Kenrch cannot post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

Feel free to comment here.

Kenrch cannot post anymore. He used up 5 demerit points.

He used them up not because of his doctrine, but his behaviour toward other members.

seekingtruth
    Participant

This is sad, I understand the need for a level of control, but it seems ironic that the one standing on scriptures (however inappropriate some of his comments may have been) has been removed, while those speaking against the “way” are allowed to continue to spread their disbelief.
    ???
    Wm

Proclaimer
    Participant

Ken brought this discipline on himself. His fate was always in his own hands.

Hebrews 12:5-8
    6 because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
    and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.”
    7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?
    8 If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons.

This was done because of his behaviour not his doctrine.

We should be standing up for the truth yes, but not forcing people to do anything. We are not a commune where we shut ourselves away from the world. We are in the world but not of it, so if we start acting like the world by using force then that to me is not a good fruit.

Ken's work was only really pushing people away from the truth.

And it is by our fruits that we are judged. I can't stand by and watch him turn people away from the truth. If they turn away then that is their decision, (and it is written that this will happen), but if they turn away partly because of his behaviour then that is sad.

We don't want people to think that all Christians force people to do everything their way with no consideration for others. Is that not what early missionaries did? All they ended up doing was teaching people to eat with a knife and fork and to have some form of religion. But what of love and patience?

We should be patient, kind, and long-suffering. Not this attitude that it must be my way or the highway.

Admin
    Keymaster

Regarding those who have denied the messiah. A new member group has been set up called “Non-believers” and 2 members have already been moved into that group.

The Non-believers group cannot post in the “Believers Place” forums.

If a member is posting in these forums and disrupting the discussions with unbelief arguments or arguments about God not existing, then please report that member so I can move them into this new group.

Non-believers can post in other forums and can argue their point of view as long as the subject of the discussion is appropriate.

E.g., it is technically OK to argue for Evolution if the discussion is related to that subject.

seekingtruth
    Participant

T8,
    You have correctly rebuked me in the past for not taking a strong enough stand against errors. And while I agree Kens remarks were at time inappropriate (I've told him so in pm) it's strange that your reasoning is “Ken's work was only really pushing people away from the truth.” when all the while atheist and agnostics are tolerated and they're doing the same thing. I do believe that Ken should have been more loving, patient, and long suffering but maybe the same could be said of us.

I want to be clear, I appreciate all that you do T8 and would not want to be in your shoes, these are difficult issues I'm only stating my opinion. May the Lord be with you – Wm

david
    Participant

Quote (heaven @ Jan. 21 2008,16:23)
    Regarding those who have denied the messiah. A new member group has been set up called “Non-believers” and 2 members have already been moved into that group.

The Non-believers group cannot post in the “Believers Place” forums.

If a member is posting in these forums and disrupting the discussions with unbelief arguments or arguments about God not existing, then please report that member so I can move them into this new group.

Non-believers can post in other forums and can argue their point of view as long as the subject of the discussion is appropriate.

E.g., it is technically OK to argue for Evolution if the discussion is related to that subject.

does this mean that actually physically can't post in the believers area or that they shouldn't.

Admin
    Keymaster

Nobody should argue such in the Believers Place, but Non-believers cannot physically (virtually) post there.

At the moment that means to 2 members here cannot physically post there.

Is 1:18
    Participant

I don't think Ken should have been banned. While I think he went over the top at times his motives were commendable. He was basically upset that a sister in the Lord had been led astray by some members (whose motives were questionable, but remain unbanned) and wanted to impart on her the gravity of her decision about Yeshua's candidacy as the Messiah. He got upset! and rightly so. Actually I felt very convicted by some of Ken's posts, I wasn't always around but when I was I was generally complacent. Ken's reaction was the right one for a christian who sees another member of the body influenced by one of Satan's messengers.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 21 2008,16:40)
    T8,
    You have correctly rebuked me in the past for not taking a strong enough stand against errors. And while I agree Kens remarks were at time inappropriate (I've told him so in pm) it's strange that your reasoning is “Ken's work was only really pushing people away from the truth.” when all the while atheist and agnostics are tolerated and they're doing the same thing. I do believe that Ken should have been more loving, patient, and long suffering but maybe the same could be said of us.

I want to be clear, I appreciate all that you do T8 and would not want to be in your shoes, these are difficult issues I'm only stating my opinion. May the Lord be with you – Wm

Thanks for your advice WM.

I have been receiving complaints from many members here for over a year now. Many of those members were believers in Yeshua.

I would assume that had Ken been left unchecked, he would have chased everyone away in the end and at that point I might as well give him the reigns of the website.

I know that he accused me and criticized me for quite some time. Although that never worried me, for other members it was different.

Something had to be done and Ken cannot say that he wasn't warned.

He really did bring it on himself. I personally do not want to ban anybody from here. But I have to take other people into consideration in my decisions.

Not3in1
    Participant

Who are the two members? I know that I have been accussed, time and time again, for denying that Jesus is the Messiah, however I have never actually done this.

This reminds me of an old movie that played in the 70's “Left Behind”. It's the original movie that the book series spun off of. Does anyone remember this movie? It was totally fear-based. The scene: the rapture had taken place and the folks that were left behind who decided for Christ were being literally hunted down and captured and killed. Whenever one of these were taken into custody they had a chance to “deny Christ”. This movie had a huge impact on me when I was a kid. So, even though I am questioning and searching, I doubt that I could ever deny Christ.

