Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2009,17:51)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2009,14:25)
    Hi BD:

Does the Quran teach that Jesus was not crucified?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

(1) That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-  
    (  سورة النساء  , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

Hi BD:

And so, If this is what the Quran teaches about the crucifixion, it is not a true statement.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi BD:

To whom are the following scriptures referring:

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 20 2009,13:18)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2009,17:47)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2009,13:59)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2009,13:11)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2009,12:56)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 18 2009,18:44)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2009,18:27)
    Hi BD,
    It tries to correct the sacred scriptures.
    Claiming superiority.
    To deceive?

The holy Bible has already told you that Satan has deceived the whole world and so the truth comes down to you but most would rather still believe a lie.

Most Christians believe either in the trinity or that Jesus is God Himself.

Look at all the speculation on this one forum, A simple reading of the Quran if accepted ends such speculation in very clear terms.

Is Mary God? No
    Is Jesus God? NO
    Is there a trinity? No
    Can God save whom He pleases? Yes!

Hi BD:

Are you one of the ones whom God will save?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

(4) “On that day, if the penalty is averted from any, it is due to Allah.s mercy; And that would be (salvation), the obvious fulfilment of all desire.  
    (  سورة الأنعام  , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #16)

Matthew 24 (King James Version)

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

7) But any that (in this life) had repented, believed, and worked righteousness, will have hopes to be among those who achieve salvation.  
    (  سورة القصص  , Al-Qasas, Chapter #28, Verse #67)

Hi BD:

In other words, you won't know whether or not you will be saved until “that day”?  And if you are saved, it will be because of the mercy of God based on your works of righteousness?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You are being arrogant and that is ungodly because the scriptures teach you to be humble:

James 4 (New King James Version)

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will[g] go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
    17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

The fact is this:

Philippians 2:11-13 (New King James Version)

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

But you seem to grant your self salvation.

Acts 20:23-25 (New King James Version)
    23 except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. 24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself,[a] so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

(16) So, as for those who believed in Allah and held fast to Him, He will admit them to His Mercy and grace (i.e. Paradise), and guide them to Himself by the Straight Path.
    (  سورة النساء  , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #175)

20) O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allah, and never fear of the blame of the blamers. That is the grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower.
    (  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #54)

Hi BD:

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;  
    1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.  
    1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins

Without the blood to wash away our sins, there is no salvation even though we are striving to obey the Word of God because we will make mistakes if only inadvertantly, and that is what I am trying to show you by my post.

In my humility, I know that I am saved not because of my works of righteouness, but because of what has done for me in the person of His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.  And so, I can call God my Father because I have believed what He has done for me and have come to Him with a repentant heart.  Yes, faith without works is dead.  If I do not obey the Word of God, and say that I am a Christian, then I am a Hypocrite, but when I make a mistake, I know that I am not condemned because of the blood that was shed for me.

Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.  
    Jhn 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?  
    Jhn 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.  
    Jhn 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: [but] the Son abideth ever.  
    Jhn 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

If what you say is true the whole world is already saved without qualification.

And also even that would be the work of the Father.

But
    still the fact remains that no matter what Jesus did or didn't do you still are not free to do evil or you will most certainly go to HELL!

Isn't that right?

(4) And this is a blessed Book (the Qur'an) which We have sent down, so follow it and fear Allah (i.e. do not disobey His Orders), that you may receive mercy (i.e. be saved from the torment of Hell).
    ( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #155)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 20 2009,13:18)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2009,17:47)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2009,13:59)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 19 2009,13:11)

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2009,12:56)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 18 2009,18:44)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2009,18:27)
    Hi BD,
    It tries to correct the sacred scriptures.
    Claiming superiority.
    To deceive?

The holy Bible has already told you that Satan has deceived the whole world and so the truth comes down to you but most would rather still believe a lie.

Most Christians believe either in the trinity or that Jesus is God Himself.

Look at all the speculation on this one forum, A simple reading of the Quran if accepted ends such speculation in very clear terms.

Is Mary God? No
    Is Jesus God? NO
    Is there a trinity? No
    Can God save whom He pleases? Yes!

