Justaskin vrs worshippingjesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 468 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

So we know that we can partake in divine nature.

Case closed.

Now that Istari/JA is posting again, does he want to continue his debate with WJ?

Istari
    Participant

Hi T8,
    No. No thanks… I forgot what the point was – the body of the question seems to have been spirited away.
    Whatever it was it will resurface again a new body of questions.

But thanks for asking…

Quote (t8 @ April 03 2011,00:49)

Case closed.

Now that Istari/JA is posting again, does he want to continue his debate with WJ?

t8

Sure. The title of the debate “Is there a Trinity in the Bible” is the subject and Matt 28:19 is proof that “a Trinity” is in the Bible.

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 19 2011,13:45)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Mar. 18 2011,09:46)
    Human nature CANNOT partake of the divine nature.

KJ

Tell that to your buddy Keith, who thinks Jesus is still human AND divine.

mike

Mike,

The divine may become human but the human may not become divine. Philippians 2 is CLEAR that God became human. It takes faith to believe it which you don't have. WJ and I are trying to rescue you from the lake of ifre.

t8 said:

Not in the way you think Bub! We partake only of God's communicable attributes such as love, mercy and righteousness. This is the 'divine nature.'

Where do you get this pagan crap!

KJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

This so-called pagan crap comes from the inspired scriptural verse: 2 Peter 1:4.

We can partake in divine nature. It is what it says and it is what I say too.

You can call that what you like, but I don't even know of a pagan who would call that crap.

BTW, you gave up debating “Kangaroo Jack versus t8 on Christ's divinity”. I know it was because you were stumped.

But look at yourself.

You are calling 2 Peter 1:4 crap and in addition you do not have the decency to reply to a debate when you lose. You just give up and say nothing instead.

You are actually helping our case when you who oppose us and behave in this way because we all know that a good tree produced good fruit.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ April 04 2011,16:24)
    Mike,

The divine may become human but the human may not become divine. Philippians 2 is CLEAR that God became human. It takes faith to believe it which you don't have. WJ and I are trying to rescue you from the lake of ifre.

Hi Jack,

I appreciate you and Keith's concern for my eternal soul.  I too, am trying to save you from worshipping someone other than God and giving the glory of God to someone other than God.  I think both of those things you do on a daily basis are frowned upon in scripture.

But I was wondering if it was these particular words from Phil 2 that make it “CLEAR that God became human”:

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
      and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father.

I can't understand why God would have any need to exalt God.  I can't understand what name God could have given God that would be higher than the name God already had.  I can't understand how the anointed one OF God could be the God who anointed him(self).  And I can't understand why Jesus is listed here as “Lord” to the glory of someone else who is listed as “God”.

I believe your goal is to rescue me from my God-given common sense, rather than the lake of fire.

mike

t8

Since JA concedes to not discuss this topic or thread then it should be noted that according to Matt 28:19 there is “a Trinity” in the Bible and then the debate should be closed and noted in your debate log.

So now whenever you anti-trinitarian bunch say “There is not a Trinity in the Bible” then they can be referred to this thread.  :)

WJ

Istari
    Participant

Ha ha, WJ… Ha ha … Wow !!!
    Out of left field!!!

WJ, there are many TRINITIES mentioned in the Scriptures:
    – Joseph, Mary and Jesus.
    – Abraham, Isaac and Ishmael.
    – The three Spirits in the cloud on the mountain (Jesus, Moses and Joshua)
    – The Rich man, the Poor man and Abraham.
    – The three Angels with Abraham.
    – more (and more significant threesomes)

What is significant about the 'Three' that you mention!

Yet, as these THREE are ONE, as you say, WHY ARE ONLY TWO mentioned in the opening greeting in the letters from the Saints?

Why is only YHVH called Almighty God?
    Why is the Father, alone, called God Almighty?
    Why is the HOLY SPIRIT 'from' and 'of' the Father?
    Why is the HOLY SPIRIT – not- 'From' or 'of' Jesus?
    Who is the FATHER OF GOD?

Jesus is the SON of God? What does that imply?
    The Holy Spirit is the Holy Spirit of God?
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father? What does that imply?

What is the relationship between the JESUS and The Holy Spirit?

Istari
    Participant

Sorry, Elijah (not Joshua)!

