Mercy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    You said in another forum

“To those who show mercy, mercy will be shown. “

I agree.
    Scripture says in mt5

” 7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. “

Romans 9:23
    And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Romans 11:30
    For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

So why would you teach God will save all on the basis of this verse in Rom11?

Romans 11:32
    For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

This is the context that cannot be ignored
    “26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

30For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

31Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.”

meerkat
    Participant

Nick

It is not just isolated verses that point to disobedience of all and salvation of all after judgement for deeds done in the flesh, it is taking scriptures in context that point to a overall plan of God, and he has revealed it in “types” physical Israel chosen, physical Israel disobedient, physical Israel judged, spiritual {all} Israel saved. Because when God says that all will be judged on their deeds – that is what he means. Those that believe and are faithful i.e do Gods will are spared judgement because they do the things of the spirit and not of the flesh – flesh will perish, spirit will be saved.

When he talks about the salvation of Israel that relates to Israel, however it is also a “type” – he has concluded them all in disbelief so that he can save them all – not some, without disobedience there can be no mercy, without judgement and repentance there will be no mercy, disobedience did not catch God by surprise, he knew that all would be disobedient, and he will have mercy on all – but there is judgement for everyones actual deeds in the flesh, and resurrection is life, is of the spirit.

1 Cor 15:22-28 in adam = all die (flesh – wages of sin = death)

In Christ = all will be made alive (spirit = life)

but each in their own order

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    So what you present here is sufficiently convincing for you to teach
    what was never found in the mouth of our Master,
    that all men will be saved?

Tiffany
    Participant

Maria Do you agree with Georg that most if not all will come up in the Millenium, but each in their order like you say, and will be judged. Judgement starts with the House of God, His Church, right? We do have a merciful God.

Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene,
    Rev20
    5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 24 2008,08:02)
    Nick

It is not just isolated verses that point to disobedience of all and salvation of all after judgement for deeds done in the flesh, it is taking scriptures in context that point to a overall plan of God, and he has revealed it in “types” physical Israel chosen, physical Israel disobedient, physical Israel judged, spiritual  {all} Israel saved.    Because when God says that all will be judged on their deeds  – that is what he means. Those that believe and are faithful i.e do Gods will are spared judgement because they do the things of the spirit and not of the flesh – flesh will perish, spirit will be saved.  

When he talks about the salvation of Israel that relates to Israel, however it is also a “type” – he has concluded them all in disbelief so that he can save them all – not some, without disobedience there can be no mercy, without judgement and repentance there will be no mercy, disobedience did not catch God by surprise, he knew that all would be disobedient, and he will have mercy on all – but there is judgement for everyones actual deeds in the flesh, and resurrection is life, is of the spirit.

1 Cor 15:22-28  in adam   =  all die (flesh – wages of sin = death)

meerkat………i agree with you completely on this.

peace and love to you and yours Sis………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

meerkat……..here is another scripture about God mercy……1 Ch 16:34…> O give thanks unto the LORD. for He is GOOD; for His (MERCY) endureth forever. There are about 20 or 30 or more scripture that say that same thing.

Tit 3:5….> Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his (MERCY) he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the HOLY Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior.

love and peace to you and yours……………gene

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2008,10:18)
    Hi MK,
    So what you present here is sufficiently convincing for you to teach
    what was never found in the mouth of our Master,
    that all men will be saved?

Nick

This is a forum for people to chat to each other – I am not teaching however I am searching and sharing what I have learnt/am learning ………. scripture taken out of context and pasted with other scriptures can be used by anyone to support any doctrine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes MK,
    So we should not teach universalism as that is a classic.
    Our Master demands a higher standard of proof.
    His words.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 24 2008,10:20)
    Maria Do you agree with Georg that most if not all will come up in the Millenium, but each in their order like you say, and will be judged. Judgement starts with the House of God, His Church, right? We do have a merciful God.

Peace and Love Irene

Has Georg got a post/s that I can look at on what the timeframes are starting from judgement 70AD to God all in all?? Has he got anything posted on a website?

I would agree that the millenium when Jesus reigns is when judgement would be happening.

I have been wondering if the judgement starts at the “house of God” meant the judgement against the Jews (as the chosen but unfaithful servant)

Yes we do have a merciful God – it overwhelms me at times when I think of it!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Folk spend their lives being religious
    when a little mercy would do more for them.

Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 24 2008,08:02)
    Nick

It is not just isolated verses that point to disobedience of all and salvation of all after judgement for deeds done in the flesh, it is taking scriptures in context that point to a overall plan of God, and he has revealed it in “types” physical Israel chosen, physical Israel disobedient, physical Israel judged, spiritual  {all} Israel saved.    Because when God says that all will be judged on their deeds  – that is what he means. Those that believe and are faithful i.e do Gods will are spared judgement because they do the things of the spirit and not of the flesh – flesh will perish, spirit will be saved.  

1 Cor 15:22-28  in adam   =  all die (flesh – wages of sin = death)

Hi MK:

These scriptures may help:

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they [are] not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, [are they] all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, [that] in the place where it was said unto them, Ye [are] not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some assume the mercy of God includes His forgiveness.

But this is mercy
    Lk16
    5So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?

6And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.

7Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.

8And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

And here the publican is forgiven
    Lk18
    9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The sovereign mercy of God is mighty.
    But it is confined in Judgement.

Mt25
    34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……. the merciful shall recieve mercy. If you forgive others it shall be forgiven you, if you do not forgives others there transgressions neither shall your Heavenly Father forgive you your transgression. The weighter matter of the Law is Judgment with mercy.

peace………………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

Man is incapable of righteousness, the ruler of this world has been judged and the sin that causes death relates to failure to believe in the one sent by God.

How can that that is not good do good?  Still God does good and if He and His Son live in you then you can do good by living by the Holy Spirit.  You can do good because it is God living in your limbs even as He lives in the limbs of His Son Jesus the Messiah.    That is God’s mercy to His people who desire to be like Him in true righteousness and holiness but are humble enough to admit they cannot do it by human effort.   This is why Jesus said:

Matthew 11:28-30(NIV) reads:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    But you must be reborn from above,
    Only God is good and only God's Spirit can produce good fruit

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Amen to that.

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    They did not realise they were doing anything towards their salvation when they kindly helped the needy brothers of Jesus.

Cindy
    Participant

Nick

If being kind to others makes you deserving of God's mercy, it is no longer mercy. Mercy is God's forgiveness for your sins for Christs sake, not for your sake, if you except the sacrifice of Christ; and it is because of what Christ has done for you, you are kind to your brother, love your brother, and than you can hope for God's mercy.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account