Lord = yhwh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 12 2010,00:52)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 11 2010,21:04)
    All written scripture is not inspired by God unless every man on earth or at least every man quoted in the Bible is speaking from Gods inspiration.

There is truth and untruth written by men in the Bible.
    The quotes by the pharisees and saducees were in error. Do you feel that both error and truth are represented in the Bible composite? Then is the error represented from inspriation of God? I don't see that “scripture” as meaning everything written in the Bible.

Hi Tim,

I disagree.  The scripture ARE inspired of God.  That is different from saying that God inspired the liars and murderers of the Bible to lie and murder.  What God inspired was the writers of the Bible to write ABOUT those sinners so we could all learn by example what happens to “good” people and how God deals with “bad” ones.

The Pharisees did not write any of the scriptures Tim.  Their errors were recorded by people who were inspired by God.

mike

Hi Mike,

A most excellent Post!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 12 2010,01:48)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 12 2010,00:26)
    Hi All,

I was wondering the same thing that Ed asked you Pierre.  Pierre and Tim, did you know the earliest fragments of the LXX – the LXX that Jesus read from in the synagogue in Luke 4:17-21 – contain the Hebrew letters YHVH where it was in the Hebrew text?

God's personal name is written in Hebrew letters in the midst of the Greek text.  So when Jesus said things like “I have made your name known”, he was most likely talking about his God's name, YHVH.

“Theos” is a title meaning “mighty one”, just like “god” is.  “Theos” is NOT the NAME of God…………but a title given Him.

It sounds like Tim thinks Jesus' God is someone other than YHVH, “yet for us there is but ONE God, the Father”.

The Father that Jesus prayed to and served is YHVH.

mike

Mike:God bless you: Its not so much that I care what the name is. Its knowing what the name contains. IMO no one name, as you put it can describe God. Now with that said, I meant no disrespect to God (as he knows). To the Jews and or the Hebrews YHVH is the name they used. It is true that Jesus used a title for God in the New Testament, to be more inclusive in the scope of authority & magnificence maybe.

TK

Hi Tim,

It's nice to see you start the repentance process!

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 12 2010,01:48)
    Mike:

When Jesus referred to go in my name and do this or that the religious world has taken that to mean litterally, which I guess is Yeshua.

TK

Hi Tim,

No need for guesswork!
    We have PROVED 'your thoughts' are UNRELIABLE!

The Hebrew word [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă merely means ‘He will save’. Distancing [יה]’s (YÄ's) salvation
    from the man Jesus is a rejection of Jesus=74 as Messiah=74. This subtle distinction of [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă
    purposely substituted for [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă usually goes unnoticed when heard by a non Hebrew-speaking person;
    nevertheless, this wholly implies a specific denial of Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Jesus’ authentic Name [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă has a direct connection to GOD’s name [יה]
    in that YÄ is the first part of Jesus’ “REAL” name. GOD’s name is not vocalized
    in the English translation of the name Jesus and therefore misses the precise exactness
    and direct authentic connection to God’s Hebrew name [יה] YÄ. Jesus’ Name in Hebrew
    יהשוע means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]) the salvation of [GOD the Father=117].
    [יהשוע] “Jesus” REAL name authentically establishes [יהוה] “JEHOVAH” as the highest Name. (Psalm 83:18)

(Phil. 2:9,11: Wherefore [Holy Spirit] has highly exalted [Jesus] giving Him a name
    which is above every name, to the glory of [GOD The Father=117].) Neither is there salvation
    in any other name: for there is no other name given among men (יהשוע), whereby we must be
    saved. (Acts 4:12) People speaking fluent Hebrew know that in essence, [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă
    means: “YÄ is Savior”. The Name of [GOD=26] is [יהוה=26] spoken as [YÄ=26]; and “YÄ-hä-vā”!

