Is observing christmas and easter ok?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 549 total)
  • Author

Quote (liljon @ Oct. 07 2005,13:00)
    I go to church on easter. But I go about every week to. I still get christmass presents (not as much since I'm older). Santa is blashphemy– “He knows when you are sleeping” and he gives rewards for people who are good. Doesn't God do the same?

Pagan equality with a god.

banana
    Participant

Quote (banana @ Dec. 23 2009,10:46)

Quote (OneoftheLordsGenerals @ Feb. 28 2006,06:30)
    I believe to observe the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and to observe his ressurection is key to our salvation. Without these two happenings we have no salvation. Giving gifts at christmas I see not as wrong. For it is better to give than recieve, and to sacrifice your money to get something someone needs. Which should not be only a one day thing, we should help all the time.
    Although I do abhor how commercialized and non-christian it has become. Most people become wrapped up in the rush of Christmas, and the give me, give me, give me of the holiday. Now Santa gives you a present, on the same day that God the Father gave us a present. Santa(which is kinda weird in that if you scramble the letters it says Satan, which could be just a coincidence) is the one who sees you if your sleeping, and rewards those whom have done good, and punish those with coal who did bad. It seems to be easier now a days to believe he mysteriously comes down a 1' by 1' chimney stack(after all those cookies he has eaten), with his belly( shakes like a bowl full of jelly) and a huge sack of toys(which holds all the children of the world's toys) after flying in on magical flying reindeer who pull a huge and heavy sled, to dump off the toys they really want(which kids have demanded from santa as long as they are good), eat the food, and get the heck outta there(the same way he came down,[now the first time gravity might have helped him], but not this time), and fly to the next house, YET HAS NEVER TRULY BEEN SEEN. Then to believe in an Almighty God. Christmas of today was truly the Birth of The Almighty Santa(or Satan). Satan takes the goodness of God and swirls it about until he gets what he wants people to see.
     Now we come to Easter. Oh boy, atleast Santa is a man, and not a 6' bunny who would truly frighten most kids. Again this wonderful day of the Ressurection of Our Lord(and God), Jesus Christ has been turned into an atrocity. Commercialization of Easter, and again the gimme spirit attacks. Now a 6' bunny parades around the world, hiding eggs(of no real value) for little kids to find(when they should be looking for salvation). So instead of finding truth they find an egg, instead of getting eternal life they get a basket of chocolate, instead of seeing the miracle of Easter they see the commercialization of Easter. They are being taught that is a holiday for tradition, same as Christmas. The fact the word Christmas has Christ in it is irrelavent to people.
     The workers of Satan know what importance these two days have to us. So they belittle them and try to take God out of both. They say, “let there be no association of God or Christ in these two days for we are a nation not bound by one religion but many”. But they use guile and deception to trick those who are not yet saved.

Christ was not born on Christmas Day.  He was born in September beginning of October.  The Bible does not teach us to celebrate His Birthday and only those Birthday that are mentioned are evil.  It was the Daughter of Herod who wanted the Head of John the Baptist and got it.  Also if you look into any Encyclopedia it will show you that Dec. 25 is first known to have been celebrated by the pagan festival.  (natalis solis invicti) which at the winter solstice begin an increase of light.  Dec. 25 is the longest night and afterwards the days begin to increase.  The pagan celebrated the Sun on that day.  A week long.  There are several Article in the Britannica Encyclopedia. If you want to know about it go to the Library I am sure they have something on it.
    Also Easter is not commanded in the Bible only the Passover is.  Both are pagan.  Since we have Family and they do celebrate Christmas I do buy Presents for them.  Its their Christmas, they don't understand it and I don't want them to feel insulted by what they think its Christ Birthday.  In the past I did not for about 15 years and it hurt them.  But we have no decoration of any kind in our House.  Those also are pagan.  I am always glad when all of this is over with.
    Peace and Love Irene

Sorry that I did this again.  The first post is enough to see what I am talking about. Our Salvation has nothing to do with Christmas. It is Christ's dying for us that we are under.
    Luke 22:20 …” This cup is the new covenant in My Blood which was shed for you.”

