Islam

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 3,171 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 23 2009,03:40)
    BD………..Jesus was uniquely different, the First of his kind, He showed greater authority then all other Prophets before Him. He said you have heard it said by them of old, love your neighbor but hate your enemies, But (I) say unto you to Love your enemies and do good to them who despite fully use you. No Prophet ever said that, even Islams today hate their enemies, calling for a “HOLY WAR” and killing many, they love only those who agree with them and many “Christians” are that way to. this is not the message we have recieved from Jesus our brother and coming King He is uniquely different from all other Prophets or leaders before Him, if the whole world would follow Him we would all love one another Moslem's and Christians alike. IMO.

love and peace to you and yours……………………………..gene

You are incorrect Moses commanded the same things because God has said the same message through all his Messengers including Jesus but most don't know but look:

Exodus 23:3-5 (New King James Version)
    3 You shall not show partiality to a poor man in his dispute.
    4 “If you meet your enemy’s ox or his donkey going astray, you shall surely bring it back to him again. 5 If you see the donkey of one who hates you lying under its burden, and you would refrain from helping it, you shall surely help him with it.

Leviticus 19:18 (New King James Version)
    18 You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.

but do you think this always applies:

Matthew 13:38-40 (New King James Version)
    38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age.

Do you love the devil?

also you do not understand what Jihad means at all but pay attention:

(16) It may be that Allah will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For Allah has power (over all things); And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    ( سورة الممتحنة , Al-Mumtahana, Chapter #60, Verse #7)

Matthew 10:34-35 (New King James Version)

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’;

(19) O ye who believe! Truly, among your wives and your children are (some that are) enemies to yourselves: so beware of them! But if ye forgive and overlook, and cover up (their faults), verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    (سورة التغابن, At-Taghabun, Chapter #64, Verse #14)

Now you said that Jesus doesn't believe in fighting or “love your enemies right?

Revelation 17:13-15 (New King James Version)
    13 These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

(30) In the end We fulfilled to them Our Promise, and We saved them and those whom We pleased, but We destroyed those who transgressed beyond bounds.
    ( سورة الأنبياء , Al-Anbiya, Chapter #21, Verse #9)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    It is the voice of the good shepherd you need to hear.
    God speaks through him but not self appointed men.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,06:57)
    Hi BD,
    It is the voice of the good shepherd you need to hear.
    God speaks through him but not self appointed men.

What about this Nick?

Ezekiel 34:22-24 (King James Version)

22Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.

23And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

24And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.

Jeremiah 23:3-5 (King James Version)

3And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

4And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD.

How do you know who is appointed to speak for God? Are you speaking for God now?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Jesus is the new David.
    Would you appoint your own shepherd and hope to find pasture?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD………………Moses said the LORD shall raise up unto you a Prophet like Me, unto (Him) shall you Heed. That Prophet was Jesus , not Mohammad or any other Prophet but Jesus Himself. Who Showed His God Given authority by signs and wonders and being the only ONE raised from the dead, as well as never sinning, can Mohammad of another make that claim, I doubt it. We do not follow Moses or Mohammad any other Prophet, non are Jesus' equal. Scripture say all authority has be given Jesus in Heaven and earth, I don't see Mohammad mention anywhere there. IMO

Peace and love to you and your…………………………gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 23 2009,10:08)
    BD………………Moses said the LORD shall raise up unto you a Prophet like Me, unto (Him) shall you Heed. That Prophet was Jesus , not Mohammad or any other Prophet but Jesus Himself. Who Showed His God Given authority by signs and wonders and being the only ONE raised from the dead, as well as never sinning, can Mohammad of another make that claim, I doubt it. We do not follow Moses or Mohammad any other Prophet, non are Jesus' equal. Scripture say all authority has be given Jesus in Heaven and earth, I don't see Mohammad mention anywhere there. IMO

Peace and love to you and your…………………………gene

Was the first born son of Abraham (Ishmael) and his descendants included in God's covenant and promise? A few verses from the Bible may help shed some light on this question;

1) Genesis 12:2-3 speaks of God's promise to Abraham and his descendants before any child was born to him.

