Jw's and islam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 16 2011,16:51)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2011,07:58)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2011,21:24)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2011,07:45)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2011,07:23)

Quote (princess @ Jan. 14 2011,21:35)
    dear Stuart,

hypothetically,
    for one to show you evidence, you being the man of science, would you not dissect the evidence, and being so bold to say, your beliefs would lead you to disprove then to prove, would it not.

to be proved wrong does not seem to be in your nature.

just a thought Stuart.

BD said he had evidence. Maybe we should see the evidence and the claim it supports before we go barging in to try and disprove anything.  I would love to be proved wrong, delighted in fact, however it's not looking likely at this point.

Stuart

But you have been proved wrong again and again. So once again did “Sexual Desire” evolve? Yes or no?

Yes, it is about the most obviously easy adaptation to explain.

Stuart

If desire evolved how could it have evolved and what would the reason be?

You are actually attempting to say there was a point in time when animals did not get in heat and still mated?

Explain the science please

The reason?  Seriously you can't work out even THAT adaptation in terms of natural selection?

Although every adaptation exists within a range of variation, no, there never was a time when an animal that has sexual desire today did not have it in the past.  How could there have been?

Stuart

Therefore desire preceded evolution

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 17 2011,08:08)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 16 2011,16:51)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2011,07:58)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2011,21:24)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2011,07:45)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2011,07:23)

Quote (princess @ Jan. 14 2011,21:35)
    dear Stuart,

hypothetically,
    for one to show you evidence, you being the man of science, would you not dissect the evidence, and being so bold to say, your beliefs would lead you to disprove then to prove, would it not.

to be proved wrong does not seem to be in your nature.

just a thought Stuart.

BD said he had evidence. Maybe we should see the evidence and the claim it supports before we go barging in to try and disprove anything.  I would love to be proved wrong, delighted in fact, however it's not looking likely at this point.

Stuart

But you have been proved wrong again and again. So once again did “Sexual Desire” evolve? Yes or no?

Yes, it is about the most obviously easy adaptation to explain.

Stuart

If desire evolved how could it have evolved and what would the reason be?

You are actually attempting to say there was a point in time when animals did not get in heat and still mated?

Explain the science please

The reason?  Seriously you can't work out even THAT adaptation in terms of natural selection?

Although every adaptation exists within a range of variation, no, there never was a time when an animal that has sexual desire today did not have it in the past.  How could there have been?

Stuart

Therefore desire preceded evolution

Huh?

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 11 2011,08:17)
    Oops, coding didn't work there…was quoting BD…

Greetings Stu….I must say that I have never encounted anyone who has been bombarded with so much rightousness from both organized christianty and Islam….I salute you !!! for you have fielded and attempted to add logic to blind faith…as fruitless an effort that it might be…you tried…and we should thank God together for your effort…

Stu
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Jan. 22 2011,11:51)

Greetings Stu….I must say that I have never encounted anyone who has been bombarded with so much rightousness from both organized christianty and Islam….I salute you !!! for you have fielded and attempted to add logic to blind faith…as fruitless an effort that it might be…you tried…and we should thank God together for your effort…

Thanks, but not completely fruitless, I think…

You could thank me for my effort rather than giving the credit to your Imaginary Friend!

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 22 2011,21:44)

You could thank me for my effort rather than giving the credit to your Imaginary Friend!

Stuart

You still have not explained how your non observance of something somehow causes it to be imaginary.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 23 2011,09:25)

Stuart

You still have not explained how your non observance of something somehow causes it to be imaginary.

Why does that need any further explanation?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 23 2011,19:41)

Stuart

Stuart

Do you believe that your nonobsevervane of an atom somehow cause it to be imaginary?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 25 2011,03:49)

Stuart

Stuart

Do you believe that your nonobsevervane of an atom somehow cause it to be imaginary?

Atoms are completely observable.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 25 2011,13:55)

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

Have you ever observed one?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 28 2011,14:22)

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

Visible atoms. The letters “IBM” are written by arranging individual xenon atoms on the surface of a nickel crystal. The atoms were manipulated and photographed using a “scanning-tunneling microscope.”

Now you have observed an atom too.

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

That's cool. :D

Tim

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 28 2011,19:37)

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

Visible atoms.  The letters “IBM” are written by arranging individual xenon atoms on the surface of a nickel crystal.  The atoms were manipulated and photographed using a “scanning-tunneling microscope.”

Stuart

No, you still have not observed an Atom. If you take that photograph as proof than you have also seen Jesus

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 29 2011,13:54)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 28 2011,19:37)

Stuart

Stuart

Stuart

Visible atoms.  The letters “IBM” are written by arranging individual xenon atoms on the surface of a nickel crystal.  The atoms were manipulated and photographed using a “scanning-tunneling microscope.”

Stuart

No, you still have not observed an Atom. If you take that photograph as proof than you have also seen Jesus

I have no idea what that means.

Did you enjoy observing individual atoms?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

A photo is not direct observance is it? you have only observed a photo you haven't seen the atom itself

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 01 2011,04:24)
    A photo is not direct observance is it? you have only observed a photo you haven't seen the atom itself

Seeing is only the brain's interpretation of an image projected onto your optic nerve. Using your eye is not direct observation (which is what I think you meant to write) either in your terms.

But actually observation is not about these issues. I could just as easily claim to observe chlorine molecules by smelling them.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

I'm sorry, I should have written projected onto your retina. Any image projected onto the blind spot at the end of the optic nerve would be invisible.

Some design, eh!

Stuart

princess
    Participant

what's a matter Stuart, you could design something better.

please, then we would all have orange coats.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 08 2011,11:42)
    what's a matter Stuart, you could design something better.

please, then we would all have orange coats.

No need for me to do anything. Natural selection has given orangutans orange coats and octopii eyes that do not suffer the same blind spot and reverse wiring problems (from the Holy Wikipedia):

Vertebrates and octopuses developed the camera eye independently. In the vertebrate version the nerve fibers pass in front of the retina, and there is a blind spot where the nerves pass through the retina. In the vertebrate example, 4 represents the blind spot, which is notably absent from the octopus eye. In vertebrates, 1 represents the retina and 2 is the nerve fibers, including the optic nerve (3), whereas in the octopus eye, 1 and 2 represent the nerve fibers and retina respectively.

Stuart

princess
    Participant

thanks for that little tidbit of info. why would a orangutans need such vision though. what is the purpose for such things.

the creatures of the night, wonder what selected them to be as they are.

Stu
    Participant

Vampires?!

I guess maintaining a regular supply of white-necked women visitors to their Romanian castle habitats would be the main selection pressure.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account