Laying on of Hands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    iamleast
    Participant

can i ask you do you practice the laying of hands to heal the sick and if you do does it always work? If we question who God saves then we have become judgers of hearts and not bringing hope through Christ who is the author and finisher of each christians faith.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

iamleast………..Welcome to the site, I agree with you that laying on of Hands is important , When i was first baptized at age 21, i just got wet that's all, i was expecting to recieve the Holy Spirit, but I did not and left that church that day and never went back. It was a let down in my life, years later I joined the WWCG and they believed on laying on of Hands , I was re-baptized and when the Elders laid their Hands on me and prayed over me I (felt) the HOLY SPIRIT come into me, it was quite an experience. I have had many prayers answered in my life and seen many Miricales also. With that being said, I also believe that we can not limit how and who GOD Elects to call and give of His Spirit. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

Gene I was baptized in the baptist church and basicly was told I was saved. How can you be told you are saved? Then I went to an apostolic church was baptized in Jesus name. I felt so clean , a few weeks later I felt the Holy Ghost enter in when I woke myself up speaking in toungs.

thanks

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………Is baptism in water what saves us (NO) its baptism of Spirit, that changes us and causes us to perceive with understanding the things of God. John plainly said “I indeed baptize with water, (but) he who comes after me will baptize with (SPIRIT AND FIRE) and when Jesus came to John to be baptized by him, John said “I have (NEED) to be Baptized BY YOU”, Notice he understood the difference between water baptism and Spirit Baptism. We need to understand this also, its the baptism of Christ that matters and transforms the life of a person, water only makes you wet, and while it is a open declaration of ones Faith, but beyond that it does nothing else, it's the receiving of HOLY SPIRIT (holy intellect) that changes the mind and transform us into the Children of GOD. The laying on of hands i believe is important in the process, but does not limit GOD the FATHER, as in the case of Cornelius and the Apostles themselves. Even our calling began way before we were baptized, God was at work in us from our berth. IMO

love and peace to you all………………….gene

iamleast
    Participant

yes that what i was gettiing at Gene Rom 8:9 says it best and  those born of spirit do know it!!

you will know when you have the spirit

iamleast
    Participant

Gene i wanted to add according to scripture the only way that continued was laying of hands if we saw tongues of flames now it would be a miracle and everyone wouldnt need faith! in each instance that tongues of flame occurred it was only to show that it had happened as I stated in the previous post. in Acts chapter 8:14- 17 we see that you can believe and not be indwelled with the Holy Spirit without laying of hands and I said Sauls own conversion is a good enough account to show that it was Jesus who stood before Saul on the roadside to damascus who told him to seek out Ananias it was Jesus who mentions to Ananias that Saul is a chosen vessel why didnt Jesus save him without Ananias? even Heb shows us the change between the faith then and the promise through Christ 11:40 and 12:1,2 Gods limits are not in question the only thing that is a question that we need to answer is what scripture says about salvation is it a laid out plan as he did with the ten commandments and the promise of Jesus? or is it something that we can pick up a chick tract and read what it says and say the prayer at the end and consider ourselves saved. because somewhere along the line thats just what has happened!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome ial,
    Even the shadow or clothing from the anointed brothers was sufficient for God to work though faith to heal.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 06 2009,03:51)
    iamleast………..Welcome to the site, I agree with you that laying on of Hands is important , When i was first baptized at age 21, i just got wet that's all, i was expecting to recieve the Holy Spirit, but I did not and left that church that day and never went back. It was a let down in my life, years later I joined the WWCG and they believed on laying on of Hands , I was re-baptized and when the Elders laid their Hands on me and prayed over me I (felt) the HOLY SPIRIT come into me, it was quite an experience. I have had many prayers answered in my life and seen many Miricales also. With that being said, I also believe that we can not limit how and who GOD Elects to call and give of His Spirit.  IMO

Peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

Hi brother Gene,
    Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I also got baptised in water at the age of 16 and was filled by Holy Spirit(Baptism) later within few days and spoke in unknown tongues. I also experienced praying in Spirit with unutterable groanings for a number times.

