Jesus: god the son or son of god?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 358 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi EV,
    So what of all the other descriptions of angels or are you limited to seeing them only written as spirits?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi EV,
    Certainly no angels were begotten of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi EV,
    The KJV is chosen exclusively by many but it can be misleading.
    It is drawn from the more common and perhaps more recent manuscripts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi EV,
    Surely you do not follow men who claim sole rights to interpretation for you?
    Such is the folly of catholicism etc.

Jesus made plain what sonship was and wasn't in Jn8

eveh
    Participant

Oh nick, you meant JOb again didn't you? Here I go looking up Jn8.

Sonship is simple. Jesus was resurrected as the firstborn of many sons. If you are saved you have been transformed into the family of God. You are a Son. You too will be resurrected in the manner of Jesus because he opened the way for us to enter the Kingdom.

You must have the Holy Spirit to qualify as a Son. The Holy Spirit is your down payment on your inheritance. It seals you until the day of redemption. I would make sure I had the Holy Spirit in the same manner they received it in the book of Acts. If you settle for less, you are not a Son.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ev,
    John8 is your answer.
    Many claimed to be sons there but Jesus showed their different loyalties.
    Otherwise I agree.

amen

eveh
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 28 2009,13:38)
    Hi Ev,
    John8 is your answer.
    Many claimed to be sons there but Jesus showed their different loyalties.
    Otherwise I agree.

I have a friend who has a great website you will enjoy. Some deep truth on her site. Here from John 8 is a little of her teaching.

Joh 8:56
    Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
    Now my question is when was this day?

The question was- Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. When was this?

First of all we must realize that this is spiritual and not natural.
    To see Means to know, get knowledge of, understand, perceive.
    It is not meaning to see with your natural eyes as sometimes we think.

To see my day is saying that he came to the light. Day means light. It is just like when Jesus opened the apostles understanding, he opened their eyes. In other words they saw just as Abraham did.

Gen 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

John 3
    16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Gen. 22:3
    And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

22:4 –
    Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off. ( Now how many knows what happened on the third day?)

Mr 9:31
    For he taught his disciples, and said unto them *, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.
    So this is the day that Abraham saw afar off. The heavenly world, the New Testament where Jesus was crucified and rose on the third day.

http://buildonthetruefoundation.aimoo.com/

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There are always folks willing to offer themselves as mystical leaders of great wisdom.
    But true wisdom is written and not natural to men.

right nick

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 28 2009,19:19)
    Hi,
    There are always folks willing to offer themselves as mystical leaders of great wisdom.

Greetings Nick…. A truely wise man is lead by God and acquires God given wisdom as a result of the respect/fear that God is so worthy of….I have read the writings of one truly wise man….He was a king and his opening statement was ” All is vanity”…..

eveh
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 28 2009,19:19)
    Hi,

True wisdom is given to anyone who is seeking it.

James 1:5KJV

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

amen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ev,
    We call one our teacher.
    The rest are just showing his words

eveh
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 29 2009,14:14)
    Hi Ev,
    We call one our teacher.
    The rest are just showing his words

Hi Nick

Eph 4:11
    And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Chapters 13 to 17 of John's gospel cover Jesus' farewell discourse with his disciples. In 14:18-31 Jesus speaks of his going to the Father, which going enables the coming of the Holy Spirit, both to manifest Jesus again to his disciples and teach them all things.

So, others learn from the Holy Spirt and teach us. It's all good. I am willing to learn from others. I study but those who have studied for years and walked with God, can teach us too. If we didn't need teachers than the scripture would not have said so.

I may have misunderstood your post. It is late here and I really should be in bed. Otherwise I will not get up until the crack of noon.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ev,
    No teacher can claim to be of the Spirit if he goes beyond the teachings of Christ including Christ in Paul and the apostles.[2jn]

right

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….It's understanding those teachings that counts, not just Parroting them. With GOD'S spirit we are able to understand what is meant by the words Jesus has told us. (HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT SAY'S), IT UNFOLDS THE TRUTH OF GOD TO US. Brethern you have no need of a teacher for the SPIRIT ITSELF teaches you all things, and again “NO YOU NOT THAT YOU SHALL (ALL) BE TAUGHT BY GOD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You understand scripture?

But you just added that resurrection is recreation to it in another post.
    If you understand it and know we are to respect it you should not dare add to it should you?

dont add to or take away Rev 22:18-19 read this

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 358 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account