Hi BD:

Are you one of the ones whom God will save?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

(4) “On that day, if the penalty is averted from any, it is due to Allah.s mercy; And that would be (salvation), the obvious fulfilment of all desire.  
    (  سورة الأنعام  , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #16)

Matthew 24 (King James Version)

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

7) But any that (in this life) had repented, believed, and worked righteousness, will have hopes to be among those who achieve salvation.  
    (  سورة القصص  , Al-Qasas, Chapter #28, Verse #67)

Hi BD:

In other words, you won't know whether or not you will be saved until “that day”?  And if you are saved, it will be because of the mercy of God based on your works of righteousness?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You are being arrogant and that is ungodly because the scriptures teach you to be humble:

James 4 (New King James Version)

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will[g] go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
    17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

The fact is this:

Philippians 2:11-13 (New King James Version)

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

But you seem to grant your self salvation.

Acts 20:23-25 (New King James Version)
    23 except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. 24 But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself,[a] so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

(16) So, as for those who believed in Allah and held fast to Him, He will admit them to His Mercy and grace (i.e. Paradise), and guide them to Himself by the Straight Path.
    (  سورة النساء  , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #175)

20) O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion (Islam), Allah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allah, and never fear of the blame of the blamers. That is the grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower.
    (  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #54)

Hi BD:

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;  
    1Jo 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.  
    1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins

Without the blood to wash away our sins, there is no salvation even though we are striving to obey the Word of God because we will make mistakes if only inadvertantly, and that is what I am trying to show you by my post.

In my humility, I know that I am saved not because of my works of righteouness, but because of what has done for me in the person of His Only Begotten Son and His Christ.  And so, I can call God my Father because I have believed what He has done for me and have come to Him with a repentant heart.  Yes, faith without works is dead.  If I do not obey the Word of God, and say that I am a Christian, then I am a Hypocrite, but when I make a mistake, I know that I am not condemned because of the blood that was shed for me.

Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.  
    Jhn 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?  
    Jhn 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.  
    Jhn 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: [but] the Son abideth ever.  
    Jhn 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The fact is you can believe in Jesus all you want but if you do not the will of the Father you will be going to HELL Marty.

There is no getting
    around it God your Father must be obeyed and worshipped or you will go to Hell and Jesus will not be able to save you nor will he be willing to save you so don't be deceived for God is not mocked.

If believing in Jesus was the main criteria for Salvation then there would be no problem being a believer in the trinity because no one believe in Jesus more than those who believe in the trinity.

So why have a problem with anything thinker has said when he believes in Jesus more than you.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 20 2009,13:20)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

(1) That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-  

Hi BD:

And so, If this is what the Quran teaches about the crucifixion, it is not a true statement.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Of course it is a true statement if it were in the Bible you would not have this difficulty of acceptance but for a certainty it is true.

You cannot even conclusively tell what happened to Jesus in your own Holy Book. You say it is the inerrant word of God and yet you cannot tell me whether they believed that Jesus was hung on a cross or from a tree can you?

I am eager for a debate with anyone who can show me a single consistent view of Jesus but I know I will not have that debate because no one can but the Quran makes it clear the truth about Jesus and how Jesus worships God.

9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11Give us this day our daily bread.

12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

(1) And they have taken (for worship) gods other than Allah, to give them power and glory!
    ( سورة مريم , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #81)

(3) If any do seek for glory and power,- to Allah belong all glory and power. To Him mount up (all) Words of Purity: It is He Who exalts each Deed of Righteousness. Those that lay Plots of Evil,- for them is a Penalty terrible; and the plotting of such will be void (of result).

(6) Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare the Praises and glory of Allah. to Him belongs dominion, and to Him belongs praise: and He has power over all things.
    (سورة التغابن, At-Taghabun, Chapter #64, Verse #1)

Participant

Hi BD:

No, you are just reacting, and not reading my posts. I said if someone professes to be a Christian and is not obeying the Word of God, he is a hypocrite. Of course, if someone does not obey the Word of God they won't be saved.

