Lord = yhwh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 209 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 08 2010,15:47)
    Ed J,

And, now I get a bigger picture of you…you are in the “Jesus is created club.”  

We are going to see things vastly different just because of that, I'm sad to say.

Hi Lightenup,

Why are you trying to label me?
    Do you not seek agreement when you converse with people?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 08 2010,01:20)

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 08 2010,15:47)
    Ed J,

And, now I get a bigger picture of you…you are in the “Jesus is created club.”  

We are going to see things vastly different just because of that, I'm sad to say.

Hi Lightenup,

Why are you trying to label me?

God bless
    Ed J

EdJ,
    What is the problem with labels if they are true? You do believe that Jesus was created don't you?

I love agreeing with people. I also love it when iron sharpens iron and becoming wiser for it. How about you?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 09 2010,06:14)
    Ed J,

1) What is the problem with labels if they are true?  

2) You do believe that Jesus was created don't you?

3) I love agreeing with people.  

4) I also love it when iron sharpens iron and becoming wiser for it. How about you?

Hi Lightenup,

1) Negative labels create conflict.
        Perceptual 'truth' and “Bible Truth” aren't always the same.

2) Define what you mean (in detail) by 'created'?

3) I seek conciliatory agreements.

4) I agree.

God bless
    Ed J

david
    Participant

Mikeboll64,

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

YHVH is God's Name transliterated into English; transliterated means Sounds(Phonics).

Ed, were you perhaps confusing transliteration with transcription?

“Transliteration is opposed to transcription, which specifically maps the sounds of one language to the best matching script of another language. Still, most systems of transliteration map the letters of the source script to letters pronounced similarly in the goal script, for some specific pair of source and goal language.”–wikipedia.

It's ok. The words are very similar looking.

david
    Participant

YHVH is God's Name transliterated into English; transliterated means Sounds(Phonics).
    Hebrew has NO [W] SOUND, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

Ed, I'm a little confused on this one.

Doesn't your KJ have “Jehovah” in it a few times? Is it in error?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ July 31 2010,18:12)

Mikeboll64,

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT

Ed, were you perhaps confusing transliteration with transcription?  

“Transliteration is opposed to transcription, which specifically maps the sounds of one language  to the best matching script of another language. Still, most systems of transliteration map the letters of the source script to letters pronounced similarly in the goal script, for some specific pair of source and goal language.”–wikipedia.

It's ok.  The words are very similar looking.

Hi David,

Hebrew has no “J” sound nor no “W” sound!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ July 31 2010,18:17)

Hebrew has NO [W] SOUND, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

1) Ed, I'm a little confused on this one.

2) Doesn't your KJ have “Jehovah” in it a few times?  
    3) Is it in error?

Hi David,

1) Zerubbabel means: coming out of confusion(removing).

Zech.4:6  Then he answered and spake unto me, saying,
    This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying,
    Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the “LORD of Hosts”=151.

YHVH GOD is One=151 (Psalm 68:4) (Deut.6:4 / Eph.4:6)

The LORD JEHOVAH=151 (Isaiah 12:2, 26:4)
    LORD of Hosts=151 (AKJV Bible)
    Jesus Christ=151 (New Testament)
    Holy Spirit=151 (Old & New Testament)

2) No
    3) No

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Mar. 08 2010,14:47)
    And, now I get a bigger picture of you…you are in the “Jesus is created club.”  I am in the “Son of God was begotten, not created club.”  We are going to see things vastly different just because of that, I'm sad to say.

I just want to comment on this part.

Did not Jesus say himself, that he was the beginning of God's creation?

Rev 3:14 ¶ And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the “beginning” of the “creation” of God;

When you create something, is not the first thing you create, the beginning of your creation?
    When you got married, was not your first born the beginning of you creating your family?

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Georg

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bump for Irene

God himself tells Moses at the burning bush that His name is, “I am who I am” or “I will be what I will be”.  (Exodus 3:14)
    This personal name of the Almighty God is, in the Hebrew language, the letters YHVH.  These four Hebrew letters are commonly referred to as the “tetragrammaton”.  In English, they are sometimes pronounced as Yahweh, but more often as Jehovah.  In Exodus 3:15, Jehovah goes on to tell Moses, “This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”

Most Bible translations do not use the name YHVH anymore.  The reasons why can be summed up by the preface of the Revised Standard Version.  It says that while the original American Standard Version rendered the tetragrammaton as Jehovah, their revised version uses the word LORD in all capital letters for two reasons:

1.  “…the word 'Jehovah' does not accurately represent any form of the name ever used in Hebrew.”

