Monotheism is scripture's theme.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So God sits at His own right hand and yet is somehow two but one?
    Please show three as one as you offer a trinity.

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,15:03)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,06:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,14:18)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,05:10)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,13:01)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,04:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,12:02)

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,03:19)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,13:51)

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,13:03)
    WorshippingJesus said:

This means “Equality with God”, for he is not above him nor beneath him but at his right hand, all power and authority given to him. In fact at this time it seems that Jesus is not even subject to the Father and will not be until all things are subject to him (Jesus) and then Jesus will subject himself to the Father that God may be all in all. Yet at this time Jesus is all in all.

WJ,
    Exactly! The position at the right hand is equality and the unitarians won't accept this. Jesus said that He has ALL authority now.

thinker

Thinker,

You believe in 2 Gods. If one thing equals another than there are two things.

bd,
    I believe in one true Elohim as opposed to many. Elohim is plural and has been shown. I don't believe in two Gods anymore then you believe in two Lords assuming that you confess  both the Father and the Son as Lord. They constitute one Lord. Right or wrong?

bodhitharta said:

Man and woman are a pair, right. There unity is not in number

If their unity is not in number then there is no unity of which to speak.

thinker

How many beings are 1 man and 1 woman?

Unity of Purpose and possession is not rank of Authority

For the Man is the head of the woman and Christ is the head of the church and God is the head of Christ yet they are all One but YHWH is ONE SOVEREIGN GOD not you, me or Christ are equal in rank or authority,

Hi BD

Then please explain how 2 beings can be one flesh.

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Gen 2:24

The body of Christ is one Body but many members, is it not?

And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body. 1 Cor 12:19, 20

WJ

To be one flesh is to be united and to be one body is to be united.

Do you understand Allegory?

al·le·go·ry    (l-gôr, -gr) KEY  

NOUN:
    pl. al·le·go·ries

The representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form.

Hi BD

Those scriptures are not allegorys.

But I understand that you cannot see the “Plurality of Unity” found in the scriptures.

You cannot mix oil and water, no more than you can mix a muslim with a Christian.

WJ

A Christian must be a Muslim to be born again because to be born again means to Submit to God i.e. Muslim

There is plurality of Unity such as God being the Only Power who has Powers.

There is no plurality of Uniqueness.

By the way they must be allegories or else a man and his wife are siamese twins and there are millions of human beings literally attached by their skin.

Trust me its allegory

Hi BD

Allegorys cannot leave their Fathers and Mothers and cleave to their wives and become “One Flesh”.

Maybe you cannot see it that way but is a reality in scripture and not an Allegory.

If becoming one flesh is an allegory then what is it an allegory of, simese twins?  :D

By the way, the body of Christ is a living and breathing organism with Christ who is the Head, for we have all been made to drink of that one Spirit and been baptised into that one Body. That is also a reality and not just an allegory!

WJ

Your whole thought process is Allegory and you need to see that Christ is not sitting on the literal head of a literal Body you still don't understand what Allegory is.

Baptism itself is a function that demonstrates that you are symbolically washing sin away and starting a new life.You are not literally washing sin off of you it's not like sin is a physical chemical object that soap gets rid of. You have not literally drank the spirit of Christ and of course you get thirsty every day.

Once you understand Allegory you will start understanding the basics right now the Allegory is seductive to you.

Hi BD

Oh so there is no Word or Spirit that cleanses us from sin.

So your world is nothing but allegorys and not the real thing?

WJ

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,07:39)
    Paladin said:

So, does that mean you DON'T agree with thinker, that “Adonai” MEANS “soverign God?”

All I want is a commitment or an admissioon that it is just an opinion. If it is an opinion, I would like to see its basis.

