John 1:1-18

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

To All,
    This is an interpretation of John 1:1-18 based on the New International Version of Scripture I would like to hear tested according to godly principles.

In the following interpretation Emanuel = God with us.

1 In the beginning was the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of God was with God, and the Spirit of God was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was God of all mankind. 5 Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning the Emanuel, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the Emanuel; he came only as a witness to the Emanuel. 9 The true Emanuel that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Spirit of God married flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his (The Spirit of God married to flesh’s) glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.  15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (The Spirit of God married to flesh). 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Related scriptures are Isaiah 40, Isaiah 42:1-17, and Genesis 28:10-22.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

what NIV version do you have???

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
    Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
    Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
    Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
    Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
    Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
    Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
    Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
    Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
    Jn 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
    Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
    Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”
    Jn 1:16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
    Jn 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
    Jn 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

look your verse 14 and compere with mine

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

What I wrote is not the New International Version version of John 1:1-18 but rather one way I currently understand those verses based on the NIV. I am hoping that someone will either provide other scriptures that show my understanding is correct or that it is wrong. I can also show how I reached this understanding.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 22 2010,22:26)
    Pierre,

What I wrote is not the New International Version version of John 1:1-18 but rather one way I currently understand those verses based on the NIV.  I am hoping that someone will either provide other scriptures that show my understanding is correct or that it is wrong.   I can also show how I reached this understanding.

kerwin

in this i am ,not interested ,because you are starting to rewrite the scriptures,
    soon you will offer me the NEW KERWIN TRANSLATION, no thank you.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

An interpretation is not a rewriting. It is just an understanding of what is written. I am hopping to test that understanding to see if it comes from God or not. This is what we are taught to do as it is testing the Spirit. It is also a way of learning.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 21 2010,18:00)
    To All,
    This is an interpretation of John 1:1-18 based on the New International Version of Scripture I would like to hear tested according to godly principles.

1 In the beginning was the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of God was with God, and the Spirit of God was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was God of all mankind. 5 Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning the Emanuel, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the Emanuel; he came only as a witness to the Emanuel. 9 The true Emanuel that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14 The Spirit of God married flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his (The Spirit of God married to flesh’s) glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.  15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (The Spirit of God married to flesh). 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Kerwin: Bless you; This is a beautiful interpretation of one of the greatest sets of verses in the gospels.

It is exceptionally powerful when in v6 it switches from God to Emanuel (God with us). I believe Jesus was God with us. God was/is in Jesus as the spirit/words or Christ.

All, everyone, whosoever will believe, …he gave the right to become children of God….not born of flesh and blood but born of the spirit words of Jesus.

The spirit of God, the bride of Christ, married Jesus (the bridegroom) and dwelt among us. We see God by seeing the glory of Jesus full of grace and truth.

The law was given to Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Powerful scriptures of the union/marriage of God/Jesus and mankind. All ONE! That was a blessed post, IMO TK

We accept the words of Jesus deep within(the union of God and man) we become one in marriage.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Dec. 22 2010,20:31)

To All,

Kerwin: Bless you; This is a beautiful interpretation of one of the greatest sets of verses in the gospels.

It is exceptionally powerful when in v6 it switches from God to Emanuel (God with us). I believe Jesus was God with us. God was/is in Jesus as the spirit/words or Christ.

All, everyone, whosoever will believe, …he gave the right to become children of God….not born of flesh and blood but born of the spirit words of Jesus.

The spirit of God, the bride of Christ, married Jesus (the bridegroom) and dwelt among us. We see God by seeing the glory of Jesus full of grace and truth.

The law was given to Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Powerful scriptures of the union/marriage of God/Jesus and mankind. All ONE! That was a blessed post, IMO TK

We accept the words of Jesus deep within(the union of God and man) we become one in marriage.

Hi Tim,

God's Signature (Click Here)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
    YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)
    Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)
    HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)
    God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)

It's refreshing to see you Post “Bible Truth”(117)! Perhaps you're beginning to see: “Color”(63) equals “YHVH”(63)!

