Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (97407 @ July 02 2008,03:01)
    Nick

Can a person that is guided by the Holy Spirit make mistakes?

Shall I run a list for you of all the Christians who said they were “led by the Spirit” and then were mistaken.

Here is the beginning of the list that would run into infinity and beyond.

1. Mandy

Perhaps those here would like to add their names? :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (97407 @ July 02 2008,03:01)
    Nick

Can a person that is guided by the Holy Spirit make mistakes?

Hi 94,

Can we sin?
    Can we quench the Spirit?
    Scripture has to urge us to be led by the Spirit.

Participant

Not3in1

Thanks for you answer. I also think it is possible. I also, am a prime example.

Nick

I am going to take you answer as a yes.

We know the Apostles did not write the Gospels but evidently the individuals who did were inconsistant. The lack of continuity of the same events are puzzling.

My logic causes me ask?

What do you think?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

97407………If you have the spirit of truth then when thing, don't add up or contradict in the bible you will certainly see it, and investigate the problem. People who Just accept because it is written and assume it has to be true no matter what are gullible to say the lest.

God gave us brains to us, not stuff in our pockets. He wants to use the logic minds He gave us.

peace to you………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (97407 @ July 02 2008,12:44)
    Not3in1

Thanks for you answer. I also think it is possible. I also, am a prime example.

Nick  

I am going to take you answer as a yes.

We know the Apostles did not write the Gospels but evidently the individuals who did were inconsistant. The lack of continuity of the same events are puzzling.

My logic causes me ask?

What do you think?

Hi 97,
    The gospels enlarge and support one another.

Three people viewing an event will hear and slightly different things depending on where they stand and they will be helped to recall different aspects by the Spirit according to their personality.

We must be transformed by the renewing of our minds by the Word.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..what if they contradict each other?

Participant

He Nick

You evidently used your logical mind to think and prepare that answer. Thanks. Logic is important to man.

Gene has a very good question. What if they contridict each other?

We seldom read the gospels horizonally, usually it is vertical. They seem to make sense when read vertically but when compared they are extremely different, especially John.

We know there are several interpolations within the gospels. What of the ones we don't know? Do we need to use our logic?

In your mind are contriditions mistakes?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi 97407,
    You always get the right questions my brother. Do share what God has kept in you.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 03 2008,02:34)
    Nick…..what if they contradict each other?

Hi GB,
    Where?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..the Death accounts differ, one says God forgive them for they Know not what they do, another says MY GOD<MY GOD<HAS YOU FORSAKEN ME.

There are others also not to even mention the mistranslated word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Where were the witnesses standing to hear what he said?
    Would any newspaper have done a better job?

They recalled what God wanted them to write.
    For our eternal edification.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….that last post somehow got messed up. but one account says Father forgive them thay know not what the do, while another account says ,My God, My God , Hast thou Forsaken Me. two complete different death scenes.

Get the book misquoting Jesus It will Plainly show you many.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….tell us which account should we believe then which one do you seeing they contradict each other. And please Don't lay it off on God, God doesn't make mistakes, men do. The scriptures are not as accurat and without error as you think>

Participant

Nick

Google. “Bible Gospel contridictions”.

You will find many.

I cannot explain all of them.

I did not see your answer to unknown interpolations, not only in the gospels but other epistles as well. If you say there are none. How whould we know? Is it possible to put our faith in a word for word interpertation, knowing that possiblely thousands of people have their hands in manuscripts. Is is not possible that some of these people were, as you might say, from the evil one?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 97,
    I prefer to trust what is written as Jesus did.
    Variations are challenges but usually the lack is in us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You said in another thread
    “Nick…..Your ignorance is showing, Jesus talked in the language of that day so they could understand. He spoke of casting out demons because those people saw all mental illness as a form of demon possession. The did not realize it was a mental illness . I think you better dig out your (GOD GIVEN LOGIC) out of the trash can and start using it for a change. '

So human logic is eternal and greater than the words of Jesus?
    You are seriously self deceived.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Has there ever been true agreement according to logic?
    Surely it is only the opinions of men.

We need the more secure basis of the eternal teachings of the bible.

Luke 6:48
    He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…. where did i say human logic is eternal and greater then the words of Jesus?

Please show me that statement, again you just simple Lie and all the time acting like you are here to give us Gods guidance, but it doesn't bother you to out right lie, can you answer me why that is.

Your nothing but a phony, lying about what people say. Just as others have said.

God said come lest reason together, God gave all humans logic and with the guidance of his spirit they can and do discover new thing and believe it or not things that are not written in scriptures to.

It the secure basis of God's Spirit of truth in us. Something i feel you decieved mind lacks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Certainly God appeals to the wayward through reason as also in Rom1.

Is 1
    2Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

3The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider. ….

18Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

19If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

But that is to draw men to obedience
    and for us that is to the new covenant of forgiveness in the blood of the lamb.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There can be no unity in logic.
    Otherwise the greeks of Athens would have had nothing to do.
    Every man has his own opinions held with a varying degree of strongmindedness.
    Acts 17
    16Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

17Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

18Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

19And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

20For thou bringest certain strange things to our ears: we would know therefore what these things mean.

21(For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

But our aim is unity and that can only be reached in scripture, the wisdom of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account