Jesus' Spiritual body is flesh and bone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 465 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    David would be nothing had the Spirit of God not anointed him and worked through him
    The Spirit of Christ is that Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You will never offer the WHOLE TRUTH till you can hear and see spiritually.
    So far just the TRADITIONS of men.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,13:26)
    Hi MB,
    Can you find it written or must we follow you into speculation?

1 Cor 15
    47 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.

Once again Nick, the question remains:

And do you believe that as is Jesus, so are those who are of heaven?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,13:28)
    Hi MB,
    David would be nothing had the Spirit of God not anointed him and worked through him

So the spirit of christ anointed the father first, and then later the son.

Why then does the father call the son “my Lord”? This is what Jesus also asked, Nick. I know the answer – do you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,13:31)
    Hi MB,
    You will never offer the WHOLE TRUTH till you can hear and see spiritually.
    So far just the TRADITIONS of men.

Nick,

This post, like MOST of your posts, are nothing but wasted space on this site.

Have you scripturally refuted anything I've said?  Have you even ATTEMPTED to do so?  Of course not.  That is your M-O, Nick.  You post arrogant, condescending quips in the hopes that those reading will consider you a spiritual man, while overlooking the fact that you never actually scripturally refute what the other poster said.

It is wasted on me, and most others here.  Either put up some scriptures to show my understanding flawed, or post nothing at all, okay?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,15:38)
    toby

Terraricca, perhaps you can answer the question that another refuses to answer – and that is: if Jesus was in a Spiritual body while in Heaven before coming as Man then how did he die on the cross seeing that the Spiritual body cannot die.

first let correct your spelling ,I do not know but I believe we can not have two bodies we only have one ,like if a angel materializes and take a body of man he does not keep his spirit body ,one body at the time ,so Christ could not remain in his glorious body in heaven and at the same time being in a man's body,it is either one or the other ,so wen Christ became a man by the works of God powers he did not stay a spirit in nature but like us HE had the spirit of the soul that leaves us wen we die,this can not die unless God destroy it .

so in a matter of being right in Christ terms ;”GOD IS THE GOD OF THE LIVING NOT OF THE DEAD”so dead for now does not exist or dead is only THE ABILITY OF NON PERFORMANCE (NO ACTIONS NO INFLUENCE)AND SO JUST WAITING FOR THE TIME OF JUDGEMENT ,)

so what happen wen Jesus died same thing of what happen to all of us ,EXCEPT HIS WAITING TIME WAS LESS THAN THREE DAYS ,

would this answer be good enough to you ?

Hi Pierre, this is all speculation?

Are you suggesting: when the Angels were manifested to Lot,
    that they could have been killed by the people of Sodom?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

toby
    Participant

Mike, you ended your post with:

peace,
    mike

Mikeboll, you need to demonstrate that 'peace' – not just say it like an after-thought! And make your 'peace' with God through Jesus in Private.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,06:42)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,13:28)
    Hi MB,

So the spirit of christ anointed the father first, and then later the son.

Why then does the father call the son “my Lord”?  This is what Jesus also asked, Nick.  I know the answer – do you?

Hi Mike,

David was the one calling Christ “Lord”, not God
    The Father; you do know that, right? (Luke 20:44)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

toby
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You said:

Toby……….. Jesus went ot the GRAVE not to the FATHER at all His Spirit went back to who gave it When Jesus died He no longer existed as a LIVING SOUL of any kind He was dead as if he never ever existed and would still be that way Now or forever if GOD did not raise up HIS BODY and Add Spirit back into it

.My understanding of what Spirits are is not the same as most, i do not see spirits as “BEINGS” but Aspects of Beings . for instance  is GOD ONE SPIRIT, NO GOD is a composition of seven Spirits that make up his Mind's Eye or thinking.

Gene, then if your understanding is not the same as the rest of us and we make it clear what exactly it is we are discussing, then perhaps you could start a thread on WHAT YOU DO BELIEVE.

Gene, when posting to me – please can you stop adding the word 'Being' in 'Spirit Being' in your posts. I do not believe that Spirits are Beings either. I have told you this before but you keeping adding it back in – why, Gene?

Since a Spirit is an force of Intellect and Power with which I agree with you, all you needed to say was 'No, a Spirit is not in a body. No, the Spirit that is Jesus was not in a body when it went back to God'

Gene, how hard was that to say – why the whole big story which you still did not answer despite the many other things you said!

So, can I ask you again to answer two questions:
    1) Did the Spirit (whatever you want to call it) that went out of Jesus and back to God in a body when Jesus died on the Cross?

2) Have you worked out what “God makes his Angels Spirits” means yet outside of your own 'personal and ungrammatical' misinterpretation?

Thank you for an honest reply, Gene.

toby
    Participant

Hi Mikeboll,

You said:

Scripture says that water CAN be drank, and Toby says it can't – without one shred of scriptural proof.

Mikeboll, I did not use the word 'Drank'. I said 'Drunk'!!

It is just this kind of 'changing of words' that has got you where you are today (and you know where that is!!)

Perhaps you are not as 'Clever' as you think you are. This question has been posted a few times now and everyone was 'Clever' enough not to try to answer it!

And when you did answer, you did so be changing the word in question.

This is the same as when you changed the word 'Spiritual' to say 'Spirit' in the term 'Spiritual Body' in order to try to force a meaning that was not meant by the person who wrote it and had direct access to a body of material aspects of what he wrote.

