Marriage definition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 21 2011,05:06)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 14 2011,12:14)

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 14 2011,04:53)
    Pierre: Was that the story about Lot when he was in the city of Sodom and the men came to his door to kill somebody and Lot tried to pacify the crazed, bloodthirsty men by offering his two daughters to them to do with as they pleased? So, which one was ungodly in your opinion? And then when Lot settled down in another area he had sex with both his daughters and produced offspring from both. How are we doin so far….are we religious yet!!  TK

tk

first ;yes it is that story but only the destruction judgement on those cities

as for the action of the daughters ,you should think ,scriptures did not say it was done for sex,and they made the father drunk,

the law for the interdiction of that practice came with Moses.
    as far that it goes his daughters were engaged to two fellows already or became at that time this i do not know ,but how would a men of God be acting in this way unless we interpreting the words in a wrong way,

Pierre

Pierre:  Or maybe you have deep seeded religious doctrines and ideas about sex and many other things that are not against God and never have been.

You put Gods chosen men up on a pedestal and try to make them into some religious form of what you consider purity or any reason they might be “better” than all the rest. These guys resisted Kings orders, they had hundreds of wives, hundreds of concubines, drank much, had inner family relations, killed thousands, and much much more! These great men are far, far from religious. They were, “GODLY” men. They believed their hearts and held fast to the voice of God.

There is to much more to show a person with very small perceptions of truth. TK

tk

you really do not get it ,what i was saying ,it is hard to believe that a man that has been truthful all his live suddenly becomes corrupt ?

yes you may demonstrate that Solomon,the wise became corrupt and drifted away from his God ,but this did not came over night ,

read the story and you would see that he start early and slowly to take on the fruits of corruption, way before it became clear that he was at the end in no position to change it ,

it is the same with all of us ,if we think that we are safe and strong ,this is the feeling before the fall,

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

t8: WOW! THAT IS TRUE! POWERFUL POST! One accurate truth like that can energize me for weeks maybe years!! It seems to me if we just get busy accepting what Jesus says we are we will find a powerful loving God that want us to stand up and be what he says we are!! Thank you for that power truth. God bless you, TK

ftk
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 14 2011,12:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 13 2011,19:14)
    as far that it goes his daughters were engaged to two fellows already or became at that time this i do not know

Pierre,

The two daughters were virgins, pledged to be married.  But the future sons in law laughed at Lot when he tried to get them to leave with him.  Then Lot's wife became a pillar of salt.  So that left just Lot and his two daughters alone.

31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

There was a sensible reason for them doing what they did.  At least in their eyes at the time.

Mike: Shall we attempt to justify those of the old testament so that we can continue to condemn our current brothers and sisters for what they do or don't do?

The old testament was LOADED with Gods people doing what the religious world today calls “SIN”.

Self condemnation or condemnation of others as doing wrong in the eyes of God may be one of the reasons ailments, sickness and diseases are rampant and getting more-so.

I will follow Jesus and set them all free. Then love my own freedom!! TK

ftk
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 13 2011,03:35)

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 12 2011,07:35)
    Were you so busy condemning the “effeminate” persons mentioned in the KJV that you didn't even look up the word and see what it really means?

Actually, I did look it up Tim.

From NETNotes:
    This term is sometimes rendered “effeminate,” although in contemporary English usage such a translation could be taken to refer to demeanor rather than behavior. BDAG 613 s.v. μαλακός 2 has “pert. to being passive in a same-sex relationship, effeminate esp. of catamites, of men and boys who are sodomized by other males in such a relationship.” L&N 88.281 states, “the passive male partner in homosexual intercourse – ‘homosexual.’ …As in Greek, a number of other languages also have entirely distinct terms for the active and passive roles in homosexual intercourse.” See also the discussion in G. D. Fee, First Corinthians (NICNT), 243-44. A number of modern translations have adopted the phrase “male prostitutes” for μαλακοί in 1 Cor 6:9 (NIV, NRSV, NLT) but this could be misunderstood by the modern reader to mean “males who sell their services to women,” while the term in question appears, at least in context, to relate to homosexual activity between males. Furthermore, it is far from certain that prostitution as commonly understood (the selling of sexual favors) is specified here, as opposed to a consensual relationship. Thus the translation “passive homosexual partners” has been used here.