Irene

Quote (david @ Mar. 25 2008,23:41)

If God hates something do you think you should do it? If I know that my friend hates Cigarette Smoke I do not smoke in front of Him. Would you? You see what I am trying to say here. So does David.

–seek and you will find.

In view of your comment and not responding to Nick's question, without reply, I'll assume you do smoke, until told otherwise.

Since tobacco was unknown in the Middle East in Jesus’ days, the Bible does not mention it. Nevertheless, there are appropriate Bible principles to help us make a wise decision in this matter.

POLLUTION/UNCLEAN
    Those who want to please God must follow the Bible’s command to “cleanse [themselves] of every defilement of flesh and spirit.”
    (2 Corinthians 7:1)
    Smoking is without doubt a defilement, or a pollution, of the flesh.
    A smoker pollutes his clothes, the air around him, and of course his body, which when it becomes polluted enough, breaks down because of this.
    In 2006 the World Health Organization described tobacco use as “the second major cause of death in the world.”
    Smoking harms our bodies, and is unclean.  (Romans 6:19; 12:1; 2 Corinthians 7:1)

AN ADDICTION
    Paul, when speaking about foods, said: “I will not let myself be brought under authority by anything.” (1 Corinthians 6:12) Paul was free to eat any kind of food, but he knew that some people back there had sensitive consciences. So he said he was not so “addicted” to certain foods that he could not give them up if he had to in order to keep from stumbling others. If a person cannot stop smoking tobacco, he is definitely ‘under its authority.’ So Paul’s statement on the matter of food is a good guideline for tobacco use. We should not allow ourselves to become enslaved by a habit.

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR (Matthew 22:39)
    Smoking hurts others.  Secondhand cigarette smoke is “more dangerous than anyone suspected.” In the 18 months following a ban on smoking in offices, restaurants, and other indoor spaces in Pueblo, Colorado, U.S.A., the number of heart attacks among residents fell by 27 percent.—TIME, U.S.A.
    “Studies have shown that since the average smoker actively smokes his cigarette for only a small portion of the time it is lit, a nonsmoker may actually be forced against his will to breathe almost as much carbon monoxide, tar and nicotine as the active smoker sitting next to him.” (Today’s Health, April 1972, p. 39) A person who is thus unloving toward his fellowman does not give evidence of loving God either.—See 1 John 4:20.

david.
    (I know this isn't the right thread, but I doubt there is a thread, and I don't see a need to start one, or even have this conversation.)

Seek, your words:

Please don't feel offend, that is not my intention. Just want to give you some advice, and I hope you take that advice and at least study all the scriptures with an open mind.

The history of smoking can be dated to as early as 5000 BC, and has been recorded in many different cultures across the world. Early smoking evolved in association with religious ceremonies; as offerings to deities, in cleansing rituals or to allow shamans and priests to alter their minds for purposes of divination or spiritual enlightenment.

The history of smoking dates back to as early as 5000 BC in shamanistic rituals.[1] Many ancient civilizations, such as the Babylonians, Indians and Chinese, burnt incense as a part of religious rituals, as did the Israelites and the later Catholic and Orthodox Christian churches.

[1] See Gately; Wilbert

banana
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Dec. 23 2009,10:56)

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 05 2005,19:44)
    Is observing christmas and easter ok? What's your views?

Do you hide bunny eggs so your kids can search for them?

Does St.Nick come down your chimney ? Does he leave you and your children gifts in the dead of winter?

Man made traditions.

He is long gone. That was in 2005
    Most in this World will keep Christmas and Easter. Even some that all their lives in the W.W.Church of God were taught differently have gone back to keeping so many false doctrine like the trinity and Christmas and Easter.
    Sad. If anybody like to prove if Christ was born on Dec. 25 let me know and I will. By Scriptures.
    Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

hi Irene
    if you read the birth of John the baptist you will learn that Jesus was conceived six mount latter so a little matematics and you got it.also the priesthood of the father of john the Baptist.

