Jesus: god the son or son of god?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 358 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 07 2009,05:21)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 06 2009,23:18)
    I try my best

Jesus told you to worship the One who sent him but you won't?

Jesus told Mary that he was going to My God and Your God, Why don't you believe Jesus when he said he was going to his God?

Does Jesus have a God?

bd,
    And He told us that we worship the One who sent Him by worshipping the One He sent.

thinker

Participant

Hi BD:

No, he did not sin. He is the passover lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world. God raised him from the dead declaring him not guilty, and yes, he is very much alive, and will come the second time to take his church out of this world and will execute judgment upon the living and the dead.

Without the blood that was shed for our sins, there is no way that any man will be saved.

Isa 53:1 ¶ Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 ¶ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 ¶ He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 ¶ Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,08:20)

I try my best

Jesus told Mary that he was going to My God and Your God, Why don't you believe Jesus when he said he was going to his God?

Does Jesus have a God?

bd,
    And He told us that we worship the One who sent Him by worshipping the One He sent.

thinker

No, he didn't say that. But anyway who is the He who is THE GOD of Jesus.

You said that Jesus was part of the God collection but clearly Jesus said God sent him, he didn't simply say the Father sent him but that God sent him and he was returning to his Father and God.

Does The Father have a God now before you try some quick moves with a hebrew Quote just keep in mind that even in that Quote it still says Thy God so obviously the first mentioned God has a God over him but the second God mentioned has no God over Him making Him The Only True God. Also if God is a collective then how can the collective have a collective over it that would be like 6 persons in 2 God collectives.

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 06 2009,18:21)

I try my best

Does Jesus have a God?

bd,

thinker

You said that Jesus was part of the God collection but clearly Jesus said God sent him, he didn't simply say the Father sent him but that God sent him and he was returning to his Father and God.

Does The Father have a God now before you try some quick moves with a hebrew Quote just keep in mind that even in that Quote it still says Thy God so obviously the first mentioned God has a God over him but the second God mentioned has no God over Him making Him The Only True God. Also if God is a collective then how can the collective have a collective over it that would be like 6 persons in 2 God collectives.

Hi ALL

Again, this statement is a total misrepresentation of the Trinitarian view.

In this statement he totally leaves out Phil 2 where scriptures clearly tell us that Jesus being in very nature God took on the likeness of sinful flesh and subjected himself to the Father and being found in appearance as a man called his Father his God.

No contradiction here. Jesus was more than just flesh, his Spirit that inhabited that flesh Temple Was God for “The Lord is that Spirit”, He “the Word that was with God and was God”.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

I try my best

Does Jesus have a God?

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,
    Where did Jesus command worship of himself?
    You are not allowed to make these things up surely?

If he was his own God you will be able to show him worshiping himself too?

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

Does The Father have a God now before you try some quick moves with a hebrew Quote just keep in mind that even in that Quote it still says Thy God so obviously the first mentioned God has a God over him but the second God mentioned has no God over Him making Him The Only True God.

The Father said,

Let all the angels of God worship Him

again He says to the Son,

Your throne O God, is forever and ever

again,

WORTHY is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!

And every creature [EXCEPT BODHITHARTA] which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such that are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying,

“Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb, forever and ever (Rev. 5:12-13)

Do you comprehend this Bod? The sea creatures worship both The Father and Jesus but not you. You in trouble!

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2009,10:43)

I try my best

Does Jesus have a God?

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,
    Where did Jesus command worship of himself?
    You are not allowed to make these things up surely?

If he was his own God you will be able to show him worshiping himself too?

He came as servant Nick. When will it ever sink in?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Jesus was a servant.
    Who was he serving?

God

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 07 2009,11:09)
    bodhitharta said:

Does The Father have a God now before you try some quick moves with a hebrew Quote just keep in mind that even in that Quote it still says Thy God so obviously the first mentioned God has a God over him but the second God mentioned has no God over Him making Him The Only True God.

The Father said,

Let all the angels of God worship Him

again He says to the Son,

Your throne O God, is forever and ever

again,

WORTHY is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!

And every creature [EXCEPT BODHITHARTA] which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such that are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying,

“Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits upon the throne and to the Lamb, forever and ever (Rev. 5:12-13)

Do you comprehend this Bod? The sea creatures worship both The Father and Jesus but not you. You in trouble!

thinker

Where was the word Worship?

Does God need to receive power, riches, wisdom, strength, honor, glory and blessing?

You just proved my whole point God is not in need of these things as He is The Almighty ALL POWER,HONOR ,GLORY, STRENGTH, GLORY and BLESSING is Already His

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Let me help you. He was serving God. God is the Father and God of Jesus

God does have all power and He loved us enough to die for us:;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Really?
    Jn 3 disagrees.
    God sent His son.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 08 2009,04:50)
    God does have all power and He loved us enough to die for us:;):

JN,

Do you believe what Jesus says or do you believe what someone taught you regardless of what Jesus says?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 06 2009,04:34)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 06 2009,00:28)
    I worsip the 1 and only true God Jesus

If you call Jesus “God” then explain this

Philippians 2:9-11 (King James Version)

9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

If Jesus is God, why does the scripture say that GOD highly exalted him

Wouldn't God be Jesus? So how could Jesus be “him”?

Wonderful post my brother Bodhitharta. I often wonder if Jesus is God who is this another God who has exalted Jesus above all authority and power and given the name above every name?

well i have learned that God had a plan from the begining and Jesus had to die.

Jesus came in His fathers name so what it the name of the father?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 09 2009,02:00)

Jesus came in His fathers name   so what it the name of the father?

Jehovah, Yahweh, Allah or simply Almighty God. God has the most beautiful names but the fact is God is God so Jesus is sent to us from God and is not God Himself.

If you want to do right then you should only refer to Jesus as The Christ and don't add or subtract from the Glory that God has given him.

For it does not displease Jesus to be Christ or serve God Most High.

You don't have to change the way you love Jesus, no one wants to take Jesus away from you but you have a Father who is the Father and God of Jesus whom you should love with all your heart, soul and mind this is the one that Jesus calls The Only True God.

In fact you should do what Jesus does and Worship God in complete submission to His will.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Why make Jesus just an icon when he is the door of salvation and forgiveness for men and the source for us of God's Spirit?
    He is the anointed Son of God in whom God lives and the appointed Lord of all.
    Come to him for forgiveness and life

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..The ONLY one who can forgive sin Is GOD the FATHER, Jesus said if you don't forgive men their transgression neither will you Father in Heaven forgive you yours. While GOD the Father does forgive through the sacrifice of Christ, He still is the one who brings people to Jesus to obtain Forgiveness of Sins. Jesus does not have the same power and authority that the Father Has. GOD the Father is over all including Jesus also. IMO

peace and love……………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 09 2009,02:00)

Jesus came in His fathers name   so what it the name of the father?

Hi JN,
    Jesus worked in the name and authority of His God and we too work in the name and given authority of Jesus as part of the continuing work of his body.

Through Christ God is in all his servants.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 09 2009,13:17)
    Nick………..The ONLY one who can forgive sin Is GOD the FATHER, Jesus said if you don't forgive men their transgression neither will you Father in Heaven forgive you yours. While GOD the Father does forgive through the sacrifice of Christ, He still is the one who brings people to Jesus to obtain  Forgiveness of Sins. Jesus does not have the same power and authority that the Father Has. GOD the Father is over all including Jesus also. IMO

peace and love……………………….gene

well put, Gene.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 358 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account