2) Genesis 17:4 reiterates God's promise after the birth of Ishmael and before the birth of Isaac.

3) In Genesis, ch. 21. Isaac is specifically blessed but Ishmael was also specifically blessed and promised by God to become “a great nation” especially in Genesis 21:13, 18.

4) According to Deuteronomy 21:15-17 the traditional rights and privileges of the first born son are not to be affected by the social status of his mother (being a “free” woman such as Sarah, Isaac's mother, or a “Bondwoman” such as Hagar, Ishmael's mother). This is only consistent with the moral and humanitarian principles of all revealed faiths.

5) The full legitimacy of Ishmael as Abraham's son and “seed” and the full legitimacy of his mother, Hagar, as Abraham's wife are clearly stated in Genesis 21:13 and 16:3. After Jesus, the last Israelite messenger and prophet, it was time that God's promise to bless Ishmael and his descendants be fulfilled. Less than 600years after Jesus, came the last messenger of God, Muhammad, from the progeny of Abraham through Ishmael. God's blessing of both of the main branches of Abraham's family tree was now fullfilled. But are there additional corroborating evidence that the Bible did in fact foretell the advent of prophet Muhammad?

Up to the time of Jesus (peace be upon him), the Israelites were still awaiting for that prophet like unto Moses prophecied in Deuteronomy 18:18. When John the Baptist came, they asked him if he was Christ and he said “no”. They asked him if he was Elias and he said “no”. Then, in apparent reference to Deuteronomy 18:18, they asked him “Art thou that Prophet” and he answered, “no”. (John 1: 1 9-2 1).

This should help you understand. If Jesus was the one like Moses then why is it they should ask “art thou that prophet?”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The inheritance of Abraham is according to true faith, not bloodline.
    Jesus offers your religion no support at all.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,11:55)
    Hi BD,

Did God fulfill the promise of Ishmael through Isaac?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DB……….What you have forgetting is that Prophet would come from (their) Israelite Brothers. Not from the offspring of Ishmael. Jesus was from the tribe of David a Jew not an offspring of Ishmael. DB we are not talking about the blessings of Ishmael and His dependent's Here, The issued is the authority of Jesus as the (ONLY) true son of GOD and Prophesied to come by Moses, through Israel not the sons of Ishmael, But if you Listen to Jesus word and they abide in You, you will also be accepted no matter what race your are from. IMO

peace and love……………………..gene

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,11:59)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,11:55)
    Hi BD,

Did God fulfill the promise of Ishmael through Isaac?

Hi BD:

God said to Abraham: “in Isaac shall thy seed be called”, meaning that the gospel would be preached to every creature. God is not a respecter of persons. The gospel is to be preached to all nations, including the great nation of Ishmael.

It is such because God calls a person into a realtionship with him because of his goodness and what he has done for humanity in the person of His Only Begotten Son and His Christ. It is through this sacrifice that our sins can be forgiven. There is no forgiveness of sins without this sacrifice. Also, God will not force himself on anyone. It is this way so that a person can freely come to God by his own free will when he hears and believes the gospel.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Jhn 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 23 2009,12:12)
    DB……….What you have forgetting is that Prophet would come from (their) Israelite Brothers. Not from the offspring of Ishmael. Jesus was from the tribe of David a Jew not an offspring of Ishmael.   DB we are not talking about the blessings of Ishmael and His dependent's Here, The issued is the authority of Jesus as the (ONLY) true son of GOD and Prophesied to come by Moses, through Israel not the sons of Ishmael, But if you Listen to Jesus word and they abide in You, you will also be accepted no matter what race your are from. IMO

John 1

19And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

20And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

According to the above scriptures the people were still awaiting for “The Prophet” besides waiting for Christ

Galatians 4:24-26 (King James Version)

24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Matthew 21:42-44 (King James Version)

42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Islam has worshipped God strictly without partners and is the fastest growing religion in the world i.e. it is bearing fruit

We know that God gave Islam the possessions that were promised to Abraham and his sons Ishmael and Isaac the Jews are now as prophesied a small remnant but Islam is larger and more fruitful then any single Christian denomination including catholicism which tried their best to stop Islam (but God was not with those inquisitors)

And look what has happened to Christianity it has divided itself hundreds of times it is not a specific religion.