Paladin,
    What's this all about? I gave you Psalm 16:1-2 and you are evading me and dragging WJ into it. Okay, here is another example of the use of Adonai,

Stir up Yourself, and awake to my vindication, to my cause, my God and my Adonai (Psalm 35:23Z)

Adonai here is the proper name for God. And you don't need for WJ to verify it. Just check the Strong's Concordance # 136. It says that Adonai is the “proper name for God.” Now that I have given you a source in addition to the Scriptures I see no reason why you must continue to drag WJ into it. But I would welcome his input without the fear of being contradicted. Here is Psalm 110 again,

YHWH said to my Sovereign, “Sit thou at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool….Adonai (God) is at your right hand (Psalm 110:1,5)

The Sovereign God (Adonai) sits at YHWH's right hand!

thinker

For one thing, you offered “Adonay” for a proof that “Ad-own” is “Soverign God.”

Adonay is one of the names of God.

“Ad-down” is a whole different thing.

If Ad-down is “Soverign God” – who are these “soverign Gods” “ad-down'm?” [Plural of Ad-down]
    Deuteronomy 10:17 For Jehovah [the LORD] your Elohim [God] is Elohim [God] of Elohim [gods], and Ad-down [Lord] of Ad-down'm [lords], a great El [God], a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Psalm 136:3 O give thanks to the Ad-down [Lord] of Ad-down'm [lords][plural of “ad-down”]: for his mercy endureth for ever.[who are these “soverign Gods?”]

Isaiah 26:13 O LORD [Jehovah our Elohim] our God, other Adown'm [lords] beside thee have had dominion over us: but by thee only will we make mention of thy name. [Ad-down'm = plural of Ad-down] Who are these “soverign Gods?”

Here are jsut a few examples, mostly from Genesis. If “Ad-down” MEANS “soverign God,” How many “Soverign Gods” are known among men?
    Gen 23:6 Hear us, my [Ad-down]lord: thou art a mighty [Elohim] prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.

Gen 23:11 Nay, my [Ad-down] lord, hear me: the field give I thee, and the cave that is therein, I give it thee; in the presence of the sons of my people give I it thee: bury thy dead.

Gen 23:15 My [Ad-down] lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead.

Gen 24:9 And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his [Ad-down] master, and sware to him concerning that matter.

Gen 24:10 And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his [Ad-down] master, and departed; for all the goods of his [Ad-down] master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor.

Gen 24:18 And she said, Drink, my [Ad-down](Abraham's servant)lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.

Gen 24:27 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my [Ad-down] master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my [Ad-down] master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my [Ad-down] master's brethren.

Gen 24:35 And the LORD hath blessed my [Ad-down] master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.

Gen 24:36 And Sarah my my [Ad-down] master's wife bare a son to my [Ad-down] master when she was old: and unto him hath he given all that he hath.

Gen 24:37 And my [Ad-down] master made me swear, saying, Thou shalt not take a wife to my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, in whose land I dwell:

Gen 24:39 And I said unto my [Ad-down] master, Peradventure the woman will not follow me.

Gen 24:42 And I came this day unto the well, and said, O LORD God of my [Ad-down] master Abraham, if now thou do prosper my way which I go:

Gen 24:44 And she say to me, Both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels: let the same be the woman whom the LORD hath appointed out for my [Ad-down] master's son.

Gen 24:48 And I bowed down my head, and worshipped the LORD, and blessed the LORD God of my [Ad-down] master Abraham, which had led me in the right way to take my [Ada-dôn] master's brother's daughter unto his son.

Gen 24:49 And now if ye will deal kindly and truly with my [Ad-down] master, tell me: and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left.

Gen 24:51 Behold, Rebekah is before thee, take her, and go, and let her be thy [Ad-down] master's son's wife, as the LORD hath spoken.

Gen 24:54 And they did eat and drink, he and the men that were with him, and tarried all night; and they rose up in the morning, and he said, Send me away unto my [Ad-down] master.

Gen 24:56 And he said unto them, Hinder me not, seeing the LORD hath prospered my way; send me away that I may go to my [Ad-down] master.

Gen 24:65 For she had said unto the servant, What man is this that walketh in the field to meet us? And the servant had said, It is my [Ad-down] master: therefore she took a vail, and covered herself.

