Mikeboll64 vs francis

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 1,827 total)
  • Author

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 03 2011,12:47)
    Keith!  You say that there is but One God, but the trinity is three in One?  

Irene

The question is to you…

Is Jesus your ONLY Lord“?

Remember the Greek doesn't have capitol letters.

Paul (1 Cor 8:6) and (Jude 1:4) says Jesus is our “Only Lord” and that we have “Only One Lord”.

How do you explain this? Is the Father not Lord?

If he is then you cannot say Jesus is not God.

You quote John 1:1 and claim Jesus is “a god” well is he your God and if not who is he “a god” too?

WJ

Istari
    Participant

Worshipping Jesus,

Thank you for your response.

Do I notice that you have only responded to the OPENING play.

All i did in that was set out the premises… and you were offended by that…

You did not step into the question I asked.

can you explain this, please. What did I say to offend you that you only responded to the opening comments?

Istari
    Participant

Hello Mikeboll64,

Are you saying that “I AM” is past tense? Is that right what I think you are saying?

Sorry Mikeboll64, did you miss this post (BUMP for Mikeboll64)

Istari
    Participant

Worshipping Jesus,
    Here is the post in question:

Can I ask Worshipping Jesus a question I've always wanted to ask a trinitarian:

Trinity says (I believe):
    1) The Father is God
    2) Jesus is God
    3) The Holy Spirit is God
    But when it realises that it has created THREE GODS by mistake, it tries to recover itself by saying “But they are not Three Gods but [the] ONE same God”
    And no one single person in the whole of procreated humanity nor created Heavens can explain this weird anomaly.

Perhaps because it is a product of poor human conception – worse – a conception, the Seed of Satan brought into bodily life by the Roman Nation – the Roman nation that were the very Enemies of God, of Truth and Righteousness.
    Wasn't Emperor Constantine a none-believer until his death bed (Just in case!! – neat twist!!)

But ok, I stray:
    I wanted to ask:
    1) Jesus is the SON of God – yes?
    2) The Spirit is the HOLY Spirit of God – yes?
    3) YHVH, Jehovah, “I AM”, is the Father of God – yes?

Number 3) Intrigues me – YHVH is the Father of God…

Funny, Is this mentioned in the Bible, Scriptures, by credible person – ever…
    and God the Son, is never ever mentioned in Scriptures nor by credible person…
    and neither is there a single term ever used that says “God the holy Spirit” – please please please show me these two things “God the Son” and “God the Holy Spirit”.
    Thanks.

Worshipping Jesus, please indulge me one more time…

If Jesus is the Son of god from Eternity…how did he become the Son…
    For there to be a father – there has to be a Son.
    First the MAN then the Father at the conception of the Son…
    So the MAN must have existed before becoming a Father…yet Trinity says the Son always existed…please explain, thank you.

I look forward to your early response (or just whenever!) but an answer no less – I am intrigued as to your reply – excited even….

Bump for Astaria…

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 30 2010,23:48)
    Worshipping Jesus,

How did you come to say to me that “There is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD”.

Did I not say that.

Hi Astaria

No you didn't, unless I do not understand “clear” English!

I am not sure why you got offended but maybe It is my fault and I wasn't clear enough. Let me see if I can explain it a little better.

The scriptures say there is “Only One True God“.

So let’s break it down.

Only” =  : alone in a class or category : sole  Merriam Webster

One” = : being a single unit or thing Merriam Webster

True” =  : being in accordance with the actual state of affairs Merriam Webster

God” =  : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe Merriam Webster

What that means to me is there are “no other gods period” and that all other so-called gods are merely made or created in the minds of carnal men. The Apostle Paul calls them so-called gods which means they are not gods at all.

Here is what Paul says…

So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “an idol is nothing at all in the world and that “there is no God but one“. For “even if there are so‑called gods“, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 1 Cor 8:4, 5

The main points here are…

• an idol (a god) is nothing at all
  • there is “NO God” but one
  • EVEN IF there are so‑called gods

But now here is what you claim…

Quote (Astaria @ Dec. 30 2010,18:33)
    But Jesus transcends all those accollades…he does something that is “in extremis” for as righteous as many men were – even holding to the very word of God (David, Solomon, Abraham, Daniel, Moses, Jacob, Isaac…These were all “Mighty Gods”) they all did one thing that Jesus did not do: SIN, at some point.

Where is the scriptures that says “David, Solomon, Abraham, Daniel, Moses, Jacob, Isaac…are all Mighty Gods”?

Paul said there is “No God but one“, but you say they all were “Mighty Gods”.

How does yours statement match “Only One True God“?

It seems to be double talk to me and ludicrous.

So you got offended for what reason?

Polytheism = : belief in or worship of more than one god Merriam Webster

Please explain!

