Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 2,841 through 2,860 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Can a orthodox Jew who doesn’t believe in Jesus go to heaven

God can save any man because the Lamb of God laid down his life so that many could live.

God also wants to save all, but he cannot save those who have rejected God knowingly.

We all have received different amount of light. Some people live in dark places where there is little light. God expects more to those who are given more.

I cannot say who God will save accept to say that if we hear the gospel and respond in accordance with God’s will and live a godly life, then we have assurance of our salvation. Anything else is not assured, but is also not annulled. God is the judge in this matter.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi t8

Can a orthodox Jew who doesn’t believe in Jesus go to heaven

God can save any man because the Lamb of God laid down his life so that many could live.

God also wants to save all, but he cannot save those who have rejected God knowingly.

We all have received different amount of light. Some people live in dark places where there is little light. God expects more to those who are given more.

I cannot say who God will save accept to say that if we hear the gospel and respond in accordance with God’s will and live a godly life, then we have assurance of our salvation. Anything else is not assured, but is also not annulled. God is the judge in this matter.

You can then admit that Muslims can be in no lessor position according to your theology especially since they actually do believe in Christ, is that correct? Because all your attacks are on Islam and you will not attack Jews who call Jesus a False prophet

Ed J
    Participant

You can then admit that Muslims can be in no lessor position according to your theology especially since they actually do believe in Christ, is that correct?

Hi BD,

Does it not say in sura 3,55
    I will make those who follow thee (Jesus) uppermost to the Day of Resurrection

And in sura 61,14 say
    “and they became uppermost”

Christianity certainly is uppermost, so Muhammad at least got that right!

B’shem
    YHVH

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Is it true to say that you believe in Christ Jesus and love him

and yet deny his teachings?

“Why do you call me LORD LORD and not do as I say?”

“My teachings are not mine..”

Jn 8

‘he who is of God hears the words of God;

you do not hear them because you are not of God”

But of course you felt brave enough to judge John-and the Spirit who speaks through him.

bodhitharta
    Participant

I didn’t judge John at all I said there are 2 dates and times for the crucifixion and there are, your response is now that somehow I altered the Bible?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

So rather than seek to clarify your misunderstandings you choose to judge the words and the Author.

Protest your innocence all you want to but division between the stones in the wall is your aim.

Proclaimer
    Participant

bod, I believe that God can save anyone unless they have committed an unforgivable sin.

All sins can be forgiven.

We have all received varying amounts of light and revelation. Some have only the conscience, but at least all were given one. Some sin in ignorance, others sin with knowledge.

God can save Jews who do not believe that Jesus is the messiah, just as he can save Muslims.

But those who hear the gospel and respond in the will of God to it and live godly lives, they have an assurance of their salvation. Others do not have that assurance.

God will cast away those that have rejected him though, let’s be clear about that. If they knowingly reject his son, then that is the same as rejecting God.

There is some leeway with ignorance however.

Acts 17:30
    The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

Luke 23:34
    And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

1 Timothy 1:13
    Though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief,

Acts 3:17
    “And now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did also your rulers.

Knowledge of the son of God leads all to make a decision one way or another.

John 3:18
    Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

The Quran says that Allah has no son. The Bible says that the spirit of antichrist denies the Father and the Son. Islam encourages men to deny that God has a son.

Miia
    Participant

Hi Bd,
    There are a lot of good points in Islam (beautiful idol-less mosques, submission to God, and more), but in order to embrace what is good in Islam one has to reject the son (the son is denied in Islam).

Ever heard of Chrislam?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mila,

Yes a cleverly designed sham.

bodhitharta
    Participant

@t8

bod, I believe that God can save anyone unless they have committed an unforgivable sin.

All sins can be forgiven.

We have all received varying amounts of light and revelation. Some have only the conscience, but at least all were given one. Some sin in ignorance, others sin with knowledge.

God can save Jews who do not believe that Jesus is the messiah, just as he can save Muslims.

But those who hear the gospel and respond in the will of God to it and live godly lives, they have an assurance of their salvation. Others do not have that assurance.

God will cast away those that have rejected him though, let’s be clear about that. If they knowingly reject his son, then that is the same as rejecting God.

There is some leeway with ignorance.

Acts 17:30
    The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

Luke 23:34
    And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

1 Timothy 1:13
    Though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief,

Acts 3:17
    “And now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did also your rulers.

Knowledge of the son of God leads all to make a decision one way or another.

John 3:18
    Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

The Quran says that Allah has no son. The Bible says that the spirit of antichrist denies the Father and the Son. Islam encourages men to deny that God has a son.

Those who believe (in the Qur’an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #62)

Those who believe (in the Qur’an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.

( سورة الحج , Al-Hajj, Chapter #22, Verse #17)

(Both) the Jews and the Christians say: “We are sons of Allah, and his beloved.” Say: “Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)”

( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #18)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi Miia

Hi Bd,
    There are a lot of good points in Islam (beautiful idol-less mosques, submission to God, and more), but in order to embrace what is good in Islam one has to reject the son (the son is denied in Islam).

Ever heard of Chrislam?

No one rejects Jesus in Islam.

Say ye: “We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam).”

