John 6:57

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

What does this mean?  There is truly only one name under heaven through which we can gain everlasting life.  So I accept that I may someday live BECAUSE OF Jesus Christ.  It is he who has been granted by his own God to give life to me.

But who is it that gave life to him?

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 22 2011,05:16)
    Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

What does this mean?  There is truly only one name under heaven through which we can gain everlasting life.  So I accept that I may someday live BECAUSE OF Jesus Christ.  It is he who has been granted by his own God to give life to me.

But who is it that gave life to him?

Mike! Through Jesus we are saved… a gift from God…

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
    God is a creator and He creates. Jesus is the firstborn of all creation Rev. 3:14 and Col. 1:15

Then through Jesus God created all… Jhn 1:3 and Col 1:16…

Also in Proverbs it says

Pro 8:22 ¶ The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Pro 8:23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Pro 8:24 When [there were] no depths, I was brought forth; when [there were] no fountains abounding with water.

Pro 8:25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

Pro 8:30 Then I was by him, [as] a master craftsman: and I was daily [his] delight, rejoicing always before him;

Some think this is wisdom, yet it is in Jesus who was beside His Father as a master craftsman….

Jesus is not just a mere man, but the Son of God and the Son of man…He came forth from Almighty God….

Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Irene,

Thanks for the scriptures, but the answer I was looking for from the “Jesus is God” crowd is clearly listed as “THE FATHER” in the verse I quoted.

This is what I want THEM to read and acknowledge.

peace,
    mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Never noticed that one before.

Exposes the co-equal all are God philosophy as do many other scriptures.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Never noticed that one before.

Exposes the co-equal and three are God philosophy, as do many other scriptures.

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi ,
    I don't know where you got that verse at , my bible says something a little different, “As the living Father hath sent me , and I live by the Father : So he that eateth me , even he shall live by me “' Verse 58 is a must to finish the statement ; saying ' This is that bread which came down from heaven:
    not as your fathers did eat manna and are now dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live forever.'
    Now our Heavenly Father God sent manna first then He sent His Son Jesus inwhich is the bread of life. Also includes the resurrection power of Christ Jesus over death. One, Father God , One, Holy Spirit, One, Son of our Father God , Jesus the Christ. ( IF ) Jesus is our Father then the bible would have misled many people , even me. But i know better. The prayer in matt 6:9 convinced me when he use the word OUR.
    :) grace to all

Lightenup
    Participant

The Father gave the flesh body life, not the pre-existent person who always existed. The flesh body didn't always exist, the pre-existent person did.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,22:26)
    The Father gave the flesh body life, not the pre-existent person who always existed.  The flesh body didn't always exist, the pre-existent person did.

Kathi

that is hard to believe ,scriptures do not agree with what you say

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Do the scriptures say that the fleshly body always lived? If not, then it was given life at some point.

Kathi

thehappyman
    Participant

Yes , Jesus was created in heaven , then was given life in the flesh by His Father God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Happyman,
    Jesus was begotten before creation, He was not created. You are right that His flesh was given life by His Father…it was when His body was conceived in the womb of Mary.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thehappyman @ Aug. 21 2011,22:17)

Hi ,  
    I don't know where you got that verse at , my bible says something a little different, “As the living Father hath sent me , and I live by the Father”

Hi HM,

I quoted the NIV translation.  But it is the same in all of these:

NET ©
    Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so the one who consumes me will live because of me.

NASB ©
    “As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me.

MSG ©
    In the same way that the fully alive Father sent me here and I live because of him, so the one who makes a meal of me lives because of me.

BBE ©
    As the living Father has sent me, and I have life because of the Father, even so he who takes me for his food will have life because of me.

NRSV ©
    Just as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever eats me will live because of me.

NKJV ©
    “As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me.

( IF ) Jesus is our Father then the bible would have misled many people , even me. But i know better. The prayer in matt 6:9 convinced me when he use the word OUR.

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that I was claiming the Son IS the Father, but I agree with you that he definitely is NOT.  :)

Yes , Jesus was created in heaven , then was given life in the flesh by His Father God.

You are correct.  And that was the point of this thread.  I was showing yet another scripture that shows that only the Father is God Almighty, and his Son lives ONLY because OF “my God and your God”.  (John 20:17)

Thanks for the responses,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 21 2011,22:26)
    The Father gave the flesh body life, not the pre-existent person who always existed.  

Hi Kathi,

How do you know this?  It seems to me that the entire BEING of Jesus said these words, not just his flesh body.  And the BEING of Jesus didn't say, “MY FLESH BODY LIVES because of the Father”, right?  

Was Jesus' FLESH BODY the bread that CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN?

33 For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

If it was the BEING of Jesus who came down from heaven, then it is also the BEING of Jesus who said he lives because of the Father. Do you agree Kathi?

peace,
    mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    The context talks about 'eating' Him and that refers to His flesh body.
    NASB ©
    “As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also will live because of Me.

1 Cor 11:24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

Kathi

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,10:56)
    Mike,
    NASB ©

1 Cor 11:24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” 25In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” 26For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.

Kathi

Kathi! Do you really think that you have to eat, and live….His blood and body??? Now you are talking Catholicism…they believe that the bread and wine is the literal flesh and blood of Jesus… that is an abomination….Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,08:57)
    Pierre,
    Do the scriptures say that the fleshly body always lived?  If not, then it was given life at some point.

Kathi

Kathi

did you heard that the soul that sins is the one that dies ?

so the soul that not sins will live ,

as simple as that

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,17:56)
    Mike,

Hi Kathi,

Eating his body and blood is not a literal thing, is it?  Where do I go about finding the crucified body of Jesus to take a bite?

Would you please DIRECTLY address my four questions?  Or at least one of them for now?

peace,
    mike

Pastry
    Participant

Hey Mike! Don't you know that the Catholic Church scarifies Jesus each time they say the Mass. And then the transform the bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus, and call it Communion….
    It is an abomination to God……. Peace Irene

Lightenup
    Participant

No Irene and Mike,
    Eating His body is not literal, it is symbolic. Jesus compares His body as our bread. His flesh body was from heaven because His Father prepared a body for Him. It is clear that we are to 'eat' His flesh body in a figurative way and that goes along with your topic verse. Mike, I don't know what you mean when you say it seems that His whole being said this. He is just one being and He sometimes speaks according to the different roles of the different natures that He is incarnated into.

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 22 2011,19:31)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 23 2011,08:57)
    Pierre,
    Do the scriptures say that the fleshly body always lived?  If not, then it was given life at some point.

Kathi

Kathi

did you heard that the soul that sins is the one that dies ?

so the soul that not sins will live ,

as simple as that

Pierre

Pierre,
    I asked you if the flesh body that was prepared for the Son always existed. If not, then it didn't always have life and needed to be given life.

Your comment did not seem to address this.

Kathi

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account