uk 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
    Luk 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
    Luk 1:3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
    Luk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
    Luk 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
    Luk 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
    Luk 1:7 And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.
    Luk 1:8 And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,
    Luk 1:9 According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
    Luk 1:10 And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.
    Luk 1:11 And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
    Luk 1:12 And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
    Luk 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
    Luk 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
    Luk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
    Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
    Luk 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
    Luk 1:18 And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.
    Luk 1:19 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
    Luk 1:20 And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
    Luk 1:21 And the people waited for Zacharias, and marvelled that he tarried so long in the temple.
    Luk 1:22 And when he came out, he could not speak unto them: and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple: for he beckoned unto them, and remained speechless.
    Luk 1:23 And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house.
    Luk 1:24 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,
    Luk 1:25 Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.
    Luk 1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
    Luk 1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
    Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

banana
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 23 2009,18:40)
    hi Irene
    if you read the birth of John the baptist you will learn that Jesus was conceived six mount latter so a little matematics and you got it.also the priesthood  of the father of john the Baptist.

uk 1:1  Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,
    Luk 1:2  Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;
    Luk 1:3  It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,
    Luk 1:4  That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
    Luk 1:5  There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
    Luk 1:6  And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
    Luk 1:7  And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.
    Luk 1:8  And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,
    Luk 1:9  According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
    Luk 1:10  And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.
    Luk 1:11  And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
    Luk 1:12  And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
    Luk 1:13  But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
    Luk 1:14  And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
    Luk 1:15  For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
    Luk 1:16  And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
    Luk 1:17  And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
    Luk 1:18  And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.
    Luk 1:19  And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
    Luk 1:20  And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
    Luk 1:21  And the people waited for Zacharias, and marvelled that he tarried so long in the temple.
    Luk 1:22  And when he came out, he could not speak unto them: and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple: for he beckoned unto them, and remained speechless.
    Luk 1:23  And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house.
    Luk 1:24  And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,
    Luk 1:25  Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.
    Luk 1:26  And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
    Luk 1:27  To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
    Luk 1:28  And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Yes, I know also if you know the Months of God which are listed in our Rye Study Bible of King James, you can figure it out, when Mary visited Elizabeth and Zacharia was serving in the Temple. So there are several ways to figure it out when Jesus was born. Nice to know. We had no Tree or any decoration in our House now since 1985. That is when We learned from the W.W. Church of God so many things. But since then God has shown us other truths and We are for ever thankful to God for that.
    Peace adn Love Irene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (banana @ Dec. 23 2009,18:15)

Does St.Nick come down your chimney ? Does he leave you and your children gifts in the dead of winter?

Man made traditions.

He is long gone.  That was in 2005
    Most in this World will keep Christmas and Easter.  Even some that all their lives in the W.W.Church of God were taught differently have gone back to keeping so many false doctrine like the trinity and Christmas and Easter.
    Sad.  If anybody like to prove if Christ was born on Dec. 25 let me know and I will.  By Scriptures.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene.
    I see you were once a member of the WWCG. My wife and I were also members at one time, but soon quit shortly after the changes came in. We have since realised that we are the “church”, we don't “go” to church.
    In my opinion, I don't think that Christmas is celebrating Jesus 'birthday', it is a celebration of His 'birth', in as much as we don't really know His date of birth.
    I don't see celebrating Christmas as right or wrong, I look upon it as a time of family gathering, my children and grandchildren love the gatherings, the opening of gifts, the togetherness of relatives that live a distance away, seeing each other and renewing old aquaintences.
    We are not under “law”, but under “Grace”, there is no harm in this, God is not angry at us, He has “conciliated the world to Himself, through His Son. (2Cor.5-18-19) He sees our sin no more. I'm sure that celebrating His Sons birth does not offend Him.

God Bless, Jerry.

banana
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Dec. 30 2009,17:41)

Man made traditions.

Most in this World will keep Christmas and Easter.  Even some that all their lives in the W.W.Church of God were taught differently have gone back to keeping so many false doctrine like the trinity and Christmas and Easter.
    Sad.  If anybody like to prove if Christ was born on Dec. 25 let me know and I will.  By Scriptures.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene.
      I see you were once a member of the WWCG.  My wife and I were also members at one time, but soon quit shortly after the changes came in.  We have since realised that we are the “church”, we don't “go” to church.
      In my opinion, I don't think that Christmas is celebrating Jesus 'birthday', it is a celebration of His 'birth', in as much as we don't really know His date of birth.  
      I don't see celebrating Christmas as right or wrong, I look upon it as a time of family gathering, my children and grandchildren love the gatherings, the opening of gifts, the togetherness of relatives that live a distance away, seeing each other and renewing old aquaintences.
      We are not under “law”, but under “Grace”, there is no harm in this, God is not angry at us, He has “conciliated the world to Himself, through His Son. (2Cor.5-18-19) He sees our sin no more.  I'm sure that celebrating His Sons birth does not offend Him.

