Mark 7:13

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Iguazu Falls Argentina

Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” – Mark 7:13

Jesus told us that men can render God’s power as useless because of our traditions. Religions and Christianity included are riddled with traditions that have been passed down to us. In fact traditions are often what defines religions. But Jesus wants us to not be followers of religion but to be followers of himself because it is he who will lead us to the Father. Jesus also said in John 14:6:

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Our brother Paul taught us in Romans 8:13-14 to be led by the Spirit of God and not follow the flesh or our own carnal nature.

for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Our brother John taught us in 1 John 2:15-16 to not be of the world that we live in.

Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

Rather we should be part of the Kingdom of God. Paul taught us this in Romans 14:17.

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

Read about some dreams that were given to me on the subject of tradition that nullifies the power of God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Thy word is truth.

But men have many devious ways of denying it.

It is easy to rationalise and justify human doctrines and the word does not resist such behaviours.

But that does not mean that the logical meanings are always correct.

The word is spiritual and logic might not apply.

Proclaimer
    Participant

True that what is logical for man is not always the truth, but I would contend that such is not really logic. e.g., Man thinks he evolved from apes. While many think that is logical, I would contend that it is illogical. Logos is often viewed as an appeal to logic and there are some things that are logical that upon denial demonstrate that a person is deluded. If God created all things through logos, then that could imply that the physical universe is logical.

It is absolutely logical for example that there is a God and denial of that is without excuse because that truth is evident or logical as created things imply a creator. Mathematics is an example of logic and in describing the physical universe it appears to always work. We often apply logic everyday to get by. e.g., at 5:30 pm it will take me longer to get home because of the traffic. As for spiritual things, logic alone is not apt to work. Love cannot be defined by mere logic it is beyond that.

terraricca
    Participant

hi

Mt 24:4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.
    Mt 24:5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,(or we know the truth about Jesus )’ and will deceive many.

if we are not honest seekers we only will find our own deception ,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

And tradition still rules the understanding of many.

Their faith rests on the interpretations of men and not the Spirit.

They too then are like the whited sepulchres full of dead men’s bones

terraricca
    Participant

N

you then like most here just lay out their view but when asked to supply scriptures they simply have to explain the scriptures for it does not support their view ,

and that practice does what this scripture says ;Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” – Mark 7:13

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

Most here go and check for themselves.

But you wish to be spoon fed?

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

you seem to be the one that his spoon fed ,for you put very little effort in showing truth in your faith

Ed J
    Participant

Mt 24:5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,(or we know the truth about Jesus )’ and will deceive many.

Hi Pierre,

You even attempt to change scripture to match your believe that salvation
    is based on whether others agree with your views or not – of course that’s false.

terraricca
    Participant

ed

why you don’t show your view or like most apostate they don’t have any

Ed J
    Participant

ed

why you don’t show your view or like most apostate they don’t have any

Hi Pierre,

I declare my understanding over and over, but you do not absorb what I say.
    You appear to be SO-FILLED with hate (because I disagree with your beliefs)
    that you purposely spell my name is all lower-case font in an open protest.

Which proves what I say is true:
    Pierre believes that salvation is based on whether others agree with his views or not – of course that’s false.

terraricca
    Participant

ED
    if your teachings are not supported by the scriptures then your teachings are no true to the scriptures disregard what i believe ,but if we both stick to the scriptures we should come out with the same results and our view would be the same,

Ed J
    Participant

if we both stick to the scriptures we should come out with the same results and our view would be the same

Hi Pierre,

If you would stick to Scripture (AKJV Bible) it would certainly help you to understand the things I say.
    But when you read a corrupted version of the bible (ie NIV) all kinds of untruths can be believed.

terraricca
    Participant

Ed
    i never prevented you of using your version of the scriptures in laying out the truth ,so use yours and show me wrong ?

Ed J
    Participant

Ed
    i never prevented you of using your version of the scriptures in laying out the truth ,so use yours and show me wrong ?

Hi Pierre,

Because there are so many, I have since started a new thread
    that documents the biblical verses that you don’t believe.
    That is the answer to this your most recent question.

terraricca
    Participant

Ed

so far you did not show anything there ,just saying it is not proving it ,get serious

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Tradition is a foundation of sand.

The Rock of the Spirit is the true foundation.

terraricca
    Participant

N

no the foundation his Christ and so the message given about him by his apostles not you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

Who inspired Jesus and the apostles?

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

was Jesus inspired ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account