Jehovah's Witness Church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 847 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

the Mormons are just as active and in just as many countries,

Eppy,
    Only 1 out of every 200 Mormons are actively preaching the good news–All JW's witness about Jehovah.
    Mormons do not engage in the preaching work in countries where it is banned–JW's do.

I believe if I remember, it is 60,000 out of 12,000,000 who go from door to door among mormons. (1/200) And they do this for a couple years only.
    So in what sense are they “as active” Eppy?

Here's another difference I noticed a while ago:

Matthew, “looking into JW” thread, page 10
    “And yet they are hated for doing this, more so than even Mormons who are a larger group that do the same thing. Mormons of course require their “door to door” activity as a right of passage. They also require “tithing” and don't share their financial info with their congregations. And they also buy TV and radio spots, so this helps them greatly from a marketing aspect.
    Yet even from these points……you don't see pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of sites bashing them, and they think they're “the way”, just as much as Witnesses…so why don't you see them getting an insane amount of websites and blog threads designed to aggressively “bash” them into the ground?”

Which brings me to something else you said:

people speaking negatively about one's beliefs is not a standard for truth….

True, but it is one of the many trademarks of true Christianity. Do you need a list of the scriptures?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Are the JWs preaching the gospel or giving out Watchtower doctrines?
    Jesus did not tell anyone to promote the Watchtower.

Not3in1
    Participant

When the JW's come to my door, they always read scripture FIRST.
    Then as they are leaving, they give me a Watchtower (which I always read and find facinating on some level).

Nick, why don't you encourage your brother David? He is spreading the gospel.

Tiffany
    Participant

I too have something nice to say about the J.W. They started coming around right when we built this House now 14 years ago. They started to talk to us about the preexisting of Jesus. I did not want to have nothing to do with that. But God did not leave me in that unbelief and little by little precept upon precept I began to understand. Some members can get really nasty, but not all are alike. After some disagreements we compromised and we are friends. They found out that it is not easy to talk Geog under the table. He is grounded.
    Peace and Love Irene

david
    Participant

Hi David,
    Are the JWs preaching the gospel or giving out Watchtower doctrines?

–nick

Recently, you said a pair of Witnesses came to you, as Jesus “ordered” us to “Go, therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, teaching…..”
    If there is some other group that has come to you and the rest of the world with the good news of the kingdom, please let me know.  

Jesus did not tell anyone to promote the Watchtower.

The Watchtower magazines full title is: “The Watchtower, Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom.”

He did tell us to preach about this kingdom, did he not?  

Then as they are leaving, they give me a Watchtower (which I always read and find facinating on some level).

Nick, why don't you encourage your brother David?  He is spreading the gospel.

The truth is, we're always encouraged to study the Bible with people, to use the scriptures, to rely on the Bible.  But it is all too easy, to just give people the Bible based magazine and let it speak for them.

If Nick, or someone that believes exactly as Nick does (no such other person exists) approaches me or comes to my door in accord with Jesus command and the example set out by his earliest disciples, then I am going to discuss the Bible with them, and hear what they say.  But, this will never happen.  Only one group is doing this on a worldwide united basis.  Only one group, to my knowledge is preaching the good news of God's kingdom worldwide, in hundreds of languages and lands.  The truth is, there is no person who believes just as Nick does.  So how could Nick even have the truth?  Is he the only one?  

So, while neither Nick, nor his believers will every approach my door, to share with me the Bible message, how can he condemn JW's who actually are carrying out that command, that “order”?

david
    Participant

I too have something nice to say about the J.W. They started coming around right when we built this House now 14 years ago. They started to talk to us about the preexisting of Jesus. I did not want to have nothing to do with that. But God did not leave me in that unbelief and little by little precept upon precept I began to understand. Some members can get really nasty, but not all are alike. After some disagreements we compromised and we are friends. They found out that it is not easy to talk Geog under the table. He is grounded.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Tiffany. Out of all the posts and people on this forum, I tend to agree with you the most. Now, I know why..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    So what is inside the cover?
    By whose orders do you give it away?

Participant

Quote (david @ Dec. 21 2008,18:05)

the Mormons are just as active and in just as many countries,

Eppy,
    Only 1 out of every 200 Mormons are actively preaching the good news–All JW's witness about Jehovah.
    Mormons do not engage in the preaching work in countries where it is banned–JW's do.

I believe if I remember, it is 60,000 out of 12,000,000 who go from door to door among mormons.  (1/200)  And they do this for a couple years only.  
    So in what sense are they “as active” Eppy?