WJ

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 03 2011,13:38)
Worshipping Jesus,

Thank you for your response.

Do I notice that you have only responded to the OPENING play.

All i did in that was set out the premises… and you were offended by that…

You did not step into the question I asked.

can you explain this, please. What did I say to offend you that you only responded to the opening comments?

Astaria

Like I said in a previous post which I bumped up. I was not offended in the least, it seemed that you are. Don't flatter yourself because I have heard all your arguments a thousand times and have found them lacking in proof that the Trinity is not scriptural.

Did it bother you that I only responded to your opening premise? I don't have the time to address everything and don''t expect you to do the same unless It is asked of me again.

Why didn't you address all the points in my post? :)

Blessings WJ

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 03 2011,13:41)
Worshipping Jesus,
Here is the post in question:

1) The Father is God
2) Jesus is God
But when it realises that it has created THREE GODS by mistake, it tries to recover itself by saying “But they are not Three Gods but [the] ONE same God”
And no one single person in the whole of procreated humanity nor created Heavens can explain this weird anomaly.

Perhaps because it is a product of poor human conception – worse – a conception, the Seed of Satan brought into bodily life by the Roman Nation – the Roman nation that were the very Enemies of God, of Truth and Righteousness.
Wasn't Emperor Constantine a none-believer until his death bed (Just in case!! – neat twist!!)

But ok, I stray:
I wanted to ask:
1) Jesus is the SON of God –  yes?

and neither is there a single term ever used that says “God the holy Spirit” – please please please show me these two things “God the Son” and “God the Holy Spirit”.
Thanks.

So the MAN must have existed before becoming a Father…yet Trinity says the Son always existed…please explain, thank you.

I look forward to your early response (or just whenever!) but an answer no less – I am intrigued as to your reply – excited even….

Hi Istari

And I responded to it here…

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 02 2011,20:06)
I'm not sure what this thread is about – there are two of them but people are posting in them even though it says “Mikeboll64 vs francis”.

I'm sure i got told of as Astaria in the other thread? Why are there two and how come some can post in here and not et told off.

Hi Istari

Because the other thread is in the debate catagory and this one is not. In the debate catagory only the two that are debating can reply in that thread unless the two have agreed to let others respond. The purpose is so that others cannot interrupt the debate. This thread was created to allow others to comment on the debate but notice it was not created in the debates thread.

1) The Father is God

True! The scritpures say so.

2) Jesus is God

True, the scritpures call Jesus God.

True, the scriptures call the Holy Spirit God.

This is called a fallacy or a strawman. God is plural and yet One. A husband and wife are One flesh. Humanity is plural and yet One. The universe is plural and yet One. Can you name one thing in the Universe that is not plural? The Molecular structure of the Universe is Plural and the Universe reveals the Glory of God. Because you do not understand this truth does not mean it is not true.

What do you do with scripture that says Jesus is God yet says there is “Only One True God“? ???

The whole premise of your argument is Jesus is not God or the Tinity is not scriptural so I addressed that now please address my questions

WJ

Baker
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 04 2011,05:21)

Irene

The question is to you…

Paul (1 Cor 8:6) and (Jude 1:4) says Jesus is our “Only Lord” and that we have “Only One Lord”.

You quote John 1:1 and claim Jesus is “a god” well is he your God and if not who is he “a god” too?

WJ

WJ Then tell me why in the old Test. it mostly, if not all of the time, LORD is written in capital letters. My husband has a Rye Study Bible and in the footnotes it says” The reason why LORD and Lord is used because the translators did not want to use God's name in vain.” Both Jesus and His Father have other names. Also you have not addressed all of those Scriptures I gave you….
Especially 1 Corinth. 11:3
And no Jesus Lord and Jehovah LORD, there is a difference, being that Jesus Father is greater then He is, by Jesus own words.

1Cr 8:6 But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

In both Scriptures it says AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST. ONLY ONE LORD GOD AND LORD JESUS CHRIST.

those scriptures take nothing away from Jehovah God WHO IS ABOVE ALL.

Peace Irene
Peace Irene

KangarooJack
Participant

Istari wrote:

But Jesus transcends all those accollades…he does something that is “in extremis” for as righteous as many men were – even holding to the very word of God (David, Solomon, Abraham, Daniel, Moses, Jacob, Isaac…These were all “Mighty Gods”) they all did one thing that Jesus did not do: SIN, at some point.

And Jesus did that which they could not do. He actually saved men. His predecessors were merely “shadows” of Christ who is the substance. Substance means “real essence.”

Example: Joshua was not the real essence of salvation rest.

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.

Hebrews 2:9

Jesus IS the real essence of rest:

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Matthew 11:28-29

Istari is still guilty of redacting the person of Christ. He thinks that he elevates Christ over His predecessors by his admission that Christ was sinless. But Christ was also the substance of which His predecessors were but mere shadows. And if Christ is the substance then He is God for God is the substance.