“The Savior”=117 is “GOD The Father”=117, (117=”יהוה האלהים” YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm)!
    And He is Savior to all who walk the ground! “JEHOVAH GOD”; and there is ‘NO’ other! (Isaiah 43:11)

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 Isaiah 60:13-15)

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 12 2010,00:53)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 12 2010,04:43)
    Ed: I am not confused with YHVH! I pay no attention to YHVH!  I follow Jesus and what he says. The God Jesus refers to is “theos” which means supreme divinity. YHVH was, Theos is!  Jesus' God is “Theos” and so is mine!!  TK

TK

well said

Pierre

Terrarica….are you feeling alright ? You just agreed with a Gnostic. Terrarica, Gnostics don't follow God YHVH. Really…Terrarica, I hope you maybe just didn't read what you were agreeing with properly or something ?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 12 2010,01:57)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 12 2010,00:38)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 12 2010,00:26)
    Ed:

There is no name for God.

TK

Hi Tim,

Psalm 45:17 I(Ed J) will make thy name (YHVH) to be remembered in
    all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.
    John 17:6: I(Jesus) have manifested thy name (YHVH) unto the men which
    thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me;
    and they have kept thy word. Isn't it  time you (Tim Kraft) turn to the living GOD?

Witnessing to a worldwide audience in behalf of YHVH!
    יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org (Ecl.9:12-16)

Ed: If you would ever leave you Bible commentaries you might find some truth for yourself.

TK

Hi Tim,

I have found “The Truth” of and in the “Kingdom of God”!
    Your 'false truth' does not interest me!

God bless

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Ed: You say I have false truth which is a contradiction of terms. What we believe is either true or false. If you are still under the law, you don't have any part with Jesus! Jesus' whole purpose was to be the final sacrifice for perfection unto God. Can you understand the words, final sacrifice? If Jesus is the final sacrifice unto God then the law is completed, fulfilled and done away.

One can not look to the law for truth, guidance or perfection because all are now in Jesus the way to the truth of God.

The law failed, if one followes it, he fails too! There is only perfection in Jesus Christ.

Thats a major jot or title, that change, along with physical temple worship, washings, rituals, tithing, et.al.!

The final sacrifice, Jesus, is the end of the law! TK

karmarie
    Participant

Hi TK.

YHVH is God. (Translated as LORD or Yahwey or Jehovah) He is the Father of Jesus. Do you believe this ? Do you read the Old Testament ?

Also the law was not done away with. The law remains. It is not to sin and to obey God

Obeying God is an act of Love. Because when you love someone you want to obey them.Jesus say's to people “Get away from me…workers of lawlessness'

Do you see that ?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 12 2010,00:40)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 11 2010,21:04)
    God was in Adam and therby his seed. So the God/Man Adam was procreated by Adam seed of God/man, placed  in a woman. The union of a man and woman procreates a Man/God or human with the seed or life force of God within. The seed of God was carried through the flood by Noah, a righteous faith man.

Hi Tim,

I don't agree with your beliefs.  God CREATED Adam from the dust of the earth.  God put HIS SPIRIT in Adam as his life force.  But there is a big difference between God allowing us to live by the spirit He gives us and us being “God/Men”.

Rats also live by that same life force Tim.  Are these rodents also “God/Rats”?

The same goes with anything that lives and breathes Tim.  Are cockroaches also “God/Bugs”?

I think you put us on a way closer level to God than we are.

mike

Mike: Please be sure you know that I have never put myself anywhere with God. I only read the scriptures in the new testament, mostly what Jesus says.

If God and Jesus and the holy spirit are one, and I believe they are and they dwell in the temple of the kingdom of God which is in us, how would you not be a god. Is a son of God, a god?

If God dwells within mankind and we have the mind of God/Christ/the anointing of God, then how would we not be gods?

Jesus said we could do all things and any thing through the anointing power of God within IF WE BELIEVE!!

Jesus said anything we ask/place a demand on, in his name or by his power, we shall receive?

Jesus said, I don't call you servants because a servant does not know what his lord doeth. I call you friends for all things(words) I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you…John15:15

Jesus prayed that we would recognize that we were ONE with them. Could we be in God and God be in us as our life force and we not be a god?