Here's another difference I noticed a while ago:

Matthew, “looking into JW” thread, page 10
    “And yet they are hated for doing this, more so than even Mormons who are a larger group that do the same thing. Mormons of course require their “door to door” activity as a right of passage. They also require “tithing” and don't share their financial info with their congregations. And they also buy TV and radio spots, so this helps them greatly from a marketing aspect.
    Yet even from these points……you don't see pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of sites bashing them, and they think they're “the way”, just as much as Witnesses…so why don't you see them getting an insane amount of websites and blog threads designed to aggressively “bash” them into the ground?”

Which brings me to something else you said:

people speaking negatively about one's beliefs is not a standard for truth….

True, but it is one of the many trademarks of true Christianity.  Do you need a list of the scriptures?

Hi David:

While I have to admire the zeal of the JW's, zeal is not enough. One must be ordained by God first, and then sent by God to preach the good news.

It is the commission of the church to go into all of the world and make disciples of all nations, that is true. But not all are Apostles, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, and Prophets. These are commissioned to go out in the fashion that JW's go out if they have been qualified by God.

One cannot teach others until one is first taught himself. If you go out before you are ready, you will be causing confusion by teaching doctrines and interpretation of scriptures that may not be correct.

All of us, as born again Christians, should live our lives as an example, obeying the Word of God, so that all may see the love of God manifest through the life that we live so that they may want to be reconciled to God.

2Cr 10:18 For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

My desire is God's very best for you and your family.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Apollos had to be carefully corrected before he was allowed to preach.
    Just saying that we preach is not evidence God is happy with our service.

dirtyknections
    Participant

:)

Participant

Like I said, confusion!!!

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 21 2008,19:46)

Nick, why don't you encourage your brother David?  He is spreading the gospel.

No..Mandy..

He is not spreading the gospel…he is spreading watchtower propaganda…

Mandy..I strongly advise you to watch the videos that I post up in these threads…as a former JW I can attest that they are 1000% accurate

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…..Good post, i do agree with it, they uses mind control on their people , it is a cult. But thank GOd brother He brought you out of that < I to was in a Church that used (fear) and (YOUR Special Tactics) to control it's people, WWCG for seven years i know what trepidation can do. How it can destory lives and minds of people. But i was a novice and as I continued to study GOD'S word and Pray He began to show me the errors of there teachings and delivered me from that bondage. Give thanks to GOD brother because thats a hard thing to overcome, but with GOD all things are possible as proved by you and me both.

To bad David can't see that, and FREE Himself from that form of bondage.

love and peace to you and yours DK……………..gene

Tiffany
    Participant

Mandy

I'm confused, Gene seems to be agreeing with dk, and dk seems to be agreeing with the JW, and I don't agree with any of them.
    Where is the biblical prove that Christ inspected the “slave” in 1918?
    Where does it say that the “anointed ones” will go to heaven? The Bible teaches me just the apposed.

Jhn 7:34 Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.
    Jhn 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

He said it twice, and hear is the reason.

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

I personally question strongly their denial of mind control; and all the claims they make are just that, claims without prove.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene ……you are confused DK and I both DO NOT agree with the JW AT ALL. I think you misread the posts.

love to you and Georg…………………..gene

Tiffany
    Participant

Gene, I sure did, and I'm glad.

Georg

dirtyknections
    Participant

http://www.silentlambs.com

and they have the nerve to talk about the catholic church paying out money…

I am disgusted!!!!!

Proclaimer
    Participant

The history of the Church attests to the constant apostasy of individuals and groups which splinter and work to fracture genuine fellowship and doctrinal truth. This has always been the way it is and will be this way until the end of the age. Thus we see thousands of denominations all saying they are the way, or saying we are the best way. It is nothing but the pride of man at work and is not the work of the Spirit. For the work of the Spirit is unity in Christ. The Church is one body and is the temple which he dwells in.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Dec. 24 2008,08:15)

:)

OK, so according to this video, JWs claim that their leadership is the exclusive channel for YHWH truth. Is this correct david? Do you believe this?

david
    Participant

I didn't watch the clip, (and I'm not sure what you mean exactly by “YHWH truth” but I've seen enough clips to know that it does not have a neutral stance, and almost certainly has a grand bias against JW.

Here is what I believe. I believe that Jesus said that in the last days, his followers whom he commanded to preach the good news in all the nations, would be doing so. (And they are.) And so I believe they would be organized and gather together, as commanded. (And so they do.) And I believe they would not be killing each other, or others, but would rather die themselves. I believe they would live the Bible, that it would be a real part in their lives. I believe they would stand out as different, for many reasons and generally be hated, as were Jesus' earliest disciples.
    I have only found one group that is doing this. Yes, you'll attempt to make some comparison with the Mormon's (only 1/200 of them are engaged in the ministry.)
    You'd also expect that they wouldn't believe false non-biblical, God dishonoring beliefs, such as hellfire, the trinity, etc. (And so they don't.)
    If God wanted a direct unified message delivered to all the world, it seems there is only one group who could do this.

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 847 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account