(6) As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.
    ( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #159)

(11) But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!
    ( سورة مريم , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #37)

(13) But people have cut off their affair (of unity), between them, into sects: each party rejoices in that which is with itself.
    ( سورة المؤمنون , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #53)

(17) And thou wilt see every sect bowing the knee: Every sect will be called to its Record: “This Day shall ye be recompensed for all that ye did!
    ( سورة الجاثية , Al-Jathiya, Chapter #45, Verse #28)

So since you must agree that Jesus is correct, Jesus said:

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    So somehow John denying he was the PROPHET tells you Jesus was not also?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,12:42)
    Hi BD,
    So somehow John denying he was the PROPHET tells you Jesus was not also?

Moses killed men as a warrior and so did Muhammad
    Moses and Muhammad had human parents
    Moses and Muhammad smashed Idolotary in their people and brought rules of Law

Moses and Muhammad died natural deaths
    Moses and Muhammad had an exodus event

And to those who are trinitarians(not you)

MOSES and MUHAMMAD are MEN and not GOD

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,12:41)

DB……….What you have forgetting is that Prophet would come from (their) Israelite Brothers. Not from the offspring of Ishmael. Jesus was from the tribe of David a Jew not an offspring of Ishmael.   DB we are not talking about the blessings of Ishmael and His dependent's Here, The issued is the authority of Jesus as the (ONLY) true son of GOD and Prophesied to come by Moses, through Israel not the sons of Ishmael, But if you Listen to Jesus word and they abide in You, you will also be accepted no matter what race your are from. IMO

John 1

19And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

21And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

According to the above scriptures the people were still awaiting for “The Prophet” besides waiting for Christ

24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Islam has worshipped God strictly without partners and is the fastest growing religion in the world i.e. it is bearing fruit

We know that God gave Islam the possessions that were promised to Abraham and his sons Ishmael and Isaac the Jews are now as prophesied a small remnant but Islam is larger and more fruitful then any single Christian denomination including catholicism which tried their best to stop Islam (but God was not with those inquisitors)

And look what has happened to Christianity it has divided itself hundreds of times it is not a specific religion.

(6) As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.  
    (  سورة الأنعام  , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #159)

(11) But the sects differ among themselves: and woe to the unbelievers because of the (coming) Judgment of a Momentous Day!  
    (  سورة مريم  , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #37)

(13) But people have cut off their affair (of unity), between them, into sects: each party rejoices in that which is with itself.  
    (  سورة المؤمنون  , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #53)

(17) And thou wilt see every sect bowing the knee: Every sect will be called to its Record: “This Day shall ye be recompensed for all that ye did!  
    (  سورة الجاثية  , Al-Jathiya, Chapter #45, Verse #28)

43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

But this is what Jesus said about the identity of John the Baptist:

Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
    Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
    Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive [it], this is Elias, which was for to come.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2009,14:12)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 23 2009,12:41)

John 1

(  سورة الأنعام  , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #159)

(  سورة مريم  , Maryam, Chapter #19, Verse #37)

(  سورة المؤمنون  , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #53)

(  سورة الجاثية  , Al-Jathiya, Chapter #45, Verse #28)

But this is what Jesus said about the identity of John the Baptist:

Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So Jesus said that John was in fact Elijah but did he say that John was in-fact “The Prophet”? Remember there was 3 questions are you the Christ, Are you Elijah? and are you “The Prophet” So now you have the identity of Christ and “Elijah” but then who is “That Prophet”?

The scripture says that all the prophets and the law prophesied until John and we know that Jesus came to fulfill the law and he was the last prophet of the Israelites and yet they ask about “That Prophet” Jesus does not say there will be no other prophet coming in-fact the scripture says test the spirits and it explains what a false prophet is

They are the one who come in sheeps clothing and say Lord, lord but don't do the will of the Father

Matthew 24:23-25 (King James Version)

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

Islam does not focus on miracles they focus on Worshipping God. Life or death is inconsequential as long as they live or die in God.

and most importantly

1 John 4:1-3 (King James Version)

1 John 4
    1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Now you see here on this site those that say that Jesus is God and make “Christ” a position they are ashamed of but Islam proclaims Jesus is The Christ without shame but for a surety Jesus is not God.

