Keys

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 241 through 254 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    huh?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……. In case you don't know what it is, Rev 19:10….> And i fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, see thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: WORSHIP GOD: for the Testimony of Jesus (IS) the Spirit (intellect)of PROPHECY.

figure that out and you will know what the testimony of Jesus was.

ove and peace to you…………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………being this is a thread on Keys, i want to ask some questions Here for anyone to answer.

Mat 19:9 And i say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whosoever married her which is put away doth commit adultery. Please explain anyone, Why would anyone who married the divorced women be committing Adultery, What if it wasn't her fault He Husband Just divorced her so he could have another women, why is the man who marries her and Adulterer. What if this was His first marriage .

Another question was Solomon and Adulterer Seeing he had 300 or so wifes and around 700 concubines , surely he would be classified as one wouldn't He , and What about Abraham, and Jacob, and Moses, and David, weren't these all adulterers too. Doesn't it say fornicators and Adulterers are not going into the kingdom of God. Lets figure this out. Some one explain it.

love and peace to all…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Intellect is not in any of my versions. Should we add it?  

Why?
    God says so.
    Any more questions?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………typical shallow answer form you i expect nothing else. But may be some one else might be interested in discussing this.

I know intellect isn't written in any version, but simple putting Scripture together will produce the proof. Which you don't seem to be able to do.

So lets discuss lesser things and see what you really know Nick. Do you have a answer for the above simple scriptures then.

love and peace ……………………………gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 15 2009,16:54)
    Nick………being this is a thread on Keys, i want to ask some questions Here for anyone to answer.

Mat 19:9 And i say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whosoever married her which is put away doth commit adultery.  Please explain anyone, Why would anyone who married the divorced women be committing Adultery, What if it wasn't her fault He Husband Just divorced her so he could have another women, why is the man who marries her and Adulterer. What if this was His first marriage .

Another question was Solomon  and Adulterer  Seeing he had 300 or so wifes and around 700 concubines , surely he would be classified as one wouldn't He , and What about Abraham, and Jacob, and Moses, and David, weren't these all adulterers too. Doesn't it say fornicators and Adulterers are not going into the kingdom of God. Lets figure this out. Some one explain it.

Hi Gene:

Jesus is speaking relative to a marriage where both partners are Christians.

This is what the Apostle Paul has to say on this issue:

1Cr 7:10 And unto the married I command, [yet] not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from [her] husband:
    1Cr 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to [her] husband: and let not the husband put away [his] wife.
    1Cr 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
    1Cr 7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
    1Cr 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
    1Cr 7:15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such [cases]: but God hath called us to peace.
    1Cr 7:16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save [thy] husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save [thy] wife?

God did not say that man could not have more than one wife. And those whom you mention did have more than one wife, but the ideal and the intent is “one wife”. The precedent for this was set in the Garden of Eden when God formed a wife for Adam from one of his ribs.

Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This [is] now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
    Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made [them] at the beginning made them male and female,
    Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 15 2009,16:54)

Mat 19:9 And i say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whosoever married her which is put away doth commit adultery.  Please explain anyone, Why would anyone who married the divorced women be committing Adultery, What if it wasn't her fault He Husband Just divorced her so he could have another women, why is the man who marries her and Adulterer. What if this was His first marriage .

Another question was Solomon  and Adulterer  Seeing he had 300 or so wifes and around 700 concubines , surely he would be classified as one wouldn't He , and What about Abraham, and Jacob, and Moses, and David, weren't these all adulterers too. Doesn't it say fornicators and Adulterers are not going into the kingdom of God. Lets figure this out. Some one explain it.

GB,
    You need to take the words that followed in Mt 19 into account.
    “11But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

12For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. “

Scripture does not accuse the great men of the OT and we are not greater than scripture and able to do so.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..because you don't understand what Jesus was saying doesn't mean no one does. Scripture does not condemn them because they were not sinning , but because you don't understand what Jesus was saying you are not able to explain it Nick. But lets see let me uses some of my God given intellect and see if we can figure it out, its really quite simple. The reason that the man who marries the divorced women was committing adultery is because he was marring a women who had a previous covenant it didn't matter if her husband divorced her that did not make her and adulterer like her Husband, when a different man Married the women He became one with her and that act caused Her to break covenant with her first husband, and the new husband became one with her and therefor her state was also his. Another interesting thing brought out here is the women who was divorced was not considered an adulterer until she remarried. why, because she had not broken her vales to her husband even through He broke his valves to her by braking covenant with her, He then became an adulterer , except in the case of (fornication) A woman who fornicated has already broken her vales to the husband and therefor if the husband divorces her he is not conceder the Adulterer the unfaith wife broke covenant. Going on it even gets deeper, when a women marries a man She gives up (HER) identity (NO THE MAN) and there for the man has dominence ove Her as long as she lives, She promises to obey Her husband and cherish him as long as she lives She comes under the authority of her husband and he promises to provide for her and keep her, Nothing says He can't enter into another relationship wit another women as often as he likes because His part of the covenant was not the same as Hers, however if He puts he away he is committing Adultery formany reason except fornication.

Key to understand this…………ADULTERY ……….BREAKING of COVENANT. Has nothing to do with

FORNICATION….. FALSEHOOD……………..Has nothing to do with sex. While sex may be
    the force driving the act, Its the falsehood or lying that God
    hates, not the sex act. This falsehood alway cause some one
    to get hurt and God hates it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Above i meant to say Adultery has nothing to do with SEX but just breaking Covenant only.

peace and love……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Does that understanding seem clear to you?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..lets hear you understanding of it then.

peace and love…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Why add another human understanding?
    What does scripture say?

Scripture unravels scripture.

chosenone
    Participant

Gene.
    No use asking Nick for scripture, he can't understand what he reads anyway.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 15 2009,15:54)

HI GB,
    Jesus discussed the law with the Jewish people.

Mt19
    The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?

8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

10 His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.

11 But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.

He tightened up every aspect of that Law to make it impossible to be fulfilled by them.

We are not under the OT Law

Viewing 14 posts - 241 through 254 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account