John 6:57

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,20:44)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,19:31)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,08:57)
    Pierre,
    Do the scriptures say that the fleshly body always lived?  If not, then it was given life at some point.

Kathi

Kathi

did you heard that the soul that sins is the one that dies ?

so the soul that not sins will live ,

as simple as that

Pierre

Pierre,
    I asked you if the flesh body that was prepared for the Son always existed.  If not, then it didn't always have life and needed to be given life.

Your comment did not seem to address this.

Kathi

Kathi

no you did not ,you have changed your question.

the body that Christ ad received only came to live in Mary body,

and died on the cross/stake

so it was only used for a while like 33 years
    but the soul /spirit of Christ live on from the time God his father create it and still lives in heaven

pierre

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,20:42)
    Mike, I don't know what you mean when you say it seems that His whole being said this.

Then go back to my first response to you on this thread, and actually ANSWER the four questions I asked.

Then you will know what I mean. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,20:42)
    His flesh body was from heaven because His Father prepared a body for Him.

Guess again. His body was prepared inside of the womb of Mary……………right here on earth. God did not send a body from heaven that Jesus then climbed into.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,

The first Adam's body was from the earth, 'earthy,' the second Adam was not.

47The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.

God in heaven prepared His body within Mary after the Holy Spirit from heaven conceived the body within her. The second 'man' is from heaven.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,21:15)
    Mike,

The first Adam's body was from the earth, 'earthy,' the second Adam was not.

God in heaven prepared His body within Mary after the Holy Spirit from heaven conceived the body within her.  The second 'man' is from heaven.

Kathi

Kathi

you are a good skater ,you selling our quotes back to us ,

I mean mike and me ,Kathi ,their is no way that you will be able to sell your junk way of thinking to us ,

you know why ?

because we both love Gods truth more than our own lives ,

what I am sure you do not

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,21:15)
    God in heaven prepared His body within Mary after the Holy Spirit from heaven conceived the body within her

Well, unless you know of a scripture that says Mary went up to heaven before the birth of Jesus, then that BODY was prepared, as you said, “within Mary”, who never stepped one foot off of the earth.

For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

Kathi, does this scripture say the bread of God is THE BODY OF HIM who comes down…………..? Or is the HIM WHO COMES DOWN the actual bread of God?

Just answer what the words of the scripture say please.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Kathi, try using “my flesh body” in place of every underlined pronoun there.  If YOUR theory is correct, then the passage should work equally well with those words replacing the pronouns, right?

But……………….if the passage DOESN'T work out so well with the swapped words, then will you admit that it is the BEING Jesus who is speaking about the BEING Jesus here? And that it is the BEING Jesus who lives BECAUSE OF THE FATHER? :)

mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    The bread of God is the 'man' from heaven.  

In the above post add 'the man from heaven' and it goes like this:

35 Then Jesus declared, “I the man from heaven, am the bread of life. He who comes to me, the man from heaven, will never go hungry, and he who believes in me, the man from heaven, will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me, the man from heaven, and still you do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me, the man from heaven, will come to me, the man from heaven, and whoever comes to me I, the man from heaven, will never drive away. 38 For I , the man from heaven, have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent methe man from heaven, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me,the man from heaven, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in himthe man from heaven, shall have eternal life, and Ithe man from heaven, will raise him up at the last day.”

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2011,13:16)
    Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

What does this mean?  There is truly only one name under heaven through which we can gain everlasting life.  So I accept that I may someday live BECAUSE OF Jesus Christ.  It is he who has been granted by his own God to give life to me.

But who is it that gave life to him?

Mike,

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Add, 'the man from heaven' and you have this:

Just as the living Father sent me, the man from heaven, and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,22:20)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 21 2011,13:16)

What does this mean?  There is truly only one name under heaven through which we can gain everlasting life.  So I accept that I may someday live BECAUSE OF Jesus Christ.  It is he who has been granted by his own God to give life to me.

But who is it that gave life to him?

Mike,

Just as the living Father sent me, the man from heaven, and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Kathi

Kathi

the second man is from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so are those who are of the dust; and as is the man of heaven, so are those who are of heaven. 49 Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we will also bear the image of the man of heaven.

1Co 15:50 What I am saying, brothers and sisters, is this: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For this perishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled:
    “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
    1Co 15:55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
    Where, O death, is your sting?”
    1Co 15:56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

what is the man of heaven ? is he flesh or spirit ?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,

The man from heaven is a man. Men are flesh. This particular 'man' has an incarnated nature of both the pre-existent Son and the man from heaven. Two natures, two roles…one in the purpose-to glorify the Father.

kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,22:15)
    40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in himthe man from heaven, shall have eternal life, and Ithe man from heaven, will raise him up at the last day.”

Guess what Kathi?  NEVER does scripture EVER imply, hint at, or say that Jesus ever existed with TWO NATURES.  This is only in your mind, girl.

But, just to play along so you can see for yourself how your doctrine doesn't work:

1.  Is it “the man from heaven” who will raise them up on the last day?  (Verse 40)

2.  Did the “spirit Jesus” remain in heaven while the “man Jesus” was on earth?

3.  How did “the man from heaven” become a man while still in heaven…………BEFORE he was born of a human being on earth?

4.  Was it not the Word who was with God and WAS God that BECAME flesh and dwelled among us?  Or were all things created by “the man from heaven”?