God Bless, Jerry.

Maybe and maybe not,if you consider that it is not Christ's Birthday on the 25 of December but rather the Sun Gods Birthday.  Jesus was born in September at the beginning of October.  No date is given to us in the Bible that will tell us the date.  So therefore I find that celebrating a date that is not His Birthday is wrong.  All is Pagan and not of God.  Sorry you left the Church so quickly, because they changed many things, for instance Make-up etc. We were in the Church for 10 years and tell you the truth I enjoyed it. We were Family. No Gossip etc. But since then we have learned that keeping the Sabbath was never ours to keep it was a sign between Israel and God.
    Exodus 31:16-17
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Man made traditions.

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene.
      I see you were once a member of the WWCG.  My wife and I were also members at one time, but soon quit shortly after the changes came in.  We have since realised that we are the “church”, we don't “go” to church.
      We are not under “law”, but under “Grace”, there is no harm in this, God is not angry at us, He has “conciliated the world to Himself, through His Son. (2Cor.5-18-19) He sees our sin no more.  I'm sure that celebrating His Sons birth does not offend Him.

God Bless, Jerry.

Chosenone……….I to was a member of the wwcog for seven years and left Just before the big change started, and i to do not attend any church, I also see Christmas as a celebration of Jesus' Berth into the world, even though the day is wrong, and the people who put tree in their houses are ignorant of the origins of that practice, they do not fall down and worship the tree as a GOD as ancient pagans did. We are told to render Righteous Judgements. We should not condemn the ignorant. But have mercy and teach with patience and LOVE. Remember we are going to come with Jesus to convience all the ungodly of there ungodly deed which they have ungodly committed. (NOT CONDEMN THEM).

Another thing there are several here who are X wwcog members, You, Jodi, Irene and Georg, Myself,

peace and love to you and yours…………gene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Man made traditions.

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene.

God Bless, Jerry.

Refreshing!! I am in much agreement with you on this Jerry.  

One thing I do have a hard time with though is in the word Christmas, because it represents Christ's Mass, the RCC ritualism they use for commemorating the last supper…..and why would that be used for the title of the celebration of Christ's birthday?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The work of reconciliation of the world to God continues.[2Cor5.18]
    It was not done for all instantly by magic, but is of faith.
    Whatever is not of faith is of sin.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi All.
    Thanks for your replies, whether you agree or disagree. May I say that when we first joined the WWCG we were told that to celebrate Christmas was wrong, along with many other “wrongs”. We (my wife and I), discussed the thought of obeying the church's rule, but came to the conclusion that after a liftime of celebrating Christmas the usual way, having raised our children and now grandchildren enjoying the Christmas festivities, especially the children opening their presents Christmas morning after seeing their presents under the tree, that to stop doing so would do much harm to our family and the chidren and grandchildren. It would ailienate us from our family to end such a blessed relationship, and all of us would be deeply hurt. We decided we would continue our tradition and keep our family together.
    I know I'll get many replies critical of this decision, saying that we follow pagan traditions, yet I do not believe that this is wrong in Gods eyes, after all, Jesus' birth was celebrated by the three that came to see Him, and brought gifts. I think doing the wrong thing would be to destroy our family by not celebrating Christmas, after years of doing so.

God Bless, Jerry.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Dec. 31 2009,04:13)

Man made traditions.

Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene.

God Bless, Jerry.

Refreshing!! I am in much agreement with you on this Jerry.  

One thing I do have a hard time with though is in the word Christmas, because it represents Christ's Mass, the RCC ritualism they use for commemorating the last supper…..and why would that be used for the title of the celebration of Christ's birthday?

Hi Jodi Lee.
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I don't know why “Christmas” was chosen for this celebration, I never have given this much thought, I do see your point though.