Participant

Hi BD:

This is what Jesus said:

Mat 11:9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
    Mat 11:10 For this is [he], of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
    Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Yes, you say that Jesus is the Christ, but you deny that He is the Son of God and that he was crucified and raised again from the dead. If Jesus was not resurrected from the dead, there is no resurrection. There is no remission of sins except for the blood of the “Lamb of God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2009,15:59)
    Hi BD:

This is what Jesus said:

Mat 11:9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.  
    Mat 11:10 For this is [he], of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.  
    Mat 11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.  

Yes, you say that Jesus is the Christ, but you deny that He is the Son of God and that he was crucified and raised again from the dead.  If Jesus was not resurrected from the dead, there is no resurrection.  There is no remission of sins except for the blood of the “Lamb of God”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

That is not correct because Jesus spoke of the ressurection as a matter of fact before his coming:

Matthew 22 (King James Version)

31But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

(3) Think not of those who are slain in Allah.s way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord;
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #169)

Also Jesus was born of a woman so how can Jesus be greater than John the baptist?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Jesus said all in the kingdom are greater than John the baptist.[mt 11.11]
    The Lord Jesus is the King!

You should join the kingdom

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD……………It is written (NO) man comes unto the FATHER except through JESUS, Not Mohammad BD. You can not recieve eternal life though Mohammad , it must be through Jesus , who sacrificed himself for Us, Him only BD. For no other name has been given, where by men must be saved . Jesus Christ is the (DOOR) he is the access POINT TO THE FATHER. If you except his sacrifice for your sin, and believe in your heart that GOD raised Him from the dead, you will recieve eternal life also BD. No matter who or what Mohammad was, even if he was a true prophet like Mosses , that still is no match for, Jesus Christ, He is the head of all Power and Principalities, except for the FATHER Himself. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……………………………..gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 24 2009,02:03)
    BD……………It is written (NO) man comes unto the FATHER except through JESUS, Not Mohammad BD. You can not recieve eternal life though Mohammad , it must be through Jesus , who sacrificed himself for Us, Him only BD. For no other name has been given, where by men must be saved . Jesus Christ is the (DOOR) he is the access POINT TO THE FATHER. If you except his sacrifice for your sin, and believe in your heart that GOD raised Him from the dead, you will recieve eternal life also BD.  No matter who or what Mohammad was, even if he was a true prophet like Mosses , that still is no match for, Jesus Christ, He is the head of all Power and Principalities, except for the FATHER Himself. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours……………………………..gene

The Father is not bound to what Jesus wants Jesus is bound to what God wants. Jesus said that the POWER, GLORY and DOMINION belong to God not to him.

Jesus is blessed forever and he was blessed by God for him submitting to God.

God saved Jesus from death just as God saved Noah, Jonah, David, Lot…

Jesus was taken up to heaven alive just as Elijah was

(1) That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

Psalm 27:4-6 (New King James Version)

5 For in the time of trouble
    He shall hide me in His pavilion;
    In the secret place of His tabernacle
    He shall hide me;
    He shall set me high upon a rock.

Psalm 31:19-21 (New King James Version)

19 Oh, how great is Your goodness,
    Which You have laid up for those who fear You,
    Which You have prepared for those who trust in You
    In the presence of the sons of men!
    20 You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence
    From the plots of man;
    You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion
    From the strife of tongues.

Job 5:25-27 (New King James Version)

25 You shall also know that your descendants shall be many,
    And your offspring like the grass of the earth.

26 You shall come to the grave at a full age,
    As a sheaf of grain ripens in its season.

27 Behold, this we have searched out;
    It is true.
    Hear it, and know for yourself.”

Psalm 30:2-4 (New King James Version)

2 O LORD my God, I cried out to You,
    And You healed me.
    3 O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave;
    You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.[a]

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 3,171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account