2.  “…the use of any proper name for the one and only God, as though there were other gods from whom He had to be distinguished, was discontinued in Judaism before the Christian era and is entirely inappropriate for the universal faith of the Christian Church.”

Irene, there were no capital letters or punctuation of any kind in the Hebrew and Greek languages that the Bible was written in originally.  When you see “LORD”, it is because the translator did not want to print “YHVH”, which was originally there.

Any capitalizations at all that you read in your Bible are put there later by translators.  So because they cap the “LORD OF LORDS” in Rev does not mean that Jesus is the “LORD” of the old testament, nor are they implying that he is.  

Do you understand this? :)

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 03 2010,18:10)
    Bump for Irene

God himself tells Moses at the burning bush that His name is, “I am who I am” or “I will be what I will be”.  (Exodus 3:14)
    This personal name of the Almighty God is, in the Hebrew language, the letters YHVH.  These four Hebrew letters are commonly referred to as the “tetragrammaton”.  In English, they are sometimes pronounced as Yahweh, but more often as Jehovah.  In Exodus 3:15, Jehovah goes on to tell Moses, “This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”

Most Bible translations do not use the name YHVH anymore.  The reasons why can be summed up by the preface of the Revised Standard Version.  It says that while the original American Standard Version rendered the tetragrammaton as Jehovah, their revised version uses the word LORD in all capital letters for two reasons:

1.  “…the word 'Jehovah' does not accurately represent any form of the name ever used in Hebrew.”

2.  “…the use of any proper name for the one and only God, as though there were other gods from whom He had to be distinguished, was discontinued in Judaism before the Christian era and is entirely inappropriate for the universal faith of the Christian Church.”

Irene, there were no capital letters or punctuation of any kind in the Hebrew and Greek languages that the Bible was written in originally.  When you see “LORD”, it is because the translator did not want to print “YHVH”, which was originally there.

Any capitalizations at all that you read in your Bible are put there later by translators.  So because they cap the “LORD OF LORDS” in Rev does not mean that Jesus is the “LORD” of the old testament, nor are they implying that he is.  

Do you understand this? :)

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

your item two ;is not accurate in any translation,it seems the translators were at some point corrupt.

but what is true if you truly believe the scriptures ,it will put things in your mind wen needed .so that you know in your inside what is the truth.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 04 2010,11:59)
    Mike

your item two ;is not accurate in any translation,it seems the translators were at some point corrupt.

but what is true if you truly believe the scriptures ,it will put things in your mind wen needed .so that you know in your inside what is the truth.

Pierre

Yeah, I agree about #2 Pierre. There are many “gods” mentioned in the Bible, and I think they should have just kept using God's divine name YHVH.

And item #1 is also stupid IMO, because “Jesus” also doesn't represent any form of the name used in Hebrew. And the same could be said for almost ANY Biblical name, OT AND NT.

peace and love,
    mike

Laurel
    Participant

The Name of the All Mighty appears over 7,000 times in the Hebrew language. It was not until the Babalonian languages adopted Scripture and changed His Set-apart Name to fit with their pagan theologies.

The Name of the All Mighty is lost in translation, but we can learn His Name by simply going back to a time when men called upon His Name. We must go back to the original Hebrew.

I found a prophecy where His Name would be forgotten, and it was done on purpose. Man has always thought to be equal to ELohim by changing His commands, His Appointed Times, His Name, etc…

Restoring His Name was one of the works of Yahushua the Messiah. Yahushua taught His men the Name of YHWH. See John Chapter 17.

Do not let the “church” fool you. The Name of the All Mighty YHWH is still just as important this day as it was in the beginning!

There is much written in the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings on the use of His Holy Name.

The generic title LORD does not complete nor does it even come close to His Name. In fact rejecting His Name for a generic title transgresses the 1st commandment. He said, “I AM YHWH your ELohim. You shall have no other mighty ones against My face.”

Also the 2nd command where He says, “Do not bring the Name of YHWH your Elohim to nothing, for YHWH your Elohim will not hold him blameless who bring His Name to nothing.”

Here are a few good words about His Set-apart Name.