Is there any significance in that Jesus and his brothers are Vowelled?
    – JAmes
    – JEsus
    – SImon
    – JOseph
    – JUde/JUdas

Lightenup
    Participant

Did it ever occur to you that the fact that the Son is 'of' God as well as the Holy Spirit is 'of God,' that may be part of what makes God Almighty.  If the Son and Holy Spirit were not 'of' God, then God might not be the 'Almighty' God.  El Shaddai, God Almighty, may very well be the name of the Godhead.

Also, the person talking to Abraham, face to face, was called YHVH, so we know that YHVH is not only the Father since the Father has not been seen by man, or heard by man.

Quote (Istari @ June 01 2011,11:43)
    Ha ha, WJ… Ha ha … Wow !!!
    Out of left field!!!

WJ, there are many TRINITIES mentioned in the Scriptures:

JA

Does any of your Trinities share a singular name with the Divine commision by Jesus himself to baptise in that name?

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name (singular) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matt 28:19

WJ

Quote (Lightenup @ June 01 2011,12:05)
    Did it ever occur to you that the fact that the Son is 'of' God as well as the Holy Spirit is 'of God,' that may be part of what makes God Almighty.  If the Son and Holy Spirit were not 'of' God, then God might not be the 'Almighty' God.  El Shaddai, God Almighty, may very well be the name of the Godhead.

Also, the person talking to Abraham, face to face, was called YHVH, so we know that YHVH is not only the Father since the Father has not been seen by man, or heard by man.

Hi Kathi

Good point! :)

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    Thanks. You made a good point too about the other 'trinities' not being who we are commanded to baptize in. The other 'trinites' weren't involved in creation or eternal salvation either. I believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as all part of the Godhead, just not quite the same as you do. Christians vary in the explanation of that.

Have a great day,
    Kathi

Istari
    Participant

Oh, WJ, we have been through this – why do you keep bringing up what has already been laid to rest!

'In the NAME OF' means 'In the Authority Of/by the authority of'!

'In the name of the Law' – what is the name of the Law?
    'in the name of common sense' – what does this mean?

Kathi, Keith,

Istari
    Participant

Kathi,
    If GOD is God then he CANNOT BE DIVISIBLE!!
    So you cannot take out a Part of him.

He is GOD whether there is a Son or Not.
    But He is NOT A FATHER if there is not a Son?

So GOD is not dependent on being part of a trio/duo – he IS GOD (Hence the beautiful name: I AM)

God is God with the Holy Spirit – now there is a unity…
    But not a divisible unity for the Holy Spirit IS THAT OF GOD!
    It Is his active POWER AND FORCE to give unto whom he will.

If I have complete masterful knowledge of a thing, I can share it with others without diminishing it of myself – yet it empowers others.
    I can give it to some others to share to others…

But I could retrieve that knowledge from whom I give it by changing the thing that that knowledge acts on!!! The knowledge given out is no longer of use to those from whom I changed the premises of that knowledge… The knowledge they HAD is worthless and powerless.

No, Kathi, your thinking is wrong!

Quote (Istari @ June 01 2011,12:48)
    Oh, WJ, we have been through this – why do you keep bringing up what has already been laid to rest!

'In the NAME OF' means 'In the Authority Of/by the authority of'!

JA

So what is the difference? The point is Jesus assigns the “definite article” “The” to each one of the three.

So the three have “Equal authority” for the three share that singular name.

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

But I wasn't talking about God, the Father but a Godhead which includes the Father and the Son with their Holy Spirit…the Father and the Son are separate persons in one Godhead, each called theos. The Father and Son act in unity through their Holy Spirit.

Lightenup
    Participant

Istari,

Kathi, Keith,

God the Father has no father.
    God as the Son, has for His Father, the heavenly Father, He is the one that beget Him.
    These things are elementary, Istari.

Quote (Lightenup @ June 01 2011,12:33)
    Hi Keith,
    Thanks.  You made a good point too about the other 'trinities' not being who we are commanded to baptize in.  The other 'trinites' weren't involved in creation or eternal salvation either.  I believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit as all part of the Godhead, just not quite the same as you do.  Christians vary in the explanation of that.

Have a great day,
    Kathi

Hi Kathi

True. I pray someday we will come into the “Unity of the Faith”, until then we endevour to keep “Unity in the Spirit”. Eph 4:2, 3 and Eph 4:13.

Blessings! Have a good day also! :)

Keith

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 468 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account