Letter OR Spiritual??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ztheberean
    Participant

Letter of the word OR Spiritual?

The letter of the word KILLS us (because it only teaches what men do), the spiritual aspect of the word gives life because it speaks/teaches about God’s performance (2Cor 3:6); Meaning, what God is doing, NOT what men are doing (Rom 2:29).

The Holy Spirit teaches us by the comparison of spiritual things with spiritual (1Cor 2:13), so that our faith would stand in the power of God (2:5); Those who teach/speak words of “man’s wisdom” (what men do, the letter that kills us) has our faith standing in the wisdom of men and CANNOT demonstrate the power of the Spirit (1 Cor 2:4-5), Meaning the power is of GOD, and NOT of us! (4:7).

“Our own will” is the evil called boasting (Jm 4:16, 13), This is why it is said that brethren who are in error from this truth, need to be converted from THIS error called “OUR WAY” so that their souls shall be saved from death, and a multitude of their sins can be hidden (Jm 5:19-20).

‘OUR OWN WAY IS AN ABOMINATION (Ez 16:47); Those who are in the error of “their own way” are “self-willed” believers who are presumptuous because they are still walking in the lusts of their flesh (because they haven’t learned HOW to crucify it) and these are not afraid to speak evil of God’s dignities who set forth this truth (2Pet 2:10).

BELIEVERS WHO (HAVEN’T LEARNED HOW TO) CRUCIFY THE AFFECTIONS, AND LUSTS OF THEIR FLESH, ARE NOT CHRIST’S. (Gal 5:24)

This is because they still have “their own will” present within them so that they cannot perform anything good (Rom 7:18). These are “wretched” believers in need of deliverance (7:24); So that Jesus would not spew these wretched, and blind ones, out of His mouth! (Rev 3:17-16).

Only false brethren bring us into the bondage of the “letter” of the law (Acts 15:1); Which KILLS us (2Cor 3:6). Believers who are performing the law are under the curse, NOT in the blessing of Christ which redeems us from having to perform the law (Gal 3:10-13).

We are justified by the faith OF CHRIST, NOT by the works of the law (Gal 2:16); And those who are seeking to be justified by Christ, are not found as “sinners”, because these understand that GOD has forbidden Christ to be the minister of sin (2:17).

We are only frustrating the grace of God IF we “think” that righteousness comes by the law (our work). Christ’s death is vain [in this kind of belief] (Gal 2:21). Rather ASK God to take you through the crucifying process WITH CHRIST, so that it would no longer be YOU living, [for yourself in your will], but Christ living in you [so that you can live unto God for others] because you would now be living by the faith OF Christ [not your faith] Gal 2:20).

This is why it is said that God is revealed [by coming] from faith to faith so that we can live just by faith (Rom 1:17); Without which we are ignorant (1:13) because we haven’t had someone sent unto us to impart the “spiritual” gift (of grace in all of its teaching) so that we could be established in the faith (Rom 1:11).

HAVE YOU RECEIVED GRACE (IN ITS TEACHING) SO THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE THE OBEDIENCE THAT IS IN HIS NAME? (ROM 1:5)

In order to have true biblical understanding (which is called the holy;- Prov 9:10); we need the word of God taught unto us with meaning (understanding), Paul said that it IS better to have “FIVE” words of understanding than to speak “ten thousand” words without meaning (1Cor 14:19).

The truth reveals the GRACE of God at work (Col 1:6); and without subjecting ourselves to this teaching of GRACE, God says that we are in ABOMINATION because we are in “our own will be done” (Ez 16:47, cf Ts 2:11-12).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Z,
    So we must strive by an action of our will to put our will to death?
    Is this not just another form of attempted self salvation-an impossible task?
    Frankly I do not think we are to strive and daily submission allows the sovereignty of God.

Ztheberean
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 02 2008,11:32)
    Hi Z,
    So we must strive by an action of our will to put our will to death?
    Is this not just another form of attempted self salvation-an impossible task?
    Frankly I do not think we are to strive and daily submission allows the sovereignty of God.