If God is the vine and we are the branches what would you call that relationship? ONE

About rats and cockroaches I have no word from God. TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 12 2010,21:12)
    Ed: You say I have false truth which is a contradiction of terms. What we believe is either true or false. If you are still under the law, you don't have any part with Jesus! Jesus' whole purpose was to be the final sacrifice for perfection unto God. Can you understand the words, final sacrifice? If Jesus is the final sacrifice unto God then the law is completed, fulfilled and done away.

One can not look to the law for truth, guidance or perfection because all are now in Jesus the way to the truth of God.

The law failed, if one followes it, he fails too! There is only perfection in Jesus Christ.

Thats a major jot or title, that change, along with physical temple worship, washings, rituals, tithing, et.al.!

The final sacrifice, Jesus, is the end of the law!   TK

Hi Tim,

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness  of the law  might be
    fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Do you choose to disregard the righteousness of the law?

Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake;
    he(Jesus) will magnify the law, and make it honorable.
    1John 2:3-4 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth NOT his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Ed: You just said it again, Rom.8:4…That the righteousness of the law MIGHT BE FULFILLED in us who walk, not after the flesh(old test.) but after the Spirit (Gods words of new test.)

The law is fulfilled in those who walk in the Spirt of the new testament. The words of Jesus from God!! TK

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 12 2010,07:00)
    Hey Mike: I hope that whatever language a person learns the Bible in, God accepts that language. Here is something interesting I noticed in Genesis but you will probably have to see this in the KJV. You may have seen this long before but its somewhat new to me. The transltors translated God as “God” on the first page during the first creation or a creation of some sort. Then in Chap. 2 the translation is changed to “Lord God” and another creation. Then over to Chap.4:1 it is the “Lord”. And through much of Genesis they are intermingled as God and Lord God and the Lord your God and just Lord. I didn't know if you had any light on that! The lord your God is used mostly or the lord thy God.

Also, I had heard at one time or another that the name Jehovah was a war-lord title. That there were many Jehovah's  Jehovah the provider and Jehovah the protector etc.! I just wondered if you have any light on those thoughts. Thanks, TK

Hi Tim,

YHVH is God's personal name.  So let's say you are God Almighty and your personal name is “Tim”.

There wouldn't be many different “Tims” mentioned in the Bible, but just various qualities attributed to you.

I could praise you as “Tim, the Provider”.  Or “Tim, Most High”.  Or, “our Rock and Refuge, Tim”.

Now as “God Almighty Tim”, I could also call you my God.  I could say, “Praise Tim, God of the universe”.  When you defended and protected my nation from onslaught, I could thank “Tim of Armies”, which would mean you were the best warrior in existence and no one could stand to fight against you and win.

So your name is “Tim”, and your title is “God Almighty”.

When you see “the LORD God” in the KJV, you're seeing where men have replaced God's Divine Name “YHVH” with the word “LORD” in all capital letters.  The Hebrew text had “YHVH God”, and the translators changed most of the mentions of “YHVH” to “LORD”.  In fact, if you look at the preface of the KJV Bible, it will explain this to you.

For another example of a Bible doing this, read the first post on the first page of this thread.  There I printed from the preface of the RSV Bible.  Notice the part where their original ASV actually put “Jehovah” where the Hebrew had “YHVH”, and notice their lame reasons for replacing “Jehovah” with “LORD” in their revised edition.

So when you read “God”, it is talking about “YHVH”.  When you read “LORD”, it is talking about “YHVH”.  When you read “LORD God”, it is saying “Jehovah God”.

Make sense? :)

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 12 2010,21:33)

Mike: Please be sure you know that I have never put myself anywhere with God.

That's good to know, Tim.  I must have misunderstood you. :)  I thought you were saying we were all “God/Men”.

If God and Jesus and the holy spirit are one, and I believe they are and they dwell in the temple of the kingdom of God which is in us, how would you not be a god. Is a son of God, a god?