Your change of emphasis is also apparent from the aspects that Paul was speaking of the 'Body' and how it would be raised up from the dead.
    You, in your need to manufacture evidence, changed the emphasis to say that Paul was speaking of the Spirit.

Yet when Jesus was RAISED UP he was plainly and clearly and provenly in a Body of Flesh and Bone that will never fall into decay ever again.

The Disciples did not immediately recognise Jesus because his Gloriously RENEWED Flesh and Bone body was raised up from it's weakened state of Sin that had been set to decay but was now IMMORTAL.

Mikeboll, something that already existed and was mortal and then made Immortal cannot die again, or be disposed of except by being destroyed by God and God does destroy excellent things he creates.
    Would you agree with that?

Do you think the body that Jesus was seen in was the body that He was buried in but now made Immortal as Scriptures says?
    ('The Body is sowed in corruption, That same body is raised in INCORRUPTION')

toby
    Participant

Mikeboll,
    You said:

These examples are more aligned with our disagreement, Toby.  You should really tell it like it is.  So to answer your question, “YES, the fact that scripture speaks of the spiritual bodies and tents of those in heaven, and describes those bodies many times, is not only 'all I have', but also all I need.”

The rhetorical question (one of) I asked was 'Is this all you have?' and I accept your answer of 'Yes'.

Thank you. That is all I needed to hear.

The fact that you boast of descriptions of bodies of Spirits in Heaven but as yet refuse to present any evidence of such is very strange behaviour for one who speaks so boldly and repeatedly that he has such proof!

Mike, isn't there a place in the Forum called 'The Hotseat' – shall we go there and answer SINGLE QUESTIONS point by point?

Are you afraid, Mikeboll?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ April 01 2012,14:28)
    Hi Mikeboll,

You said:

Scripture says that water CAN be drank, and Toby says it can't – without one shred of scriptural proof.

Mikeboll, I did not use the word 'Drank'. I said 'Drunk'!!

It is just this kind of 'changing of words' that has got you where you are today (and you know where that is!!)

Perhaps you are not as 'Clever' as you think you are.

The past tense of “drink” is “drank”, Toby. (Although I did find a note in Dictionary.com where it said “drunk” was a “nonstandard” past tense of “drink”.)

So, instead of this being a case of the deceptive and lying mikeboll64 trying to twist words to win an argument, it was merely a case of me trying to correct your poor English.

I assumed you meant “drank”, and answered accordingly.

Is there some hidden meaning associated with you using the hillbilly past tense of “drink” in your post instead of the actual one?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (toby @ April 01 2012,14:30)
    The fact that you boast of descriptions of bodies of Spirits in Heaven but as yet refuse to present any evidence of such is very strange behaviour for one who speaks so boldly and repeatedly that he has such proof!

Exodus 25
    18 And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. 19 Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. 20 The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover.

According to the above passage, God Himself teaches that cherubs have faces and wings and eyes.

Would you like to see more scriptures?  If so, then look up “angel” in a Bible search engine and find them yourself.  This kind of crap is a complete waste of my time, Toby.  

And it is this kind of nonsense that fills the majority of your posts.  Then you wonder why I don't want to prolong this discussion, that's already been going on for over two years, in the HotSeat section.  ???

You ask if I'm afraid.  Well, yes I am.  Afraid of spending my valuable time dealing with nonsense like this.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike;

YES, we all agree that Jesus was the son of David…………….ACCORDING TO THE FLESH.  But Jesus himself asks:  How then can the Messiah be the son of David if David himself calls him “my Lord”?

You are correct that Jesus is the son of David according to the body; for the flesh is body.  

We are taught that God appointed David over his father and brothers; even though Jesse ruled his household.  Why did he choose to do that?

Here is what the Writings state on the matter:

1 Samuel 16
    King James Version (KJV)

1And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

1 Samuel 16
    King James Version (KJV)

7But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

1 Samuel 16
    King James Version (KJV)

12And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.

David was raised up above his father because of his heart and because God provided him as king.  Jesus has been raised up above David for the same reasons.   Jesus; who unlike David, whom is not in the new covenant; has the Word placed in his inward parts and written on his heart.   That writing makes his heart superior to David’s; who merely looked forward to the time of the Spirit.  With that heart and the indwelling of the Word; he is the Son of God; not of the body but of the Spirit.

Note:add two dropped words.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kerwin,

Can you show me where David's father called him “my Lord”.

Can you show me how Jesus was prophesied to be a king in the order of David, yet was ABOVE David, God's servant?

David was appointed as the firstborn of the kings of the earth. How could any earthly king that came AFTER him be called “my Lord” by the firstborn of the kings of the earth?

Are any of Abraham's descendents greater than him? Does Abraham call any of them “my Lord”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    1 Cor 15
    47 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.

NOW Jesus IS the MAN FROM HEAVEN.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And do you believe the scripture when it says that as Jesus now is, SO ALSO ARE THOSE OF HEAVEN?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are you not yet OF HEAVEN?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No Nick.

I am so far of the earth with a hope that someday I will be of heaven.

Do YOU live in heaven right now?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    We are seated with him in glory.
    Col 3.1

You must be reborn from above.
    If you have the Spirit you will know your future.[1Jn 3.24]

Why is heaven your hope?
    The meek shall inherit the earth.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 465 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account