Mikeboll64 vs francis

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,827 total)
  • Author
    Istari
    Participant

Wizards like pretty colored things!

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 20 2011,04:02)
    Hey, look at my pretty colored blocks, great looking, eh!

JustAskin had some just like that but more. What happened to them?

How do you get them and what do they do?

Who gives them to you?

You're killin me man!

KJ Jr.

Mikeboll said to JA:

WJ cannot give a personal name for the Holy Spirit.

I can give a personal name for the Holy Spirit:

Parakletos (personal advocate)

Roo Jr.

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 18 2011,20:01)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 19 2011,11:28)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 18 2011,19:15)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 19 2011,10:29)
    ED

Who are you to pit the OT scriptures against the NT?

What does “the heavens shall pass away with a great noise…” mean to you ED?

WJ

Hi WJ,

It would seem, that's what you are doing.

Eccl.1:4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

The place of elevation, the place you are trying to put ourself above others.

Rev.21:2-3 And I John saw the HOLY CITY=117, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven,
    prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold,
    the tabernacle of God is with men (Is.60:14), and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people,
    AND GOD HIMSELF=117 shall be with them, and be “their God”=86 (YHVH=63).
                                                                                   (86=[אלהים] ĔL-ō-Hêêm=63)

ED J

Are you misleading again?

Why did you quote the verses out of context by leaving the first verse out…?

And I saw “a new heaven” and a “new earth (Strong's G1093 – gē): for the first heaven and “the first earth (Strong's G1093 – gē) were passed away; and there was no more sea. Rev 21:1

WJ

Hi WJ,

Here is how the word “New” is defined in both Rev.12:1 and 2 Peter 3:13
    Greek #2537 καινός (kainos) kähē-nôs': new (freshness ith respect to age), youthful, fresh, regenerate:-new, young

[καινός] should have been translated as “renewed” like [ἀνακαινόω] from 303 and 2537
    Greek #341 ἀνακαινόω (anakainoó) ăn-äk-ähē-nô'-ō: to rejuvenate:-renew

Hi ED

So the NKJV is wrong again?

So what is your source for that definition?

Here is how BlueletterBible.org Strong's G2537 – kainos has it…

1) new a) as respects form 1) recently made, fresh, recent, unused, unworn b) as respects substance 1) of a new kind, unprecedented, novel, uncommon, unheard of

Even so it shall be purged by fire when the elements melt with fervent heat and the current heavens and earth “perish”. Heb 1:11, 12 – Rev 21:1

You quote 2 Cor 4:16, do you think that our outward man will not perish and go back to the dust from whence it came?  ???

WJ

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 19 2011,12:02)
    WJ said to Mike:

To percieve Jesus the “Image of the invisible God” as less than God is to have a “false image” of God and to me that is “Idolatry”.

Wow! Again I must bow to Keith's intellect.  

Roo

Jack

Your crazy!    :)

WJ

Mike said to Keith:

You say WE have “two gods”?  We acknowledge that the scriptures are loaded with many who have been given the title “god” by one person or another.

Exactly Mike! They were GIVEN the TITLE God. That is, they were APPOINTED to rule over God's people. But there was no god “formed” besides God or that “came to be” after Him (Is. 43:10).

Do you comprehend now?

Roo

Mike said to Keith:

Keith, is there more than one “powerful ruler” mentioned in the scriptures?  Are they all YHVH God Most High?

But they were APPOINTED powerful rulers and not “formed” besides God or “came to be” after Him (Is. 43:10).

Right Mike?

Jack

Mike said:

Since the Christ was to be one who was anointed BY God, then simple logic will tell anyone that the one “anointed BY God” cannot also be the God who anointed him.

Yet when a man was anointed in scripture he was anointed by man. Mike's “simple logic” fails.

KJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2010,16:49)
    Is THE FATHER the Only One True Powerful Ruler mentioned in scripture?  Yes or No, Keith.  :)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 01 2011,08:36)
    Mike

The answer is Yes!

Keith, if the answer is YES, then what's left to discuss?  If the FATHER is the One, then Jesus is NOT that One……………UNLESS…………….Jesus IS the Father.

Is he Keith?  :)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 01 2011,09:08)

For if there is “Only One True God” (Only One true Powerful ruler) then Jesus is either that ruler or he is not God (powerful ruler) at all.

Sorry Keith, but that is assinine.  You can use that same logic with Satan, David, Solomon, Nebuchadnezzar, etc.  You're saying that if they aren't God Almighty Himself, then they weren't “powerful rulers” at all.  Too silly, man.

peace and love,
    mike

——————————————————————————————
    —————————-
    TO ALL:

In the exchange between Mike and Keith above please note that Mike omitted an important word in WJ's statement.

WJ said:

For if there is “Only One True God” (Only One true Powerful ruler) then Jesus is either that ruler or he is not God (powerful ruler) at all.

Mike omitted Keith's word “True.” Keith is absolutely correct because no other rulers were TRUE rulers. Jesus was a TRUE ruler. He explicitly said that all before Him were “thieves and robbers” (John 10.