Gen 31:35 And she (Rachel) said to her father, Let it not displease my [Ad-down] lord that I cannot rise up before thee; for the custom of women is upon me. And he searched, but found not the images.

Gen 32:3 And Jacob sent messengers before him to Esau his brother unto the land of Seir, the country of Edom. 4 And he commanded them, saying, Thus shall ye speak unto my [Ad-down] lord Esau; Thy servant Jacob saith thus, I have sojourned with Laban, and stayed there until now: 5 And I have oxen, and asses, flocks, and menservants, and womenservants: and I have sent to tell my [Ad-down] lord, that I may find grace in thy sight.

Gen 32:18 Then thou shalt say, They be thy servant Jacob's; it is a present sent unto my [Ad-down] lord Esau: and, behold, also he is behind us.

Gen 33:8 And he said, What meanest thou by all this drove which I met? And he said, These are to find grace in the sight of my [Ad-down] lord.

Gen 33:13 And he said unto him, My [Ad-down] lord knoweth that the children are tender, and the flocks and herds with young are with me: and if men should overdrive them one day, all the flock will die.

Gen 33:14 Let my [Ad-down] lord, I pray thee, pass over before his servant: and I will lead on softly, according as the cattle that goeth before me and the children be able to endure, until I come unto my [Ad-down] lord unto Seir.

Gen 33:15 And Esau said, Let me now leave with thee some of the folk that are with me. And he said, What needeth it? let me find grace in the sight of my [Ad-down]
    lord.

Gen 39:2 And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his [Ad-down] master the Egyptian.

Gen 39:3 And his [Ad-down] master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.

Gen 39:7 And it came to pass after these things, that his [Ad-down] master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.

Gen 39:8 But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my [Ad-down] master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;

Gen 39:16 And she laid up his garment by her, until his [Ad-down] lord came home.

Gen 39:19 And it came to pass, when his [Ad-down] master heard the words of his wife, which she spake unto him, saying, After this manner did thy servant to me; that his wrath was kindled.

Gen 39:20 And Joseph's [Ad-down] master took him, and put him into the prison, a place where the king's prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.

Gen 40:1 And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had offended their [Ad-down] lord the king of Egypt.

Gen 40:7 And he asked Pharaoh's officers that were with him in the ward of his [Ad-down] lord's house, saying, Wherefore look ye so sadly to day?

Gen 42:10 And they said unto him, Nay, my [Ad-down] lord, but to buy food are thy servants come.

Gen 42:30 The man, who is the [Ad-down] lord of the land, spake roughly to us, and took us for spies of the country.

Gen 42:33 And the man, the [Ad-down] lord of the country, said unto us, Hereby shall I know that ye are true men; leave one of your brethren here with me, and take food for the famine of your households, and be gone:

Gen 43:19 And they came near to the steward of Joseph's house, and they communed with him at the door of the house, 20 And said, O [Ad-down] sir, we came indeed down at the first time to buy food:

Gen 44:5 Is not this it in which my [Ad-down] lord drinketh, and whereby indeed he divineth? ye have done evil in so doing.

Gen 44:7 And they said unto him, Wherefore saith my [Ad-down] lord these words? God forbid that thy servants should do according to this thing:

Gen 44:8 Behold, the money, which we found in our sacks' mouths, we brought again unto thee out of the land of Canaan: how then should we steal out of thy [Ad-down] lord's house silver or gold?

Gen 44:9 With whomsoever of thy servants it be found, both let him die, and we also will be my [Ad-down] lord's bondmen.

Gen 44:16 And Judah said, What shall we say unto my [Ad-down] lord? what shall we speak? or how shall we clear ourselves? God hath found out the iniquity of thy servants: behold, we are my [Ad-down] lord's servants, both we, and he also with whom the cup is found.

Gen 44:18 Then Judah came near unto him, and said, Oh my [Ad-down] lord, let thy servant, I pray thee, speak a word in my [Ad-down] lord's ears, and let not thine anger burn against thy servant: for thou art even as Pharaoh.