Roo

Istari
Participant

Worshipping Jesus,

are you ill like the others in this forum.

Every post you made to me above is full of warped something or other.

I feel fear in you. Your posts reveal that your are fearfilled.

You say you responded to me and post up something that wasn't even in the post I made to you…

And you claim to answer my question by posting up the PREMISE tht you answered to before even though the PREMISE was not the question.
you claim you don't have time to answer you then go on to post a whole load of twaddle that you posted before. Could you not have spent the time answer where it says

But ok, I stray:
I wanted to ask:

Thanks.

The bolded part is the intro to the question….

And just in your previous post you somehow allude that i can't understand “ONLY TRUE GOD”…that is so insulting – yet why am I not feeling insulted – why am i amazed…where did that come from? What did I do – did you confuse me with some one else – Were WE arguing this point? I think not.

I KNOW that GOD ALMIGHTY is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. Worshipping Jesus – did I not say that? Why are you arguing with me when I AGREE WITH YOU?????

Moreover, why use the word TRUE in “TRUE GOD” unless there were others called “God” and there needs to be a way to distinguish the “ONE TRUE GOD” from the OTHER “So-Called GODS”
You even quote your own Epitaph by saying “Paul says 'So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “an idol is nothing at all in the world and that “there is no God but one”. For “even if there are so‑called gods”, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”), 1 Cor 8:4, 5'”

See Worshipping Jesus, even as you make narsty remarks to me for no reason (I don't know where you are getting angry at me – did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?) you provide your own hangman's noose – like Haman did in “Book of Esther”.

Paul says “as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”“. I notice you skipped that part in your red-raged anger.

AND Jesus himself said “Why do you marvel that i say that i am the Son of God – Did not God call them 'gods' unto whom the word of God came?”
Who are those that the word of God came to; were they not the Patriachs just as i listed them.

WorshippingJesus, do you even know the Scriptures. It appears you are a long way of understanding even simple Scriptures – not because you can't but because you are on a campaign to distort the word of god and being WishyWashy is the only way you can make things appear to work.

Your explanations are shallow and full of holes. Indeed they have to be shallow because to go indepth would mean making even worse distortions that are so obvious even Mikeboll64 could make a stand against you?

So, worshipping Jesus. I came asking a set of simple question to a trinitarian and end up with abuse…wow – i touched a raw nerve…must have!!

Istari
Participant

WorshippingJesus,
let me start again…

I believe there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD…we agree with this – do not post again that I neither understand what this means or that i was disagreeing with you.

Istari
Participant

WorshippingJesus,
I only asked a polite question:

But ok, I stray:
I wanted to ask:

Thanks.

KangarooJack
Participant

BUMPED

Istari wrote:

And Jesus did that which they could not do. He actually saved men. His predecessors were merely “shadows” of Christ who is the substance. Substance means “real essence.”

Example: Joshua was not the real essence of salvation rest.

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.

Hebrews 2:9

Jesus IS the real essence of rest:

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Matthew 11:28-29

Istari is still guilty of redacting the person of Christ. He thinks that he elevates Christ over His predecessors by his admission that Christ was sinless. But Christ was also the substance of which His predecessors were but mere shadows. And if Christ is the substance then He is God for God is the substance.

Roo

Istari
Participant

Roo,

I feel you have misunderstood me.

It seems no matter what anyone says – even in positiveness, some one is attempting to pull someone else down.

but ok,

Jesus is the Substance…therefore he is God…
What is this SUBSTANCE that you speak of?

Does Jesus GIVE LIFE – does Jesus merely the channel through whom LIFE (FROM THE FATHER) is given to Save all Men who asceed to the glory of Salvation?

Jesus does not GIVE LIFE directly because LIFE comes FROM GOD ALMIGHTY alone.
Jesus GIVES LIFE in that he says who and who, through the judgement, will have LIFE.

Like a Judge – GIVES a sentence to a criminal. The SENTENCE (The LIFE!!) is not FROM THE JUDGE himself – is it?
No, the Judge operates within GUIDELINES and chooses a sentence applicable to the crime – Those SENTENCES are laid down BY LAW – not the judge…

Jesu also operates within the guidelines of God Almighty and give 'life' according to the his ruling as judge at the ressurection.

But see here also: The HEIRS of GOD, the SONS of God, the Brothers of Christ , WILL ALSO BE JUDGES – so ROO, we will have 144,001 judges who will GIVE LIFE (Or not!) to those of the second resurrection.

Yes, Jesus, begotten Son, the PreEminent HEIR of GOD, and 144,000 others begotten Heirs of God from every tribe, every nation, every tongue, ever free-man every slave, every Jew, Gentile, proscelyte, Roman, Greek, etc., etc… who asceed to the heavenly place next to Christ.

