Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Google. “Bible Gospel contridictions”.

You will find many.

I cannot explain all of them.

The greater majority of these are in no sense of the word “contradictions” and very easily resolved. Some, are harder than others.

Since this is the “logic” thread, could someone logically explain a contradiction and how it actually contradicts itself or another scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SB,
    You said in another thread
    “Besides all that, you still have the problem of pure logic. Logic dictates that God, to remain Holy and Just, must give a punishment equal to the crime. God is infinite in worth, thus offending Him would require an equal punishment, infinite. Only in one place is the Bible illogical, God loving an evil sinner like me, that makes no sense, but I thank God for it.”

Logic is of vain man
    God is not subject to it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Men give homage to REASON

GB said
    To All……..Fix Reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with BOLDNESS even the existence of A GOD ; because if there be one, He must more approve of the homage of REASON, than that of BLINDFOLD FEAR.

Something to think about, it was written by the Father of our Declaration of Independence , Thomas Jefferson

Love and peace…………gene

Should intellect or REASON BE OUR GOD?

NickHassan
    Participant
    charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 28 2008,08:03)
    Hi,
    Men give homage to REASON

GB said
    To All……..Fix Reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with BOLDNESS even the existence of A GOD ; because if there be one, He must more approve of the homage of REASON, than that of BLINDFOLD FEAR.

Something to think about, it was written by the Father of our Declaration of Independence , Thomas Jefferson

Love and peace…………gene  

Should intellect or REASON BE OUR GOD?

Apostleship Logic and reason,
    Nick Did you answer my  question yet,?
    Did you need to cut off Jesus Life to save your own?
    perhaps he may have lived and gone to heaven in a chariot,
    after that, NO blood?
    all his work was done, no blood?
    like the first redeemed son of God, Elijah, RETURNED BORN AGAIN AS John THE Baptist,
    sounds like three wise Men WERE just having some fun?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….as i said you evidently don't understand what is really said, where does it say worship reason and not God. Your rush to find fault has blinded you reason and understanding of what i have quoted. DO i have to take you through what Thomas Jefferson said step by sept so you can understand what HE meant, or do you have enough mastery of our language to understand it.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Your boasful claims to intellectual and spiritual superiority are not reflecting well on you.
    Reason is not our God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Do you find fault with the plan of God?
    Or is faith fun to you?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 28 2008,17:15)
    GB,
    Your boasful claims to intellectual and spiritual superiority are not reflecting well on you.
    Reason is not our God.

God said to Abraham, “….come, let us reason together…”.

I believe God enjoys the fact that he can converse with this children and get a thoughtful response out of them. After all, Abraham was even reasonable enough to change God's mind on a couple occassions!

I don't believe “reason” is anyone GOD. But it certainly helps us to know God. Without it, faith would have a hard time taking hold, imo.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mandy,

Reason itself is of human wisdom.
    Beloved of the greeks.

Not3in1
    Participant

I love greek food!

YUM!

:;):

I don't think anyone is relying on reason, itself, by itself. But of course it has to be employed.
    Sometimes I wonder if you fear anyone who is thinking on their own? Or if it doesn't sound like it lines up with the written Word, exactly?
    Could this be a spill-over from your Catholic up-bringing, I wonder?

If wisdom is so loathed, why does Paul pray that we will gain more and more of it? I'm sure God loves to discuss things with mature, reasonable children?

I'm off to the garden……
    Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    True wisdom is of God.
    It is of the Word.

Lk11
    49Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

Human wisdom is overrated hogwash

1Cor2
    4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Seeing God gave man his mind to reason with, are you saying GOD created HOGWASH then. So when (YOU) say something that is not in scripture trying to explain your position we should conceder it pure Hog wash right? Of course i figure most of what you say that way anyway, but thanks for informing us of your reasoning. What do you do with where GOD said come Let's (REASON) together. I don't think God gave man a mind to reason with for nothing do you. Where it say i saw the Lord descend to convince (ALL) the Ungodly of their UNGODLY ways . Tell us how are they going to (convince) anyone if not by (reasoning) with them. Don't sell what God put in man short. Because you are selling Him short also. Reason is a vital part of all Humanity.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Man's reasoning led him to follow his wife who was following satan.
    Enough said.

charity
    Participant

Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Nick, Ungodly speeches come from the void of Understanding, without Logic< mimickers.

question.

Are you out of your sins yet?

If yes, How did you do this, who”s logic helped you?

If No, shall you be judged and condemned always as a sinner?

Psa 104:35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.
    Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 29 2008,14:17)
    GB,
    Enough said.

What are little boys made of: lyrics

What are little boys made of?
    Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
    That's what little boys are made of !”
    Your welcome

What are little girls made of?
    “Sugar and spice and all things nice
    That's what little girls are made of!”

The lyrics!
    The origins and history of this nursery rhyme date back to the early nineteenth century – the battle of the sexes was raging even then! The lyrics obviously reflect this, but what is the meaning of 'snips and snails'? Many meanings have been suggested but the one that has the most credibility is that the original words were in fact 'snips of snails' snips meaning 'little bits of' No redemption there for describing what little boys are made of' ! :D

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 29 2008,14:17)
    GB,
    Enough said.

Nick….then lets all go and get a lobotomy and go around like a sombe then, and we wont have the reason problem any more. After all God created a stupid thing when he created a man's mind to reason with right?.

Nick you have no idea what you are talking about. God knew full well man would chose to experience good and evil, in order to gain wisdom. It was his will that for us to experience good and evil to become more like him. Just as He said< LOOK MAN HAS BECOME LIKE US KNOWING GOOD AND EVIL. Now think about that and epically the word (KNOWING) it imply s inmate relationship with, more then knowing about something , but knowing about it through a inmate relationship.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    God's Word says a bit about man's foolish so called wisdom.
    You too tell us often about the useless carnal mind.
    So why argue with yourself?

1Cor2
    1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….If you are addressing the people of God why do you act as if they are Carnal minded then, You switch back and forth in you dialog with people because you seem to think that gives you position here. You call what anyone that disagree with you as human reason or human intellect, when in fact many of your posts are nothing but your reasons or opinions.

Some of what you quoted…3…> And i was with you in weakness and fear and in much trembling . Does it say Paul was weak and full of fear and trembling also as the Corinthians were? NO. I says he was (with) them in there condition.

5..That there Faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the Power of God. Paul wanted there (FAITH) to STAND in the Power of GOD < And their (FAITH) trust in, not to stand on the wisdom of men. You have to understand what FAITH is , it is in what you TRUST by the EVIDENCE GOD HAS GIVEN YOU. NO man can produce true faith in GOD. Faith is Something ONLY God Can give. Nick, does you Faith stand in the (POWER) of GOD or is it in the translated scriptures your faith is in.

7…> but we SPEAK THE WISDOM OF GOD, in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God has ordained before the world unto our Glory.

10…> But God has revealed them unto us (BY) his SPIRIT : For the SPIRIT searches the deep things of GOD . Is you faith in the written words of translators or in GOD who reveals the (DEEP) thing to us who have His Spirit. As i said befor any can parrot something , but it's far better to understand what you are parroting.

If God reveals something to a person it will come out of his mind as the wisdom of GOD, but those of the flesh will not recognize it as such, because their carnal minds can not understand it. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    They will recognise it as being of the Spirit
    BECAUSE it reflects the teachings of scripture
    and not just additions or carnal thoughts from men

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account