Tim it is not my business to judge those who pervert sexuality as God intended it to be, ie:  between a man and a woman.

But it is not your job to defend those who God detests.  (Leviticus 18:22)

We will both answer for our stands on this issue, Tim.  I cannot go wrong being of one mind with my God in this matter.

Mike: Wow, I missed this post. Never saw it until now.

Pervert: any abnormal sexual act! How broad can that comment possibly be??

Non-“NORMAL” sex act….! Have you ever had…non-normal sex?

It is my job to attempt to be as much like Jesus as I can be! Jesus condemned no one but the religious hierarchy of that time. He also told all who would hear, condemn not….lest ye be condemned! To me that means if I don't point the finger at other and tell them that they are wrong in the eyes of God then I won't be condemned either.

If your God “detests” any human he is not the God of Jesus and the new testament. For a God of Love to kill his own offspring (children/creation) in mass is heinous! Love does not “detest”! There were many so called lords and gods represented in the old test. But the most high God of Jesus is my God and he is love which creates and builds up life, it does not destroy or tear down life. It is correct that being of one mind with the god of the old test.you could not go wrong condemning others.

You could go wrong condemning a person according to Jesus or at least condemn yourself! TK

terraricca
    Participant

tk

It is my job to attempt to be as much like Jesus as I can be! Jesus condemned no one but the religious hierarchy of that time. He also told all who would hear, condemn not….lest ye be condemned! To me that means if I don't point the finger at other and tell them that they are wrong in the eyes of God then I won't be condemned either.

If your God “detests” any human he is not the God of Jesus and the new testament. For a God of Love to kill his own offspring (children/creation) in mass is heinous! Love does not “detest”! There were many so called lords and gods represented in the old test. But the most high God of Jesus is my God and he is love which creates and builds up life, it does not destroy or tear down life. It is correct that being of one mind with the god of the old test.you could not go wrong condemning others.

You could go wrong condemning a person according to Jesus or at least condemn yourself! TK

it seems that you do not know the God of Jesus Christ ,it seems you have made your own god and christ just to your satisfaction,and weaknesses

did you not know that God will destroy the wicket ones ?? the liars,the murderers,

Rev 21:27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Rev 22:14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
    Rev 22:15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

it is still time Tim read the scriptures and follow them and be saved

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 21 2011,13:39)
    it seems that you do not know the God of Jesus Christ ,it seems you have made your own god and christ just to your satisfaction

Sorry Tim,

But Pierre has hit the nail right on the head with these words.  You have been piecing together your own God out of only the scriptures you WANT to apply to your God.

Job 2
    9 His wife said to him, “Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!”

10 He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?

See, your made up God would only bring good upon Job at all times.  But He who is actually your God, my God, and everyone's God, allowed trouble to come to Job for His own reasons – reasons unknown to Job.

Tim, it's not wise to invent your own God using only the scriptures in which you like how God is described. It is not wise to believe ONLY the “love” part, and ignore the “wrath” part. I feel you are misleading yourself.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 21 2011,04:38)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 13 2011,03:35)
    Tim it is not my business to judge those who pervert sexuality as God intended it to be, ie:  between a man and a woman.

But it is not your job to defend those who God detests.  (Leviticus 18:22)

We will both answer for our stands on this issue, Tim.  I cannot go wrong being of one mind with my God in this matter.

Mike: Wow, I missed this post. Never saw it until now.