But salvation is not based on good works, but it is based on faith, that is believing what God has done for humanity in the person of Jesus His Son and His Christ. Believing is not just a mental assent. It is coming to God through Jesus with a repentant heart. Do you know what it is to come with a repentant heart. It does not mean that you are going to continue in sin. The scripture states that except a man be born of water (this is not water baptism, but is the living water which is the Word of God, the gospel message) and of the Spirit (the Holy Spirit), he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Being born again means that one has died unto sin, and has been raised from the dead(spiritual separation from God because of sin) by the Spirit of God. This can only happen when your sins are washed away by the blood of the lamb of God which takes away the sin of the World.

When one breaks the law, there ensues judgment and a penalty for breaking that Law. All of humanity have broken God's eternal Law, the Ten Commandments, and the wages of sin is death, Jesus has paid that penalty for all who choose to come to God through him. He condemned to die by those who crucified him and accused of blasphemy, but God raised him from the dead declaring him not guilty, and if anyone believes that God has done this for him, and comes to Him with a repentant heart through Jesus he also will be declared not guilty. That does not mean that he is free to continue in sin.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Jo 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1Jo 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1Jo 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 20 2009,15:38)

Quote (942767 @ June 20 2009,13:20)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Of course it is a true statement if it were in the Bible you would not have this difficulty of acceptance but for a certainty it is true.

You cannot even conclusively tell what happened to Jesus in your own Holy Book.  You say it is the inerrant word of God and yet you cannot tell me whether they believed that Jesus was hung on a cross or from a tree can you?

I am eager for a debate with anyone who can show me a single consistent view of Jesus but I know I will not have that debate because no one can but the Quran makes it clear the truth about Jesus and how Jesus worships God.

9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11Give us this day our daily bread.

12And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

(1) And they have taken (for worship) gods other than Allah, to give them power and glory!  
    (  سورة مريم  , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #81)

(3) If any do seek for glory and power,- to Allah belong all glory and power. To Him mount up (all) Words of Purity: It is He Who exalts each Deed of Righteousness. Those that lay Plots of Evil,- for them is a Penalty terrible; and the plotting of such will be void (of result).  

(6) Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare the Praises and glory of Allah. to Him belongs dominion, and to Him belongs praise: and He has power over all things.  
    (سورة التغابن, At-Taghabun, Chapter #64, Verse #1)

Hi bD,
    Do you hope for salvation by obedience to your master and his teachings?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD………….one thing i will give Islam, they do believe in only (ONE) GOD. As far as Mohammad goes His history was one of slaughter and war, so I do not believe He was a true Prophet of GOD, Not saying He could not have been, because GOD did use bloody men as David and others to in the Past. But Jesus was the (ONLY TRUE) son of GOD and walked perfectly before GOD, So who's words should we follow Mohammad or Jesus' words. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 21 2009,03:20)
    BD………….one thing i will give Islam, they do believe in only (ONE) GOD. As far as Mohammad goes His history was one of slaughter and war, so I do not believe He was a true Prophet of GOD, Not saying He could not have been, because GOD did use bloody men as David and others to in the Past. But Jesus was the (ONLY TRUE) son of GOD and walked perfectly before GOD, So who's words  should we follow Mohammad or Jesus' words.  IMO

Moses is very much like Muhammad then isn't he?

Moses and Muhammad were warriors and fought against Paganism and destroyed Idols.

They both declared that God Most High is due All Praise.

We should follow all the messengers of God because all of their words are the same “Worship God”

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 20 2009,16:49)
    Hi BD:

No, you are just reacting, and not reading my posts.  I said if someone professes to be a Christian and is not obeying the Word of God, he is a hypocrite.  Of course, if someone does not obey the Word of God they won't be saved.

But salvation is not based on good works, but it is based on faith, that is believing what God has done for humanity in the person of Jesus His Son and His Christ.  Believing is not just a mental assent.  It is coming to God through Jesus with a repentant heart.  Do you know what it is to come with a repentant heart.  It does not mean that you are going to continue in sin.  The scripture states that except a man be born of water (this is not water baptism, but is the living water which is the Word of God, the gospel message) and of the Spirit (the Holy Spirit), he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Being born again means that one has died unto sin,  and has been raised from the dead(spiritual separation from God because of sin) by the Spirit of God.  This can only happen when your sins are washed away by the blood of the lamb of God which takes away the sin of the World.

