John 8:25

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Oops, you weren't online when I started editing. What are you answering “church” to?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 21 2011,21:41)
    That statement sounds rather blasphemous if Jesus were not deity…He gives life to the world…

God granted Jesus to have life in him. God granted it also to Jesus' disciples.

John 6:57
    Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Jesus is not the original source of the life, but a recipient like the rest of us.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 22 2011,21:30)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 21 2011,20:17)
    So, there you have the God, the Church, and the Bible…all compound unities made up of separate persons or congregations or books.

Kathi,

God is a PERSON, not a government made up of people.  Can you name another compound unity that is actually a SINGULAR PERSON

Mike,
    I'm not saying that Jehovah, in the fullest sense, is one person; but a name for the unity that has two persons.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

This life that Jesus speaks of was the life of the flesh. The Son was certainly alive before He was incarnated and that life was without beginning.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

The people that Jesus was telling to “feed on him” were already alive in the flesh. The “life” he was talking about was eternal life, which his own God granted him to have in him.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Just as the living Father sent me (aorist tense) and I live (present tense) because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live (future tense) because of me.

Jesus is talking about His present life…His present life as the man. The present man that He is, is alive because of the Father. The live that people get is eternal life, that is true, but it is because of His present life as the man. That life of His flesh is what He is talking about that is due to the Father.

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Kathie:
               You said; ' This life that Jesus speaks of was the life of the flesh.  The Son was certainly alive before He was incarnated and that life was without beginning.'

Do you mean that you believe in reincarnation ? ,
                            or from spirit to flesh then flesh back to spirit ?
                                or Christ to Jesus then Jesus to Christ ?
                                       or all three ?      
                              :O               ???                :D

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Mike :
              You said ;

Jesus is not the original source of the life, but a recipient like the rest of us.

The “life” he was talking about was eternal life, which his own God granted him to have in him.

If I may take it to the next step, Yes, Christ, the annointed one of God was called unto eternal life by his faith & works. When Christ was born in the flesh He was named Jesus as we all know , His faith and works on earth was fulfilled, in obedience and passion just as His Father has for the lost. His Father sent Christ to fulfill all in all, by the flesh for the flesh that the soul might be saved  ( their spirit) ( soul ) .
    I pray I wrote it plainly. if not feel free to correct me. :O :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2011,22:46)
    Mike,
    Just as the living Father sent me (aorist tense) and I live (present tense) because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live (future tense) because of me.

Jesus is talking about His present life…His present life as the man.  The present man that He is, is alive because of the Father.  The live that people get is eternal life, that is true, but it is because of His present life as the man.  That life of His flesh is what He is talking about that is due to the Father.

Did Jesus die before the time he said the words in John 6:57, Kathi?

If Jesus didn't actually DIE before he became flesh, then his present life (at the time of 6:57) represented not only his life as a human, but the one that preceded it as a spirit being.

Had he said these words after he was raised, then you would have a point that Jesus could have been referring only to his life AFTER his death. In that scenario, he could have been saying that he lives AGAIN because of the Father.

But since Jesus didn't DIE before becoming flesh, and because he makes no mention about living “only this human life” because of the Father, a rational person would have to conclude that the ENTIRE life Jesus lived up until the point he died was “because of the Father”, not just his life as a human being.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Happyman,

I concur. Except I wouldn't have given the (spirit) choice. All bodies die and decay, and all spirit goes back to Him who gave it. IMO, it has to be the souls that might be saved because of the works of Jesus, and the only true God who sent him. :)

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Mike :
    I concur, ty .

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Sep. 23 2011,13:05)
    Hi Kathie:
               You said; ' This life that Jesus speaks of was the life of the flesh.  The Son was certainly alive before He was incarnated and that life was without beginning.'

Do you mean that you believe in reincarnation ? ,
                            or from spirit to flesh then flesh back to spirit ?
                                or Christ to Jesus then Jesus to Christ ?
                                       or all three ?      
                              :O               ???                :D

Happyman,
    He always was alive as the Theos within the Father and then was begotten from the Father before creation to be the only begotten God. Much later, the Father sent His Son into the body of flesh to give His humanity life, then the humanity of the Son died while the divine Spirit of the Son continued on and after three days, the body of flesh was raised and glorified and reunited with the divine Spirit of the Son once again, and continues to this day.