Gen 44:19 My [Ad-down] lord asked his servants, saying, Have ye a father, or a brother?

Gen 44:20 And we said unto my [Ad-down] lord, We have a father, an old man, and a child of his old age, a little one; and his brother is dead, and he alone is left of his mother, and his father loveth him.

Gen 44:24 And it came to pass when we came up unto thy servant my father, we told him the words of my [Ad-down] lord.

Gen 44:33 Now therefore, I pray thee, let thy servant abide instead of the lad a bondman to my [Ad-down] lord; and let the lad go up with his brethren.

Gen 45:8 So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and [Ad-down] lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.

Gen 45:9 Haste ye, and go up to my father, and say unto him, Thus saith thy son Joseph, God hath made me
    [Ad-down] lord of all Egypt: come down unto me, tarry not:

Gen 47:18 When that year was ended, they came unto him the second year, and said unto him, We will not hide it from my [Ad-down] lord, how that our money is spent; my [Ad-down] lord also hath our herds of cattle; there is not ought left in the sight of my [Ad-down] lord, but our bodies, and our lands:

Gen 47:25 And they said, Thou hast saved our lives: let us find grace in the sight of my [Ad-down] lord, and we will be Pharaoh's servants.

Exo 21:4 If his [Ad-down] master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her [Ad-down] master's, and he shall go out by himself.

Exo 21:5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my [Ad-down] master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

Exo 21:6 Then his [Ad-down] master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Exo 21:8 If she please not her [Ad-down] master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

Exo 21:32 If the ox shall push a manservant or a maidservant; he shall give unto their [Ad-down] master thirty shekels of silver, and the ox shall be stoned.

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,15:35)

Quote (Paladin @ June 24 2009,06:36)

thethinker,June wrote:

bodhitharta said:

For the Man is the head of the woman and Christ is the head of the church and God is the head of Christ yet they are all One but YHWH is ONE SOVEREIGN GOD not you, me or Christ are equal in rank or authority,

bd,
    YHWH simply means “I Am” or “I shall be.” The Hebrew “Adonai”  means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

YHWH said to my Sovereign, “Sit thou at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool….Adonai is at your right hand (Psalm 110:1,5)

thinker

(thinker)

The Hebrew “Adonai”  means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

YHWH said to my Sovereign, “Sit thou at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool….Adonai is at your right hand (Psalm 110:1,5)

thinker

Where does THIS little gem come from?

Hey thinker; I don't think WJ agrees with your assessment. I can't get a commitment out of him.

Shouldn't you rethink this one?

Hi PD

My answer is plain in that there is only One God and he is soveriegn. I believe that is what Jack is telling you, is it not?

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Paladin said:

To All,
    I want to publically thank Paladin!!! He said,

ADONAY IS THE NAME OF THE ONE WHO SITS AT YHWH'S RIGHT HAND! THEREFORE, IT IS GOD WHO SITS AT YHWH'S RIGHT HAND!

YHWH said to my Sovereign, “Sit thou at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool….Adonay is at your right hand (Psalm 110:1,5)

At first Paladin told me to “rethink” this. Then he turns around and says exactly what I have been saying. He said, “Adonay is a name for God.” Paladin now concedes this. According to Psalm 110:5 it is Adonay (God) who sits at YHWH'S right hand.

Thank you brother Paladin!  :)

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,16:22)
    Paladin said:

To All,

ADONAY IS THE NAME OF THE ONE WHO SITS AT YHWH'S RIGHT HAND! THEREFORE, IT IS GOD WHO SITS AT YHWH'S RIGHT HAND!

YHWH said to my Sovereign, “Sit thou at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool….Adonay is at your right hand (Psalm 110:1,5)

At first Paladin told me to “rethink” this. Then he turns around and says exactly what I have been saying. He said, “Adonay is a name for God.” Paladin now concedes this. According to Psalm 110:5 it is Adonay (God) who sits at YHWH'S right hand.

thinker

Hi Jack

I think PD because of his bias is having a problem linking the first verse of Psalm 110 with verse 5 which Unambiguously calls Jesus God!