Hi Nick,

NO, NO we cannot put our own will to death, the whole point of the post is that we must ASK God to put our will to death so that we can do His will. For He gives us a willingness first, and then causes us to perform for His pleasure (Phil 2:13)It's all about God's performance, not ours.

I hope I answered your question. Thanks for responding.
    Z

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Z,
    Even Jesus will was alive and well in Gethsemene just before his death.
    God does not want zombies but children devoted to Him by choice

Psalm 123
    1Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.

2Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Z,
    The letter kills because it exposes us as sinners incapable of righteousness and worthy of death.

Ztheberean
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 02 2008,11:54)
    Hi Z,
    God does not want zombies but children devoted to Him by choice

Psalm 123
    1Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.

2Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.

Nick,

You Said:

Hi Z,

My response:

Jesus did not come to do His will, but the will of the Father who sent Him (Jn 5:30) Jesus did NOTHING of Himself except what the Father taught Him (Jn 8:28) Jesus didn't speak “His own” words but the words of the Father (Jn 14:10)
    Jesus came down from heaven NOT to do “His will” but the Father who sent Him (Jn 6:38)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Z,
    Submission of his own will till the last.
    But not without a final plea.
    Lk22
    41And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,

42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Zthebrean……….AMEN, AMEN, Brother as Jodi would say, YOU nailed it Brother. Its all about GRACE (God's influencing on the Heart). Many PROFESS GOD , but deny the (POWER THEREOF) They want people to believe its all up to themselves, this is False Christianity. There so-called (FREE WILLS) Has nothing to do with salvation. It is a gift (FROM GOD). Again Amen brother.

Bless you brother these teachings need to be understood here and everywhere, It's not by (OUR WILLS) we are saved it is the WILL of GOD working by Faith through the operation of (HIS) GRACE (His influencing on the heart).

May the Lord bless you and keep you, make His face to shine on you and Be GRACIOUS unto you, lift up His countenance on you and give you peace………………….gene

Ztheberean
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 02 2008,13:13)
    Zthebrean……….AMEN, AMEN, Brother as Jodi would say, YOU nailed it Brother. Its all about GRACE (God's influencing on the Heart). Many PROFESS GOD , but deny  the (POWER THEREOF) They want people to believe its all up to themselves, this is False Christianity. There so-called (FREE WILLS) Has nothing to do with salvation. It is a gift (FROM GOD). Again Amen brother.

Bless you brother these teachings need to be understood here and everywhere, It's not by (OUR WILLS) we are saved it is the WILL of GOD working by Faith through the operation of (HIS) GRACE (His influencing on the heart).

May the Lord bless you and keep you, make His face to shine on you and Be GRACIOUS unto you, lift up His countenance on you and give you peace………………….gene

Hi Gene!

Thank you for the encouragement brother, I am a sister just to let you know. I couldn't have said it better. You are one of the few that really get it, meaning that it's all about God working, which is GRACE how refreshing.
    God bless you, and be gracious upon you too.

Z

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Z,
    Grace came through Jesus Christ.
    Grace is given unto faith and repentance but thence we must seek and obey.

Some believe in magic and being forced by grace unto salvation but we must work out our salvation in fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:12
    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Ztheberean
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 02 2008,14:45)
    Hi Z,

Some believe in magic and being forced by grace unto salvation but we must work out our salvation in fear and trembling.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Hi Nick,

You Said:

My Response:

We can't seek and obey without God's help and strength, because in our own strength, we are not able to fulfill His will. This is what Grace IS God working, not us working, but we have to ASK Him to work, and our ask cannot be amiss because of lusts or we get nothing from Him, our ask is so that we can be a benefit unto others.
    Again, without us receiveing grace, we cannot have the obedience that is in His name (Rom 1:5) And this is speaking of us being TAUGHT the doctrine of grace so that we can have obedience from our hearts (Rom 6:17).