John 17:21-23 That they all may be one(in spirit); as thou, Father(HolySpirit), art in me(John 1:33-34),
    and I in thee(1Pt.1:11), that they also may be one in us(John 14:23)
    : that the world may believe that thou
    hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
    I in them, and thou in me
    , that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may
    know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

For Kerwin: Acts 13:2 As they(the early Church) ministered to “The LORD”(YHVH), and fasted,
    the HolySpirit said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Lets just completely rewrite the scriptures.

If John meant for John 1:1 to read “Holy Spirit” he would have written it that way, don't you think?

Whats funny is you do not even believe the “Holy Spirit” is God Kerwin, or do you?

WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 23 2010,04:04)
    Lets just completely rewrite the scriptures.

If John meant for John 1:1 to read “Holy Spirit” he would have written it that way, don't you think?

Whats funny is you do not even believe the “Holy Spirit” is God Kerwin, or do you?

WJ

Hi WJ,

John knew Jesus personally, if he
    meant Jesus instead of the “HolySpirit”,
    why would he not of said so; don't you think?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 23 2010,05:34)
    Hi WJ,

John knew Jesus personally, if he
    meant Jesus instead of the “HolySpirit”,
    why would he not of said so; don't you think?

Hi Ed,

John also called him “the Son of Man”, the “Son of God”, the “Lamb”, the “Word of God” and the “Lord of lords and King of Kings”………….among other things.

Why didn't John just say “Jesus” in all of these scriptures?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning the Emanuel, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the Emanuel; he came only as a witness to the Emanuel.

Hi Kerwin,

Where does the “Son of God” and the “Messiah of God” fit in?  John was sent to testify about the “Chosen one OF God”, right?  Was this Holy Spirit OF God, who was also God Himself also the “Son of God”?  Was this “Holy Spirit God” the one whom God anointed? Did God anoint Himself?  And if this Holy Spirit who was God Himself was the anointed one, then what was he anointed with?  Himself?

And you forget that the one John testified about later said he would send the Holy Spirit as a helper, so he could not have been that Holy Spirit that he said he would send later, could he?

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 23 2010,00:22)
    Pierre,

An interpretation is not a rewriting.  It is just an understanding of what is written.  I am hopping to test that understanding to see if it comes from God or not.   This is what we are taught to do as it is testing the Spirit.  It is also a way of learning.

Kerwin

if you start write it down it will be,your interpretation should be quoted as such ,but you did not and presented in a rewrite of the scriptures you are quoting.

you objective in this action is not truthful it is also deceitful,

I really do not like your presentation.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

I am sorry I confused you by using the format of the NIV to write down my current understanding of John 1. I thought that you and others would understand as I clearly wrote it was my interpretation based on the NIV scriptures. I understand you do not like an interpretation presented in that format but I felt it would be the best way to enumerate my current understanding and get it tested by others using scriptures. I do not see a better way to accomplish my purpose and testing the spirit of any belief is commanded of us by God.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike Boll,

The Messiah is the one predestined and anointed by God to be King of his entire kingdom. He is also called God is with us because God through the Holy Spirit lives within him and by adoption through the Anointed lives within us. Jesus is the Son of God because he is the one God chose to have the fullness of his Spirit reside in and it is only through the Son that we also receive the spirit of holiness. John did in fact testify of the coming of God among us and thus about the coming of Jesus who is the means God chose to accomplish that purpose.

Jesus tells us that the Father is in him through the Holy Spirit and he is in the Father through the same Holy Spirit to let us know what should be obvious by Jesus’ words and actions. That is that God uses Jesus’ body to perform his righteous actions and words and Jesus chooses to submit his will to God’s and so do all that is right.

