Laying on of Hands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 189 total)
  • Author
    meerkat
    Participant

In context

Jesus answered,

Jhn 3:5 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jesus does not say born of baptism and the Spirit, it is water and Spirit, the next verse explains flesh is flesh, you need to be born of the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Jesus tore the curtain.
    Matthew 27:51
    And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Heb 10
    19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21And having an high priest over the house of God;

Heb6
    19This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    We know that without the Spirit of Christ we are not of him.

But water is water.
    You have not explained it.
    And it is not the so called waters of childbirth

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..also read Act 1:4-5 …> And being assbled with them commanded them that they should no depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the Promise of the Father, which saith He (Jesus), ye have heard from me. vers 5,…FOR JOHN TRULY BAPTIZED WITH WATER; BUT (YOU) SHALL BE BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT NOT MANY DAYS HENCE.

Nick , that was Jesus telling them that Brother.

love to you and yours……………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Indeed they were reborn of the Spirit at Pentecost.
    They had been washed by the Word.

Jn15
    3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

He was baptised in water and we follow him.
    Acts lays out the pattern.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….did you not get anything that was just quoted you.?

peace……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    It is false teaching to say we do not need water baptism.
    If God chooses to say it is not necessary first for whatever reason as with Cornelius that is His perogative.

Read Acts and you will see the way of Jesus laid out among those who were obedient and definitely blessed of the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..I just quoted it to you, right out of Jesus Mouth and you still don't get it. whats the point of continuing.

peace brother……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Did he say it was not necessary or did you imagine it?
    Read Acts and follow him.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 15 2008,11:32)
    Hi mk,
    Jesus tore the curtain.
    Matthew 27:51
    And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Heb 10
    19Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

21And having an high priest over the house of God;

Heb6
    19This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil,

Yes – that was the symbol of what happened spiritually the physical veil was a type of the spiritual – the physical temple was a type of the spiritual – water baptism is a symbol of the spiritual baptism of the spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Really?
    Seems more of a plea for forgiveness
    1Peter3
    21Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you–not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience–through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
    Acts 2
    37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

That promise still exists

meerkat
    Participant

And the next verse says that the purpose of all that was be be saved from that untoward generation – leading up to the destruction of 70AD when the physical temple was destroyed.

Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Save yourself FROM this untoward generation.

Not the problems they are soon to face now, but the terrible punishment they would face-if he did not forgive them from the cross. It is the generation they needed to be withdrawn from, reborn into Christ

iamleast
    Participant

Hi i registered here because of this post Acts is the foundation for our understanding how one recieves the indwelling of the Holy Spirit Acts 2:3 and 11;15 shows us 2 ocassions where the Holy Spirit was seen as tongues of flame descending in each case it was to show that it had happened first time was the circumcision the second the gentiles in acts 8:14- 17 we see the shift from miraculous tongues of flame to laying of hands even Sauls own conversion shows us in Acts 9 that standing in front of Jesus believing in him there he wasnt saved according to Rom 8:9 he wasnt saved until he met up with Ananias who laid hands on him. Anyone can believe in Jesus i did when i was 8 years old , but i did not find him until i was 15 years old if we look at Heb 11 we see the foundation for Faith what people dont see is the last verse 11:40 and the beginning of chapter 12 verse 1,2 if you can understand what it means to be made perfect John 17:23  then you might understand what these 2 verses are getting at and Pauls sums it up with verse 2 to establish that it is Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith to make clear that it is not a self absorbed egotistical delusion that Jesus is his Lord. IDK how this new way has come about where people can just say that they believe in him and consider themselves saved (is it arrogance or just misguidance) without ever experiencing truthful salvation the bible shows us clearly that the indwelling of the Holy Spirit does not go without one knowing (Eph 1:13, Eph 4:30, Rom 8:16, Heb 10:15) these are a few of the many verses in here anyways laying of hands is the only way one receives salvation unless you can honestly say you saw tongues of flame descend on you (that would be a miracle)!!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome IAL,
    good post.
    However because God knew the servants of God bearing his treasure would become rare he gave us the promise of Lk11.13

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 13 2004,22:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 12 2004,14:47)
    You seem to preach that false teaching that salvation is by faith alone.

This is what I preached on the salvation page.

You need to acknowledge that God exists and is a rewarder of those who seek him.
    You must also acknowledge that you are a sinner.