KJ Jr.

Istari
    Participant

Jack,

So a lawyer needs to be a burglar to represent a burglar?

A woman cannot mediate for a man, nor a man mediate for a woman?

A child cannot mediate to try and stop his pet dog from being put out into the garden when it pee'ed on the carpet? Only a dog can mediate for a dog?

Note that the mediation is between an authority (God Almighty) and a supplicant or petitioner (Man).

Moreover, your dual role representative is false. Jesus does not REPRESENT any parties in the mediation. You have the wrong concept in this matter.
    Jesus hears the prayers (the petitions) of man and decides on a course of action within his power. If the outcome is outside of his authority he passes it up to God. God does not petition man back through Jesus as if to come to some joint agreement but Jesus can takes God's response and temper it as he likes but always with an unbiased judicial spiritual heart.
    The mother may say,'Dog, yard, NOW' and the child may say, 'but Mom, it's raining outside, can he be put out when it stops?', or even, 'ok, but I'll do it as soon as it stops raining, he already has a mild dog fever'. The prayers, the petition of the dog, is not to put outside because he was feeling feverish and didn't want to go out in the rain and was busting…and took an unwarranted liberty!

In your scenario, Jesus has to talk with himself about a course of action to be taken in the 'mediation' between God and Man! But this is not a dual party rep situation. Jesus is not disputing as man with God. He listens to the reasons a man sins and weighs it up against what God desires and how that man could have acted. That is a single person mediator.
    Having been in the flesh himself, he knows what a man in the flesh can manage. The flesh is weak but God demands perfection. Jesus says, 'Yes LORD, but have a bit of sympathy, Satan was all over him like a rash, his Job was bringing him out in boils and his wife was giving him short shrift to add to all that!'

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 20 2011,04:24)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 19 2011,12:02)
    WJ said to Mike:

To percieve Jesus the “Image of the invisible God” as less than God is to have a “false image” of God and to me that is “Idolatry”.

Wow! Again I must bow to Keith's intellect.  

Roo

Jack

Your crazy!    :)

WJ

Keith,

I am sure you didn't notice this but the little man is giving me the finger.

Jack

Istari wrote:

So a lawyer needs to be a burglar to represent a burglar?

No! A lawyer needs to be both a civilian as the burglar and an officer of the court as the judge.

Jack

Istari
    Participant

But Jack,
    The lawyer isn't judging. He is presenting a petition.

You are saying that a lawyer cannot represent a crooked criminal (even a crooked criminal can be wrongfully accused) unless he himself is a crooked criminal.

You did a Mikeboll64 there and changed the definition of your claim!

Istari
    Participant

And what of the prosecution lawyer?

So there are two legitimises and two prosecutors and a judge. Jack, I think things have got ablittle muddled here.

This stems from you trying cover for the fact that you just claimed that Jesus was is not God but REPRESENTS GOD, only! God gave him authority to rule as King in His, God's, Kingdom.
    If Jesus is God, he would not have to be GIVEN authority, yet even to have to HAND IT BACK later on.
    God cannot become Not God, nor Not God become God. God, the One and Only True God, as WJ is touting, ALWAYS WAS, ALWAYS IS, and ALWAYS WILL BE.

Whereas, Jesus was living as Spirit, changed to flesh and blood Man, died… Then became man again and Rose to heaven in Spirit. How many changes does God make? None? Not once, because to change means he becomes something other than God.
    By the way, having compassion does not constitute a change of nature nor person, in God.
    His plan always stands whichever slight changes are made in the path to the target.

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 20 2011,05:05)
    But Jack,
    The lawyer isn't judging. He is presenting a petition.

You are saying that a lawyer cannot represent a crooked criminal (even a crooked criminal can be wrongfully accused) unless he himself is a crooked criminal.

You did a Mikeboll64 there and changed the definition of your claim!

JA,

The lawyer is still a representative of both the law and the accused.

It's time for you to answer Genesis 31. The concept of mediation in Hebrew culture is introduced in Genesis 31 regarding the dispute between Jacob and Laban. Each party had a representative from his own relation and they came together and mediated the dispute and settled it. Jesus is the representative FROM each party and FOR each party in ONE person.

Please stop being evasive and answer this.

KJ

Istari
    Participant

Jack, it is irrelevant in the context of that the lawyer is a civilian and a representative of the law and of the accused. How many more things are you going to throw into the mix?

And what is this 'the lawyer need to be a civilian as the burglar and an officer of the law'

An officer of the law is a policeman isn't he? Is a policeman a lawyer or a lawyer a policeman?
    I'm sure the policeman would love to get paid what the lawyer gets paid and become a partner in the Firm!
    And I'm not sure a lawyer has much 'respect' for a policeman, especially as the defence lawyer! Juxtaposed is a word that comes to mind!

Jack, you are. Hoot, a real laugh!
    There is no DISPUTE between God and Man. God is not Disputing with Man.
    It is a FATHER/Son relationship in which the father is admonishing the son for waywardness and wrongful doings, and the Son is PETITIONING THROUGH PRAYER for relief from the wroth of the father!
    Jesus mediated to 'soften' the father's anger and accept and deal with sorrowful pleadings from the son. Like a mother might do, perhaps!