It is also true that Jesus sent the Holy Spirit that was in him to his disciples after his death, resurrection, and ascension which is why he asked his Father and our Father that his students be one as he and the father are one, God and Jesus in us and us in God and Jesus. He already had the Holy Spirit which is why stated he was in the Father and the Father was in him in the very same prayer. Thus truly God is with us.

kerwin
    Participant

Worshipping Jesus,

I believe that the Holy Spirit is a facet of God that has characteristics of a person but is not a person.   That fits with the Spirit being with God and being God as well as with other scriptures.  In addition early in the story of creation we are told that the Spirit of God hovered over the waters.  

I cannot tell you for sure why John chose to use the symbolic words he did instead of speaking clearly.  It is my opinion that he did it to emphasize the part God had, through his powerful word; the fact Jesus embodied the very Word of God through the Spirit of God living in him.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2010,02:02)
    Pierre,

I am sorry I confused you by using the format of the NIV to write down my current understanding of John 1.  I thought that you and others would understand as I clearly wrote it was my interpretation based on the NIV scriptures.  I understand you do not like an interpretation  presented in that format but I felt it would be the best way to enumerate my current understanding and get it tested by others using scriptures.  I do not see a better way to accomplish my purpose and testing the spirit of any belief is commanded of us by God.

kerwin

you say God married to flesh ? were do you get those ideas??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2010,02:03)
    Mike Boll,

The Messiah is the one predestined and anointed by God to be King of his entire kingdom.  He is also called God is with us because God through the Holy Spirit lives within him and by adoption through the Anointed lives within us.  Jesus is the Son of God because he is the one God chose to have the fullness of his Spirit reside in and it is only through the Son that we also receive the spirit of holiness.   John did in fact testify of the coming of God among us and thus about the coming of Jesus who is the means God chose to accomplish that purpose.

Jesus tells us that the Father is in him through the Holy Spirit and he is in the Father through the same Holy Spirit to let us know what should be obvious by Jesus’ words and actions.   That is that God uses Jesus’ body to perform his righteous actions and words and Jesus chooses to submit his will to God’s and so do all that is right.

It is also true that Jesus sent the Holy Spirit that was in him to his disciples after his death, resurrection, and ascension which is why he asked his Father and our Father that his students be one as he and the father are one,  God and Jesus in us and us in God and Jesus.  He already had the Holy Spirit which is why stated he was in the Father and the Father was in him in the very same prayer.  Thus truly God is with us.

kerwin

you say;Thus truly God is with us. this could be no and yes

it is on your hearth that this depend.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2010,02:05)
    Worshipping Jesus,

I believe that the Holy Spirit is a facet of God that has characteristics of a person but is not a person.   That fits with the Spirit being with God and being God as well as with other scriptures.  In addition early in the story of creation we are told that the Spirit of God hovered over the waters.  

I cannot tell you for sure why John chose to use the symbolic words he did instead of speaking clearly.  It is my opinion that he did it to emphasize the part God had, through his powerful word; the fact Jesus embodied the very Word of God through the Spirit of God living in him.

kerwin

everyone has a spirit ,even angels and God,but the spirit of God is Holy ,the spirit is the will of God,but there are many wills that God has,God is love it has to be understood within that context

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

One possible translation of the Common Greek word translated to “make” is married.    I am not sure what similarities the people speaking Common Greek saw between the two.  

I agree that is depends on the desires of your soul if God is with you in Spirit.  I use soul because it is the basic essence of a person and because the Spirit changes both the heart and the mind.

I agree that God’s will for us to love one another is the one Jesus submitted himself to and that we to must submit ourselves to that will.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2010,02:35)
    Pierre,

One possible translation of the Common Greek word translated to “make” is married.    I am not sure what similarities the people speaking Common Greek saw between the two.  

I agree that is depends on the desires of your soul if God is with you in Spirit.  I use soul because it is the basic essence of a person and because the Spirit changes both the heart and the mind.

I agree that God’s will for us to love one another is the one Jesus submitted himself to and that we to must submit ourselves to that will.

Kerwin

make,, is English to me could elaborate ,were you pick up your info ?what is the common Greek word??

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 201 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account