Lords supper and collections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    malysc
    Participant

Good Morning….
    When should we take communion?  And when should we collect money in our churches?
    2 Timothy 3:16
    All Scripture is God¬breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
    Colossians 2:8
    Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
    1 Corinthians 16:2:
      On the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper, so that no collections be made when I come.
    Acts 20:7– “And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread
    Did not the apostles do this as they were traveling, communion and collected? I want to be sure we arent picking and choosing the scripture as we would like it to read to suit us.  Help me here. Thanks!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome Mal,
    Seek first the kingdom of God and everything else will be added to you.
    You must be born again of water and the Spirit.
    I am the door of the sheep.

Turn aside from the large and popular, false and divided church of confusion.
    It is useless and a dangerous affront to our awesome God
    Seek fellowship with God and His son.

malysc
    Participant

Thank you for answering. Is it a command to take the Lord's Supper? All my life I have been taught that it is required and upon the first day of the week. yes or no, according to scripture??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

malysc………..Welcome to the site , hope you learn and enjoy it.

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account