And why do you accuse me of being 'Evasive'? What is there to evade? Why are you like this?
    I read and have read this story many times (Jacob and Laban) I have a video portraying it!
    Please can you say where this event you claim takes place, chapter and verse, or quote please!

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Jan. 19 2011,12:13)
    Mikeboll said to JA:

WJ cannot give a personal name for the Holy Spirit.

I can give a personal name for the Holy Spirit:

Parakletos (personal advocate)

Roo Jr.

True! :)

Hi JA

Wow, you are getting more decorative tiles. What does that mean?

This is a sight where those who are speaking the truth in LOVE, and bearing the fruit of the Holy Spirit don't get tiles. :)

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 18 2011,20:20)
    So WJ says that the name of God is 'Jesus'!

Has anyone heard this before?

Why sure they have. You call Jesus “a God” all the time so your question was answered, the name of God is Jesus. You didn't clarify what God you were speaking of. Oh you mean the Father, I thought I gave you an answer for that. We do not know what the pronunciation of YHVH or YHWH are, do we?

How would you know my name Keith if all you had was KTH?

You do understand this don't you. How many possibilities could there be? Everyone except you and Ed in the whole world seems to know the exact pronunciation of the name YHVH. Yet you cannot prove it scripturally for the vowels were left out in the most ancient manuscripts. Even the LXX some 2-300 years before Christ only had the tetragrammaton when it was translated in Greek. You can't even give me “ONE SCRIPTURE” where the Apostles spoke the name or used it. That was all free JA. :)

But once again JA are you going to answer my questions to you? Everyone is watching and knows I answered you and that you just blew mine off with more of your accusations.

Please answer….

DOES MATTHEW 28:19 SAY THE FATHER, THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT HAVE A NAME?

Does Matthew 28:19 speak of three or (a trinity)?

Blessings WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 20 2011,03:58)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 18 2011,19:48)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 19 2011,11:12)

ED

So you do it again. You didn't post my very last post to you. This seems dishonest and like you have something to hide.

As far as Ec 1:4 the word “Strong's H5769 – `owlam” does not always mean forever. The YLT has it…

`And this day hath become to you a memorial, and ye have kept it a feast to Jehovah to your generations; — a statute age-during (Strong's H5769 – `owlam); ye keep it a feast.

The following scriptures are proof that it doesn't always mean forever…

And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; “ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever (Strong's H5769 – `owlam) . Ex 12:14

So did the Old Covenant pass away and the New come in?

So shall the earth pass away by fire and there will be a New heavens and a New earth. 2 Peter 3:7, 10

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: “They shall perish“; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture “shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. Heb 1:10-12

WJ

Hi WJ,

That doesn't mean God is going to destroy (according to WJ) the Earth to “Re-new” it.

Hi Ed

Wait I thought the OT used the same word destroy? Thats right it did and it was destroyed by a great flood. But this time by fire that shall melt the elements with fervent heat and the heavens and the earth will pass away with a great noise being rolled up like a garment and there will be a “New Heavens and a New earth for the former heavens and earth have passed away and there will be no more sea. Do my words sound like the words in red above?

But ED says different.

Ed read this scripture again and tell me what you think…

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: “They shall perish“; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture “shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail. Heb 1:10-12

The Greek word for “perish” is Strong's G622 – apollymi which is defined as…

1) to destroy a) to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin b) render useless c) to kill d) to declare that one must be put to death e) metaph. to devote or give over to eternal misery in hell f) to perish, to be lost, ruined, destroyed 2) to destroy a) to lose

Please explain O mighty one.

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

I'm glad to see you have decided to look into these matters! As the Scriptures saith:
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1Thes:5:21) But let's look a little deeper…

Hebrews 1:10-12 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth;
    and the heavens are the works of thine hands: 11: They shall perish; but thou remainest;
    and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12: And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up,
    and they shall
    (God ReNew to) be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Here is how Google translates Hebrews 1:11

“to destroy themselves but you live and everyone as a garment waxes old”

And here is how the word that concerns you “fully” defines (Note: Prefix 575 and root word 3639)…

Greek 622 ἀπόλλυμι (ap-ol'-loo-mee) apollumi: from G575 and the base of G3639
    to destroy fully (reflex, to perish) literally or figuratively.:- destroy, die lose, mar, perish.

(Prefix) Greek 575 ἀπό (apŏ') apo: separation, cessation, completion, reversal.

(Root word) Greek 3639 ὄλεθρος (ŏl'-ĕth-rŏs) olethros: ruin, death, punishment:- destruction.

So what does this mean? It means YHVH will destroy the wicked,
    but the righteous will inherit a “Re-newed” Earth! (Look carefully at verse 12)

(This bible verse sums it up) Psalm 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off:
    but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
    I hope this answers your question to your satisfaction.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

WJ,
    What do you think about Mike's Retreat on Page 101, last post.???

Viewing 20 posts - 1,041 through 1,060 (of 1,827 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account