Judgements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2008,06:54)
    Hi DK,
    What does scripture say?

Hebrews 9:27
    And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,  

All men except those alive at the return of Jesus suffer the first death because the flesh is condemned.
    Romans 8:3
    For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

The price has been paid by Jesus for those safe in him.

Now those who reject that message and do not overcome and who cannot find the mercy of God
    also face the fire prepared for the devil and his angels-the second death.

Revelation 2:11
    ' He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

Nick…when does the second death (judgement) occur?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    Judgement of all men [who have not already passed from death to life[Jn5]the sons of the resurrection] occurs after the second resurrection at the end of the milennial kingdom.

Rev20
    7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    Those who been baptised have already died with Christ scripturally.

ROM 6
    3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That is why Jesus said some will never die.
    These sons have already passed from death to life and if they overcome will not face the second death.

John 11:26
    And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    Heb9
    28so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Hanoch
    Participant

:) :cool: :laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Another plank that must be removed from Christianity to try and give validity to the Universalism philosophy is that of the Judgement of God.

Instead attempts are made to turn this by a misuse of Pauls' first letter to the saved in Corinth into some sort of a trial by fire of all men.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Carnal minds think in carnal ways. Spiritual minds think in Spiritual way. He who preaches a gospel of fear will eat of what he preaches it will be the plate served back to him. He who preaches destruction of others will himself reap destruction of himself. God is Just and will render unto ever man according to his works. The fearful and unbelieving will have their part in the lake of Fire, so if i were you i would be careful which fire you assign others to.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You have explained that this fire is only a trial
    but now you threaten with it?

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    All the nations will come before the judgement seat of the Son of Man.
    They are divided into sheep and goats.
    Seems they are one or the other.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    No man is righteous.
    Psalm 143:2
    And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.

The sinner shall be judged.
    Psalm 1:5
    Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

We need the cloak of righteousness of the Son of God.
    We must repent and be reborn into him of water and the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Why must men repent?
    Because judgement is coming.
    The warning is given that the tolerance of God is limited.

Acts 17
    30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Satan is judged and now for men it is according to their response to the gospel of Jesus Christ and his God.

Jn16
    7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……We should repent (Not because Judgment is coming) but because we need to change the way we live so we can better enjoy life, repentant is given to us from a loving God to Correct our wrong understandings and to bless us with a more abundant life, Jesus said I have come that they might have life and life more abundant life. FEAR has nothing to do with it. Fear has torment, thats not what repentance is about. NOTHING IS PERFECTED IN FEAR. Repentance is one of the most precious thing anyone can recieve into there life. It is a gift from GOD HIMSELF. God reveals truth into our minds and that causes us to repent its a work of GOD. Not man least any boast.

Love and peace ………………gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Isaiah 30:15
    This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

Mark 1:4
    And so John came, baptizing in the desert region and preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Luke 5:32
    I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Acts 11:18
    When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, “So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life.”

and one of my favorites on this topic…

Romans 2:3-5
    3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?

5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

2 Corinthians 7:10
    Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Hebrews 6:1
    Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,

2 Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

REPENTANCE keeps us from death..simple as that

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…….Amen brother, repentance is the greatest gift GOD can give a man, we must all repent if we want to truly enjoy life. Repentance is what corrects our behaviors and gives us peace and establishes a right relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus. DK remember it's (GODLY SORROW) that leads to repentance (NOT) mans own sorrow, But GOD (CAUSED SORROW). That causes repentance, it comes not from the self but from GOD Himself. Good post brother.

LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU AND YOURS……………….gene

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 04 2008,02:42)
    Nick……We should repent (Not because Judgment is coming) but because we need to change the way we live so we can better enjoy life

Really?

I do not see that written anywhere. I don't see the pattern of it either. What was the life of “the pattern son” like?

Isa 53:3
    3 He was despised and rejected by men,
    a man of sorrows , and familiar with suffering.
    NIV

Heb 2:10
    God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering
    NIV

What about us? Is a servant above his master?

Matt 10:22-23
    2 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
    NIV

We've got to stand firm… that must mean that there will be some resistance. This is the life of a believer— to the end.

Luke 14:26-27
    26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters — yes, even his own life — he cannot be my disciple. 27 And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.
    NIV

You have to hate your life. Meaning, anything that would keep you from Him. We are not here to “enjoy life” and live our “best life now.” This is a test run, a trial period. It is here and now that we make decisions that will last for an eternity. If you won't repent, serve, and submit to Him here, what makes you think that you will in Heaven?

We repent because our sin separates us from God. Eternal life is to know Him (jn 17:3); to have a personal relationship with Him. We repent out of love because we want to spend eternity with Him. If we do not repent, we are telling Him that we love our sin more than Him and we will be eternally separated from Him. What groom wants a bride who doesn't want him?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shaina…….The subject was about repentance and how we recieve it, not how we view the evil we have all done . To prove the point look at the time the people repented of Killing Jesus , that only happened after the HOLY SPIRIT was poured out on the people, they became convicted of their error and said” men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of GOD”. They were not saying that before the HOLY SPIRIT came. TRUE Repentance is given by God, it is not a self work but a work of God . No one truly repents on their own they may have worldly sorrow , but that is not Godly Sorrow. imo

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Where is the verse you speak of and is your representation of it accurate?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Is this the scripture?
    Acts 2
    34For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

No mention of the Holy Spirit being poured out on the listeners but the Word of God was preached and their hearts were pricked and then they were told to repent.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..Joel said God would Pour out His spirit upon (ALL) Flesh and that Happened the day of Pentecost , Peter even said it had Happened, How do you think the people Heard them speak in their own language , the HOLY SPIRIT was interpreting it to them, And as a result they were (CONVICTED) in there Hearts of Killing Christ. So they had already repented of it , when they said men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of GOD, The HOLY SPIRIT CONVICTED THEM OF IT> It also plainly said (GOD) added three trousand to the church that day, Nick they would have never repented without the HOLY SPIRIT causing it to happen, you surely know that right. They did not repent on their own Nick.

love and peace to you and yours Nick………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    No the promise of Joel has yet to be fully shown being shown in type only at Pentecost.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account