Mary the mother of god?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

(3) When she was delivered, she said: “O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!”- and Allah knew best what she brought forth- “And no wise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected.”
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #36)

4) Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: “O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?” She said: “From Allah. for Allah Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure.”
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #37)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 24 2009,14:39)
    (3) When she was delivered, she said: “O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!”- and Allah knew best what she brought forth- “And no wise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected.”  
    (  سورة آل عمران  , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #36)

4) Right graciously did her Lord accept her: He made her grow in purity and beauty: To the care of Zakariya was she assigned. Every time that he entered (Her) chamber to see her, He found her supplied with sustenance. He said: “O Mary! Whence (comes) this to you?” She said: “From Allah. for Allah Provides sustenance to whom He pleases without measure.”  
    (  سورة آل عمران  , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #37)

Jesus was God in her womb. She is the Theotokos (God-bearer)

To confess any less is material heresy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So heresy is defined by catholic doctrine?
    God was in him[2Cor5]

Was God in God ?

Read acts 10.38

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:36)
    Hi CA,
    So heresy is defined by catholic doctrine?
    God was in him[2Cor5]

Was God in God ?

Read acts 10.38

I think it is hilarious that you presume to interpret 2Cor5 and Acts 10:38 when you can't provide for me the authority on which you presume to view these books and passages as part of the infallible, inerrant canon.

ha ha ha.

Would it offend you if I told you that I get a serious kick out of you? lol

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    I ask that you read the sacred word of God and compare with your catholic teachings.
    But perhaps you have chosen another master?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi AC,
    I can see why you worship Mary if God was her child.
    But does it not make your god too small?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:44)
    Hi AC,

How dare you accuse me of this?

To worship Mary is to commit mortal sin and put oneself in danger of hell fire.

You don't have a clue about what the Catholic church teaches, do you?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:41)
    Hi CA,
    I ask that you read the sacred word of God and compare with your catholic teachings.

And I ask that you tell me on what authority you claim the Scriptures to be the Sacred Word of God?

Perhaps your master is yourself?

BTW, I think it is clear that I read the Bible.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 24 2009,17:26)

Hi CA,

And I ask that you tell me on what authority you claim the Scriptures to be the Sacred Word of God?

Are the scriptures the sacred word of God?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CA….Here it is for you…..2TI 3:16…> All scripture is given by the (INSPIRATION OF GOD), and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17..> That the man of GOD may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

CA >Is that good enough for you.

peace and love………………………..gene

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 24 2009,17:37)

Hi CA,

Yes. As are the Councils, the Sacred Oral Tradition, and the teaching of the Magisterium.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 24 2009,17:24)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:44)
    Hi AC,

How dare you accuse me of this?

You don't have a clue about what the Catholic church teaches, do you?

Maybe Nick does not, but I do since we were born into the Catholic religion. From birth until my Husband was 47 and I was 46. I am forever thankful to God that He called me out of that Church. When you say the Rosary you pray to Maria.
    And you find nothing wrong with that? Also we used to believe that Maria stayed a Virgin. Not so.
    Math. 1:25 and did not know Her til She had brought forth Her firstborn Son. And He called Him Jesus;
    Yeah, what do you think that means? He was engaged to Her, and He did know Her? They did not have sex until after Jesus was born. Jesus also had other Brothers and Sisters.

Mark 3:31,32,35.

You know we are supposed to prove all things. We never even read the Bible when wee attended the R.C.C. I don't know about now, but back then we just believed the Priest, that He for gave our Sins. Nobody but God can forgive our sins and I don;t have to go to a Priest to do so. Jesus is our Mediator between God and us.
    Irene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 24 2009,17:40)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 24 2009,17:37)

Hi CA,

Yes.  As are the Councils, the Sacred Oral Tradition, and the teaching of the Magisterium.

How is the pope related in any way to Peter?

david
    Participant

Jesus was God in her womb. She is the Theotokos (God-bearer)

To confess any less is material heresy.

–CA

Hi CA.

What if I confessed that he was the “Son of God”?

1 JOHN 4:15
    “Whoever makes the confession that Jesus Christ is the Son of God . . .”

According to John, if we are to remain in union with God, what must confess?

I would not call John a heretic. Yet, he is telling others to confess that Jesus is the Son “of” God.

david

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So you do not pray to Mary?

david
    Participant

Congratulations Nick. You have found another person who believes in the pagan God dishonoring non-biblical hellfire belief. I knew someone would eventually show up.

david
    Participant

Hi Nick. I've been gone for 5 months. What did I miss? How are you doing?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 24 2009,18:56)
    Hi Nick.  I've been gone for 5 months.  What did I miss?  How are you doing?

Hi David,

You've been missed. Don't stay away so long.

I think a thread worth looking at is one that Keith started regarding the Spirit. He and Kathi have been having some pretty lively debate over there – it's good.

Regarding CA and the Catholics, it's interesting that the JW's just came to my door the other day and handed me a booklet about which religion to choose. They pictured someone kissing a priests hand. In a picture right next to it they pictured Jesus washing the disciples feet……

CA – David is a JW, just fyi. I don't know what I am, I haven't found a box that fits yet. :;):

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

When you pray the Rosary…..are you praying to Mary?

Cato
    Participant

In the Bible all references to the Queen of Heaven refer to the goddess Asherah not Mary!  Mary was  associated with the title only after the Council of Ephesus proclaimed her such.

Jer 7:18 “The children gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough and make cakes of bread for the Queen of Heaven.”

Jeremiah 44:17- 19  We will certainly do everything we said we would: We will burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and will pour out drink offerings to her just as we and our fathers, our kings and our officials did in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. At that time we had plenty of food and were well off and suffered no harm.
    But ever since we stopped burning incense to the Queen of Heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have had nothing and have been perishing by sword and famine.”
    The women added, “When we burned incense to the Queen of Heaven and poured out drink offerings to her, did not our husbands know that we were making cakes like her image and pouring out drink offerings to her?”

Jeremiah 44:25
    This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: You and your wives have shown by your actions what you promised when you said, 'We will certainly carry out the vows we made to burn incense and pour out drink offerings to the Queen of Heaven.' “Go ahead then, do what you promised! Keep your vows!

So based on scripture I would have to say Asherah has a better claim to the title.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account