May God bless you with more knowledge in His word.
    Peace and love to you
    Adam

Cindy
    Participant

Hi iamleast This is really ironic, that Gene and my Husband and I were Baptized and laid Hands on by the same W.W.C.G. We came out of the Catholic Church and we both were sprinkled on as babies. So when we received the Holy Spirit it was a really fantastic act for us. The first day after our Baptism I was sitting on the Sewing Machine and things did not go right. I was using curse words and each time I did, the Holy Spirit told me what I was doing was wrong. The odd thing in all of this was, I was not even aware of doing so. That is what sin does to you, it becomes automatic as time goes on. Since then we have overcome so many things, ” Thanks be to our Great God.” It still happens at times, but living under the Blood of Christ, it does not happen as often. Being 70 years old helps too.
    We now are looking forward to the World Tomorrow. No more pain and no more sorrow, to always be happy, I can't even imagine that.
    Peace and Love Irene

iamleast
    Participant

I really appreciate seeing fellow christians talk about their faith thanks Cindy, Gene

i do talk about my faith aND IN THE CHURCH i GO TO THEY DO LAY ON HANDS

iamleast
    Participant

didnt mean anything bad by this post cindy and genes story is similar to mine im sorry if it sounded wrong it wasnt meant to be I too came from the RCC!

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 10 2009,00:29)
    i do talk about my faith aND IN THE CHURCH i GO TO THEY DO LAY ON HANDS

Why would you make iam make feel bad. He did not say anything against you did He? I appreciate such commons. We need more of that around here. Most are nice but not many give compliments. There is Mandy and Kathi that do. And now iam. I am happy for you that you received the Holy Spirit. Be nice O.K.
    Peace and Love Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (iamleast @ July 10 2009,08:56)
    didnt mean anything bad by this post cindy and genes story is similar to mine im sorry if it sounded wrong it wasnt meant to be I too came from the RCC!

Thank you for your compliment, it is very much appreciated.
    keep up the good work!!!
    In Christian Love Irene

God is good

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 11 2009,02:58)
    God is good

You are so right!!! What would we have done if our Heavenly Father would not have send His only Begotten Son, so we could have eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    In Christian Love Irene

where would I be without Jesus?, Where would I spend eternity?, lost in a world full of sorrow, without Jesus where would I be?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 13 2004,22:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 12 2004,14:47)
    You seem to preach that false teaching that salvation is by faith alone.

This is what I preached on the salvation page.

You need to acknowledge that God exists and is a rewarder of those who seek him.
    You must also acknowledge that you are a sinner.

You need to ask God for forgiveness of your sins and promise Him that you will serve Him and stop sinning. You are required to ask God for forgiveness of your sins from now on and make an effort not to continue sinning. (Please Note that everyone sins, but what is required from you is the effort to not practice a sinful life, but rather do the will of God).

You must believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died in your place for your sins that you may go free.

You are required to be obedient to God from now on. This is easy if you really love God. Being obedient includes Jesus command to be baptized (to acknowledge your acceptance of the gospel) and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you live in Gods will, you will have the victory over this wicked world and you will enter paradise when you die.
    1 John 2:17 says “The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever”.

etc…

t8  I am having a debate with choosenone , who does not think that we now don't have to the Throne of God and ask for forgiveness of our sins!  Thank you!
    In Christian Love Irene

Quote (Cindy @ July 12 2009,05:02)

Quote (t8 @ July 13 2004,22:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 12 2004,14:47)
    You seem to preach that false teaching that salvation is by faith alone.

This is what I preached on the salvation page.

You need to acknowledge that God exists and is a rewarder of those who seek him.
    You must also acknowledge that you are a sinner.

You need to ask God for forgiveness of your sins and promise Him that you will serve Him and stop sinning. You are required to ask God for forgiveness of your sins from now on and make an effort not to continue sinning. (Please Note that everyone sins, but what is required from you is the effort to not practice a sinful life, but rather do the will of God).

You must believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died in your place for your sins that you may go free.

You are required to be obedient to God from now on. This is easy if you really love God. Being obedient includes Jesus command to be baptized (to acknowledge your acceptance of the gospel) and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you live in Gods will, you will have the victory over this wicked world and you will enter paradise when you die.
    1 John 2:17 says “The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever”.

etc…

t8  I am having a debate with choosenone , who does not think that we now don't have to the Throne of God and ask for forgiveness of our sins!  Thank you!
    In Christian Love Irene

thanks cindy for that i feel that yo have verry good points

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account