At any rate, if I'm one of the members that has been moved into this “new group” then I guess that is where I am supposed to be. Luckily however, God knows our hearts. He knows the two members hearts who are deemed “unbelievers” as well. God help us all.

Love, Mandy

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 21 2008,17:11)
    I don't think Ken should have been banned. While I think he went over the top at times his motives were commendable. He was basically upset that a sister in the Lord had been led astray by some members (whose motives were questionable, but remain unbanned) and wanted to impart on her the gravity of her decision about Yeshua's candidacy as the Messiah. He got upset! and rightly so. Actually I felt very convicted by some of Ken's posts, I wasn't always around but when I was I was generally complacent. Ken's reaction was the right one for a christian who sees another member of the body influenced by one of Satan's messengers.

I am not surprised Isaiah, you pretty much disagree with everything I do. I suppose had I kept him there, I would have been criticized for that.

Anyway nobody is criticizing Ken for what you have described. What Ken persisted to do was harass people, myself included.

He wanted forced confessions and he pretty much attacked everybody but himself.

I agree with him on people being led astray by the wolves. But that was never the issue on why he cannot post. I certainly do not agree with what some say here, yourself included, but I have never banned any of you for that, have I?

It's as simple as this. No member should abuse another. Abuse includes harassment, unauthorized contact, and the like.

You know very well that I argue hard with people who try to trample the truth and I know that Ken did too and for that I respect him. But we should always respect people's free will. Forced confessions is not the way Isaiah. What shall we do next, cut off the ears of those who try to attack our Lord?

Had Ken displayed good behaviour toward others, I am sure that he could have had much more to contribute to all of us.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 21 2008,17:11)
    Ken's reaction was the right one for a christian who sees another member of the body influenced by one of Satan's messengers.

Of course I disagree. Being on the other side of the beating stick, I can tell you that his “methods” went beyond that of a caring (even righteous angered) brother.

It's one thing to cast your vote when you were not the one being abused. But I have the bruised to prove it! I couldn't post a sentence without Ken mocking, accusing, putting words in my mouth and the list goes on. He man-handled me. That is NOT how a brother should rescue a sister out of harm's way, I'm sorry. You don't even know……

Participant

We'll I didn't say I agreed with his methodology, I just respected the motivation behind it. Somethimes your true friends will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear….

Proclaimer
    Participant

That is still not the point.

Nobody gets banned for saying something necessary even if it makes him unpopular.

But for harassment and continuous discord among all, well that requires discipline.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 21 2008,17:30)
    I just respected the motivation behind it.

Hi motivation was TO BE RIGHT! Even now he PM's me and says he is victorious because he got me to admit that Jesus isn't my Messiah. What?! He is demented. I never admitted anything of the sort. His harassment continues beyond HeavenNet. I'm going to have to block him from my email if it continues.

I've thanked him for everything that he has taught me – mainly things about the Sabbath; I am forever grateful for that revelation. He knows that I have appreciated him in the past for his concern and for his prayers. But something went terribly wrong over the last couple of months. His behavior was unacceptable for a Christian. Seekingtruth is a bit miffed that unbeliever's continue here but Ken was asked to leave. Have you ever thought that to whom much is given, much is expected? Don't you think that those who hold the truth are judged more strictly than those who do not? I believe this is true. Ken took advantage of his high position, in my opinion. I'm sure that if he listens to God's voice, he will hear both discipline and love. I know because I have been there myself.

Not3in1
    Participant

I'm sorry. I've spoke my peace regarding Ken and now I'll say no more. God bless him and keep him.
    Mandy

Participant

high position? elaborate.

Laurel
    Participant

Ken should be able to post on heaven.net

The whiners should be qicked off.

Y'shua Messiah rebuked sinners, and offended them.

Ken stands for what he knows it the truth. He is correct about the Seventh Day Sabbath. He is correct about Y'shua being the Messiah.

We are very passionate about our Savior! I left because the whiners get more respect than the believers! Like wolves in sheeps clothing or the deceptive ones disguised as messengers of light, they deny the Spirit and will not be saved in the end.

Not only did Ken stand for His Savior, he cared about you all here, so he fought to rescue you.

Now the athiests have their own place on heaven.net. In the real heaven, they will all be gone. This place is becoming tainted with the politics of world government, rather than Scriptural governing.

Well Ken I hope you have a nice break, mine has been awesome. You can email me any time at home. I love you like a brother, a brother in Messiah that is.

Laurel

Participant

I just think Ken wanted you to convince you of the real Yeshua, but didn't know how to go about it. In his approach he got it wrong. The issue was your opinion of Yeshua though, don't overlook this. If he didn't care for you, he wouldn't have bothered.

Not3in1
    Participant

Paul, I think you haven't been here enough to really know all that he put me and other's through. That goes for Laurel as well. It is evident in the way you see his behavior as “rescuing” and “righteous anger” – it was neither.

“If he didn't care for you, he wouldn't have bothered.” – Oh, good grief. Tell me where in the bible does it say to brow-beat your sister? Where does it say to follow her everywhere she goes with a sing-song of mocking and telling lies about her? Where? No, his behavior was not becoming a Christian. I doubt very seriously that God approved of his behavior, it certainly wasn't scriptural.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 142 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account