No problem.  It was my final word on the subject of homosexuals anyway.  I can't think of anything else that needs to be said.

ftk
    Participant

Mike: My only purpose for writing what I believe to be the truth is to share the love! Love is the answer! Love covers all. Jesus loved the woman caught in the act of adultery. The New Testament God revealed by Jesus as ''Love'' does not detest anyone, God is love, there is no “detest” energy or feelings in God. There is no darkness in God. God is pure light. To be in God,one must be in light. Pure light has no evil, death, sin, wrong, bad, hurtful, angry anti-love feelings. There is no fear in God/light/love/truth.

GOD IS LOVE SPIRIT!! All evil, destructive, hateful, bad, sinful, unclean spirits are in “outer darkness” with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

All that are “in” God or “of” God are purified LOVE spirits or they cannot be a part of God. God is Truth. Lies are “illusions of truth” set forth in sin/error that deceive and trick the hearer. Illusion will come and go but God moves not. God is forever.

Just some early morning thought pondering. God bless you and yours! God blesses all. God only has blessing to give. Love Blesses! God bless you and God love you are the same. Love speaks well of (blessings). Love does not condemn. Love does not take into account a wrong suffered! Love has no judgment because it only knows good…no evil! IMO, TK

terraricca
    Participant

tk

Mike: My only purpose for writing what I believe to be the truth is to share the love! Love is the answer! Love covers all

it you tell lies ,and believe it ,this is not called LOVE this is called misguided and false witnessing with your lips and what comes out of your lips comes from the heart ;

this is why it is importante that we pay attention to what is written in scriptures so that we are witnessing about the truth of God ;NOT OUR OWN.

only if what you say is in scriptures you are telling the truth,

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

All doctrines I portray to anyone about God are based on scriptures from the New Testament. The words of Jesus are my truth. I you believe that I am apart from the truth in any area please state the scripture(s) and I will respond. Just to generally state that I base all my learning from the Bible on my own desires is much to broad. Yet is does shine a light on the fact that God will give you the desires of your heart. I think that pertains to reading the scriptures also. I was attracted to Jesus at the beginning and branched on to others later. Freedom from religion was probably foremost in my hearts desire. Ask me anything Pierre and I will give you my truth and the scriptures that support that truth. TK

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 23 2011,03:37)
    All that are “in” God or “of” God are purified LOVE spirits or they cannot be a part of God.

But you seem to forget that all are NOT “in God” or “of God”. What about those others, Tim? Will God just continue to love them and accept their evil ways? Or will He finally execute His WRATH upon them, as scripture says He will?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 23 2011,20:37)
    Mike: My only purpose for writing what I believe to be the truth is to share the love! Love is the answer! Love covers all.

Love also hates those things that destroy people. Love means loving righteousness, and loving justice.

Love is not a blind force that turns a blind eye against all sin because that is not love.

If you brought your children up to do whatever they wanted and desired and claim that is love, then you are wrong. That is called neglect.

Homosexual relations is obviously not part of God's design and intended purpose for humanity. His plan is for a man and a woman to marry and have a family.

If you put homosexual unions under the heading of marriage, then you have to open the door to other unions. Children, multiple partners, other beasts. Because believe it or not, there are people who desire such things with exactly the same desire that a homosexual may have.

But not all desires are good and not all conduct is of God. Love doesn't say that all is good. True love is guided by righteousness because righteousness poses no evil or curse upon a person.

Participant

This is what Jesus stated in addressing the issue of divorce:

Matt 19:3-6 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female,

And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Love in  Christ,

Marty

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi ,
         I like what a minister said on the radio; something like this   “people think that when their reading the Holy Bible that they are doing something good; yet in fact,  the Holy Bible is actually reading you. ” ….. So God's people isn't  condemning the worldly , but the worldly condemns it's self.                    John 14:6
       ” Jesus saith unto him, I AM THE way, THE truth, and THE life: no man cometh unto THE Father, but by me. ” .

Wisdom of Solomon 1: 13 For God made not death: neither hath he pleasure in the destruction of the living.