When one breaks the law, there ensues judgment and a penalty for breaking that Law.  All of humanity have broken God's eternal Law, the Ten Commandments, and the wages of sin is death, Jesus has paid that penalty for all who choose to come to God through him.  He condemned to die by those who crucified him and accused of blasphemy, but God raised him from the dead declaring him not guilty, and if anyone believes that God has done this for him, and comes to Him with a repentant heart through Jesus he also will be declared not guilty.  That does not mean that he is free to continue in sin.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?  

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?  

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?  

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.  

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also [in the likeness] of [his] resurrection:  

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.  

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:  

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.  

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.  

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.  

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.  

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God.  

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.  

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.  

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?  

Rom 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.  

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.  

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.  

1Jo 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.  

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.  

1Jo 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.  

1Jo 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.  

1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.  

1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.  

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.  

1Jo 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Matthew 16:26-28 (King James Version)

27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Revelation 20:11-13 (King James Version)

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

(10) Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.
    ( سورة النحل , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #97)

(20) “He that works evil will not be requited but by the like thereof: and he that works a righteous deed – whether man or woman – and is a Believer- such will enter the Garden (of Bliss): Therein will they have abundance without measure.
    ( سورة غافر , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #40)

(22) Whoever works righteousness benefits his own soul; whoever works evil, it is against his own soul: nor is thy Lord ever unjust (in the least) to His Servants.
    ( سورة فصلت , Fussilat, Chapter #41, Verse #46)

(4) They say: “Become Jews or christians if ye would be guided (To salvation).” Say thou: “Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with A
    llah.”
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #135)

We believe in All the messengers of God because we maintain Faith in all that God sends to us. You reject some over others and because of this you get stuck in allegory and speculation.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 21 2009,15:57)

Quote (942767 @ June 20 2009,16:49)
    Hi BD:

No, you are just reacting, and not reading my posts.  I said if someone professes to be a Christian and is not obeying the Word of God, he is a hypocrite.  Of course, if someone does not obey the Word of God they won't be saved.

But salvation is not based on good works, but it is based on faith, that is believing what God has done for humanity in the person of Jesus His Son and His Christ.  Believing is not just a mental assent.  It is coming to God through Jesus with a repentant heart.  Do you know what it is to come with a repentant heart.  It does not mean that you are going to continue in sin.  The scripture states that except a man be born of water (this is not water baptism, but is the living water which is the Word of God, the gospel message) and of the Spirit (the Holy Spirit), he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Being born again means that one has died unto sin,  and has been raised from the dead(spiritual separation from God because of sin) by the Spirit of God.  This can only happen when your sins are washed away by the blood of the lamb of God which takes away the sin of the World.

When one breaks the law, there ensues judgment and a penalty for breaking that Law.  All of humanity have broken God's eternal Law, the Ten Commandments, and the wages of sin is death, Jesus has paid that penalty for all who choose to come to God through him.  He condemned to die by those who crucified him and accused of blasphemy, but God raised him from the dead declaring him not guilty, and if anyone believes that God has done this for him, and comes to Him with a repentant heart through Jesus he also will be declared not guilty.  That does not mean that he is free to continue in sin.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Matthew 16:26-28 (King James Version)

27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Revelation 20:11-13 (King James Version)

11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

(10) Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.  
    (  سورة النحل  , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #97)

(20) “He that works evil will not be requited but by the like thereof: and he that works a righteous deed – whether man or woman – and is a Believer- such will enter the Garden (of Bliss): Therein will they have abundance without measure.  
    (  سورة غافر  , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #40)

(22) Whoever works righteousness benefits his own soul; whoever works evil, it is against his own soul: nor is thy Lord ever unjust (in the least) to His Servants.  
    (  سورة فصلت  , Fussilat, Cha
    pter #41, Verse #46)

(4) They say: “Become Jews or christians if ye would be guided (To salvation).” Say thou: “Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah.”  
    (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #135)

We believe in All the messengers of God because we maintain Faith in all that God sends to us. You reject some over others and because of this you get stuck in allegory and speculation.

