Judgements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You may muse about other deaths but the simple fact and the simple explanation of this verse is that for all men death is part of natural life. We all die except those yet alive at the return of the king.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Accountability.
    Go is fair but knows the hearts and deeds of men.
    All who are not in Christ will be hoping for mercy in the judgement but it is specified as limited.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Nick My Husband thinks that all will have a chance after Satan has been put away, to make up their minds if they want to follow God or not. There will be no confusion like right now, only the truth will be taught by Christ and His elect. Satan then will be loosed and will test them. Then if the fail that's it.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi IM4,
    Is that his opinion?
    I do not see any support for it yet in scripture.
    When Satan is put away is the time of the millenial reign and the first resurrection as Rev 20 shows.
    Only those in Christ will be raised at this time in the first resurrection to face the tribunal of Christ and to be kings and priests. They have already passed from death to life.
    The rest are raised 1000 years later.

NickHassan
    Participant

For RD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The works judgement of Mt 25 is not for those already in Christ who have already passed over from death to life. It is a blessing of mercy for those raised at the end of the 1000 year reign who were not in Christ by following the way but found in him by God according to the love they showed God's brothers.

NickHassan
    Participant

For94

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 01 2008,08:41)
    Hi,
    The works judgement of Mt 25 is not for those already in Christ who have already passed over from death to life. It is a blessing of mercy for those raised at the end of the 1000 year reign who were not in Christ by following the way but found in him by God according to the love they showed God's brothers.

Hi Nick:

Thanks for bringing up this thread for me, but I believe that this is your opinion. Do you have a scripture which states this?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Jan. 07 2008,07:03)
    Nick My Husband thinks that all will have a chance after Satan has been put away, to make up their minds if they want to follow God or not. There will be no confusion like right now, only the truth will be taught by Christ and His elect. Satan then will be loosed and will test them. Then if the fail that's it.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

I agree with your husband

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    A fine thought but our choices seem to end at death.
    Those in the second resurrection seem to awake to judgement.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……right again.

peace……….gene

Hanoch
    Participant

Sheep and goats is talking about the first resurrection: for I was hungry and you fed Me… when did we feed you?… as much as you have done it to the least of these My brethren, you have done it unto Me… And these shall enter into the Kingdom of their Father prepared for them from the foundation of the earth.”
    Jesus never spoke about anything beyond this age (except Revelation, if it is real).
    When His disciples asked Him about “the end” it ended with the catching away of the elect by the angels. Matt 24:30.
    At the end of the next age, there will be another judgment… to be honest, I haven't studied about that judgment… but it seems to include at least the people who'd died during the Millenium, whose bodies are “given up”, and whoever's name is not found written in the book of life, meaning there will be some, will be thrown into the lake of fire.
    If everyone were to be thrown in the lake of fire, it would've said as much – and not spoken of any book of life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Hanoch,
    Salvation in the way of Christ is not about works.
    We are utterly reliant on the works of Jesus.
    Mt 25 as quoted is about WORKS.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,15:58)
    Hi DK,

Valid thoughts…but i disagree

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….judgement is the best thing that could happen to us. When God gives judgement to people they change, “for judgement shall be (GIVEN) to the Saint's of the MOST HIGH”> The problem is, many look at judgement as condemnation and damnation when in fact it is not.
    It whats need to deliver a person from wrong thinking its a major step toward salvation.

IMO……gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 21 2008,04:41)
    Nick…….judgement is the best thing that could happen to us. When God gives judgement to people they change, “for judgement shall be (GIVEN) to the Saint's of the MOST HIGH”> The problem  is, many look at judgement as condemnation and damnation when in fact it is not.
    It whats need to deliver a person from wrong thinking its a major step toward salvation.

IMO……gene

Gene..I'm sorry but you are incorrect…judgement is not what GOD uses to deliver and correct people…DISCIPLINE IS..Judgement..especially in the sense used most frequenty in the bible..is for either condemnation or exoneration..

Proverbs 3:12.. 12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
    as a father [a] the son he delights in.

2 Timothy 1:7…7For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Hebrews 12:5-8 ….5But you have forgotten that the Scriptures say to God's children, “When the Lord punishes you,

don't make light of it,

and when he corrects you,

don't be discouraged.

6The Lord corrects the people

he loves

and disciplines those

he calls his own.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ July 21 2008,01:55)

Hi DK,

Hi DK,
    So where do you see written in scripture that men have a second chance after death to repent? Even the rich man in Hades knew that his options were finished and so he sought further warnings be given to his brothers while they lived. Lk16
    25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 21 2008,06:41)

Quote (dirtyknections @ July 21 2008,01:55)

Hi DK,

Hi DK,
    So where do you see written in scripture that men have a second chance after death to repent? Even the rich man in Hades knew that his options were finished and so he sought further warnings be given to his brothers while they lived.  Lk16
    25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

God is not going to raise those in the second resurrection just to judge them on what they did while they were alive…

Remember “the wages sin pays is death”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    What does scripture say?

Hebrews 9:27
    And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

All men except those alive at the return of Jesus suffer the first death because the flesh is condemned.
    Romans 8:3
    For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,

The price has been paid by Jesus for those safe in him.

Now those who reject that message and do not overcome and who cannot find the mercy of God
    also face the fire prepared for the devil and his angels-the second death.

Revelation 2:11
    ' He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 266 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account