So, if Jesus is God, then there will also be144,000 other Gods.

oh, but wait, WorshippingJesus says they are no other “Gods” (note – GodS) not no other GOD ALMIGHTY.

I believe that i gave an definition of GODS but of course that was conveniently ignored…

Just tell me what do you want out of saying Jesus is GOD ALMIGHTY when not one single scripture verse says so – what are you hoping to gain from it except to call Scriptures a liar. And if Scriptures is a liar then why are you using it for your own defence? See – you won web of deceit catches you – always will…!!

Irene

The question is to you…

WJ

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 03 2011,14:19)
WJ  Then tell me why in the old Test. it mostly, if not all of the time, LORD is written in capital letters.

Irene

The capitol letters were added by the Translators. They are not in the original Hebrew and Greek text.

You say LORD is God and Lord is Jesus.

Who is this scripture speaking of?…

And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS“. Rev 19:16

How many masters and Lords do you serve?

WJ

Istari
Participant

ROO,

How is Jesus God – if he is only the HEIR of God…

The 144, 000 are also HEIRs of God as Jesus is Heir of God …

Baker
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 04 2011,07:00)

Irene

The question is to you…

WJ

WJ  Then tell me why in the old Test. it mostly, if not all of the time, LORD is written in capital letters.

Irene

The capitol letters were added by the Translators. They are not in the original Hebrew and Greek text.

And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS“. Rev 19:16

WJ

WJ Tell me why should I answer your question, when all you have been doing is avoiding mine…..
Peace Irene

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 03 2011,14:26)
Worshipping Jesus,

are you ill like the others in this forum.

Every post you made to me above is full of warped something or other.

Whats with the mean spirit? It sounds like frustration to me. Why are you being so rasp and harsh?

I feel fear in you. Your posts reveal that your are fearfilled.

I already know of what spirit you are of my friend and believe me I am not afraid for God has not given me a Spirit of fear.

You say you responded to me and post up something that wasn't even in the post I made to you…

And you claim to answer my question by posting up the PREMISE tht you answered to before even though the PREMISE was not the question.
you claim you don't have time to answer you then go on to post a whole load of twaddle that you posted before. Could you not have spent the time answer where it says

But ok, I stray:
I wanted to ask:
1) Jesus is the SON of God –  yes?

I claimed I had responded to the premise of your post that Jesus is not God or that the Trinity is not scriptural, and then put forth some questions for you to answer but it seems you were afraid to answer them.

It should have been enough for you but I will oblige you and answer you questions…

1. Yes Jesus is the Son of God, now please explain to me what you do with the scriptures that call Jesus God.

2. Yes the Spirit is the Holy Spirit of God and since we know that God is a Spirit and there is only “One Spirit” then we know that the Spirit is God.

3. No YHVH is not the Father of God since we know that “God” is a being in a metaphysical class of his own and does not have a Father.

Thanks.

First you assume to much. The term God the Son is derived from scriptures that also call the Son God as well as the Holy Spirit.

I could list them all for you but feel like it might be a little to much right now.

But the first one being John 1:1 for Jesus (the Word) being God.

Second Acts 5:3, 4 says the Holy Ghost is God. God is Spirit John 4:4, and there is only One Spirit, right?

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17

The scriptures says “there is only “One Lord”” (1 Cor 8:6 Jude 1:4) so who is the Lord in 2 Cor 3:17?

ONCE AGAIN I WILL ASK…”What do you do with scripture that says Jesus is God yet says there is “Only One True God“? ???

The rest of your post is condescending and full of ad-hominems but if I haven’t answered your questions then please tell me. Please take deep breaths when you respond so that to much emotion doesn’t come through your post. :)

This is supposed to be friendly dialogue and not full of ad-hominems, critisisms and condemnation eminating from a condescending spirit.

Blessings WJ

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 03 2011,15:56)

Irene

The question is to you…

WJ

Irene

WJ

WJ Tell me why should I answer your question, when all you have been doing is avoiding mine…..
Peace Irene

Irene

You don't have to answer it, I don't care. I am only showing you that Jesus is also called “LORD” as well as God and that according to scriptures we only have “One LORD and One God”.

HMMM, that sounds like what Thomas said…

My Lord and My God!

Blessings WJ

Baker
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 04 2011,07:59)

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 03 2011,15:56)

Irene

The question is to you…

WJ

Irene

WJ

Peace Irene

Irene

You don't have to answer it, I don't care. I am only showing you that Jesus is also called “LORD” as well as God and that according to scriptures we only have “One LORD and One God”.

HMMM, that sounds like what Thomas said…

My Lord and My God!

Blessings WJ

I thought so, never answering questions about the Scriptures, only more of your question.
Peace to you and have a nice day….Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 1,827 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account