Oh, so you ARE saying what I thought you were saying! :D  The word “god” means “a mighty one”.  So if you were hanging out with a bunch of little kids, you would be “a mighty one” compared with them.  Jesus is “a mighty one” compared with angels.  Angels are “mighty ones” compared with us.  But there is only one “Almighty One”.  He is YHVH.  He is the Father and God of us all, including Jesus.  He is called in scripture, “the God of gods”.  

God Almighty does call his human judges “gods” in the Bible.  But being “a god” in no way puts us or Jesus on the same standing as “THE God, YHVH”.

Jesus said we could do all things and any thing through the anointing power of God within IF WE BELIEVE!!

Yes Tim.  We can do anything at all THROUGH the only TRUE God's power.  Just like Jesus did many things BY MEANS OF YHVH's power.  YHVH is the only one with any power.  Any “power” another has is merely the power his God has allowed him to use for the time being.  We walk, talk and think ONLY through the power of the spirit that God has given us on loan for the duration of our lifetime.  When we die, that spirit goes back to our God who loaned it to us.

Jesus prayed that we would recognize that we were ONE with them. Could we be in God and God be in us as our life force and we not be a god?

Jesus' hope was for us to be one with him and his God “in purpose”.  Not in being.  Jesus is a separate being from his God, but follows the will of his God and is therefore “one in purpose” with his God.  He hopes we will join in that purpose and also become “one” with them.

In Acts, when the disciples healed people, some of those people wanted to make those disciples gods and worship them.  The disciples made it clear that they were not gods, but only men. (Acts 14:8-18)

peace and love,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 13 2010,01:17)
    Ed: You just said it again, Rom.8:4…That the righteousness of the law MIGHT BE FULFILLED in us who walk, not after the flesh(old test.) but after the Spirit (Gods words of new test.)

The law is fulfilled in those who walk in the Spirt of the new testament. The words of Jesus from God!! TK

Hi Tim,

If you also believe as I do that THE LAW IS FULFILLED in our righteous walk with YHVH,
    then why do you keep pitting yourself against The Law(called the 10 Commandments)?

God bless

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Tim. I think you missed my post a few pages back maybe ?

Are you a Gnostic ?

And with sinning, if I was to do something wrong, knowing it's wrong, will it be ok, in your opinion ? Even if I knew it was wrong ?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

karmarie: I have no label other than one I will make up: I am a follower of Jesus! I have read some of the Gnostic gospels yet in truth I don't even know what the word Gnostic means. So, no I am not a Gnostic.

Let me first say that I believed in sin like all the rest for twenty years or so. Until I did a search to find where the list must be. Sin is so distorted in the torah, and Jewish laws there must be fifty million variations of one sin or another I thought what is sin? To say I don't know that I sin but I must be sinning is contrary to a clean conscious. That religious bull is why so many have a constant sin consciousness. I used to pray and ask forgiveness morning, noon and night and then wondered what about the time inbetween. I didn't want to go to religions hell!

So I figured the starting sin must have been in the Garden of Eden! No sin mentioned there! People say Adam sinned but the Bible says they had a choice, kinda like today, I set before you good and evil, now, you choose, but choose good…! We have that same choice today as Adam and Eve had. God is good. God is everywhere. Do you believe in evil? Why? If you believe in evil, more will be created!
    I we all belive in peace and love, that is what will be. Thoughts and beliefs rule the world through mankind.

Back to sin. The first place the word sin is used is with Adam and his teen age boys. They both brought offerings to the Lord and the lord preferred one over the other. Neither offering was bad or wrong or evil, it was just that the lord preferred the meat offering over the vegetable offering (?) The lord saw that Cain was extremely wroth that his offering was not chosen. Still no sin but its coming.

When the lord said ….why art thou wroth and why is thy countenance fallen? ….if thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door…! (Genesis4:7)

The word sin means: an error or the punishment for an error…! I believe the door was the door of Cains heart. Sin thoughts were at the
    door of Cains heart/mind. Cain was contemplating destructive thoughts toward his brother even though his brother had done nothing wrong to Cain. Sin then to me is evil thoughts of hate or destruction toward another or yourself (self condemnation). Sin had nothing to do with the Lord. Cains sin contemplation was against his brother who did no wrong. SIN WAS A MISTAKEN ERROR AGAINST SOMEONE OR AGAINST SELF. Wrong thinking. Wrong condemnation. Totally apart from God. Sin is a condemning thought against whosoever!

