; and shall deceive many.

N.W.T. Romans 7:14: For we know that the law is spiritual:
    but I am fleshly, sold under sin.

AKJV Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual:
    but I am carnal, sold under sin.

AKJV Romans 8:6: For to be carnally minded is death;
    but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

AKJV Psalm 102:11-13 My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.
    But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.
    Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favor her, yea, the set time, is come.

Here is yet another verse that the N.W.T. (JW's version)
    has Translated
    CORRECTLY
    ; transposing 'the ThinkingMans' faulty assertions!

N.W.T. Luke 3:22: and the “HolySpirit” in bodily shape like a dove
    came down upon him(Joshua/Jesus), and a voice came out of heaven:
    “You (YHVH Voice=117) are my Son(Joshua/Jesus),
    the beloved; [I The LORD GOD=117] have approved you.”

AKJV:LORD of Hosts (N.W.T. JEHOVAH of Armies)
    YHVH and His Hosts=117: Jesus and YHVH's believers!

It seems the ThinkingMan doesn't like to see his own reflection in Ed J!

Subject 117; YHVH is GOD=117!

Psalm 18:25-27 With the merciful thou wilt show thyself merciful;
    with an upright man thou wilt show thyself upright; With the pure thou wilt show thyself pure;
    and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward. For thou wilt save the afflicted people;
    but wilt bring down high looks.

PSALM 117is[The Bible's Center], AND the “[smallest chapter]” of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (Luke 18:7-8 / Ecl.9:15)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ed J………..I also believe that Jesus being Portrayed as GOD or the “I AM”, Is the great LIE Spoken of in 2Ths2, It is the False image portrayed by Trinitarians that Jesus is GOD and where it say he will destory it ( that word should be (abolish it) (the LIE) by Jesus' own mouth at His return. There is no real man of Sin (it is a (FALSE) Image of Jesus being a GOD. A LIE. Good Post, IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 04 2010,16:57)
    Ed J………..I also believe that Jesus being Portrayed as GOD or the “I AM”, Is the great LIE Spoken of in 2Ths2, It is the False image portrayed by Trinitarians that Jesus is GOD and where it say he will destory it ( that word should be (abolish it) (the LIE) by Jesus' own mouth at His return. There is no real man of Sin (it is a (FALSE) Image of Jesus being a GOD.  A LIE.  Good Post, IMO

Hi Gene,

Here is your proof…
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….y212600
    Read all the posts of mine to BD!

God bless you my brother!
    Ed J

By the way my name is ED (AKJV Jochua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:14)

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 04 2010,16:57)
    Ed J………..I also believe that Jesus being Portrayed as GOD or the “I AM”, Is the great LIE Spoken of in 2Ths2, It is the False image portrayed by Trinitarians that Jesus is GOD and where it say he will destory it ( that word should be (abolish it) (the LIE) by Jesus' own mouth at His return. There is no real man of Sin (it is a (FALSE) Image of Jesus being a GOD.  A LIE.  Good Post, IMO

Gene,
    Is Jesus Christ YOUR “only Master and Lord” (Jude 4)?

This is not a trick question man!

thinker

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 05 2010,03:05)
    Gene,

thinker

Hi ThinkingMan,

It's not a trick question; it is a wrong question!

The word 'master' does NOT occur in Jude 4?

Ed J

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2010,10:37)

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 05 2010,03:05)
    Gene,

thinker

Hi ThinkingMan,

It's not a trick question; it is a wrong question!

The word 'master' does NOT occur in Jude 4?

Ed J

Huh what?

Verse 4 says that Jesus is the “only Master and Lord.” The word “master” is the Greek “despotes” and “lord” is the Greek “Kurios.”

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you lack good reading skills and that you are not deliberately lying.

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account