Neh 9:5 Then the Lĕwites, Yĕshua and Qaḏmiʼĕl, Bani, Ḥashaḇneyah, Shĕrĕḇyah, Hoḏiyah, Sheḇanyah, Pethaḥyah, said, “Rise, bless יהוה your Elohim forever and ever! And let them bless Your esteemed Name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise!

Psa 7:17 I give thanks to יהוה according to His righteousness, And praise the Name of יהוה Most High.

Psa 22:22 I make known Your Name to My brothers; In the midst of the assembly I praise You.

Joe 2:23 And you children of Tsiyon, be glad and rejoice in יהוה your Elohim, for He shall give you the Teacher of Righteousness, and cause the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain, as before.
    Joe 2:24 And the threshing-floors shall be filled with grain, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil.
    Joe 2:25 “Then I shall repay you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, and the consuming locust, and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you.
    Joe 2:26 “Then you shall eat – eat and be satisfied – and shall praise the Name of יהוה your Elohim, who has done with you so wondrously. And My people shall never be put to shame.
    Joe 2:27 “And you shall know that I am in the midst of Yisraʼĕl1, and that I am יהוה your Elohim and there is no one else. And My people shall never be put to shame. Footnote: 1See Isa. 24:23.
    Joe 2:28 “And after this it shall be that I pour out My Spirit on all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men dream dreams, your young men see visions.
    Joe 2:29 “And also on the male servants and on the female servants I shall pour out My Spirit in those days.
    Joe 2:30 “And I shall give signs in the heavens and upon the earth: blood and fire and columns of smoke,
    Joe 2:31 the sun is turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of יהוה.
    Joe 2:32 “And it shall be that everyone who calls on the Name of יהוה shall be delivered1. For on Mount Tsiyon and in Yerushalayim there shall be an escape2 as יהוה has said, and among the survivors whom יהוה calls. Footnotes: 1Acts 2:21, Rom. 10:13. 2Isa. 4:2-3, Obad. v. 17, Rev. 14:1.

Joh 17:6 “I have revealed Your Name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world. They were Yours, and You gave them to Me, and they have guarded Your Word.1 Footnote: 1See Ps. 138:2.
    Joh 17:7 “Now they have come to know that all You gave to Me, is from You.
    Joh 17:8 “Because the Words which You gave to Me, I have given to them. And they have received them, and have truly known that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me.
    Joh 17:9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours.

Jer 16:19 O יהוה, my strength and my stronghold and my refuge, in the day of distress the gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited only falsehood, futility, and there is no value in them.”1 Footnote: 1See Ps. 147:19, Isa. 2:3, Isa. 60:2-3, John 4:22, Rom. 2:20, Rom. 3:2, Rom. 9:4.
    Jer 16:20 Would a man make mighty ones for himself, which are not mighty ones?
    Jer 16:21 “Therefore see, I am causing them to know, this time I cause them to know My hand and My might. And they shall know that My Name is יהוה!”

Time to awake O' ZION! Put on your white garments, and throw away your old rags like a menstrual cloth. YHWH is ELohim, the Elohim of Abraham, Issac and Ya'acob.

Once you are graffed into the tree of life you are no more gentiles, but children, Yisra'el!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Laurel,

Good post and I agree with you on this subject.  You can read the last paragraph of my opening post in this thread (first page first post) and know where I stand on this issue.

And while I enjoyed reading the scriptures you posted, I think you left out the most important scripture of all concerning the divine personal name of our Elohim though.

Exodus 3:15  American Standard Version
    And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Jehovah, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

And about John 17, did you know that the earliest fragments of the LXX ever found to date have the tetragrammaton in Hebrew letters mixed in among the Greek translation of the OT?

So when Jesus was reading the LXX version of Isaiah 61:1-2 as told in Luke 4:17-19, it is most likely that he read and said YHVH twice.  If Jesus did not use God's personal name, then John 17:6 seems an unlikely claim for him to make.

peace and love,
    mike

Laurel
    Participant

Exo 3:15 And Elohim said further to Mosheh, “Thus you are to say to the children of Yisraʼĕl, ‘יהוה Elohim of your fathers, the Elohim of Aḇraham, the Elohim of Yitsḥaq, and the Elohim of Yaʽaqoḇ, has sent me to you. This is My Name forever, and this is My remembrance to all generations.ʼ

I am certain that even Adam knew His set-apart name.
    Good post.