The Son as the divine Spirit Theos who was with the Father in the beginning, never died but the flesh He was made to 'wear' did die and that is a main reason He had to take on that flesh because otherwise, He could not have died.

No reincarnation, just change of body type and addition of human nature to divine nature.

I hope that is clearly stated and that you can grasp my thoughts on the matter.

God bless,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 23 2011,15:38)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2011,22:46)
    Mike,

Jesus is talking about His present life…His present life as the man.  The present man that He is, is alive because of the Father.  The live that people get is eternal life, that is true, but it is because of His present life as the man.  That life of His flesh is what He is talking about that is due to the Father.

Did Jesus die before the time he said the words in John 6:57, Kathi?

If Jesus didn't actually DIE before he became flesh, then his present life (at the time of 6:57) represented not only his life as a human, but the one that preceded it as a spirit being.

Had he said these words after he was raised, then you would have a point that Jesus could have been referring only to his life AFTER his death.  In that scenario, he could have been saying that he lives AGAIN because of the Father.

But since Jesus didn't DIE before becoming flesh, and because he makes no mention about living “only this human life” because of the Father, a rational person would have to conclude that the ENTIRE life Jesus lived up until the point he died was “because of the Father”, not just his life as a human being.

peace,
    mike

Mike,
    Did the Son of David live before the flesh?…No would be the correct answer.
    Did the Son of God live before the flesh?…Yes would be the correct answer.

Was the Son of God sent by the FATHER to indwell the flesh and give the Son of David life?…Yes, therefore, the son of David lives because of the Father. That is how I understand it.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

But the son of David who had a three year ministry on earth IS the Son of God who existed alongside God with glory of his own before the earth was even created. It is that ONE person who said “I live because of the Father”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 22 2011,20:28)

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 21 2011,19:42)
    John 16:15
    “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Kathi

Kathi,

Who GAVE those things to Jesus?

Bump for Kathi – to get this thread back on topic

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All ,
    I would like to share this site http://www.lillyofthevalleyva.com/jesuslovesyou-whogodis.html
    and I hope everyone receives a blessing.
    :;): :D

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Kathi ,
    Who is the Spirit of Theos . I look up the name and found the book of Eph. Paul speaking about the body of the church. I could guess on what you mean, but I rather not and just ask the question.
    ???

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ Sep. 26 2011,14:12)
    Hi All ,
            I would like to share this site http://www.lillyofthevalleyva.com/jesuslovesyou-whogodis.html

Hi, Do you really believe in a Trinity?  Just so you know, I don't… The trinity is a man made doctrine and not of God…. It was
    Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian who in the third century came up with it,,,, And it was Constantine who made it law….
    Here are some Scriptures that proof it wrong to me

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

And by Jesus own words, He said this

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

Now Gods Holy Spirit is not the third person of the trinity… it is Gods Holy Spirit, it is of God….

Consider this,,,, if the Holy Spirit is a person, then the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus…. but we know that is not true….

Here are some Scrip0tures that show it is the Spirit of Almighty God and not a person..

1Jo 4:2   Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:  

The Spirit of God

Gen 1:2   And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The Spirit of God

Gen 6:3   And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.  

My Spirit

Job 33:4   The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.  

The Spirit of God…

There are many moe Scriptures like that, but you an see what I mean….

Coming out of the Catholic Church, I used to even teach our four Children that doctrine…. it was not easy to come out of that system, but today I am so glad we did…
    Peace and Love Irene

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Irene :
               If that is so ?????   my my my, we are in trouble. But that is what you believe and the bible then would not be true because of a man named
    Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian . Sorry , I'll stick to what I believe .
    What is most importantly is that we all do our best to make it to heaven, then Christ shall set us all straight.  I love everyone who seeks the truth. I use the king james bible only and commentaries and strong's, and this web site. So I'm learning from you and Kathi and every member. Look up a man named Mnason in Acts and see that he wouldn't change with the flow neither.
         With love and respect to all
    :O     :)    :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thehappyman @ Sep. 25 2011,21:12)
    Hi All ,

Hey Ty,

If you agree with this site as to who God is, then maybe you could tell me who the SON OF God is?

(That was the most upbeat rendition of “Our God is an Awesome God” that I've ever heard! I was jammin' while readin'! :D )

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 228 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account