14 For he created all things, that they might have their being: and the generations of the world were healthful; and there is no poison of destruction in them, nor the kingdom of death upon the earth:

15 (For righteousness is immortal)

16 But ungodly men with their works and words called it to them: for when they thought to have it their friend, they consumed to nought, and made a covenant with it, because they are worthy to take part with it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you are unrighteous then you shall reap what you have sown. Like-wise if you are righteous then you shall also reap what you have sown. ….    

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Dec. 25 2011,19:58)
    Hi ,
         I like what a minister said on the radio; something like this   “people think that when their reading the Holy Bible that they are doing something good; yet in fact,  the Holy Bible is actually reading you. ” ….. So God's people isn't  condemning the worldly , but the worldly condemns it's self.                    John 14:6
       ” Jesus saith unto him, I AM THE way, THE truth, and THE life: no man cometh unto THE Father, but by me. ” .

Wisdom of Solomon 1: 13 For God made not death: neither hath he pleasure in the destruction of the living.

14 For he created all things, that they might have their being: and the generations of the world were healthful; and there is no poison of destruction in them, nor the kingdom of death upon the earth:

16 But ungodly men with their works and words called it to them: for when they thought to have it their friend, they consumed to nought, and made a covenant with it, because they are worthy to take part with it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you are unrighteous then you shall reap what you have sown. Like-wise if you are righteous then you shall also reap what you have sown. ….    

Ps 90:1 Lord, you have been our dwelling place
    throughout all generations.
    Ps 90:2 Before the mountains were born
    or you brought forth the earth and the world,
    from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

Ps 90:3 You turn men back to dust,
    saying, “Return to dust, O sons of men.”
    Ps 90:4 For a thousand years in your sight
    are like a day that has just gone by,
    or like a watch in the night.
    Ps 90:5 You sweep men away in the sleep of death;
    they are like the new grass of the morning—
    Ps 90:6 though in the morning it springs up new,
    by evening it is dry and withered.

Ps 90:7 We are consumed by your anger
    and terrified by your indignation.
    Ps 90:8 You have set our iniquities before you,
    our secret sins in the light of your presence.
    Ps 90:9 All our days pass away under your wrath;
    we finish our years with a moan.
    Ps 90:10 The length of our days is seventy years—
    or eighty, if we have the strength;
    yet their span is but trouble and sorrow,
    for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

Ps 90:11 Who knows the power of your anger?
    For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you.

Ps 90:13 Relent, O LORD? How long will it be?
    Have compassion on your servants.
    Ps 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
    that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
    Ps 90:15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
    for as many years as we have seen trouble.
    Ps 90:16 May your deeds be shown to your servants,
    your splendor to their children.

Ps 90:17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us;
    establish the work of our hands for us—
    yes, establish the work of our hands.

Ps 102:18 Let this be written for a future generation,
    that a people not yet created may praise the LORD?
    Ps 102:19 “The LORD looked down from his sanctuary on high,
    from heaven he viewed the earth,
    Ps 102:20 to hear the groans of the prisoners
    and release those condemned to death.”
    Ps 102:21 So the name of the LORD will be declared in Zion
    and his praise in Jerusalem
    Ps 102:22 when the peoples and the kingdoms
    assemble to worship the LORD.

Ps 103:9 He will not always accuse,
    nor will he harbor his anger forever;
    Ps 103:10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
    or repay us according to our iniquities.
    Ps 103:11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his love for those who fear him;

Ps 104:34 May my meditation be pleasing to him,
    as I rejoice in the LORD.
    Ps 104:35 But may sinners vanish from the earth
    and the wicked be no more.

this is my answer to you

pierre

Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Dec. 25 2011,12:58)
    Hi ,

Hi Happyman:

Our commission is to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

ftk
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 25 2011,08:38)

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 23 2011,20:37)
    Mike: My only purpose for writing what I believe to be the truth is to share the love!  Love is the answer! Love covers all.

Love also hates those things that destroy people. Love means loving righteousness, and loving justice.

Love is not a blind force that turns a blind eye against all sin because that is not love.

If you brought your children up to do whatever they wanted and desired and claim that is love, then you are wrong. That is called neglect.