You need to ask God for forgiveness of your sins and promise Him that you will serve Him and stop sinning. You are required to ask God for forgiveness of your sins from now on and make an effort not to continue sinning. (Please Note that everyone sins, but what is required from you is the effort to not practice a sinful life, but rather do the will of God).

You must believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died in your place for your sins that you may go free.

You are required to be obedient to God from now on. This is easy if you really love God. Being obedient includes Jesus command to be baptized (to acknowledge your acceptance of the gospel) and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you live in Gods will, you will have the victory over this wicked world and you will enter paradise when you die.
    1 John 2:17 says “The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever”.

etc…

t8 I agree with all of that.  I also think that laying on Hands by a Minister is part of receiving God's Holy Spirit.  In today's Churches that is not being done.  I have asked a Pastor of a Baptist Church once, where our Son and 3 of our Grandsons go and were Baptized.  He said that is not important, which I disagree with.  I am glad Nick brought that up.
    Peace and Love Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 05 2009,19:23)

Quote (t8 @ July 13 2004,22:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 12 2004,14:47)
    You seem to preach that false teaching that salvation is by faith alone.

This is what I preached on the salvation page.

You need to acknowledge that God exists and is a rewarder of those who seek him.
    You must also acknowledge that you are a sinner.

You need to ask God for forgiveness of your sins and promise Him that you will serve Him and stop sinning. You are required to ask God for forgiveness of your sins from now on and make an effort not to continue sinning. (Please Note that everyone sins, but what is required from you is the effort to not practice a sinful life, but rather do the will of God).

You must believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He died in your place for your sins that you may go free.

You are required to be obedient to God from now on. This is easy if you really love God. Being obedient includes Jesus command to be baptized (to acknowledge your acceptance of the gospel) and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

If you live in Gods will, you will have the victory over this wicked world and you will enter paradise when you die.
    1 John 2:17 says “The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever”.

etc…

t8 I agree with all of that.  I also think that laying on Hands by a Minister is part of receiving God's Holy Spirit.  In today's Churches that is not being done.  I have asked a Pastor of a Baptist Church once, where our Son and 3 of our Grandsons go and were Baptized.  He said that is not important, which I disagree with.  I am glad Nick brought that up.
    Peace and Love Irene

t8: What are sins? Can you tell me? Are they acts that you do? I know that the only way we can come to God is by faith in the finished work of Jesus. How is it that we can fall away from God by acts? It sounds like faith saves you but works condemn you. If we don't know what sins are then how can we make an effort to stop sinning? If we are forgiven and cleansed from sin how do you say we always sin? Thank you for your time, TK

iamleast
    Participant

Luke 11:13 is just what I do every time I lead someone in Prayer to Christ you seem to think this verse deals with the new way! Think of this verse then tell me you can say thats true John 14:6 thats also why Paul makes it clear to give honor to Jesus in verse 2 of Heb 12 we are not the savers; we are children of God he hears us (1Cr 2:11-14)!   I dont see a diminishing of Gods children what I see is false doctrine in salvation  Heb 11:6 teaches us to seek him dilligently and he will reward us!!! what does he reward us with?? I believed in God when i was 8 years old I read the childrens bible every day was brought up in the RCC i just couldnt understand the repetitiveness of prayer the RCC does and what was truth I believed in Jesus but not as the RCC portrayed him! if faith was believing in something that we couldnt see then why is there so many statues to look at? it was all phony to me! 7 years passed and I went to live with my sister for the summer one day I went with my brother in law to his church and that was when I found God asking Jesus into my life as my Lord and Saviour  (the pastor laying hands on me). There is nothing like what happened to me that day I think about Heb 6:4.5 and ask how can anyone who knows this walk away if Rom 14 speaks about those weak in Faith then truthfully who is weak in faith who has the Holy Spirit!!  there is no way anyone who is born of God would not want to share this with others that is every christians HOPE that is why there will never be a diminishing of christians!!

iamleast
    Participant

i wanted to ad to this post Luke 11:13 made me think of something else too Acts chapter 4:24- 31 these are saved believers ! Sauls own conversion is a good enough account to show that if Jesus who stood before Saul on the roadside to damascus told him to seek out Ananias then what other way is there? it was Jesus who mentions to Ananias that Saul is a chosen vessel why didnt Jesus save him without Ananias?

the laying on of hands does not nessasaraly mean salvation, there are other reasons for layig on of hands. one is they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. if there be any sick among you let them come to the elders of the church and anoint them with oil for healing and the prayer of faith shall save the sick.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account