Kathy What Do You Mean By Preexisting Sonship?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 436 total)
  • Author

Quote (Lightenup @ June 01 2011,13:30)
    Good post about being in a church Keith!

Kathi

Thanks!  :)

Keith

Istari
    Participant

Kathi,
    Your answer is no answer – it is sheer codswallop!

A mishmash of nonsense.

What nature is Jesus and God?
    What nature is Jesus and God different from the other Spirits?

You don't say but just summize!!

Please can you say what Nature Jesus and God that is different from the other Spirits, thanks!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ May 31 2011,23:08)
    I am glad that you are making a distinction between Jesus and satan now, anyway.

I OFFERED to make the aforementioned distinction for you. But if you will not do the same, I will rethink the offer.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 01 2011,12:21)
    Read 1 Cor Chapters 12-13 and you will get an understanding of how the NT Church was to function.

29 Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30 And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31 For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.

Is this how it is in YOUR church Keith? Does anyone get to participate whenever they have something to say? If I went to your church, could I stop the pastor in the middle of his speech and ask him to explain how Jesus is our God in light of 1 Cor 8:6, which CLEARLY says our ONE God is the Father?

If so, then send me the address and I'll come. But I won't sit idly by in a pew while the pastor praises Jesus over and over as God, as if he doesn't even know the Name of the Father, or that it was HE who actually saved us by sending His very own Son as a ransom sacrifice.

Would you or Kathi gather with devil worshippers just to keep from being an island all to yourselves?

Many of the false things you both teach were learned at these “churches” – the same kind of churches that you would have me become a member of. I'll pass.

Now, to the POINT of my post Keith: It seems evident enough to you and I that those of us who are mostly “self taught” come up with Jesus being the Son OF our one God, the Father. Yet those of YOU who learned in churches and from Trinitarian pastors come up with the totally illogical and unscriptural understanding that Jesus IS the God he is also the Son of.

Your understanding says we will someday be BROTHERS of God Almighty Himself (Themselves?). Your understanding teaches that God anointed Himself, then sent Himself to die for us, then raised Himself from the dead, and exalted Himself to His own right hand where He is His own Priest and Servant to Himself. And after He places His enemies at His own feet, so that He can subdue them, He'll turn the Kingdom back over to Himself so He can be all in all.

This teaching is ludicrous and from the Devil. It is a trap the Devil set to get people to worship someone other than God Almighty. And it has worked on many gullible people for centuries. I'm just not one of them…………..because I was taught by God's written word and not the nonsensical ranting of a servant of Satan posing as an angel of light behind some pedestal in front of a congregation.

Thanks for you concern, but I will take the road less traveled to the narrow gate.

I hope you did gain some insight from this experience Keith. I hope you do understand that left alone with only a Bible, a person of average intelligence will never come up with the trinity doctrine on his own. That nonsense must be spoon fed to the brainwashed masses that are too lazy to even open a Bible and read it for themselves. Fortunately for Satan, there seems to be no shortage of people like this.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I realized after re-reading my post that I was a little harsh.  Keith and Kathi, I don't consider you guys to be satans who are deliberately trying to mislead the masses so that they forfeit everlasting life.

I consider you both to love Jesus so much that you feel an obligation to set him as high as you can.  But you are overstepping the bounds of God's own words in doing so.  Remember how God dealt with Saul because Saul personally saw no harm in keeping the best of the flocks and herds for the soldiers who fought valiantly to win the battle.

What you guys PERSONALLY think doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what God has commanded you.  And you have been blinded by the god of this world to think your own personal feelings about Jesus should override what both Jesus and his own God have commanded.  Over and over in scripture, God has dealt harshly with those who took His commands and laws lightly.

“Worship Jehovah your God, and serve Him ONLY” is a pretty straightforward command.  It shouldn't be to hard to follow it, IMO.
    mike

Lightenup
    Participant

“Worship Jehovah your God, and serve Him ONLY” is a pretty straightforward command. It shouldn't be to hard to follow it,

Jehovah is two persons, one that was seen by Abraham and one that is unseen. Yes, Mike, we should worship Jehovah our God, the Son with the Father, both are called Jehovah.