(1) He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical. But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: “We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:” and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding.
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #7)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Hmmm.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 21 2009,15:46)

BD………….one thing i will give Islam, they do believe in only (ONE) GOD. As far as Mohammad goes His history was one of slaughter and war, so I do not believe He was a true Prophet of GOD, Not saying He could not have been, because GOD did use bloody men as David and others to in the Past. But Jesus was the (ONLY TRUE) son of GOD and walked perfectly before GOD, So who's words  should we follow Mohammad or Jesus' words.  IMO

Moses and Muhammad were warriors and fought against Paganism and destroyed Idols.

We should follow all the messengers of God because all of their words are the same “Worship God”

Hi BD,
    So anyone who seems to be on God's side can become your leader?
    Is that a safe path when so much deception is on offer?
    Fine words are an easy trap for some.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 21 2009,17:51)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 21 2009,15:46)

Hi BD,
    So anyone who seems to be on God's side can become your leader?
    Is that a safe path when so much deception is on offer?
    Fine words are an easy trap for some.

God is our leader and it is God who guides anyone of faith.

Deception only comes when God's sovereignty is questioned such as when we join partners with God. This is why Jesus called the pharisees and Sadducees hypocrites and snaked because they made priest be intercessors and manipulated the people. What did lord Jesus do?

He taught them that they did not need priests to go to God he told them in what manner to pray and hence reconciling man to God with knowledge of the TRUE GOD.

These people didn't believe they could appeal to God without priests just like “The Whore” today.

Jesus freed those oppressed souls so that they could believe in God Almighty whom the priests had the keys to the kingdom but yet did not allow others to have nor did they use them

Luke 11:51-53 (New King James Version)
    51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah who perished between the altar and the temple. Yes, I say to you, it shall be required of this generation.
    52 “Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered.”
    53 And as He said these things to them,[a] the scribes and the Pharisees began to assail Him vehemently, and to cross-examine Him about many things,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    What is the name of your god?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2009,07:07)
    Hi BD,
    What is the name of your god?

We are only told He is The God, if you say Jehovah or Yahweh it still is the same God because there is no god but God, so call him Elohim if you wish, Jesus said

Mark 15:34
    And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

1- In the case of “Aalah” or “Aaloh” Aramaic slang pronounciation, it is almost the same as the “Allah” or “Allawh” Arabic slang pronounciation.

2- In the case of “Aalahaa” or “Aalohaa” Aramaic slang pronounciation, it is also almost the same as the “Allaha” or “Allawha” in the Arabic slang pronounciation. “Allah” would be pronounced as “Allaha” or “Allaha” in Arabic if it's used in the middle of the sentence. It can also be pronounced as “Allahi” or “Allahu” or “Allaho” depending on the grammar of the sentence.

3- The Hebew word “Elohim” is the plural of “Elowah”, which is derived from the Aramaic word “Alaha”, or “Elahh”; the same as the Arabic word “Allah” or “Allawh” in pronunciation.

So in the beginning God(Allah)(Elohim) created the heavens and earth.

If One says His name is YHWH then Jesus says Hallowed be thy Name for we are to worship God and not use His name in vain.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Our God speaks through his son Jesus.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2009,14:00)
    Hi BD,
    Our God speaks through his son Jesus.

God speaks through whom He pleases to speak through, are you now the authority of God?

Did Jesus speak to Mary?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Yes there are people who think they hear the voice of God through gurus everywhere.
    Sad really

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD………..Jesus was uniquely different, the First of his kind, He showed greater authority then all other Prophets before Him. He said you have heard it said by them of old, love your neighbor but hate your enemies, But (I) say unto you to Love your enemies and do good to them who despite fully use you. No Prophet ever said that, even Islams today hate their enemies, calling for a “HOLY WAR” and killing many, they love only those who agree with them and many “Christians” are that way to. this is not the message we have recieved from Jesus our brother and coming King He is uniquely different from all other Prophets or leaders before Him, if the whole world would follow Him we would all love one another Moslem's and Christians alike. IMO.

love and peace to you and yours……………………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account