Jw's and islam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

In my studies today I found this very interesting as JW's often mention Jesus as a pre-existing Angel

Sura #6

7 Had we sent down unto thee (Muhammad) (actual) writing upon parchment, so that they could feel it with their hands, those who disbelieve would have said: This is naught else than mere magic.

8 They say: Why hath not an angel been sent down unto him? If We sent down an angel, then the matter would be judged; no further time would be allowed them (for reflection).

9 Had we appointed him (Our messenger) an angel, We assuredly had made him (as) a man (that he might speak to men); and (thus) obscured for them (the truth) they (now) obscure.

bodhitharta
    Participant

The Bible quite plainly identifies Jesus with the title “archangel”.
    .. ..(1 Thessalonians 4:14-16) Jesus died and rose again, so, too… the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel's voice

Should a Christian be troubled at the Bible teaching that Jesus is the “archangel”? No. The Bible also refers to Jesus as an apostle, yet it is beyond obvious that Jesus is higher than any mere apostle. Or high priest for that matter!
    .. ..(Hebrews 3:1) Consider the apostle and high priest whom we confess—Jesus.

Jehovah's Witnesses do happen to believe that Michael is Jesus, but the idea is hardly central to their faith.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080806085800AAlEwZI

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Why not search for truth where is can be found-in the word of God?
    The musings of men are empty of real wisdom.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2010,07:53)
    Hi BD,
    Why not search for truth where is can be found-in the word of God?
    The musings of men are empty of real wisdom.

Are you saying 1 Thessalonians 4:14-16 is not in the word of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The voice of an archangel will be heard when Jesus returns.
    What is your point?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 07 2010,12:07)
    an angel been sent down?

2Cor.11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
       And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.Therefore it is no great thing if
       his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works
    Prob. 3:33 The curse=66 of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
    1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    Gal.1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven(satan),
            preach any other gospel unto you than that which
            we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 08 2010,11:23)

an angel been sent down?

2Cor.11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
       And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.Therefore it is no great thing if
       his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works
    Prob. 3:33 The curse=66 of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.
    1John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

What are you even talking about? Of course angels are sent down.

Tell me who has denied that Jesus is the Christ?

Now I am going to ask you and you answer if you know

In what way is God a FATHER to anyone? Jesus told us to pray “OUR FATHER” so in what way is God a FATHER to anyone and then tell me in what way is God a Father to Jesus?

Please ED display your knowledge, This is so ludicrous, you have no concept of Metaphor or Allegory whatsoever.

So God is your Father and in what way is that the case?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 08 2010,15:42)

an angel been sent down?

In what way is God a FATHER to anyone? Jesus told us to pray “OUR FATHER” so in what way is God a FATHER to anyone and then tell me in what way is God a Father to Jesus?

Please ED display your knowledge, This is so ludicrous, you have no concept of Metaphor or Allegory whatsoever.

Know the Son and you will Know the Father!

Jesus is Lord=151

Mt:11:27: All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;
        neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
    Lk:10:22: All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is,
        but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

The LORD JEHOVAH=151 (AKJV Isaiah 12:2 / Isaiah 26:4)

Lord means “Owner”; you have made satan your owner.
    You don't know the Son or The Father, because you have made satan your god.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Typical of men. Anyway, so long as it is not the way of truth.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend…

Whatever happened to serving God and letting his scripture teach, instead of serving our own ideals and using scripture to support that.

I personally see this topic as an unnecessary burden that is forced by reason of all the denominations out there that claim to own the truth or have more truth than the others.

Come out of her my people.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 09 2010,10:15)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 08 2010,15:42)

an angel been sent down?

Know the Son and you will Know the Father!

Jesus is Lord=151

Mt:11:27: All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;
        neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
    Lk:10:22: All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is,
        but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

The LORD JEHOVAH=151 (AKJV Isaiah 12:2 / Isaiah 26:4)

Lord means “Owner”; you have made satan your owner.
    You don't know the Son or The Father, because you have made satan your god.

Actually you don't know the son or rather the meaning of what it pertains to which is Anointed Servant and Jesus proved that with the statement within the verses you Quoted, in that Quote Jesus didn't say “There is only one son” if it were true of course we would all know who that one son is if he was referring to himself. But the Son is The Anointed One who is his servant Just like DAVID or SOLOMON. Pay attention

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
    Matthew 11:26-28

1 Chronicles 17:12-14 (King James Version)

12He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.

13I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:

14But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

These are the words of GOD

He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.
    1 Chronicles 22:9-11

And he said unto me, Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father.
    1 Chronicles 28:5-7

Now these are the words of God calling Solomon His “Chosen Son” These are the words of GOD being spoken.

So in what way does he mean Solomon is his son? Then tell me in what way would that make “God” Solomons Father?