Blessings WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Worshipingjesus said:

Hi Jack

I think PD because of his bias is having a problem linking the first verse of Psalm 110 with verse 5 which Unambiguously calls Jesus God!

Blessings WJ

Yes and this is what the anti-trinitarian method is all about. It's all about the choppy method of yanking a verse out of context here and there. Paladin handed us the debate on a silver platter and now I just might take a day off.

Jack  :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,07:55)

thethinker,June wrote:

bodhitharta said:

bd,
    YHWH simply means “I Am” or “I shall be.” The Hebrew “Adonai”  means “SOVEREIGN GOD.” Christ is Adonai,

thinker

(thinker)

thinker

Hey thinker; I don't think WJ agrees with your assessment. I can't get a commitment out of him.

Hi PD

My answer is plain in that there is only One God and he is soveriegn. I believe that is what Jack is telling you, is it not?

WJ

Hi WJ,
    But the one God shares the throne with one or two others??

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,07:55)

thethinker,June wrote:

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

(thinker)

thinker

Hi PD

WJ

No! He is telling me a proof that Jesus is God is the fact he is called “Ad-down” in the Psalm; and it is based on the meaning of Ad-down as bieng “Sovereign God.”

I have shown the fallacy of the position. He is mixing the examples of “Adonay” with the use of “Ad-down.” “Adonay” is the name of the chiefest of the Ad-down.

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,08:22)
    Paladin said:

To All,

thinker

Adonay is Jehovah, not Christ.

In the following, Jehovah is addressing Messiah in prophecy;
    Psalm 110:4 [Jehovah] The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou [Christ] art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. 5 [Adonay] The Lord at thy [Christ's] right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his [Jehovah's] wrath. 6 He [Jehovah] shall judge among the heathen, he [Jehovah] shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he [Jehovah] shall wound the heads over many countries.

Jesus himself testifies he did not come to judge, but to save.
    John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 23 2009,15:04)

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,14:47)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 23 2009,11:21)
    Hi PD

So is this your writings or is it the writings of another? It seems to like a quote from <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=i4YVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=Because+there+is+no+evidence+to+prove+that+the+first+converts+to+Christianity+ever+incurre

d+the+imputation+of+idolatry+from+the+Jews,+as+they+must+have+done+had+they+believed+and+t

aught+that+the+Son,+as+well+as+the+Father,+is+Jehovah%3B+while+it+is+notorious+that+this+imputation+has+been+among+the+most+common+of+the+Jewish

+reproaches+against+Christians,+since+the+Trinity+became+a+doctrine+of+the+Church.&source=bl&ots=Kfmm8gYqWb&sig=eXtNTC87v-UUeCRU0e9t4JU8RQk&hl=en&ei=oAxAStSGF4eNtgfA4vm0Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1″ target=”_blank”>here…

If your material is borrowed and edited, then isn't it fair to show the source and give credit where credit is due?

Hopefully this is not the case.

BTW thanks for your concern for my wife. But I did thank everyone for the prayers and gave a report of her progress after the surgery in the prayer thread. She is doing fine, but just sore.

Blessings WJ

You win WJ

My post is plagiarized from Moses, David, and Isaiah.

Since they do not hold the copyright, according to copyright law, they are “public domain.”

Sorry I failed to explain that.

Hi PD

I never said you were plagiarizing did I?

Those are your words. Let your own conscience be your judge.

You should know the difference in “quoting” works in your own words and copying whole paragraphs from a source without showing where it came from, or basically stealing an idea and changing it to claim it as your own works.

And as far as David, Moses and Isaiah, you do leave the book chapter and verse after your quotes unless they are obvious don't you?

Amazing! But, I forgive you for accusing me falsly anyway!

