Is the bible so difficult to understand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

the Bible, God's creater record book and futur visions ?for man?how come so much decied ?so much miss understanding,so much divission,so many interpretations.

why,why,why.???????
    PLEASE ANSWER TRUHTFULLY

banana
    Participant

terraricca

That's easy, no one wants to admit they're wrong. Just what did you expect from this topic?

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

hi georg
    it so in deed,you are so right I think you dont know how right you are.

the bible is the simpliest book i read, in fact he is the only book i read,
    i used to read a loth of books for many years and the bible almost as a referance book,
    then i realise that i was placing God s word at the second place ,that was why i understand i recieved second hand answers,
    so i change now the word of God is first and evrything els is nothing.

and now i see a little better my spiritual eyes see clearer no foge anymore,

but you are right in that statement ,

how we have to figure it out to distinguage the truth from the decied ?

I guess we have to figured out by our selfs and the bible ,and the Spirit of truth who reside in the scriptures.

banana
    Participant

terraricca

The spirit of truth has to reside in us, if it does not, we will do what everybody “is” doing, competing.

Georg

Quote (banana @ Dec. 06 2009,19:45)
    terraricca

That's easy, no one wants to admit they're wrong. Just what did you expect from this topic?

Georg

Someone who see's in a mirror clearly.

Quote (banana @ Dec. 07 2009,02:33)
    terraricca

The spirit of truth has to reside in us, if it does not, we will do what everybody “is” doing, competing.

Georg

It is a great day when you understand your own reflection!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of God wrote scripture through men[2Peter1]
    Seek first the kingdom then seek the Spirit

banana
    Participant

Huh, how do you separate the two?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Jesus is the door and we are baptised in the name of Jesus into him.
    Then we can ask of our new Father to share in his Spirit.[Lk11]
    The Eunuch was baptised in water showing God's priority.[Acts8]

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 07 2009,07:58)
    the Bible, God's creater record book and futur visions ?for man?how come so much decied ?so much miss understanding,so much divission,so many interpretations.

why,why,why.???????
    PLEASE ANSWER TRUHTFULLY

I would say because in a way it is used as a weapon, a means to try to control other people and to justify whatever one wants to make it justify.

To study it as a scholar is one thing, but as soon as you seek to use your conclusions to change the actions of others, you seek to use it that way if you it in doing so.

P1: “I say you must do this.”
    P2: “Why? Ridiculous?”
    P1: “The bible says so, therefore I must be right.”
    P2: (How can they argue with “divine” authority, save by finding their own quote?)

terraricca
    Participant

hi doug
    in a way you right if it came from man.
    just a example;supose you just got a new car ,not knowing how to make it work you ask some one for instructions .the person you ask turns around and show you a carton of books he said it is in there,what you thing will guide you to find the right manual?

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 08 2009,10:23)
    hi doug
    just a example;supose you just got a new car ,not knowing how to make it work you ask some one for instructions .the person you ask turns around and show you a carton of books he said it is in there,what you thing will guide you to find the right manual?

Even if the bible itself came directly from God (I personally take the view it was written, translated, and printed by people), as soon as any other person tries to use it to alter your behaviour – they are using their interpretation (that of a man) to do so.

So any interpretation of the bible is necessarily coming from a man, even if one didn't believe the book itself did.

In the situation you describe, I would find the right manual by looking through the books. I would be looking for books with titles, covers and contents pages that appeared to contain the information I was looking for. Which is to say, I would necessarily search first for car related books, and narrow that down to books appearing to potentially contain the information I wanted.

Provided the books have contents pages, indexes, meaningful titles etc. I should be able to devise a search strategy that finds me the book fairly quickly, if it's in there.

Ideally of course, they would be logically filed, or even better – all their details would also exist on a computer database to allow me to use a computer to do my search many times faster!

terraricca
    Participant

hi doug
    of course you right ,to me the word of God, is a open personnal lettre to man ,because it is the only book who answer man reason to exist.
    and more so it tell me how it would be best to walk to be happy in this live and as also a proposition to go beon the carnal live,this is the way i like,this knowledge tast like honey out of the mouth of a lion.

and you right some people try to use the bible in there advantage and abuse the weak ones ,this is going on since the beguining.

Participant

Hi:

Part of the answer is that some are trying to understand and teach without the Holy Ghost, and others are trying to teach before they are ready. Even so, there are things difficult to understand in the the bible, especially, in the OT.

1Cr 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1Cr 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Men are going first to men for answers and getting themselves confused.
    Soak in the bible for 10 to 20 years and then take some note of what men think.

terraricca
    Participant

hi all

2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
    2Pe 2:2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
    2Pe 2:3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

2Pe 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
    2Pe 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
    2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
    2Pe 1:6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
    2Pe 1:7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
    2Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2Pe 1:9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
    2Pe 1:10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,
    2Pe 1:11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

it seems what we live today is not new ,it is a old problem,that we can overcome.

banana
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 08 2009,09:04)
    Hi Georg,
    Jesus is the door and we are baptised in the name of Jesus into him.
    Then we can ask of our new Father to share in his Spirit.[Lk11]
    The Eunuch was baptised in water showing God's priority.[Acts8]

Nick

Who do you think inspired him to read the scriptures in the first place?

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    God calls.
    Some listen

banana
    Participant

Quote (Douglas @ Dec. 08 2009,10:38)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 08 2009,10:23)
    hi doug

Even if the bible itself came directly from God (I personally take the view it was written, translated, and printed by people), as soon as any other person tries to use it to alter your behaviour – they are using their interpretation (that of a man) to do so.

So any interpretation of the bible is necessarily coming from a man, even if one didn't believe the book itself did.

In the situation you describe, I would find the right manual by looking through the books. I would be looking for books with titles, covers and contents pages that appeared to contain the information I was looking for. Which is to say, I would necessarily search first for car related books, and narrow that down to books appearing to potentially contain the information I wanted.

Provided the books have contents pages, indexes, meaningful titles etc. I should be able to devise a search strategy that finds me the book fairly quickly, if it's in there.

Ideally of course, they would be logically filed, or even better – all their details would also exist on a computer database to allow me to use a computer to do my search many times faster!

Doug

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Georg

banana
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2009,06:58)
    Hi Georg,
    God calls.
    Some listen

You are soooo right.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 214 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account