And the Earth will shine with the Glory of its Lord: the Record (of Deeds) will be placed (open); the prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward and a just decision pronounced between them; and they will not be wronged (in the least).

( سورة الزمر , Az-Zumar, Chapter #39, Verse #69)

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #136)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Can you not see the fingerprints of men all over this stuff?

The words of Jesus are Spirit and life

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

It is a hard sell for you having to offer such lifeless words to us.

How on earth did you swallow it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

1Jn3.18f

“Little children let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. We will know by this that we are of the truth and will assure our hearts before Him in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our hearts and knows all things. Beloved if our heart does not condemn us , we have confidence before God.”

1Jn4.16

“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out all fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love”

Proclaimer
    Participant

No one rejects Jesus in Islam.

If a person rejects the son of God, they reject Jesus because he is the son of God.

If your Jesus is not the son of the living God, then you preach another Jesus.

2 Corinthians 11:4
    For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

A you can see, some put up with another Jesus. I am not one of those people. The Jesus I preach is the son of the living God and the one whom God made Lord. The Jesus that is preached in Islam is not the son of the Living God and the Lord. Thus what is being proclaimed is an Anti-Jesus.

Further, the spirit of Antichrist denies the Father and the son.

I will not buy into the antichrist spirit for good reason.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Hi t8

If a person rejects the son of God, they reject Jesus because he is the son of God.

If your Jesus is not the son of the living God, then you preach another Jesus.

2 Corinthians 11:4
    For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

A you can see, some put up with another Jesus. I am not one of those people. The Jesus I preach is the son of the living God and the one whom God made Lord. The Jesus that is preached in Islam is not the son of the Living God and the Lord. Thus what is being proclaimed is an Anti-Jesus.

Further, the spirit of Antichrist denies the Father and the son.

I will not buy into the antichrist spirit for good reason.

This is really a matter of you not understanding the nature of the statement “God has no son” The fact is and perhaps you would agree: God is not a man, nor a son of man

Once that is understood we can easily see the proper attribute would be “Guardian” as oppose to Father. Islam is about ascribing the correct qualities to God not simply the ones that make us comfortable or feel special

O ye people! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;

secondly, when we understand the Soveriegn and transcendent nature of God we must understand we are his creation not His children because children is an attribute of progeny and multiplication so to say that God has no son is not to take away the greatness of His creation it is to clearly separate the Creator from the created. further it is historically a fact that Jews often referred to pious men as sons of God with no intention of meaning they are divine. So calling yourself a child of God is fine if you are speaking metaphorically because God is “like” a Father but isn’t God also “like” a Mother and yet those are simply human terms we can grasp. Because God is not “like” a creator He actually is The Creator and there is none like Him.

So you(t8) using the term Son of God with your understanding Jesus is a man is not the same thing as Jesus being preached as a god and that was only possible because of the LANGUAGE Jews used to express themselves and using the term god/gods in various ways but the gentiles particularly the Pagans take terms like god or son of god as divine meanings and you cannot form a trinity/binity/ or any other combination with Jesus being divine when the LANGUAGE is purified

Acts 2:22 “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

That statement is Pure and this is the position of Islam pertaining to Jesus, Can someone get a trinity or any form of divinity out of that statement? No
    You use that statement yourself when trying to show Jesus is a Man(a uniquely created man in the comparison of Adam) but they can simply flip a few pages and find some scripture with the right BUZZ words i.e. Father/Son/one and your back to square 1.

That is why I said it is hopelessly confused so there is no denying WHO Jesus is only the terms are being denied because they are essentially not accurate

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #21)

Proclaimer
    Participant

If the one true God has a son and another God doesn’t have a son, then they are not the same God.

Even Satan poses as an Angel of Light and who gave Mohammed the words of the Quran? Was it an angel?

Further, if Satan wants to be like the Most High, then if he copies him to some degree, then that doesn’t make him God.

So similarities are not proof that they are the same God, but the differences are very telling.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Oh by the way here is my point God inspired me to give you: attributing Fatherhood to God is the same as this:

To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things.

( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #101)

The Wickedness of Man- Genesis 6
    …3Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. 5Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.…

Surah 19 (Mary)

88They say: “(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!”

89Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!

90At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin,

91That they should invoke a son for (Allah) Most Gracious.

92For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.

93Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (Allah) Most Gracious as a servant.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

So these verses are only reactionary denying what is written in the Holy Scriptures.

Why accept the poor imitations of truth?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Nick

This is in Genesis 6 when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them.

Would it be fair to say that God did not commit such a monstrous act with His own creation, that God did not come into Mary(May God forgive me for even writing it)

If God did not do that then His act was an act of Creation similar to that of Adam, now of course Adam wasn’t called the son of God until the NT but when God CREATED Adam it was an act of A Creator not a relational act.

Now for you I was inspired to give you this:

Matthew 22:30
    …29But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30″For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven

God does not have relations with humans that would be considered Marital obligations so even implying it however remote is very close to blasphemy especially since it promotes and supports the idea that Jesus is in fact God or part God

In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary. Say: “Who then hath the least power against Allah, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every – one that is on the earth? For to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For Allah hath power over all things.”

( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #17)

Viewing 20 posts - 2,841 through 2,860 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account