Then tell me how that would differ from Jesus?

At least you know that lord simply means owner or master both which Jesus said he was not to his disciples because he became their friends:

John 15:14-15 (King James Version)

14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

So either you are a Friend to Jesus because you have been taught about and know God or you call him lord out of ignorance and you still do not know what he does.

these are the words of Jesus

Jesus is lord=151
    Muhammad is lord= 151

Why do these numbers match?

ED, you seem to love Satan you keep calling Satan “lord” why do you keep doing that? You have called Satan “god” and “lord” why do you speak so highly of Satan?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 09 2010,15:35)
    Jesus is lord=151
    Muhammad is lord= 151

quran is Lord Muhammad=222

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
                       He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Now that you have stopped (Even temporarily) denying the Son.
    You NEED to STOP denying “The Father”(HolySpirit); the “Only” unforgivable Sin!

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the HolySpirit(speaketh against the HolySpirit),
    it shall not be forgiven him; neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Mathew 12:32

“YHVH is GOD”=117

PSALM 117is[The Bible's Center], the “[smallest chapter]” of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 10 2010,20:31)

Jesus is lord=151
    Muhammad is lord= 151

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
    but unto him that blasphemeth against the HolySpirit(speaketh against the HolySpirit),
    it shall not be forgiven him; neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Mathew 12:32

“YHVH is GOD”=117

PSALM 117is[The Bible's Center], the “[smallest chapter]” of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Quran is Lord Jesus=222

1 John 2:22 would be 1222 not 222, stop manipulating the methods you deceiver

david
    Participant

but the idea is hardly central to their faith.

Thankyou for saying that. If I were to venture a guess, this belief would rank somewhere near number 456, if we have that many beliefs. But for some reason, people on here tend to think it is number one or two. Frankly, it is really never mentioned, maybe I hear it or it comes up once every couple years. But on this website, it is portrayed to be some sort of central belief, and mentioned every other week.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 14 2010,14:03)

Jesus is lord=151
    Muhammad is lord= 151

“YHVH is GOD”=117

Quran is Lord Jesus=222

Go tell Muslims “Jesus is Lord”; it's considered 'hate speech' and according to Sharia Law is punishable by death.

Isaiah 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death,
    and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through,
    it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

deceiver=71 = quran=71

You have 'antichrist'=121 'perception'=121

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 27 2010,20:25)

Jesus is lord=151
    Muhammad is lord= 151

“YHVH is GOD”=117

Quran is Lord Jesus=222

Go tell Muslims “Jesus is Lord”; it's considered 'hate speech' and according to Sharia Law is punishable by death.

and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through,
    it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

deceiver=71 = quran=71

Moses=71
    Temple=71
    Catholic=71
    Act of God=71

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 06 2010,21:17)

Jesus is lord=151
    Muhammad is lord= 151

“YHVH is GOD”=117

Quran is Lord Jesus=222

deceiver=71 = quran=71

Moses=71
    Temple=71
    Catholic=71
    Act of God=71

Hello Bod,

Did you read my 2 heresy threads in the Member's profiles?

You seem to know more of scripture than those responding to you.

Also, for a thread on JWs and Islam I didn't see much info presented here. It seems more is presented in responses.

The Professor

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (davidbfun @ Aug. 14 2010,09:01)

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 06 2010,21:17)

Jesus is lord=151
    Muhammad is lord= 151

“YHVH is GOD”=117

Quran is Lord Jesus=222

deceiver=71 = quran=71

Moses=71
    Temple=71
    Catholic=71
    Act of God=71

Hello Bod,

Did you read my 2 heresy threads in the Member's profiles?

You seem to know more of scripture than those responding to you.

Also, for a thread on JWs and Islam I didn't see much info presented here.  It seems more is presented in responses.

The Professor

I simply agree with JW's theology as Islam also agrees with it, It is understandable that the JW's would not agree with Islam because it came after Christianity just Like Jews not accepting Christianity but to be honest it was studying the JW's literature that assisted me in finding Islam in the first place

I would honestly like to know where in the bible Jesus fights satan if he isn't the archangel Michael. I bet my life not one christian will find one scripture to support their answer. :;):

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 06 2010,18:26)
    I would honestly like to know where in the bible Jesus fights satan if he isn't the archangel Michael. I bet my life not one christian will find one scripture to support their answer. :;):

hi

this a stupid question,so there only could be a stupid answer.
    and you did both

Pierre

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 06 2010,20:25)

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ Dec. 06 2010,18:26)

hi

this a stupid question,so there only could be a stupid answer.
    and you did both

Pierre

Oh, Genesis 3:15 reads And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”

Every bible student knows this is a prophecy about Jesus and Satan. Where in the bible does Jesus “bruise satan in the head” so to speak if he isn't michael?

:O ???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account