Jer 23:5“Behold, the days are coming,” declares the LORD,
    “When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch;
    And He will reign as king and act wisely
    And do justice and righteousness in the land.

6“In His days Judah will be saved,
    And Israel will dwell securely;
    And this is His name by which He will be called,
    ‘Jehovah our righteousness.’

Kathi

Istari
    Participant

Kathi, Kathi,Kathi…
    'Jehovah Our Righteousness' is NOT A NAME…
    'Jehovah Our Righteousness' is a TITLE…
    'Jehovah' is 'I Am (YHVH) and 'Our Righteousness' is some other word (call it xyzxyz) – so the NAME is 'YHVH XYZXYZ'

Who is called 'xxx of God' – does that mean they ARE GOD because their name or title of their name has the word 'God' in it?

Istari
    Participant

There is nothing wrong with calling an emissary by the name of the person who sent him – Mike has told you this before – and I repeat it again.

There is no one else who thinks up nonsense except a desparate one.

And these sure are desparate nonsenses, Kathi!

You are scraping the bottom of the barrel on this one!!

kerwin
    Participant

Kathy,

You wrote:

Hi Kerwin,
    God begets God who contains the Father God's nature.
    A god begets nothing.
    God cannot beget a god.
    Perfect cannot beget imperfect.

and

God adopts sons who partake of His nature.
    Only one Son was truly begotten according to His essential nature.  That Son is unlike all others.

You are right about the meaning of the word 'spirit.'  It has different meanings according to context.  When we think of man's spirit in the sense of his 'innerperson' we think, or at least I think of what is missing when a person is in their casket.  The 'person' is not there, just their 'vessel' remains.  I believe that 'they' are with the Lord…absent from the body, present with the Lord.  So when I read about the Spirit OF God, I relate it to what I accept about the spirit that He created within humans…an innerperson that can leave the body.  However, it seems that the Spirit OF God can be sent and return to God or perhaps be sent without ever completely leaving.  I don't know, but the Spirit of God can dwell within us.  I have also considered the Spirit of God as His means of omnipresence…kinda like the internet, how I can write something in America and someone else can read it almost immediately in another continent, all wirelessly.  Radio waves are everywhere carrying messages to and fro.  That creation is amazing to me…how much more the creator of the creation is!

Have a blessed day,
    Kathi

I see living human beings as being composed of two sides.  One side is physical and tangible in nature while the other side is spiritual and intangible in nature.  The intangible side is compost of more than one componet even though all together it is called spirit because of it spiritual nature.  There is also a part of the spiritual side that is called spirit.  It an example is to say a person has a loving spirit because they walk by the spirit of love.   I believe the later kind of spirit is the Holy Councilor that God sends to those that believe because Jesus petitioned him to.  I believe the soul of God is a seperate part of God.

The spirit of God is different than the spirit of man in some ways as it has some traits of an individual and is the creative force of God.

Istari
    Participant

Kathi, 'The name by which he WILL BE CALLED'!!!?

Kathi, if some one WILL BE CALLED something – doesnt that IMPLY that he WAS NOT AT THAT TIME CALLED that which he WOULD eventually BE CALLED?

How can Jesus be NOT JEHOVAH at one time and then IS JEHOVAH at another?
    God is God everlasting…

In fact, your own quote foils you: Jesus WAS NOT JEHOVAH… until he was CALLED BY THAT NAME a a TITLE!!

If you are to be CALLED 'God Blessed', 'Mighty Lord', 'King Pin', 'Rabid Animal', 'Brass Monkey'… Does that imply that you ARE those things – or does the TITLE apply by analogical inference (You are LIKE… those things by analogy… !)

Mighty God… Jesus Shall Be Called … So, was he one at that time – the future title suggests NOT…

Istari
    Participant

Kathi,
    Why does Jesus call his father, 'The Only True God' (John 17:3)?

Lightenup
    Participant

Istari,
    I am glad that you realize that He is talking to the Father and not teaching the disciples. He is recognizing His Father as distinct from the idols and false gods of the land. Later on in the prayer to His Father, He shows the 'us' in their oneness.

Lightenup
    Participant

Istari,
    Just because the scripture says that someone will be called by a certain name does not mean that they aren't that name beforehand…the people just don't realize it and therefore don't see Him as that yet.