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi Z,

Nick……..seems we have a contradiction in scripture then, My bible say we are SAVED BY GRACE and that NOT OF WORKS we do, But you seem to think it's by YOUR WORKS Some how you figure out how to save yourself through the operation of fear and trembling. But my bible says you brethren have not come to that mountain burning and Trembling to FEAR, as they did, Interesting i guess we all pull out of scripture what fit our theologies. Personally I would do it By Faith working through GRACE (GODS INFLUENCING ON THE HEART) and you BY FEAR and THIMBLING, good luck on YOUR WORKS, but also remember fear (HAS TORMENT) and (NOTHING IS PERFECTED IN FEAR). We through FAITH come (BOLDLY) to the throne GRACE that we might find help in the time of need. So you do it YOUR way we will do it our way. Please don't misunderstand God's GRACE (influencing on the heart) does cause us to give God sincere reverence and Godly respect, but even that comes from GOD, not ourselves. Scripture Shows it those who dont believe how are fearful, and they will have their part in the lake of fire, just as scripture says they will.

Peace…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….i think if we start a thread on (FEAR) it would be beneficial to all, i have to go to my sons for a few days, but will try to take my laptop and see if i can get on line, but if not i will try to explain my view on fear when i get back, it is a very important topic and i believe it can help a lot of people out, because many have been and are plagued with fear in nearly all religions. In fact the fear is so great in some cases it totally restricts peoples whole lives and cause them to become slaves to organizations i know that for a fact , because i have personally experienced it. This would be a good Subject and definitely would help people i believe.

Peace to you……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Ztheberean @ Sep. 03 2008,02:30)

Hi Z,

Hi Nick,

You Said:

My Response:

We can't seek and obey without God's help and strength, because in our own strength, we are not able to fulfill His will. This is what Grace IS God working, not us working, but we have to ASK Him to work, and our ask cannot be amiss because of lusts or we get nothing from Him, our ask is so that we can be a benefit unto others.
    Again, without us receiveing grace, we cannot have the obedience that is in His name (Rom 1:5) And this is speaking of us being TAUGHT the doctrine of grace so that we can have obedience from our hearts (Rom 6:17).

Hi Z,
    I can do all things
    through
    him who strengthens me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ztheberean @ Sep. 02 2008,14:25)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 02 2008,13:13)
    Zthebrean……….AMEN, AMEN, Brother as Jodi would say, YOU nailed it Brother. Its all about GRACE (God's influencing on the Heart). Many PROFESS GOD , but deny  the (POWER THEREOF) They want people to believe its all up to themselves, this is False Christianity. There so-called (FREE WILLS) Has nothing to do with salvation. It is a gift (FROM GOD). Again Amen brother.

Hi Gene!

Thank you for the encouragement brother, I am a sister just to let you know. I couldn't have said it better. You are one of the few that really get it, meaning that it's all about God working, which is GRACE how refreshing.
    God bless you, and be gracious upon you too.

Z

Ztheberan………Sorry i thought you were a man, my mistake.
    I would encourage to hold onto what you have, God has given you this understanding and it is right. Jesus was all his life putting His will to death not Just at Gethsemane only as Nick would like you to believe. Gethsemane was just the final battle. It's plainly says “it is written in the volume of the books concerning me I come to do THY WILL “O” GOD. and all the other scriptures you said as well as Jesus saying I away do what pleases the Father, So he always did the Father's will. Jesus whole life was in obedience to the Father's will. Why because He was (FULL OF THE GRACE OF GOD). God's influencing on the heart.

Love and peace to you and yours………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Indeed Jesus chose to do the Father's will at all times.
    God was in him to will and to do and he allowed himself to be fully led daily by the Spirit of God.

We follow him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……No disagreements with that. With the fullness of God GRACE in HIM there was no other way but to overcome HIMSELF. Thats the power of our Heavenly Father in our lives and Jesus' life also. It caused us to overcome ourselves which is putting our WILLS to DEATH.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account