Is the bible so difficult to understand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So in bringing the eunuch to water baptism and letting others wait for baptism of the Spirit by the laying on of the hands of the apostles God showed that repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus is what brings us into the kingdom so we can then later be reborn from above and begin the walk to sonship.

To show us it is not the physical water alone that changes men He gave us the example of Simon Magus.

Then to show that cleanliness by the word of truth is just as effective He gave us Cornelius.

banana
    Participant

Nick

So, how do these three excample show that you seek the kingdom first and then seek the Holy Spirit?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    You enter the kingdom of water and the Spirit-by obedience to the command of Jesus.
    You cannot see the kingdom till you are reborn from above.
    Wisdom is justified by her children

terraricca
    Participant

hi georg
    you are reborn from the inside out ,then it shows outside and now walk in the road to salvation untill the end of your live or the return of Christ who ever comes first,and by doing this you will not bring you self in jugement.
    this is what i believe ,is this different with you ???

banana
    Participant

terraricca

No, in fact I think I already agreed with you on that; now explain it to Nick.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    abode the baptisme in water ,it remind me of the story of naaman in 2King 5 he did not wand to wash himself in the jordain waters ,water is water he said it is true,but read what is servsnd told him,i think this was the key.
    if you go to Christ you most obey to what he says or you will remain in your sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Indeed God blesses obedience.
    But rebellion and intellectual justification for such disobedience is far more popular

terraricca
    Participant

hi georg
    look we all three agree this is Christ way ,let keep this pad and see were we divide,just to help all of us

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2009,12:28)
    Hi T,
    Indeed God blesses obedience.
    But rebellion and intellectual justification for such disobedience is far more popular

Nick: I see now, God only blesses those who obey what he says to do or not do. Would that be following the old law or what you call the law of love?

Hmm! Love does not request or force or make demands.
    Love is: kind, patient, creative of life, peaceful, meek etc.!

Love does not require from another. Love allows. Love is blessing all! God is love!

How do you disobey love if love has no demands or requirements? You can disobey a law or rule. You cannot disobey love, it requires nothing from you.

Love is more like leaving others alone and letting them be rather than telling them what orders to obey.

I guess righteousness by faith is out the door, faith is believing not obeying.

Righteousness is by obedience, now according to Nick!
    God bless your works for acceptance! TK

terraricca
    Participant

hi tk
    you just do know who to obey, in your explanation,but love does not keep you idleling it move you ,and that is were you wrong,
    because who can you show love for God and your fellow men by doing nothing??????
    what James said you have faith and no works (just lip service)? i will show you my faith by my works,you believe in God so does the devil ,but he is trembling.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    You MUST BE born again.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    could you clearly explain what born again means ?????and show scriptures to back it up.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

terraricca: I have ask Nick before to give me his version of what born again means to him. So far he only quotes it. There are no scriptures to back up that term.
    I might as well tell you what I believe. I believe that being born again is a process of re-creating ones mind and heart with the spirit of Gods word given to us by Jesus. The true way to God has always been believing his truth. Righteousness is by faith, no other way. Bless you, TK

terraricca
    Participant

hi tk
    yes in deed it is ,the fact that Jesus said to nicodemus that you have to be born again in the spirit to enter the kingdom,it was because the law was carnal, and sothere was no way to be saved by a law,that you could not fullfill.
    but grace was given for past sins,for those who will accepted the sacrifice of Christ.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

terraricca: I agree. The spirit or words of Jesus that are spirit and life from God has cleansed us, ordained us, healed us and made us whole again. The spirit/words of Jesus have done this. As one reads and accepts the truth/words of Jesus, he is cleansed, healed, forgiven, made whole. Jesus as the truth washes us clean if we believe. Jesus, established by his words, the Kingdom of God within the believers.(Luke 17:21)

One note to examine: Sin! Most all people believe that sin is something you do or don't do. I do not find that to be the truth. Sin is an error of belief. A belief that one thinks is truth of God but it is not. A mistaken thought. If Jesus says you are clean by the words that he has spoken then you are clean. If you believe, you experience life in a sinless manner. If you don't believe you are clean and that, somehow, sin remains, then you will experience life in sin/separation from union with God IN YOUR MIND! Not in truth. Sin is an illusion of truth. It is not truth. It is a lie/devil. There can be no separation from an omnipresent God. If you believe God is everywhere, and I do to, then you cannot be separated from him except by sin/error of thinking. If one believes he sins or is in sin then he has a sin consciousness and is separated from the life of God in his mind. Just some thoughts, Bless you, TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    Read again the words of Jesus to Nicodemus.
    The friends of Cornelius were reborn of the Spirit in Acts 10 but what was the reaction of Peter?

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    who many cornelius are there????
    why you dont point out what i do not understand nick so i may change my view.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    how many times you have to lie before you are called a liear ???i guess ones??
    how many time God as to do and perform miracles so that you may beleive in him?????? 1or 10 or 1000,or 10,000,or 100000,or how many???
    Christ said happy the ones who did not see and believed.
    it is because you dont believe in free will of man ??
    that you place all responsability on God not you ,and this is how you explain the grace of God ????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Calling others liars can lead to problems here.

Does ACTS10 not make clear which Cornelius I spoke of?

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    what my expression of liar means is a question, it seems you did not want or do understand what i say.if i called you a liar wen was that ??????

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account