Blessings WJ

HI All

A closer look at this sight shows that much of PDs original post is found in the Unitarian work called “The Christian Pioneer” that began in the early 1800s and was edited by a theologian by the name of George Harris.

Starting on <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=i4YVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=Because+there+is+no+evidence+to+prove+that+the+first+converts+to+Christianity+ever+incurre

d+the+imputation+of+idolatry+from+the+Jews,+as+they+must+have+done+had+they+believed+and+t

aught+that+the+Son,+as+well+as+the+Father,+is+Jehovah%3B+while+it+is+notorious+that+this+imputation+has+been+among+the+most+common+of+the+Jewish

+reproaches+against+Christians,+since+the+Trinity+became+a+doctrine+of+the+Church.&source=bl&ots=Kfmm8gYqWb&sig=eXtNTC87v-UUeCRU0e9t4JU8RQk&hl=en&ei=oAxAStSGF4eNtgfA4vm0Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1″ target=”_blank”>page 31 you will find the title “100 scriptural arguments for the Unitarian faith:-recently published in Boston, by the American Unitarian Association“.

It starts with the 100 arguments then is broken up in parts later through this work.

PDs begining post on this thread is word for word for a large part of <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=i4YVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=Because+there+is+no+evidence+to+prove+that+the+first+converts+to+Christianity+ever+incurre

+reproaches+against+Christians,+since+the+Trinity+became+a+doctrine+of+the+Church.&source=bl&ots=Kfmm8gYqWb&sig=eXtNTC87v-UUeCRU0e9t4JU8RQk&hl=en&ei=oAxAStSGF4eNtgfA4vm0Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1″ target=”_blank”>the writings in the Christian Pioneer, yet he makes no mention in his post of this source.

My question to PD is “Is this your material?”, or is it an edited version of the original?

WJ

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,18:29)

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,08:22)
    Paladin said:

To All,

thinker

Adonay is Jehovah, not Christ.

In the following, Jehovah is addressing Messiah in prophecy;
    Psalm 110:4 [Jehovah] The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou [Christ] art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.  5 [Adonay] The Lord at thy [Christ's] right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his [Jehovah's] wrath. 6 He [Jehovah] shall judge among the heathen, he [Jehovah] shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he [Jehovah] shall wound the heads over many countries.

John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Hi PD

Quote (Paladin @ June 23 2009,18:29)

Nice try. Jesus said…

For the Father judgeth no man, “but hath committed all judgment unto the Son“: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him John 5:22, 23

The context is speaking of the ressurection.

Jesus came to save the world but now that he is exalted at the right hand of the Father all Judgment is in his hands.

Also Psalm 110:1 shows the Son at the Fathers right hand, so the Father is not at the right hand of the Son in verse 5.

This is a gross error on your part!

Nice try again!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So God has committed judgement to His Son.
    The lesser is once again blessed by the greater.[Heb7]

Yet you somehow think they are the same God?

A God of unequal parts of which one is the Son of God?

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,10:49)

Hi PD

So is this your writings or is it the writings of another? It seems to like a quote from <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=i4YVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=Because+there+is+no+evidence+to+prove+that+the+first+converts+to+Christianity+ever+incurre

+reproaches+against+Christians,+since+the+Trinity+became+a+doctrine+of+the+Church.&source=bl&ots=Kfmm8gYqWb&sig=eXtNTC87v-UUeCRU0e9t4JU8RQk&hl=en&ei=oAxAStSGF4eNtgfA4vm0Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1″ target=”_blank”>here…

If your material is borrowed and edited, then isn't it fair to show the source and give credit where credit is due?

BTW thanks for your concern for my wife. But I did thank everyone for the prayers and gave a report of her progress after the surgery in the prayer thread. She is doing fine, but just sore.

Blessings WJ

You win WJ

Since they do not hold the copyright, according to copyright law, they are “public domain.”

Hi PD

You should know the difference in “quoting” works in your own words and copying whole paragraphs from a source without showing where it came from, or basically stealing an idea and changing it to claim it as your own works.

