Kingdom–In the hearts of the Pharisees?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

I can't remember that, but I likely agree with you about the Kingdom of God.
    I too believe it is a kingdom of which God is the ultimate authority.

What was it exactly that I disagreed with?

david
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 14 2012,14:24)
    I can't remember that, but I likely agree with you about the Kingdom of God.
    I too believe it is a kingdom of which God is the ultimate authority.

What was it exactly that I disagreed with?

T8, if I remember our discussion (and it was with you and blurred up with 2 others, so I may be wrong), you simultaneously believed both things–that the kingdom is a government, made up of people, but that it is also “inside of us.”

So, while you may agree with me on one end of things, my QUESTIONS that I listed are meant to consider the other side of your beliefs.

It seemed you want to believe both things, but I can't see how both things are possible at the same time. It felt like you just wanted to be safe and take the middle road and somehow believe both things.

I am going to actually attempt to find our conversation from 4 months ago.

david
    Participant

Our conversation was somewhere around here:

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;st=170

david
    Participant

It's more like page 13 that I began to discuss this with you, I think.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;st=120

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi david.

I had a read of a few pages and from what I can tell, I think we didn't disagree on this.

I made some points such as:

• The sons of God are those who are lead by God's spirit.
  • Our spirits bear witness with God's spirit that we are the sons of God.
  • Therefore if the Earth is in the process of redemption but is not fully redeemed, then is it possible that the God of Heaven rules us by his Spirit through our spirit and like a rudder this directs our ways. This contrasts with the flesh, that dictates direction from the outward man, thus the inner man being directed by God who is over the Kingdom, is directing us from within and not in an outward way.
  • The word “within/inside” is also used in the text, “wash the inside of the cup”.

But I also agreed that the Kingdom can be among us too, as Jesus is among us as it is written there I am in the midst of you.

As it stands, whether it is in or among us, how does either fit with the Pharisees given this scripture: “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them”. This is obviously talking of those who are one with Jesus Christ and not Pharisees or anyone else. And how is Jesus among his followers? Certainly not in a body running between them. More likely that he is in them, after all he did say just before he died, “I pray Father just as I am in you and you in me, that they will be in us”.

How is it possible that Jesus can be in us. By his spirit of course so we understand this in a higher dimensional sense by reason of the spiritual not being confined to the physical.

Physically speaking I suppose you could say that Jesus was in the midst or among the Pharisees as he likely frequented places where they were present too. But Jesus was certainly not among them as far as fellowship or breaking bread went. Rather he had confrontations with them most of the time according to that which is written.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account