Because whichever Jesus was the Word is the Jesus who became flesh and dwelled among us.  And it is THAT Jesus who said he lives only because of God.

I've got more if you can fumble your way through these ones.

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,22:59)
    Pierre,

The man from heaven is a man.  Men are flesh.   This particular 'man' has an incarnated nature of both the pre-existent Son and the man from heaven.  Two natures, two roles…one in the purpose-to glorify the Father.

kathi

Kathi

NO,NO their is no scripture to support your invention,

the quote in scripture that says “the man from heaven ” is an allegory by Paul

and man are two fold flesh and spirit but the true man are spirit ,

this is Christ gospel

you are dreaming,with your new Kathi's gospel

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,22:20)
    Mike,

Kathi

Now let's try it the real way:

Just as the living Father sent me, the Word through whom the whole universe was created, and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    The intended way:

He is the 'man from heaven' because the Holy Spirit supernaturally conceived Him in Mary.  An earthly man did not conceive Him.

I have already shown you that it is the flesh body of Jesus that is our 'bread.'  It is because of what the flesh body did that we can live.  Of course, the flesh body couldn't have done that if God as the pre-existent Son, the Lord of lords, did not dwell in it…Emmanuel…God with us.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2011,00:03)

Pierre,

The man from heaven is a man.  Men are flesh.   This particular 'man' has an incarnated nature of both the pre-existent Son and the man from heaven.  Two natures, two roles…one in the purpose-to glorify the Father.

kathi

Kathi

this is Christ gospel

you are dreaming,with your new Kathi's  gospel

Pierre

He was conceived supernaturally by the Holy Spirit, was He not? He was NOT conceived naturally by the act of man. He was not the man from the earth but the man from heaven.

This is not allegorical but fact according to scripture.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 23 2011,00:03)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,22:15)
    40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in himthe man from heaven, shall have eternal life, and Ithe man from heaven, will raise him up at the last day.”

Guess what Kathi?  NEVER does scripture EVER imply, hint at, or say that Jesus ever existed with TWO NATURES.  This is only in your mind, girl.

But, just to play along so you can see for yourself how your doctrine doesn't work:

1.  Is it “the man from heaven” who will raise them up on the last day?  (Verse 40)

2.  Did the “spirit Jesus” remain in heaven while the “man Jesus” was on earth?

3.  How did “the man from heaven” become a man while still in heaven…………BEFORE he was born of a human being on earth?

4.  Was it not the Word who was with God and WAS God that BECAME flesh and dwelled among us?  Or were all things created by “the man from heaven”?

Because whichever Jesus was the Word is the Jesus who became flesh and dwelled among us.  And it is THAT Jesus who said he lives only because of God.

I've got more if you can fumble your way through these ones.

mike

Mike,

Your questions:

1. Is it “the man from heaven” who will raise them up on the last day? (Verse 40)

Yes.

2. Did the “spirit Jesus” remain in heaven while the “man Jesus” was on earth?

Let me rephrase that…Did the pre-existent Son remain in heaven while the 'man from heaven' was on earth? No as far as I know since Jesus said that He was going to return to the Father.

3. How did “the man from heaven” become a man while still in heaven…………BEFORE he was born of a human being on earth?

He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and not by an earthy man, thus, the 'man FROM heaven.'

4. Was it not the Word who was with God and WAS God that BECAME flesh and dwelled among us? Or were all things created by “the man from heaven”?

Wow Mike, you almost said it…
    you said:
    'Or were all things created by “the man from heaven”?

Do you now agree that all things were created by 'the Word?'

All things were created by the Word who was the pre-existent Son, creator was not role of the 'man from heaven.' Creator was the role of the pre-existent Son. Jesus was both, the pre-existent Son and the 'man from heaven.'

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,23:18)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 23 2011,00:03)

Pierre,

kathi

Kathi

this is Christ gospel

you are dreaming,with your new Kathi's  gospel

Pierre

He was conceived supernaturally by the Holy Spirit, was He not?  He was NOT conceived naturally by the act of man.  He was not the man from the earth but the man from heaven.  

Kathi

Kathi

Pierre

Pierre

He was conceived supernaturally by the Holy Spirit, was He not?  He was NOT conceived naturally by the act of man.  He was not the man from the earth but the man from heaven.  

[/QUOTE]

Yes he was conceived by Gods power but this does not make him a man ,his flesh is from earth but the soul was Christ the only begotten son of God, he had the appearance of men but he was and still is the only begotten son of God his father ,

you can do whatever this will never change

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Why do you deny this scripture here:

But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit of God CAN MAKE A MAN Pierre. He made Adam even without conception. The Holy Spirit, btw, is much more than God's power…the Holy Spirit is the very spirit of God.

If you do not want to change, it is between you and God.

I hope to always choose to change when truth stares me in the face if I have not believed it in the past.
    Kathi

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,15:26)
    The Father gave the flesh body life, not the pre-existent person who always existed.  The flesh body didn't always exist, the pre-existent person did.

Kathi,

You are correct because Jesus goes on to say that it is His flesh and blood that is the bread through which we receive life. He was not saying that His preexistent or eternal  self lives by the Father but the fleshly part of Himself.

Jack

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account