And as far as David, Moses and Isaiah, you do leave the book chapter and verse after your quotes unless they are obvious don't you?

Blessings WJ

HI All

A closer look at this sight shows that much of PDs original post is found in the Unitarian work called “The Christian Pioneer” that began in the early 1800s and was edited by a theologian by the name of George Harris.

Starting on <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=i4YVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=Because+there+is+no+evidence+to+prove+that+the+first+converts+to+Christianity+ever+incurre

+reproaches+against+Christians,+since+the+Trinity+became+a+doctrine+of+the+Church.&source=bl&ots=Kfmm8gYqWb&sig=eXtNTC87v-UUeCRU0e9t4JU8RQk&hl=en&ei=oAxAStSGF4eNtgfA4vm0Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1″ target=”_blank”>page 31 you will find the title “100 scriptural arguments for the Unitarian faith:-recently published in Boston, by the American Unitarian Association“.

It starts with the 100 arguments then is broken up in parts later through this work.

PDs begining post on this thread is word for word for a large part of <a href="http://books.google.com/books?id=i4YVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=Because+there+is+no+evidence+to+prove+that+the+first+converts+to+Christianity+ever+incurre

+reproaches+against+Christians,+since+the+Trinity+became+a+doctrine+of+the+Church.&source=bl&ots=Kfmm8gYqWb&sig=eXtNTC87v-UUeCRU0e9t4JU8RQk&hl=en&ei=oAxAStSGF4eNtgfA4vm0Bg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1″ target=”_blank”>the writings in the Christian Pioneer, yet he makes no mention in his post of this source.

My question to PD is “Is this your material?”, or is it an edited version of the original?

WJ

I notice YOU did not give the POPE recognition or credit for every post you place on the board. Reason? Can't be because you are not a Catholic, because everything you post about trinitarianism is already taught before your time, and you give credits nowhere.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…………Is your bible an edited version of the original you quote out of , I think so, Paladin is right you need to give the POPE credit , because its the Catholics bible and Catholics 600 scholars you quote from. right? What the difference between Chatholics and Protestants they both believe and teach the TRINITY right? IMO

peace and love………………….gene

Quote (Paladin @ June 26 2009,08:49)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 24 2009,10:49)

Hi PD

Blessings WJ

You win WJ

Hi PD

Blessings WJ

HI All

WJ

I notice YOU did not give the POPE recognition or credit for every post you place on the board. Reason? Can't be because you are not a Catholic, because everything you post about trinitarianism is already taught before your time, and you give credits nowhere.

PD

But you didn't answer my questions.

You will never see whole paragraphs of someone else’s material in my post unless I give the source and credit for it.

So I suppose by your logic there is no such thing as Plagiarism.

WJ

Quote (Gene @ June 26 2009,10:52)
    WJ…………Is your bible an edited version of the original you quote out of , I think so, Paladin is right you need to give the POPE credit , because its the Catholics bible and Catholics 600 scholars you quote from. right? What the difference between Chatholics and Protestants they both believe and teach the TRINITY right?  IMO

peace and love………………….gene

Gene

If you cant see the difference in what is going on here then I think you are being bias.

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Worshippingjesus said:

Jesus came to save the world but now that he is exalted at the right hand of the Father all Judgment is in his hands.

Also Psalm 110:1 shows the Son at the Fathers right hand, so the Father is not at the right hand of the Son in verse 5.

This is a gross error on your part!

WJ,
    I marvel that Paladin can say that the Father is at the Messiah's right hand. Verse one says that Messiah is at the Father's right hand. This means that the Father is on the Messiah's left hand. And verses 6-7 says that Adonai will judge the nations. We know that Jesus is the Judge. Therefore, Jesus is Adonai.

thinker

Country boy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,12:43)
    Hi,
    God is one.
    We worship the God of the Jews.

John 10:30

“I and the Father are one”

Just my 2 cents.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

country boy……….welcome to the form…………Jesus meant by that that He and the Father are one in agreement brother, imo

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account