Laurel
    Participant

Joh 12:35 יהושע, therefore, said to them, “Yet a little while the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. And he who walks in darkness does not know where he is going.
    Joh 12:36 “While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you become sons of light.” These words יהושע spoke, and went off and was hidden from them.
    Joh 12:37 But though He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him,
    Joh 12:38 that the word of Yeshayahu the prophet might be filled, which he spoke, “יהוה, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of יהוה been revealed?”

When Yahushua read from Isaiah He did say the name Yahuweh, and it is right here two times, of course not in the Babylonian English version.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Laurel @ Dec. 05 2010,00:27)

Hi Laurel,

Do you think so?  I've wondered about this for one reason:

Ex 6 NWT
    2 And God went on to speak to Moses and to say to him: “I am Jehovah. 3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

In the Law, Moses inserts Yahweh into things Abraham and the others said to their God as if they knew the name.  But I think Moses, knowing the name, added it in to their stories when he wrote about them.

What do you think?  God clearly says they DIDN'T know His name, right?

peace and love,
    mike

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 05 2010,01:33)

Quote (Laurel @ Dec. 05 2010,00:27)

Hi Laurel,

Do you think so?  I've wondered about this for one reason:

Ex 6 NWT
    2 And God went on to speak to Moses and to say to him: “I am Jehovah. 3 And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

In the Law, Moses inserts Yahweh into things Abraham and the others said to their God as if they knew the name.  But I think Moses, knowing the name, added it in to their stories when he wrote about them.

What do you think?  God clearly says they DIDN'T know His name, right?

peace and love,
    mike

Beware of Babel!

Exo 6:1 And יהוה said to Mosheh, “Now see what I do to Pharaoh, for with a strong hand he is going to let them go, and with a strong hand he is going to drive them out of his land.”
    Exo 6:2 And Elohim spoke to Mosheh and said to him, “I am יהוה.
    Exo 6:3 “And I appeared to Aḇraham, to Yitsḥaq, and to Yaʽaqoḇ, as Ěl Shaddai. And by My Name, יהוה, was I not known to them?
    Exo 6:4 “And I also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Kenaʽan, the land of their sojournings, in which they have sojourned.
    Exo 6:5 “And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Yisraʼĕl whom the Mitsrites are enslaving, and I have remembered My covenant.
    Exo 6:6 “Say, therefore, to the children of Yisraʼĕl, ‘I am יהוה, and I shall bring you out from under the burdens of the Mitsrites, and shall deliver you from their enslaving, and shall redeem you with an outstretched arm, and with great judgments,
    Exo 6:7 and shall take you as My people, and I shall be your Elohim. And you shall know that I am יהוה your Elohim who is bringing you out from under the burdens of the Mitsrites.
    Exo 6:8 ‘And I shall bring you into the land which I swore to give to Aḇraham, to Yitsḥaq, and to Yaʽaqoḇ, to give it to you as an inheritance. I am יהוה.ʼ ”

Laurel
    Participant

i want to track this topic.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Laurel @ Dec. 05 2010,01:44)
    Exo 6:3 “And I appeared to Aḇraham, to Yitsḥaq, and to Yaʽaqoḇ, as Ěl Shaddai. And by My Name, יהוה, was I not known to them?

Hi Laurel,

I understand that grammatically, the question would work in place of the statement.  But does it contextually?

Why would Moses even ask what name he should tell them?  Wouldn't the personal name of God have been common knowledge to all of the descendants of Abrhaham, Isaac and Jacob?

mike

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 05 2010,01:51)

Quote (Laurel @ Dec. 05 2010,01:44)

Hi Laurel,

I understand that grammatically, the question would work in place of the statement.  But does it contextually?

Why would Moses even ask what name he should tell them?  Wouldn't the personal name of God have been common knowledge to all of the descendants of Abrhaham, Isaac and Jacob?

mike

Mosheh was raised by Mystrayim. How could he know the Elohim of the Hebrews?

Also it is possible that after 400 years in Mytsrayim that even the Yisra'elites themselves began to worship the elohim of Mytsrayim, the bull Thor, which is where our “Thor's-day” comes from on our modern calendar.

…and may be why they built a golden calf unto YHWH in the wildreness.

Our country is only a little more that 200 yrs old. When the settlers first came here x-mass was illegal because they knew it was pagan. They came here to worship our Father in heaven without all the false doctrines added, to be a free people, who kept the commandments.

I have a 100 year old bible that DOES have the name Jahovah in every place where His name is supposed to be in the Old Testament.

It wasn't many years ago that public nudity, and sodomy were sins.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account