Homosexual relations is obviously not part of God's design and intended purpose for humanity. His plan is for a man and a woman to marry and have a family.

If you put homosexual unions under the heading of marriage, then you have to open the door to other unions. Children, multiple partners, other beasts. Because believe it or not, there are people who desire such things with exactly the same desire that a homosexual may have.

But not all desires are good and not all conduct is of God. Love doesn't say that all is good. True love is guided by righteousness because righteousness poses no evil or curse upon a person.

T8: If you read the Bible definition of ''love'' that Paul gives, love doesn't even seek for its-self…Love doesn't take into account a wrong done do it….how is it that you can say that God [who is love] hates?

The gods revealed in the old testament appeared to hate and destroy life, and command and kill women, children, animals etc. Men “took” many wives( wife: meaning a subordinate), had sex with multiple concubines and any or all!! Patriarchs like Noah and Lot had sex with their own daughters. Abraham with the maid. We must stop our gutless, pissy thinking and accept the truth.

Righteousness is perfection/right standing before God. Righteousness is by faith that God made us righteous!! Actions do not make you righteous or unrighteous. Only faith that God did made us perfect.

When I express love and righteousness to others, it is when I tell anyone who will hear, they are perfect in the eyes of God! They are whatever God has said they are. Clean, whole, sinless, enlightened, etc.! The truth from Jesus took away sin! Sin is no longer unless you believe in sin. If you have Jesus you have no sin.

Love has no hate! The statement [Love hates] that is a lie! We must at least find a god for ourselves that is all one way. GOOD, CREATES MORE LOVE, BUILDS UP OTHERS, SPEAKS KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FREEDOM, LOVE, ALL GOOD AND PERFECT GIFTS OF SPIRIT COMING DOWN FROM GOD TO MANKIND.

How can we continue to follow hate, killing, destruction, and all evil? Destruction of life is not administering life. ONLY RELIGION COULD GET US TO FOLLOW LIES UNTO DESTRUCTION!!

Biblically speaking, pointing the finger at another brother and telling them they are wrong in Gods eyes will bring that very judgment stated, to yourself, not to the other. To his master he either stands or falls!! The only laws you have are the laws you establish for yourself or others. IMO, TK

ftk
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Dec. 25 2011,12:58)
    Hi ,

Happyman: EXCELLENT POST! SO ON TARGET!

THE TRUTH[JESUS]CAME AND GAVE US THE TRUTH THAT WE ARE THE PURE LIGHT OF GOD! THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO BELIEVE, WALK IN THE LIGHT THAT HE GAVE US SHALL LIVE PURE LIFE!

THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO REJECT THE PURE LIGHT AND LOVE DIFFERENT FORMS OF DARKNESS….. THAT CANNOT OVERCOME THE LIGHT BUT CAUSE DAMAGE BY BLOCKING THE LIGHT.

PERFECT IS CREATED BY FAITH IN THE TRUTH FROM JESUS!

NON-PERFECTION IS CREATED BY UN-BELIEF IN THE PERFECTION/ TRUTH FROM JESUS.

NOT A DO IT YOURSELF PERFECTION…WITH ACTION AND EFFORT ON YOUR PART. A PERFECTION BY GOD BY FAITH!

IF WE ONLY WOULD LET THE WORDS OF CHRIST, CREATE US, WE WOULD STAND IN PURE LIFE/PERFECTION!! TK

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Pierre, Marty, TK,
    Pierre, thanks for the scriptures, and your answer to my statement. Marty thank you for adding John 3:16-18 , TK thanks for expressing your statement with excitement and zeal. What an up lift you all have given me; for you have made me shine within. Happy New Year. … :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Dec. 27 2011,17:43)
    Hi Pierre, Marty, TK,
                  Pierre, thanks for the scriptures, and your answer to my statement. Marty thank you for adding John 3:16-18 , TK thanks for expressing your statement with excitement and zeal. What an up lift you all have given me; for you have made me shine within. Happy New Year.     …  :D

:) :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account