Sin beliefs then were passed down from generation to generation as thinking or believing incorrectly. Man was condemning himself and therby destroying himself. Sin became a word that was against God. That is an error of thinking. Sin/condemnation is not against God its man condemning man. Wholeness and unity are then broken. The law was established later to help guide mans thoughts but he still lived in self condemnation which veils the mind and dilutes the truth of who man really is. Or he got puffed up and thought he was above others due to his great works which did the same thing as condemnation. Separation! Man fell further and further away from perfection/God by his own condemnation of self. The more he condemned himself the more he condemned others. The more evil and destruction a man thought about himself the more he warred with others and the further he felt he was from God. Hence the mess we have created.

Finally my answer, stay away from self condemnation and condemnation of others. If you judge something as wrong to do, don't transgress it! If you do, accept forgiveness and try again. Don't hold on to unforgiveness. Self condemnation blocks the light of God from our minds. Sin thinking cuts off the truth/light. Jesus said my words cleanse you and you are perfect. Recieve that judgment and you are free. Let the master of all, the King of kings and lord of lords be your judge. That is the word of God/Jesus judging us as perfect, whole, complete, sinless, clean, worthy, righteous etc.! Then we can show the world true LOVE! IMO TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 13 2010,23:04)
    karmarie:

Neither offering was bad or wrong or evil, it was just that the lord preferred the meat offering over the vegetable offering (?)

IMO TK

Hi Tim,

You certainly do NOT know God's word very well; do you?
    The ground was ‘cursedbecause of Adams sin. (Gen.3:17)
    Cain brought a curse offering to YHVH, but Abel's was pure!
    That's why Cains offering was unacceptable to YHVH!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 13 2010,23:29)

karmarie:

Neither offering was bad or wrong or evil, it was just that the lord preferred the meat offering over the vegetable offering (?)

IMO TK

Hi Tim,

Ed: You say the Bible says… cursed is the ground because of Adams sin.

The Bible says, ….the Lord said to Adam ….cursed is the ground for thy sake….! The word sin is not in the Garden unles you make it up.

How well do you know the Bible?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 14 2010,02:51)

karmarie:

IMO TK

Hi Tim,

Ed:  You say the Bible says… cursed is the ground because of Adams sin.

The Bible says, ….the Lord said to Adam ….cursed is the ground for thy sake….! The word sin is not in the Garden unles you make it up.

Hi Tim,

YHVH gave (The Law) the command not to
    eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
    Sin is the ‘transgression of the law’. (1John 3:4)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 13 2010,11:02)

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 14 2010,02:51)

karmarie:

IMO TK

Hi Tim,

Ed:  You say the Bible says… cursed is the ground because of Adams sin.

Hi Tim,

YHVH gave (The Law) the command not to
    eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
    Sin is the ‘transgression of the law’. (1John 3:4)

Ed

Amen! Thats pretty clear. Also John said that whoever says he has no sin is a liar! 1 John 1:8

WJ

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 07 2010,12:43)

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 07 2010,04:05)
    (there is a conotation of more than one person in the name Elohim)

Hi Ted,

Not even close.  I have become quite knowledgeable about this subject through the process of debating it with Kangaroo Jack.

The word “elohim” can either mean “more than one god” or “a grandiose god”.  It can never mean “more than one person in a Godhead”.

This “plural of majesty” as it is commonly called, is used many times in scripture for other words than “god” also.  For example, King Nebuchadnezzar was called the “Kings of kings”.  That first plural “Kings” did not mean Nebuchadnezzar consisted of more than one person.  It emphasized that he was the “grandiose King above other kings”.  That's just one example.

peace and love,
    mike

Greetings Mike….perhaps the person was the wrong choice of words ….I would think that the conotation in the term elohim indicates more than one ….perhaps even family…

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account