Blessings.

banana
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Dec. 31 2009,07:44)
    Hi All.
      Thanks for your replies, whether you agree or disagree.  May I say that when we first joined the WWCG we were told that to celebrate Christmas was wrong, along with many other “wrongs”.  We (my wife and I), discussed the thought of obeying the church's rule, but came to the conclusion that after a liftime of celebrating Christmas the usual way, having raised our children and now grandchildren enjoying the Christmas festivities, especially the children opening their presents Christmas morning after seeing their presents under the tree, that to stop doing so would do much harm to our family and the chidren and grandchildren.  It would ailienate us from our family to end such a blessed relationship, and all of us would be deeply hurt.  We decided we would continue our tradition and keep our family together.  
      I know I'll get many replies critical of this decision, saying that we follow pagan traditions, yet I do not believe that this is wrong in Gods eyes, after all, Jesus' birth was celebrated by the three that came to see Him, and brought gifts.  I think doing the wrong thing would be to destroy our family by not celebrating Christmas, after years of doing so.

God Bless,  Jerry.

If Christ would have been born on Dec. 25 maybe it would be right to do, but since He was not born on that day and the Sun God was, I feel it is wrong to do. If you do it because of the Family, what does the Bible have to say about that. If you love them more then me you are not worthy of Me, it says. We can figure it out when Christ was born and then to turn around after you know about that IMO is twice as wrong. Therefore even tho I buy our small Grandson gifts since He would not understand I do expect it of the bigger Children of ours to understand and respect us.
    Peace and Love Irene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (banana @ Dec. 31 2009,17:19)

Quote (chosenone @ Dec. 31 2009,07:44)
    Hi All.
      Thanks for your replies, whether you agree or disagree.  May I say that when we first joined the WWCG we were told that to celebrate Christmas was wrong, along with many other “wrongs”.  We (my wife and I), discussed the thought of obeying the church's rule, but came to the conclusion that after a liftime of celebrating Christmas the usual way, having raised our children and now grandchildren enjoying the Christmas festivities, especially the children opening their presents Christmas morning after seeing their presents under the tree, that to stop doing so would do much harm to our family and the chidren and grandchildren.  It would ailienate us from our family to end such a blessed relationship, and all of us would be deeply hurt.  We decided we would continue our tradition and keep our family together.  
      I know I'll get many replies critical of this decision, saying that we follow pagan traditions, yet I do not believe that this is wrong in Gods eyes, after all, Jesus' birth was celebrated by the three that came to see Him, and brought gifts.  I think doing the wrong thing would be to destroy our family by not celebrating Christmas, after years of doing so.

God Bless,  Jerry.

If Christ would have been born on Dec. 25 maybe it would be right to do, but since He was not born on that day and the Sun God was, I feel it is wrong to do.  If you do it because of the Family, what does the Bible have to say about that.  If you love them more then me you are not worthy of Me, it  says.  We can figure it out when Christ was born and then to turn around after you know about that IMO is twice as wrong.  Therefore even tho I buy our small Grandson gifts since He would not understand I do expect it of the bigger Children of ours to understand and respect us.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene.
    I agree, Jesus date of birth is unknown, we are not celebrating His “birthday”, we celebrate His “birth”, and I do not find this wrong. We'll just have to agree to disagree, not much use arguing about it. God Bless.

martian
    Participant

Yes let's all ostrasize our families on christmas. That will really serve God. Regardless of the pagan history behind Christmas and Easter most that celebrate these holidays have no clue of their origins. It is one of the few times when people sing praises to God and try to fulfill the comandment to be kind to one another. But we must uphold the law regardless if we are producing bad fruit and destroying good fruit.
    What silliness!!!!

chosenone
    Participant

Good post martian, I agree.

Blessings.

Participant

Brothers and sisters in Christ:

Just stopped by to say that I hope every one of you is doing well and to wish those of you who celebrate Christmas, a Merry Christmas, and to all a very prosperous New Year.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty……..> May God continue to be with you also brother, and i wish you and your a very healthy and happy new year brother.

peace and love to you and yours Marty…………………………………………………………..gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Eliyah @ Oct. 06 2005,13:44)

See rev.2:6.15.

nicolaitanes( follower of nicolas.)

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 549 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account