Lightenup
    Participant

Istari,
    If one is acting as a emissary then that should be made clear in the context. There is nothing that says that in Gen 18 at all.

Gen 19:24 Then Jehovah rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah out of heaven,

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ June 02 2011,03:45)
    Kathy,

You wrote:

Hi Kerwin,
    God begets God who contains the Father God's nature.
    A god begets nothing.
    God cannot beget a god.
    Perfect cannot beget imperfect.

and

God adopts sons who partake of His nature.
    Only one Son was truly begotten according to His essential nature.  That Son is unlike all others.

You are right about the meaning of the word 'spirit.'  It has different meanings according to context.  When we think of man's spirit in the sense of his 'innerperson' we think, or at least I think of what is missing when a person is in their casket.  The 'person' is not there, just their 'vessel' remains.  I believe that 'they' are with the Lord…absent from the body, present with the Lord.  So when I read about the Spirit OF God, I relate it to what I accept about the spirit that He created within humans…an innerperson that can leave the body.  However, it seems that the Spirit OF God can be sent and return to God or perhaps be sent without ever completely leaving.  I don't know, but the Spirit of God can dwell within us.  I have also considered the Spirit of God as His means of omnipresence…kinda like the internet, how I can write something in America and someone else can read it almost immediately in another continent, all wirelessly.  Radio waves are everywhere carrying messages to and fro.  That creation is amazing to me…how much more the creator of the creation is!

Have a blessed day,
    Kathi

I see living human beings as being composed of two sides.  One side is physical and tangible in nature while the other side is spiritual and intangible in nature.  The intangible side is compost of more than one componet even though all together it is called spirit because of it spiritual nature.  There is also a part of the spiritual side that is called spirit.  It an example is to say a person has a loving spirit because they walk by the spirit of love.   I believe the later kind of spirit is the Holy Councilor that God sends to those that believe because Jesus petitioned him to.  I believe the soul of God is a seperate part of God.

The spirit of God is different than the spirit of man in some ways as it has some traits of an individual and is the creative force of God.

Hi Kerwin,
    Thanks, I agree for the most part. All is really hard to prove though.

Blessings,
    Kathi

Istari
    Participant

Kathi,
    Why does Jesus say that he CAME FROM GOD and that he was GOING BACK TO GOD (John13: 3)
    Why does Jesus say that he was GOING TO HIS FATHER (John 14: 12)

If Jesus came from God (That is 'Sent by God') and is returning to God, to His Father, then since you say Jesus IS God, how did he Come From God and How did he RETURN TO GOD if he IS GOD?
    God 'sent him' and he did not send himself but was sent by the father (From God)…Kathi, is there a strong HINT that GOD IS THE FATHER – that THE FATHER IS GOD – the one and Only True God!!!

Or, else, please explain, without hypothesis, how The Father is God and sent the Son and the Son addresses the Father AS God.

God and Father The Holy Spirit
    ^
    |
    OF
    |
    V
    The Son

Lightenup
    Participant

Istari,
    I agree, God is the Father…BUT He is not God, the Father without the Son. The Son is perfect like the Father and is in the Father. Inseparable.

Istari
    Participant

Kathi,
    You are becoming wearisome with your misunderstanding and purposeless desire to change the meaning of Scriptures.

Now I know that you are just acting wayward for reasons of maintaining wrongful thoughts and ideas.

It is not possible to reach you for you have build a granite walled fortress around your delution and truth is left outside – with you inside the deluded fortress!

'The LORD' is YHVH, Jesus is never called YHVH… you make this up just to validate your responses – NO ONE EVER claimed that JESUS IS YHVH…

Kathi, why are you deluding yourself – please learn truth – not deceit!!

Lightenup
    Participant

I take it Istari, that you don't read the commentary of the experts to compare your understanding to. You would not be able to say this was me deluding myself. See, I read the scriptures with a teachable heart, then confirm my understanding with respected commentaries. You should try it.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

The Father could not be, unless there is a Son. its a depending role, and for there to be a Son there must be a Father, another depending role that has requierements. The scriptures state that God isnt dependant on anything he is omnipotent.
    just my two cents on the matter :)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account